Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,702 members, 7,809,667 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:48 PM

Attack On Police in Anambra, Rubbers Spoke Strange Language - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Attack On Police in Anambra, Rubbers Spoke Strange Language (1748 Views)

Why Channels Forum On Police Academy Was Postponed / Subsidy Bribe: Pressure On Police To Charge Otedola With Lawan / Fresh Attack On Police Station In Sokoto Kills Policeman (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Attack On Police in Anambra, Rubbers Spoke Strange Language by duke4ever: 2:49pm On Apr 07, 2012
From IJEOMA ONUORAH, Nnewi and DOM EKPUNOBI,
Onitsha Friday April 06, 2012 Gunmen suspected to be armed robbers yesterday
stormed Ukpor Police Station in Nnewi South
Council Area of Anambra State, killing three mobile
policemen and setting the station ablaze. The
hoodlums who came in a Toyota Hilux Pick-up van,
and a white Hummer bus attacked the station at about 2:15a.m, shooting sporadically before hitting
three mobile police officers. The dead officers, were posted to the station on
Wednesday to beef up security in the area. Daily
Sun, gathered the slain cops were deployed from
Mopol Base 54 Onitsha and that the robbers spoke
in a strange language, calling some officers to come
out and confront them, before razing part of the station with locally made grenades. They also
carted away an undisclosed number of AK47rifles. The source insisted that some of the officers at the
station ran in all directions before luck ran out on
the three, who could not escape during the
exchange of fire.
Their bodies were said to have been deposited at
the Nnamdi Azikiwe University Teaching Hospital morgue, Nnewi. The DPO of the station, Mr. Jacob Muri, who declined
comments, was said to have been contacted
around 2:00a.m about the arrival of the robbers,
but his efforts to mobilize more personnel from
Nnewi Area Command and other neigbouring
communities proved abortive. Anambra State Police Public Relations officer, Mr.
Emeka Chukwuemeka, who was touring the
affected areas recently, with the new state Police
Commissioner, Bala Nasarawa, turned down
questions by reporters, but promised to brief
journalists. The Ukpor attack was the second of such on police
stations in Anambra State in two days. The first was
at Amichi Police Station in Nnewi South Local
Government Area. The incident brought to six, the number of
policemen killed with one injured within two days. sunnewsonline.com/webpages/news/national/2012/apr/06/national-06-04-2011-003.html
Re: Attack On Police in Anambra, Rubbers Spoke Strange Language by nduchucks: 2:57pm On Apr 07, 2012
duke4ever:

Daily Sun, gathered the slain cops were deployed from Mopol Base 54 Onitsha and that the robbers spoke
in a strange language
, calling some officers to come out and confront them, before razing part of the station with locally made grenades. shocked They also carted away an undisclosed number of AK47rifles.

The Ukpor attack was the second of such on police stations in Anambra State in two days. The first was
at Amichi Police Station in Nnewi South Local Government Area.

The incident brought to six, the number of policemen killed with one injured within two days.

hmmmm, the culprits spoke in a strange language, but they razed the police station with locally made grenades

GEJ, the security situation is getting worse than anyone ever imagined, its time to do your job, sir.

1 Like

Re: Attack On Police in Anambra, Rubbers Spoke Strange Language by duke4ever: 2:59pm On Apr 07, 2012
What language could that be if the locals could not understand? Is that language spoken in Nigeria at all? It is glaring that this crime in the East is imported.
Re: Attack On Police in Anambra, Rubbers Spoke Strange Language by duke4ever: 3:55pm On Apr 07, 2012
ndu_chucks:

hmmmm, the culprits spoke in a strange language, but they razed the police station with locally made grenades

GEJ, the security situation is getting worse than anyone ever imagined, its time to do your job, sir.
Locally made grenades could be manufactured anywhere withing the country, you know?
Re: Attack On Police in Anambra, Rubbers Spoke Strange Language by nduchucks: 4:03pm On Apr 07, 2012
duke4ever: Locally made grenades could be manufactured anywhere withing the country, you know?
nwanne, what does local mean in the context of this report? Please enlighten me. abi BH from Niger Republic are already operating in the East?
Re: Attack On Police in Anambra, Rubbers Spoke Strange Language by Nobody: 4:09pm On Apr 07, 2012
Is a new armed group about to be born ?
Re: Attack On Police in Anambra, Rubbers Spoke Strange Language by juman(m): 4:38pm On Apr 07, 2012
Am concern of the killed police men. They are from some families.

Their families are losing their loved ones and their bread winners.
Re: Attack On Police in Anambra, Rubbers Spoke Strange Language by Afam4eva(m): 4:41pm On Apr 07, 2012
How strange can this language be? At least it's obvious they did not speak Igbo and if it's Hausa that they spoke, i don't think it would have been refered to as strange because most people know how Hausa sound.
Re: Attack On Police in Anambra, Rubbers Spoke Strange Language by Onlytruth(m): 4:53pm On Apr 07, 2012
They could have spoken Ibibio, Ijaw, Ogoni or any of the over 15 languages in Cross river state.
They also operated with a lot of confidence and calm, even using exotic cars like Hummers and jeeps and were not in any hurry.
Ndigbo say that a boy whose father sends to a robbery often boldly kicks down doors with confidence.
These are not Northerners, by a long shot. cool
Re: Attack On Police in Anambra, Rubbers Spoke Strange Language by nduchucks: 5:19pm On Apr 07, 2012
Onlytruth: They could have spoken Ibibio, Ijaw, Ogoni or any of the over 15 languages in Cross river state.
They also operated with a lot of confidence and calm, even using exotic cars like Hummers and jeeps and were not in any hurry.
Ndigbo say that a boy whose father sends to a robbery often boldly kicks down doors with confidence.
These are not Northerners, by a long shot. cool

shatap dia, once again here you are trying to lay blame on the Ibibio, Ijaw, or Ogonis, simply because they mentioned Hummer. Here dem: "The robbers spoke in a strange language, calling some officers to come
out and confront them ". nwanne, if they spoke in a strange language, how did the officers know that they were being called to come out and confront them? SMH
Re: Attack On Police in Anambra, Rubbers Spoke Strange Language by Afam4eva(m): 5:36pm On Apr 07, 2012
ndu_chucks:

shatap dia, once again here you are trying to lay blame on the Ibibio, Ijaw, or Ogonis, simply because they mentioned Hummer. Here dem: "The robbers spoke in a strange language, calling some officers to come
out and confront them ". nwanne, if they spoke in a strange language, how did the officers know that they were being called to come out and confront them? SMH

Now, that is funny. Anyway, they must have mixed the strange language with English or Pidgin.
Re: Attack On Police in Anambra, Rubbers Spoke Strange Language by Beaf: 5:47pm On Apr 07, 2012
The kidnappers in Delta state were heard speaking Esan, which is a language from Northern Edo state. Similarly, the Anambra robbers most likely would have been speaking a language from a neighbouring state (aside from 100% Igbo states, it shares borders with Delta, Rivers and Kogi).
Re: Attack On Police in Anambra, Rubbers Spoke Strange Language by Nobody: 5:50pm On Apr 07, 2012
i have had reason to warn people that our slack borders will soon come to harm us. with the escalating drought in the sahel region, these war mongering aliens will start flocking nigeria in their thousands. check out the strange fellows that arrived cross river in the name of refugee. i bet the beans i'm cooking right now that those guys are tuareg militias in search of weaponry
Re: Attack On Police in Anambra, Rubbers Spoke Strange Language by BabaEleko(m): 6:42pm On Apr 07, 2012
Maybe the were speaking in tongues.
Re: Attack On Police in Anambra, Rubbers Spoke Strange Language by duke4ever: 7:33pm On Apr 07, 2012
ndu_chucks:
nwanne, what does local mean in the context of this report? Please enlighten me. abi BH from Niger Republic are already operating in the East?
As much as I may want to subscribe to the possibility of the point you are working hard to establish, namely that the grenade could have been manufactured in Nnewi(to name, a name) or nearby towns, I want you to also accept the posssibility of it been manufactured in border states surrounding Anambra state as well. Think Kogi; think C.River or Rivers etc. Bwt, has there been any sample grenade from Anambra or other states before in order to juxtapose which came from where?
Re: Attack On Police in Anambra, Rubbers Spoke Strange Language by duke4ever: 7:40pm On Apr 07, 2012
Their overwhelming confidence and well thought out onslaught against the security outfit in the state is baffling and disturbing. What has Police commited this time to warrant these targeted attacks in recent time?
Re: Attack On Police in Anambra, Rubbers Spoke Strange Language by Onlytruth(m): 3:36am On Apr 08, 2012
ndu_chucks:

shatap dia, once again here you are trying to lay blame on the Ibibio, Ijaw, or Ogonis, simply because they mentioned Hummer. Here dem: "The robbers spoke in a strange language, calling some officers to come out and confront them ". nwanne, if they spoke in a strange language, how did the officers know that they were being called to come out and confront them? SMH

So you are this easy to confuse/deceive? So if a Nnewi guy speaks Oron, Yoruba or Ijaw or even Kanuri or whatever language of the police officer (mind you they may have been to that station before the attack) it suddenly means they are foreigners? I'm not rulling out the possibility of non-Anambrarians doing this. The only real give away, IMHO, is their level of calm and confidence. No foreigner operates with such calm and swagger in the heart of Igboland unless given pass by the locals. They have already attacked THREE times within the same area in under 2 days. I'm not blaming anyone, but the police should search themselves. Why are they singled out for repeat attacks? This is unprecedented in the East.
Re: Attack On Police in Anambra, Rubbers Spoke Strange Language by Nobody: 5:33am On Apr 08, 2012
I smell BH shiftin base!
Re: Attack On Police in Anambra, Rubbers Spoke Strange Language by Mynd44: 7:20am On Apr 08, 2012
I would really love to understand who these people call strange language. Perhaps they were speaking German or cantonese
Re: Attack On Police in Anambra, Rubbers Spoke Strange Language by Nobody: 8:05am On Apr 08, 2012
Or drug-fueled craze.
You never know what you say with some 'Correct' narcotics.
Re: Attack On Police in Anambra, Rubbers Spoke Strange Language by seleroms: 9:25am On Apr 08, 2012
Point of correction Esan is from edo central and not Edo north,akoko edo are from Edo north
Beaf: The kidnappers in Delta state were heard speaking Esan, which is a language from Northern Edo state. Similarly, the Anambra robbers most likely would have been speaking a language from a neighbouring state (aside from 100% Igbo states, it shares borders with Delta, Rivers and Kogi).
Re: Attack On Police in Anambra, Rubbers Spoke Strange Language by seleroms: 9:29am On Apr 08, 2012
Stop making statements that you aint sure of or you know something that the rest of us aint privy of? Taureg ko boko haram ni. Strange languaget that only the policemen understood and with all that was going on when peeps are supposed to be hiding they are listening to the screaming dialogue of robbers abi police assassins
torkaka: i have had reason to warn people that our slack borders will soon come to harm us. with the escalating drought in the sahel region, these war mongering aliens will start flocking nigeria in their thousands. check out the strange fellows that arrived cross river in the name of refugee. i bet the beans i'm cooking right now that those guys are tuareg militias in search of weaponry
Re: Attack On Police in Anambra, Rubbers Spoke Strange Language by seleroms: 9:33am On Apr 08, 2012
Gbam to your post,help me enlighten all these sterotypes here. Their been calm in operation tells so much about their source
Onlytruth:

So you are this easy to confuse/deceive? So if a Nnewi guy speaks Oron, Yoruba or Ijaw or even Kanuri or whatever language of the police officer (mind you they may have been to that station before the attack) it suddenly means they are foreigners? I'm not rulling out the possibility of non-Anambrarians doing this. The only real give away, IMHO, is their level of calm and confidence. No foreigner operates with such calm and swagger in the heart of Igboland unless given pass by the locals. They have already attacked THREE times within the same area in under 2 days. I'm not blaming anyone, but the police should search themselves. Why are they singled out for repeat attacks? This is unprecedented in the East.
Re: Attack On Police in Anambra, Rubbers Spoke Strange Language by aljharem(m): 9:36am On Apr 08, 2012
LOL, @ strange language.

Who cares about the language ??

we are talking about the poor security of our nation, people are talking about language here /
Re: Attack On Police in Anambra, Rubbers Spoke Strange Language by seleroms: 9:49am On Apr 08, 2012
Onlytruth:

(1) (Reply)

Inside The Aburi Accord / Osun People Are Losing Confidence In Aregbe / Open Letter To President Goodluck Jonathan Of Nigeria From BIAFRA

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.