Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,667 members, 7,865,689 topics. Date: Wednesday, 19 June 2024 at 11:32 PM

A Review Of Nairaland. Share Yours - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / A Review Of Nairaland. Share Yours (3176 Views)

Where Does Nairaland "Share" Button Share To? / How Did You Discover Nairaland;share Your Story Here / Nairaland "Share" Button (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Review Of Nairaland. Share Yours by Nobody: 11:36pm On Apr 10, 2012
For me, have been on NL since Dec 2009. From 2009 till early 2012, i wasn't an active member, i just sign in to read people's thread. And i tell you, it was really interesting then. The topics were always mind blowing. Even up till now, they are still mind blowing even if some are provocative. I had to start commenting on threads because i felt my view can change the thinking/mentality of viewers. The forum is really a place that gives the common man a voice. It is Typical Nigerian setting. For the political section, Some argue blindly, others argue out of bias and out of tribalism and some bring up constructive criticisms, while others flow with the Tides of the wind. So far, it has been exposing to me. Have been on the romance section for a while now. Have read alot of life stories and some of the forum members have been able to give out meaningful advice. While others make jest of you. It only shows you how in balance the world can be. So far, it has been good especially with love stories. Sexuality, health has been really exposing. Business section aint trying at all. Its like they keep repeating the scripts there. Jokes section is also good. The moderators have been brilliant all through. Especially by bringing sanity to the thread. I just have to commend them. The weird and funky thing about Nairaland is the anonymousity. Alot of people might have tongue-lash their colleagues, boss, parents, brother, spouse and they wouldn't know. Really it's cru-ra-zy. The food section hardly make frontpage, i don't know why? Abi Mod's we no go chop? I find it hard not to open NL on my laptop/phone each day. Its becoming a part of me. Facebook/twitter/dating sites/2go/mozat/e-buddy looks boring to me now. Nairaland is truly a Nigerian community with all tribes incorporated. If you ask me that does the comments we see here represent the general thinking of Nigerians, i would say to some extent because you can never predict a Nigerian thats why we are different from Africans. Lastly i remember Perx, may her soul RIP. Nairalanders/Nigerians showed us how caring, loving, supportive they can be. Though i didn't meet her in any thread but alot of NL came out to support her when she needed the support. Big up to you guys meeen. Mr. Seun. Big ups to you for your vision and passion. Make una no think say bcuz i dey review wetin NL be, i don turn gentle man o. If u find my trouble, we go e-fight o! And if u talk wetin no dey dictionary, i go e-bash you o! grin grin grin grin grin joke apart lol.. Nairalanders share your own personal review of this great forum. I rest my case

yours truly,
benny toh raz

3 Likes

Re: A Review Of Nairaland. Share Yours by AmakaG29(f): 3:01pm On Apr 13, 2012
NL for me has been a space to be heard, make friends, and help people. It's nice to engage in conversations with people from all over the Diaspora about all kinds of topics. I get so little opportunity to express myself.
Re: A Review Of Nairaland. Share Yours by Nobody: 4:05pm On Apr 13, 2012
Amaka G29:
NL for me has been a space to be heard, make friends, and help people. It's nice to engage in conversations with people from all over the Diaspora about all kinds of topics. I get so little opportunity to express myself.
why do you get little opportunity to express yourself? The last time i checked, the forum is very open & free.
Re: A Review Of Nairaland. Share Yours by AmakaG29(f): 7:24am On Apr 14, 2012
I know I meant here versus the rest of my life. HERE I get to express myself.
Re: A Review Of Nairaland. Share Yours by Nobody: 4:26pm On Apr 14, 2012
Amaka G29:
I know I meant here versus the rest of my life. HERE I get to express myself.
It pays to express yourself, everywhere. It carries away alot of burden. So girl, express yourself in real life and on the internet. Don't feel shy or intimidated. Afterall nobody can hurt you for doing that ok
Re: A Review Of Nairaland. Share Yours by Goshen360(m): 4:26pm On Apr 16, 2012
It's a good place to share views, listen to other people's idea, learn great things etc but beware of addiction to nairaland,lol.

1 Like

Re: A Review Of Nairaland. Share Yours by robinhoodd2(m): 4:28pm On Apr 16, 2012
stop propagating anti islamic or anti northern posts,at least they shouldnt feature on the front page
Re: A Review Of Nairaland. Share Yours by Nobody: 4:31pm On Apr 16, 2012
bennyraz: For me, have been on NL since Dec 2009. From 2009 till early 2012, i wasn't an active member, i just sign in to read people's thread. And i tell you, it was really interesting then. The topics were always mind blowing. Even up till now, they are still mind blowing even if some are provocative. I had to start commenting on threads because i felt my view can change the thinking/mentality of viewers. The forum is really a place that gives the common man a voice. It is Typical Nigerian setting. For the political section, Some argue blindly, others argue out of bias and out of tribalism and some bring up constructive criticisms, while others flow with the Tides of the wind. So far, it has been exposing to me. Have been on the romance section for a while now. Have read alot of life stories and some of the forum members have been able to give out meaningful advice. While others make jest of you. It only shows you how in balance the world can be. So far, it has been good especially with love stories. Sexuality, health has been really exposing. Business section aint trying at all. Its like they keep repeating the scripts there. Jokes section is also good. The moderators have been brilliant all through. Especially by bringing sanity to the thread. I just have to commend them. The weird and funky thing about Nairaland is the anonymousity. Alot of people might have tongue-lash their colleagues, boss, parents, brother, spouse and they wouldn't know. Really it's cru-ra-zy. The food section hardly make frontpage, i don't know why? Abi Mod's we no go chop? I find it hard not to open NL on my laptop/phone each day. Its becoming a part of me. Facebook/twitter/dating sites/2go/mozat/e-buddy looks boring to me now. Nairaland is truly a Nigerian community with all tribes incorporated. If you ask me that does the comments we see here represent the general thinking of Nigerians, i would say to some extent because you can never predict a Nigerian thats why we are different from Africans. Lastly i remember Perx, may her soul RIP. Nairalanders/Nigerians showed us how caring, loving, supportive they can be. Though i didn't meet her in any thread but alot of NL came out to support her when she needed the support. Big up to you guys meeen. Mr. Seun. Big ups to you for your vision and passion. Make una no think say bcuz i dey review wetin NL be, i don turn gentle man o. If u find my trouble, we go e-fight o! And if u talk wetin no dey dictionary, i go e-bash you o! grin grin grin grin grin joke apart lol.. Nairalanders share your own personal review of this great forum. I rest my case

yours truly,
benny toh raz

First of all, i think Nairaland is being over moderated and sometimes that discourages active members from making posts and comments.
Secondly, like OP has rightly said, some sections hardly make it to the front page. Seems Seun is more interested in Politics.
Thirdly, I'd like to suggest that the images should be aligned to the middle. The way it is right now is not so cool.
Finally, I agree totally with Bolded statements.
Re: A Review Of Nairaland. Share Yours by achi4u(m): 4:42pm On Apr 16, 2012
NL is the best
Re: A Review Of Nairaland. Share Yours by sweetcocoa(f): 4:49pm On Apr 16, 2012
Nairaland has been fun,educating,entertaining,informating,inspirating and anything you can think of although sometimes it can be bore-ating.cheesy

On a more serious note,all the years i've been here hasn't been a waste,met some wonderful friends from here,learn new things everyday and it has sure been a place to always hang out whenever i want especially as someone who doesn't like going out,its been wonderful.
Re: A Review Of Nairaland. Share Yours by Nobody: 4:55pm On Apr 16, 2012
Well. . . Nairaland is educative and informative. is a place where you find a whole lot of internet e-diot in one place all together.
Re: A Review Of Nairaland. Share Yours by donpeluchi(m): 5:02pm On Apr 16, 2012
Nairaland is informative. It's fun sometimes and a real mess when tribalism takes over'.
Re: A Review Of Nairaland. Share Yours by dubem3(m): 5:12pm On Apr 16, 2012
I registered in early 2010
and just like you (OP)
i used to steal in (even before i registered)
read then posts and leave.
i initially even thought it was a site for job seekers
took quite some time before i explored the whole site
and found out otherwise.
Especially with the advent of the new nairaland,
i've been pushed to participate more.
its a fun place.
if it were not that i've not seen anything big enough
to make me addicted, i'ld say thats where am headed.
all other similar forums if they were humans would say
i broke their heart...what i love about nairaland
is that sense of being part of a certain community
where the individuals at first are names and then
gradually begin to build personalities in your head
based on comments they make.
Ask Odumchi where he got the mental images with
which he drew his friendly caricatures.
i've heard peeps talk about a get together,
it would really be nice but then i ask myself what it
would do to that wonderful community that exists only
in our individual heads.
NAIRALAND IS A GREAT PLACE
Re: A Review Of Nairaland. Share Yours by Nobody: 5:20pm On Apr 16, 2012
NL is cool.....buh d level of tribalism is heart-breaking..

I love d site...but i hate d pretence..

Put up a post like 'would u pick 1million on d floor if u find it'?

U'd c lots of people sayin dey'll find d real owner..who is washing hu? For dis our naija?

Moreso...d anonymity is reducing...somehow..it is..
Re: A Review Of Nairaland. Share Yours by SisiKill1: 5:23pm On Apr 16, 2012
Is it safe to assume that the hidden posts don't end with "NAIRALAND IS THE BESTEST, GREATEST FORUM LIKE EVER IN THE HISTORY OF FORUMS! OH NAIRALAND WE LOVE YOU! YOU MAKE MY LIFE BETTER!!! I BOW AT THE ALTER OF YOUR AWESOMENESS"
Re: A Review Of Nairaland. Share Yours by Nobody: 6:05pm On Apr 16, 2012
just dat i don't like dz new site cos i keep putin my username and password everytime i want 2 enter nairaland
Re: A Review Of Nairaland. Share Yours by kay9(m): 6:24pm On Apr 16, 2012
Sisi_Kill: Is it safe to assume that the hidden posts don't end with "NAIRALAND IS THE BESTEST...

Sisi_Kill, is it really you? shocked I mean, can i safely assume that it is my sweet sassy Sisi from way back when 'gay' still meant 'happy'? Is it..?
Re: A Review Of Nairaland. Share Yours by PrinceDudu(m): 6:34pm On Apr 16, 2012
Extra-moral classes for LIFE in general.
Re: A Review Of Nairaland. Share Yours by Nobody: 6:48pm On Apr 16, 2012
E War Zone - If you wan fight and trade electronic blows come to NL. If you want to hate any tribe come to nairaland. I have been on nairaland since 2005 with my first account and is still active till today but I don't regularly use it, then nairaland was a great place to learn, share ideas and make friends and I can still remember that I met my best friend on nairaland those days, but now its a war zone.
Re: A Review Of Nairaland. Share Yours by ijigbamigb(m): 7:17pm On Apr 16, 2012
bought my first car on NL, second on NL, third on NL... learn't alot. I have learn't how criticize constructively and not just on line but in the real sense. Also, my analytical skills has improved drastically (Reuben Abati can try me)...Oh l love NL....

(1) (2) (Reply)

Who Is Professor Pella? / Happy Birth Anniversary, Naptu2! :D / A Christian Lady Being Killed By Muslims In Syria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.