Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,057 members, 7,841,993 topics. Date: Monday, 27 May 2024 at 06:28 PM

Who Can Help Me Out With Why Jehovah Witness Are Against Praying - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Who Can Help Me Out With Why Jehovah Witness Are Against Praying (1121 Views)

Answering Atheist.-why Jehovah Created Man / Jehovah's Witness Dies After Rejecting Blood Transfusion / The Reason Why Jehovah Witnesses Call God JEHOVAH (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who Can Help Me Out With Why Jehovah Witness Are Against Praying by Nobody: 4:13pm On Nov 05, 2007
som folks from this fold can to preach to me over the weeked i asked that we pray and all heel was let loose.
Re: Who Can Help Me Out With Why Jehovah Witness Are Against Praying by IDINRETE: 4:30pm On Nov 05, 2007
What?
Re: Who Can Help Me Out With Why Jehovah Witness Are Against Praying by pilgrim1(f): 6:40pm On Nov 05, 2007
Re: Why Jehovah Witness Are Against Praying?

They are not against praying. It is a matter of religious policy that they discourage praying with non-JW. smiley
Re: Who Can Help Me Out With Why Jehovah Witness Are Against Praying by Oby1(f): 9:52am On Nov 06, 2007
I want to know is it right?
Re: Who Can Help Me Out With Why Jehovah Witness Are Against Praying by pilgrim1(f): 11:48am On Nov 06, 2007
Anyhow we look at it, perhaps they are 'wrong' in the interpretation of many people; but they might have their reasons for not encouraging it in public with non-JW. Foremost on the list of concerns are that:

[list][li]they revere God's Name and would not want to wrongfully use it in public[/li][/list]

[list][li]they do not believe that God hears the prayers of non-JWs - since to the JW, all other denominations are the products of the "enemy"[/li][/list]

There are more; but these two are the main concerns for a JW discouraging prayers with non-JWs. undecided
Re: Who Can Help Me Out With Why Jehovah Witness Are Against Praying by Backslider(m): 11:01pm On Nov 06, 2007
JWs

I have engaged them in numerous Arguement i think by now they would have known that now there is no way to making me JW.

They brought their senior man and I showed them where Jesus is THE ALMIGHTY GOD IN THEIR OWN BIBLE. I GUESS THEY FORGOT TO TAKE IT OUT FROM THEIR OWN BIBLE.

Those people are under another spirit and gospel.

If you are not strong enough in Scripture please please flee from them and if you are strong dont make them your bible study companion everyday
Re: Who Can Help Me Out With Why Jehovah Witness Are Against Praying by Janosky: 8:41pm On Jan 20, 2023
Backslider:
JWs

I have engaged them in numerous Arguement i think by now they would have known that now there is no way to making me JW.

They brought their senior man and I showed them where Jesus is THE ALMIGHTY GOD IN THEIR OWN BIBLE. I GUESS THEY FORGOT TO TAKE IT OUT FROM THEIR OWN BIBLE.

Those people are under another spirit and gospel.

If you are not strong enough in Scripture please please flee from them and if you are strong dont make them your bible study companion everyday

3 deities worshipper deceiving himself, is Acts 3:13, 1 Corinthians 3:23, John 20:17 & Revelation 3:12 missing in your Bible?
Re: Who Can Help Me Out With Why Jehovah Witness Are Against Praying by Janosky: 8:48pm On Jan 20, 2023
pilgrim1:
Re: Why Jehovah Witness Are Against Praying?

They are not against praying. It is a matter of religious policy that they discourage praying with non-JW. smiley

Matthew chapter 5,Did Jesus Christ start his sermon with prayer?

That's one principle JWs practice.

Another principle, Ephesians 3:14-21, how many times did Paul say "Amen"?

JWs are not interested in proving we are "prayer warriors".
Re: Who Can Help Me Out With Why Jehovah Witness Are Against Praying by johnw47: 10:47pm On Jan 20, 2023
Janosky:

3 deities worshipper

lost fraud jw janosky, quote where Christians say the Father, Jesus and the Holy Spirit
are 3 god's
it's you who is forever loving to lie and blaspheme the Christian Father and Son and Holy Spirit
of the Bible calling them 3 god's
you have also called them: "the 3 dogheads", and you have called the Christians Holy Spirit of the Bible: "the ole demon ghost":

Mar 3:29 but whoever blasphemes against the Holy Spirit never has forgiveness, but is guilty of an eternal sin

Joh 8:44 You are of your father the devil, and you want to do the desires of your father. He was a murderer from the beginning, and does not stand in the truth because there is no truth in him. Whenever he speaks a lie, that is his natural way of speaking, for he is a liar and the father of lies.

1 Like

Re: Who Can Help Me Out With Why Jehovah Witness Are Against Praying by MaxInDHouse(m): 4:09am On Jan 21, 2023
Because it's a sin!
Re: Who Can Help Me Out With Why Jehovah Witness Are Against Praying by Antiochus(m): 8:28am On Jan 21, 2023
MaxInDHouse:
Because it's a sin!

You mean prayer is a sin? So you people don't pray right?

1 Like

Re: Who Can Help Me Out With Why Jehovah Witness Are Against Praying by MaxInDHouse(m): 1:58pm On Jan 21, 2023
Antiochus:

You mean prayer is a sin? So you people don't pray right?

Your prayers to your own God may not have a rule guiding it but to JW it's a sin to pray with a nonejw most especially those who have refused to agree on terms with us! smiley
Re: Who Can Help Me Out With Why Jehovah Witness Are Against Praying by Aemmyjah(m): 2:40pm On Jan 21, 2023
pilgrim1:
Anyhow we look at it, perhaps they are 'wrong' in the interpretation of many people; but they might have their reasons for not encouraging it in public with non-JW. Foremost on the list of concerns are that:

[list][li]they revere God's Name and would not want to wrongfully use it in public[/li][/list]

[list][li]they do not believe that God hears the prayers of non-JWs - since to the JW, all other denominations are the products of the "enemy"[/li][/list]

There are more; but these two are the main concerns for a JW discouraging prayers with non-JWs. undecided

We don't believe that God does not hear the prayers of non JW. Liar
Re: Who Can Help Me Out With Why Jehovah Witness Are Against Praying by Aemmyjah(m): 2:47pm On Jan 21, 2023
Praying is not a sin
Before we go out preaching, we organise ourselves, read a scripture, choose a territory to preach and we pray before pairing ourselves

Now, prayers are not selfish or to impress. Prayer is respectful speech to our God and we have already asked him to guide us to those we would preach to. There's no where in the bible that Jesus Christ and his disciples prayed before preaching to each home. Does it even make any sense? I pray to you and preach, next door I pray then preach?
Imagine the idea of Witnesses praying on someone's door

We actually pray sha, infact, na JW sabi pray pass and see what God is helping us to accomplish. Churchgoer wey de nack head for ground will never accomplish half of what we are doing. Without God's help, we for long perish
Re: Who Can Help Me Out With Why Jehovah Witness Are Against Praying by MaxInDHouse(m): 3:16pm On Jan 21, 2023
Prayer is the supplications man makes to his God but since there are many Gods {1Cor 8:5} the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob specified the way His worshipers should approach Him.

So if someone.doesn't know He will not take an offence Psalms 103:12-14 but when you've been told then it becomes a sin.

When the Jews in Jeremiah's day ignored God's word God told Jeremiah not to pray in behalf of the people towards Him {Jeremiah 11:14} He inspired Solomon to warn us that praying with or for someone who will not listen to divine instructions is detestable to Him {Proverbs 28:9} that's why Jesus won't pray with anyone who refuses to abide by what God instructed him to teach! John 17:8-9

As Jesus' disciples we must follow his footsteps closely {1Peter 1:21} Jesus is the one and only role model God presented to us {Matthew 17:5} anyone claiming Christian but ignoring Jesus' way of handling sacred matters is commiting a grievous sin! John 3:16-18 smiley
Re: Who Can Help Me Out With Why Jehovah Witness Are Against Praying by ABIODUN105(m): 3:48pm On Jan 21, 2023
MaxInDHouse:
Prayer is the supplications man makes to his God but since there are many Gods {1Cor 8:5} the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob specified the way His worshipers should approach Him.

So if someone.doesn't know He will not take an offence Psalms 103:12-14 but when you've been told then it becomes a sin.

When the Jews in Jeremiah's day ignored God's word God told Jeremiah not to pray in behalf of the people towards Him {Jeremiah 11:14} He inspired Solomon to warn us that praying with or for someone who will not listen to divine instructions is detestable to Him {Proverbs 28:9} that's why Jesus won't pray with anyone who refuses to abide by what God instructed him to teach! John 17:8-9

As Jesus' disciples we must follow his footsteps closely {1Peter 1:21} Jesus is the one and only role model God presented to us {Matthew 17:5} anyone claiming Christian but ignoring Jesus
why is Fasting removed from JW doctrine?
Re: Who Can Help Me Out With Why Jehovah Witness Are Against Praying by MaxInDHouse(m): 6:14pm On Jan 21, 2023
Who told you JWs don't fast? smiley

ABIODUN105:
why is Fasting removed from JW doctrine?

(1) (Reply)

Mr Shari'a-(Senator Yerima) Marries a 13 Year Old Egyptian. These Muslims Self / Ancestral Cleansing Prayers, How Biblical? / Christ Victory Over Satan And His Kingdom

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.