Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,575 members, 7,816,415 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:52 AM

Delta Govt Votes ₦7.4bn To Demolish Hills Around Airport In 10 Days - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Delta Govt Votes ₦7.4bn To Demolish Hills Around Airport In 10 Days (7126 Views)

Lagos To Demolish 800 Houses For 4th Mainland Bridge / Fed Govt Votes N47.5b For Promotion, Salary Arrears / Troops Demolish Boko Haram Guard Post In Sambisa, Kill Insurgents [PHO (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Delta Govt Votes ₦7.4bn To Demolish Hills Around Airport In 10 Days by mygsmnairacom(m): 3:16pm On Apr 11, 2012
If the checks and balances in our system were working correctly, such decisions would have gone through a process which would validate the need for this project, or reject the project totally. Unfortunately, these checks and balances are weak all over the Country; we really can't take an informed position cause we are not experts.
Re: Delta Govt Votes ₦7.4bn To Demolish Hills Around Airport In 10 Days by Demdem(m): 3:22pm On Apr 11, 2012
Rhino.5dm:
My brother, hope you are doing great?

Work load and pressure of organizing a presentation for a bid has engulfed me, expect my mail. Keep the good work up.

Thanks

i dey kampe. pls take your time and continue to do good.
Re: Delta Govt Votes ₦7.4bn To Demolish Hills Around Airport In 10 Days by Nobody: 3:52pm On Apr 11, 2012
UYCO: @Omen100
Don't allow your tribalistic hatred for an Itsekiri governor blind you from seeing any thing good in Uduaghan. You will be a blind person not to notice the massive projects going on in all parts of delta state.Drive round Asaba and see for yourself. Check out Ode-Itsekiri bridge, check out the Oleri tourist center, check out the delta ict center, check the Ugheli-Asaba road dualization, check out the Warri-Orereokpe-Eku road dualization, check Alegbor street light and drainage project,Sapele stadium,check the IPP, -----to infinity.Warri is a unique place to waferians. Waferians prefer Warri to Abuja, the way muslims prefer Afghanistan and Saudi Arabia to America
You are a very stu. pid person. What an as---s you have transformed into. Coming here to try deceive people, If I wasn't presently in sapele would have swallowed your story. You even went as far as saying Uduaghan built the NIPP project here. God save you from self destruction.
Re: Delta Govt Votes ₦7.4bn To Demolish Hills Around Airport In 10 Days by emsquare(m): 3:57pm On Apr 11, 2012
sheyguy: Progressive and vibrant Delta state indeed.

Hmmmm!!!
Re: Delta Govt Votes ₦7.4bn To Demolish Hills Around Airport In 10 Days by feelamong(m): 4:11pm On Apr 11, 2012
CHAIIIIIII!!!!!!! THIS ONE PASS ME TO TALK.....WALKS AWAY!!
Re: Delta Govt Votes ₦7.4bn To Demolish Hills Around Airport In 10 Days by bakila: 4:11pm On Apr 11, 2012
blacksta: Also the first madien flight to the asaba airport was a large size arik plane - which i believe is larger than the president's jet. Why they need to suddenly clear hills in 10 days now baffles the hell out of me. Anyway nothing is strange in Nigeria, the people dont care , which gives the government rights to do whatever they like.

We are busy fighting along sectional lines
Re: Delta Govt Votes ₦7.4bn To Demolish Hills Around Airport In 10 Days by 13volts(m): 4:25pm On Apr 11, 2012
2morow they will say is the north that is the cause of anything wrong wit Nigeria. pathetic people

1 Like

Re: Delta Govt Votes ₦7.4bn To Demolish Hills Around Airport In 10 Days by tit(f): 4:27pm On Apr 11, 2012
I am an Ibori sympathiser (i know, i know)
but...
7billion naira for earth movement in nigeria of all places, with poverty and unemployment is plain madness!!!
which one is Ode-Itshekiri bridge again? is that not one of the bridges Ibori was building ten years ago??
Re: Delta Govt Votes ₦7.4bn To Demolish Hills Around Airport In 10 Days by Johndoe100(m): 4:39pm On Apr 11, 2012
ndu_chucks: Where is the source of this news?

This kind of waste

What waste? A state government duly elected, is expanding the capability of the state airport and some cattle violator is talking about waste. Do you want that state to be like Borno?
Re: Delta Govt Votes ₦7.4bn To Demolish Hills Around Airport In 10 Days by xterra2(m): 4:46pm On Apr 11, 2012
13volts: 2morow they will say is the north that is the cause of anything wrong wit Nigeria. pathetic people

True true
What is annoying is that in the pictures gar3th posted they were no hills, see stealing abeg

Our leaders are our enemy not the north or the south
Re: Delta Govt Votes ₦7.4bn To Demolish Hills Around Airport In 10 Days by dayokanu(m): 4:50pm On Apr 11, 2012
I am sure P square had Uduaghan in mind when they sang their song Chop my money

The same Delta state that Poverty has driven all the youths to kidnapping is now levelling hills with 7Billion

Uduaghan you must to chop our money, chop our money, We dont care, we get am plenty
Re: Delta Govt Votes ₦7.4bn To Demolish Hills Around Airport In 10 Days by Odutodaiwa: 5:09pm On Apr 11, 2012
You won't see that bastard on an ass called Beaf here now. Oloshi Ponbele. On issues bothering on SW the guy is always crying more than the bereaved. His household is on fire he doesn't mind. Delta state is one disaster that happened to Nigeria.

As for me. If the people of Delta state do not see anything wrong in the short man devil they have as Governor, then it's non of my business. If he likes he should sell the state to the Devil.

One political saying that I find very appropriate for Nigeria is that People deserve the kind of government they get.
Re: Delta Govt Votes ₦7.4bn To Demolish Hills Around Airport In 10 Days by Omen100(m): 5:15pm On Apr 11, 2012
blink182: You are a very stu. pid person. What an as---s you have transformed into. Coming here to try deceive people, If I wasn't presently in sapele would have swallowed your story. You even went as far as saying Uduaghan built the NIPP project here. God save you from self destruction.

he doesn't know that he will be fooling himself the more to made mention of sapele as a case study, unlike myself, I just returned from sapele some few days back, my good people of nairaland aka nairalanders. In today's delta state, swines are the once running the affairs of the state, all through my stay, i was not allow to stay outdoor beyond 7:30pm in that the sapele the useless common criminal called UYCO was using to site an example, there is fear in the heart of the people, not warri nor asaba nor umunede nor koko that there is no fear in the mind of the people, so please uyco, do yourself a favor, by shutting up that your smelling mouth "SWINE" like you.
Re: Delta Govt Votes ₦7.4bn To Demolish Hills Around Airport In 10 Days by edoyad(m): 5:26pm On Apr 11, 2012
Johndoe100:

What waste? A state government duly elected, is expanding the capability of the state airport and some cattle violator is talking about waste. Do you want that state to be like Borno?

And you are an incorrigible M0R0N of magnanimous proportions. If a Cattle Violator can see there is something wrong with this contract and you cant, that makes you worse than the sticky goo that oozes out of the Cattle's Posterior cavity after she is violated. Blind and Hopeless Human Being
Re: Delta Govt Votes ₦7.4bn To Demolish Hills Around Airport In 10 Days by Kabai: 5:39pm On Apr 11, 2012
We have just ten days to put the airport in proper shape because that is one of the conditions given by Nigerian Airspace Management Agency, NAMA, for bigger aircraft to land.

This is absolutely, another fraud. Please, EFCC should investigate this one ASAP! Do they mean there was no Arial survey and adequate positioning of the airport? Are they telling me they located their airport in-between mountains? This is really laughable. And why three construction companies? This is really funny.
Re: Delta Govt Votes ₦7.4bn To Demolish Hills Around Airport In 10 Days by GboyegaD(m): 6:22pm On Apr 11, 2012
Na wah oooo. This kind of massive and wasteful spending everywhere without being challenged yet, some people tell me Nigeria is getting better.
I fear una but I no go run I swear.
Re: Delta Govt Votes ₦7.4bn To Demolish Hills Around Airport In 10 Days by Htown64(m): 6:26pm On Apr 11, 2012
lexus1: Please Identify what the governor has not done in warri that should be done. Uduaghan is doing well and Delta State is working, to God be the glory.[img]http://www.spgames.info/g.gif[/img] grin
These projects are all ongoing with no completion date and still funds are voted for them each calender year. And mind you the ode-itsekiri bridge was started by thief james ibori.... So much for a working state that is not able to complete a small roundabout at airport and ekpan junction.
Re: Delta Govt Votes ₦7.4bn To Demolish Hills Around Airport In 10 Days by bigsean(m): 6:59pm On Apr 11, 2012
AJpikin: No be the governor be the problem na warri people and infact delta state people na dem sharp pass others(original), others na mugu.
Foolish Leader of a foolish group! so backward.
How has ur comment enlightened anyone reading thru this thread. You Sir, are myopic and i'm sure u feel "privileged" having a sign-on participation on nairaland, so u can spew ur ignorance . . . u are just dull , Talk is Cheap!

kokoA: How much is a new airport please?
Great question! it also makes one wonder the pre-planning work that was done to chose an airport location that will require N7b to make it conducive to land planes. (I don't how we Nigerians think.)

doctokwus: All this lamentation we do against d open corruption all over does not evn seem to b making any impact.In other climes,social media are fulcrums 4change,but evn wt facebook,nl,you tube& twitter combined,nobody evn seems bothered.Its indeed an upside down country& evrytin about it is nauseating
Best comment i have seen so far.
My brother, shame has since left our leaders, they can say crap on TV and their mouth no go shake. i was still in nig when Adedibu [/b]was asking the then Gov of Oyo state to give him part of gov [b]security allocation "live on TV" NO SHAME!!! shocked

UYCO:

Hey, Warri is not a hell hole, Warri is an oil city that is better than Abuja in the eyes of Waferians. You are not from Warri that is why you cannot appreciate the city. Please Identify what the governor has not done in warri that should be done. Uduaghan is doing well and Delta State is working, to God be the glory.
Get Real!!!
Don't be a sycophant
Re: Delta Govt Votes ₦7.4bn To Demolish Hills Around Airport In 10 Days by yinchar(m): 7:09pm On Apr 11, 2012
Odu-toda-iwa:
You won't see that bastard on an ass called Beaf here now. Oloshi Ponbele. On issues bothering on SW the guy is always crying more than the bereaved. His household is on fire he doesn't mind. Delta state is one disaster that happened to Nigeria.

As for me. If the people of Delta state do not see anything wrong in the short man devil they have as Governor, then it's non of my business. If he likes he should sell the state to the Devil.

One political saying that I find very appropriate for Nigeria is that People deserve the kind of government they get.
GBAM!!!

In one word.....PeeeeeeDDDDDeeeeePEEEEEE........Can you just imagine 7.4bn in 10days, when there is many other things to use the money for such as infrastructures, how many people in Delta state are using the airport, what is the benefit of spending such a huge amount o money on the people at large, who many % of people will benefit from this.....PDP!!!
grin grin grin
Re: Delta Govt Votes ₦7.4bn To Demolish Hills Around Airport In 10 Days by bigsean(m): 7:21pm On Apr 11, 2012
13volts: 2morow they will say is the north that is the cause of anything wrong wit Nigeria. pathetic people
Wrong Premise my friend, wrong argument!!!

xterra2:

True true
What is annoying is that in the pictures gar3th posted they were no hills, see stealing abeg

Our leaders are our enemy not the north or the south
Yes bro, your quote is a more complete statement (compared to @13volts). The leaders are a big chunk of the problem, we need true visionaries that really have the success of the country at heart and not as a business venture!
Re: Delta Govt Votes ₦7.4bn To Demolish Hills Around Airport In 10 Days by ITbomb(m): 7:51pm On Apr 11, 2012
7 billion can provide portable water to 10,000 homes in 30 days. My country?
Re: Delta Govt Votes ₦7.4bn To Demolish Hills Around Airport In 10 Days by Richardid: 8:36pm On Apr 11, 2012
Some humans are syciophantic in nature how can some people say Uduaghan is working. I wonder what is in warri they r praising, warri and Asaba r glorified villages. I was born and breed in warri. Uduaghan is sadist and a clown at the same time.
Re: Delta Govt Votes ₦7.4bn To Demolish Hills Around Airport In 10 Days by ucnduka(f): 8:59pm On Apr 11, 2012
To those saying that uduaghan has done well,may God forgive you. Even the nursery school children know that Delta state is being despoil.d by the govt led by uduaghan and this 7.4bill for clearing non-existent hills is another clear indication.I went past that airport on sunday and I can tell clearly that there are no hills worth that sum of money. It is rather unfourtunate that despite the broad day light robbery going on in the state,Deltans have chosen to sleep on...and as a young Deltan,I weep everyday for my beloved state.
Re: Delta Govt Votes ₦7.4bn To Demolish Hills Around Airport In 10 Days by emiye(m): 9:23pm On Apr 11, 2012
How true can this be N7.4 billion, what kind of feasibility studies was done before siting the airport there in the first place. Who were those involved in the project prep. and appraisal??
Re: Delta Govt Votes ₦7.4bn To Demolish Hills Around Airport In 10 Days by Guardian(m): 9:36pm On Apr 11, 2012
[size=14pt]SAD ANOTHER MEANS TO LOOT DELTA STATE TREASURY !!![/size]

If really this Airport was planned what did they plan it for ? Who gave the approval for an Airstrip to accomodate a Jumbo Jet ?
Re: Delta Govt Votes ₦7.4bn To Demolish Hills Around Airport In 10 Days by UYCO: 9:46pm On Apr 11, 2012
Let us be logical in our reasoning. It is unfair to castigate a performing governor in this manner without any element of fact in your accusation.You have not seen the BOQ of the project, you don't know the extent of the project, the journalist is not an engineer to understand the scope of the project. The leveling is an aspect of the job and it may not be completed within 10 days but a substantial part may have been completed especially those within the direction of flight of Mr President and top dignitaries. The project is a combination of so many aspect of the airport put together including expansion.There is no way one can observe the elevation through the photograph except you are there physically.
I asked you to identify what Uduaghan is suppose to do in Warri that he has not done, none of you has been able to point out those things but you keep ranting and insulting me illogically.
For the guy who talked about Sapele,Sapele is our head quarter, I know Sapele better than you. Have you been to Abigborodo- Ugbekoko road project site? Is the Sapele main market not almost completed?, Is the newly installed street light not working? Is the Sapele stadium project not ongoing? Have you been to new ogorode road recently? have you seen all the newly completed roads in Ogun aja? The above shows that you are a visitor to Sapele. What has the war between Vikings and got to do with Uduaghan? is he the cause of the war? He has provided security for the town, what else do you want him to do? We are not complaining, don't cry more than the bereaved
Re: Delta Govt Votes ₦7.4bn To Demolish Hills Around Airport In 10 Days by UYCO: 9:46pm On Apr 11, 2012
Let us be logical in our reasoning. It is unfair to castigate a performing governor in this manner without any element of fact in your accusation.You have not seen the BOQ of the project, you don't know the extent of the project, the journalist is not an engineer to understand the scope of the project. The leveling is an aspect of the job and it may not be completed within 10 days but a substantial part may have been completed especially those within the direction of flight of Mr President and top dignitaries. The project is a combination of so many aspect of the airport put together including expansion.There is no way one can observe the elevation through the photograph except you are there physically.
I asked you to identify what Uduaghan is suppose to do in Warri that he has not done, none of you has been able to point out those things but you keep ranting and insulting me illogically.
For the guy who talked about Sapele,Sapele is our head quarter, I know Sapele better than you. Have you been to Abigborodo- Ugbekoko road project site? Is the Sapele main market not almost completed?, Is the newly installed street light not working? Is the Sapele stadium project not ongoing? Have you been to new ogorode road recently? have you seen all the newly completed roads in Ogun aja? The above shows that you are a visitor to Sapele. What has the war between Vikings and got to do with Uduaghan? is he the cause of the war? He has provided security for the town, what else do you want him to do? We are not complaining, don't cry more than the bereaved
Re: Delta Govt Votes ₦7.4bn To Demolish Hills Around Airport In 10 Days by UYCO: 9:48pm On Apr 11, 2012
Re: Delta Govt Votes ₦7.4bn To Demolish Hills Around Airport In 10 Days by tit(f): 10:05pm On Apr 11, 2012
UYCO, are there streetlights in every street in sapele?
how many billions did it cost uduaghan to install street lights on one street?
what will power the streetlights? solar? do you know a kw of electricity from solar costs twice as much as the equivalent from gas?
if the gov has a brain on his shoulders, it is easy for him to find something that will get a much better return on investment for delat state than to spend 7billion naira improving an airport now.
Re: Delta Govt Votes ₦7.4bn To Demolish Hills Around Airport In 10 Days by Blofeld(m): 10:27pm On Apr 11, 2012
Someone once said that the Asaba airport project was initiated to serve as a drain pipe to embezzle the state's treasury. What could be more true than this? 7.4 billion naira can build some factories around the state and take many of the idle vibrant youths off the streets. How long are we going to continue like this?
Re: Delta Govt Votes ₦7.4bn To Demolish Hills Around Airport In 10 Days by Blofeld(m): 10:29pm On Apr 11, 2012
tit: UYCO, are there streetlights in every street in sapele?
how many billions did it cost uduaghan to install street lights on one street?
what will power the streetlights? solar? do you know a kw of electricity from solar costs twice as much as the equivalent from gas?
if the gov has a brain on his shoulders, it is easy for him to find something that will get a much better return on investment for delat state than to spend 7billion naira improving an airport now.

Ask me my brother!
Re: Delta Govt Votes ₦7.4bn To Demolish Hills Around Airport In 10 Days by swipe(m): 11:17pm On Apr 11, 2012
Omen100
Don't allow your tribalistic hatred for an Itsekiri governor blind you from seeing any thing good in Uduaghan. You will be a blind person not to notice the massive projects going on in all parts of delta state.Drive round Asaba and see for yourself. Check out Ode-Itsekiri bridge, check out the Oleri tourist center, check out the delta ict center, check the Ugheli-Asaba road dualization, check out the Warri-Orereokpe-Eku road dualization, check Alegbor street light and drainage project,Sapele stadium,check the IPP, -----to infinity.Warri is a unique place to waferians. Waferians prefer Warri to Abuja, the way muslims prefer Afghanistan and Saudi Arabia to America

What is this man talking about. remember u are not the only one from Warri. Those project u just mentioned are in sorrowful states. please shut up and enjoy ur share of the loot, while awaiting ur judgement day. how some people come out in public and talk foolishly baffles me. IN THE PRAISE OF FOLLY. SMH

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Niger Delta Ex-militants Riot in Bayelsa / Okupe Didnt Label Buhari As Boko-haram Sponsor / See The Dead Body Of Notorious Militant, Don Waney Killed By Soldiers (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.