Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,669 members, 7,823,890 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 05:31 PM

Man's Biggest Neccessary Evil In Corporate Fashion... - Fashion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Man's Biggest Neccessary Evil In Corporate Fashion... (10770 Views)

Poll: Do you like wearing ties

This poll has ended

Poll: Do you like wearing ties?

Yes: 40% (69 votes)
No: 59% (102 votes)
This poll has ended

Corporate And Chic Lookbook / 12 Evil Things You Do To Your Skin Everyday / What Is The Fashion Trend In Corporate Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Man's Biggest Neccessary Evil In Corporate Fashion... by Nobody: 9:55pm On Apr 11, 2012
The Tie...

I hate ties.
And they look terrible on anyone that isn't shaped like a stick.
I have one of the largest heads around, guaranteed. This goes for my neck, and especially my chest.
I look a heck of a lot better leaving my first 1 or 2 shirt buttons unbuttoned (or 3 depending on the occasion tongue ), exposing a bit of my chest and chain.
Throw a suit on that, and I just set-finish.

But then there is always that event or that meeting that requires you put on a freaking tie.
And then begins the suffocation, asphyxiation and, as a result, the subtle crankiness on my part that stretches right through the duration of me wearing that most-abhorred clothing accessory.

Who thought it right to impose this grave evil as a necessity upon corporate fashion for men?
Women are fortunate to have all sorts of more relaxed options, and certainly NO BLOODY TIES!! angry angry angry

7 Likes

Re: Man's Biggest Neccessary Evil In Corporate Fashion... by AmakaG29(f): 5:01am On Apr 13, 2012
Whoa, whoa, whoa, sir women have an array of uncomfortable death traps in fashion. From deadly stilettos, chaffing bra straps, to circulating cutting pantyhose... you may not do a comparison. Not to mention waxing, plucking, scraping dead skin, tying our hair in tight braids and weaves...No sir you may not go there! lipsrsealed

2 Likes

Re: Man's Biggest Neccessary Evil In Corporate Fashion... by Nobody: 4:16pm On May 03, 2012
^^ You guys do all that already either within the office or without so no beans tongue
Re: Man's Biggest Neccessary Evil In Corporate Fashion... by Nobody: 12:11am On May 18, 2012
Amaka G29:
Whoa, whoa, whoa, sir women have an array of uncomfortable death traps in fashion. From deadly stilettos, chaffing bra straps, to circulating cutting pantyhose... you may not do a comparison. Not to mention waxing, plucking, scraping dead skin, tying our hair in tight braids and weaves...No sir you may not go there! lipsrsealed

And is that you in the blue native?
Let our exchange not end without me saying you look absolutely glorious.
Re: Man's Biggest Neccessary Evil In Corporate Fashion... by manny4life(m): 4:51pm On May 22, 2012
I like wearing ties, perhaps, @OP, the ties you wear is not the problem, but what and how you wear it. Like me , I have to make the knot fat and nice to give me space. Besides, what gives you suffocation is majorly the fact that the shirts you wear with ties (the neck) doesn't have enough allowance so adding a ties make it worse. It could also mean what types of collar shirts are you wearing, if you're putting on the narrow collar joint, that will also cause the suffocation you're complaining about, rather than the wide spread.

1 Like

Re: Man's Biggest Neccessary Evil In Corporate Fashion... by DualCore1: 4:52pm On May 22, 2012
Slim ties and body-fitted suits.
Works well for my 6'4"* frame.

Only problem is: I always have to say no to the "are you a banker" questions. angry

What I can't do is put on a short fat tie. . . that's so village'eous.

*could be 6'3" some times

1 Like

Re: Man's Biggest Neccessary Evil In Corporate Fashion... by DeGenius3(m): 4:59pm On May 22, 2012
every guy has his way of dressing in style.
Re: Man's Biggest Neccessary Evil In Corporate Fashion... by Nobody: 5:01pm On May 22, 2012
No i dont like it
Re: Man's Biggest Neccessary Evil In Corporate Fashion... by SpiritofOkija(m): 5:03pm On May 22, 2012
I hate ties!!

I feel like a goat in one!!

And after I saw a gy get beat-up by another dude who simply grabed his tie and puched him till he blacked out, I decided I will never wear a tie ever...

2 Likes

Re: Man's Biggest Neccessary Evil In Corporate Fashion... by sholay2011(m): 5:07pm On May 22, 2012
I no lyk am jare...i prefer native wears anyday...make me luk more mature...who wants to strangle himself thruout a stressful day?? My heart goes to male bankers...
Re: Man's Biggest Neccessary Evil In Corporate Fashion... by Korrection(m): 5:09pm On May 22, 2012
YOU WAN CHOKE ME?

1 Like

Re: Man's Biggest Neccessary Evil In Corporate Fashion... by Johnnny(m): 5:10pm On May 22, 2012
@ Poster I thought I was the only one.

I don't like ties and I am not ashamed to say it. I don't even know why we cannot change this fashion nonsense.

I have been scolded, queried and threatened with memo on this issue.

1 Like

Re: Man's Biggest Neccessary Evil In Corporate Fashion... by Nobody: 5:12pm On May 22, 2012
Why do you guys hate ties naaa?
I like the way a guy wearing a tie looks. You know, professional and serious and corporate and everything. . .

1 Like

Re: Man's Biggest Neccessary Evil In Corporate Fashion... by ZUBY77(m): 5:22pm On May 22, 2012
Yes, i like wearing ties especially with Agbada and baba riga.
Re: Man's Biggest Neccessary Evil In Corporate Fashion... by ismhab(m): 5:23pm On May 22, 2012
I AM NOT A GOAT THAT U HAVE TO TIED MY NECK.
Re: Man's Biggest Neccessary Evil In Corporate Fashion... by OdiliChukwudi(m): 5:23pm On May 22, 2012
Don't have a choice but to like it. But seriously, it feels cool wen u put on one.

1 Like

Re: Man's Biggest Neccessary Evil In Corporate Fashion... by laykhorn(m): 5:27pm On May 22, 2012
Occasionally!!! Bt I hate them officially
Re: Man's Biggest Neccessary Evil In Corporate Fashion... by laykhorn(m): 5:29pm On May 22, 2012
ZUBY77: Yes, i like wearing ties especially with Agbada and baba riga.
hahahaha! I fear 0oo0oo...
Re: Man's Biggest Neccessary Evil In Corporate Fashion... by Orikinla(m): 5:29pm On May 22, 2012
When the corporate work demands it.

1 Like

Re: Man's Biggest Neccessary Evil In Corporate Fashion... by Bawss1(m): 5:33pm On May 22, 2012
I am not required to wear a tie because of work but whenever I get the chance to do so I jump at it. A tie adds a certain elegance to a man's appearance. However no self respecting man should be seen with a short tie: those things are an abomination.

1 Like

Re: Man's Biggest Neccessary Evil In Corporate Fashion... by kemiola89(f): 5:46pm On May 22, 2012
i hate them both short and long
Re: Man's Biggest Neccessary Evil In Corporate Fashion... by dayokanu(m): 5:50pm On May 22, 2012
I dont mind ties
Re: Man's Biggest Neccessary Evil In Corporate Fashion... by nyabingi(m): 5:59pm On May 22, 2012
tIES NO be for me, when i was working in the banking sector i dont like it but the job demanded it, immediately its clossing time i quickly nyank it off!!!
Re: Man's Biggest Neccessary Evil In Corporate Fashion... by Mbuko91(m): 6:03pm On May 22, 2012
ZUBY77: Yes, i like wearing ties especially with Agbada and baba riga.
lmao.....nice sarcasm man....lwtmb.....
Re: Man's Biggest Neccessary Evil In Corporate Fashion... by coogar: 6:03pm On May 22, 2012
dayokanu: I dont mind ties

you wear ties? i purposely chose to be an engineer
so i can avoid formal dressing. i hate ties with all
ma heart.
Re: Man's Biggest Neccessary Evil In Corporate Fashion... by habayommy: 6:05pm On May 22, 2012
Abegi I hate that rope called tie with passsssssioooooooon. If i kont tie, how pple go take see my 500carat gold chain..... ℓ☺ℓ
Re: Man's Biggest Neccessary Evil In Corporate Fashion... by dayokanu(m): 6:07pm On May 22, 2012
coogar:

you wear ties? i purposely chose to be an engineer
so i can avoid formal dressing. i hate ties with all
ma heart.

have you forgotten that even though I was an Engineer I worked largely as a financial consultant?'

When I first started going for interviews, I would tuck out my shirt and hide the ties in my pocket until its like 5 mins to the interview, Go to the bathroom and dress up.

One secret, I never learnt how to make a proper knot, I would have it knotted and just hand them somewhere and slip it on like a necklace every morning.

Now in the US, ties are not really compulsory like it was in Nigeria so I have taken a lil break from it
Re: Man's Biggest Neccessary Evil In Corporate Fashion... by tunnytox(m): 6:13pm On May 22, 2012
I like ties! With my slim and less muscular body putting on ties on a very nice and well ironed shirt makes me look more mature and better looking.

1 Like

Re: Man's Biggest Neccessary Evil In Corporate Fashion... by Fhemmmy: 6:15pm On May 22, 2012
For the right occasion, YES
Re: Man's Biggest Neccessary Evil In Corporate Fashion... by Mbuko91(m): 6:16pm On May 22, 2012
[i][/i][color=#770077][/color]
ties are not a faux pas for me jhooor...i just think wearing them everyday will have to take God's grace ooooo....

Whats so not in trend and isnt de riguer is wearing 'FAT' ties....my dad hates em fat too...

I fink it depends on the collar of ya shirt just lyk sm1 said,the style of dressing,the type of tie(slim or FAT)and maybe ur mindset....i believe that when u fink of ursef as a dog in chains,u'll certainly look lyk one to ppl...lol...

I dress corporately buh not always on ties...if u say u dnt lyk em ties,whah wud u say abou 'bow ties?' lamido will tell u its second to none....lol
Re: Man's Biggest Neccessary Evil In Corporate Fashion... by Nobody: 6:20pm On May 22, 2012
i am the bad dog i the dept - the only one who still does not wear ties even though its 'company policy'

man - i was in this meeting the other day, shirtsleeves rolled up, no tie, and every other person from the ceo down to my bosses and managers was in a tie - i swear i was just waiting for someone to have a go at me hat day. . .

i have been able to get away with it because of my erm super geek solution man thing - plus buying ties means i have to throw out all my shirts - i just can't seem to lose that weight i've put on sad sad angry angry

i suspect my tie dodging days may soon be over - there may be a shake up in the offing - or maybe it may just be my turn at the poisoned chalice
Re: Man's Biggest Neccessary Evil In Corporate Fashion... by Nobody: 6:23pm On May 22, 2012
Dual Core: Slim ties and body-fitted suits.
Works well for my 6'4"* frame.

Only problem is: I always have to say no to the "are you a banker" questions. angry

What I can't do is put on a short fat tie. . . that's so village'eous.

*could be 6'3" some times

fake geek

didn't they tell you a tie is a strangulation device which partially cuts off blood supply to the brain and this is what hackers see as an explanation for the bizarre behavior of suit wearers?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Google Talking Shoes Unveiled / Simplest Way To Grow Hair: Brows, Lashes, Beards, and Whiskers (Castor Oil) / Permanent Cure For Dandruff

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.