Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,191 members, 7,845,907 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 07:23 AM

T.A Orji Tells Opposition : My Achievements Will Speak For Me - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / T.A Orji Tells Opposition : My Achievements Will Speak For Me (1712 Views)

$2.1bn Arms Deal: I Will Speak Soon – Labaran Maku / My Successor May Not Consolidate On My Achievements – Jega / I Will Speak At The Appropriate Time - President Jonathan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

T.A Orji Tells Opposition : My Achievements Will Speak For Me by patrikobi: 5:27pm On Apr 13, 2012
My achievements will speak for me, Orji tells opposition
The Abia State government has called on the political opposition in the state to stop distracting the government and join forces to transform the state.

The mammoth crowd that turned-out to witness the commissioning of some completed projects by the Abia state governor, Chief Theodore Orji, last weekend, proved that the gimmicks by the political opponents to cause mayhem in Aba has hit the rocks after all. A few days to the commissioning date of the projects, news made the rounds in the state that the opposition was doing everything possible to stage a big protest march which would dovetail into a complete showdown with the state government and its leadership. To cap it all the All Progressives Grand Alliance(APGA) had gone to Press with advertorials alleging that the government has ailed the people
In his press briefing in Umuahia, the chief press secretary to the Governor, Mr. Ugochukwu Emezue described the advertorials as mere distractions to the ever busy Governor, pointing out that they were only trying to malign Governor T.A.Orji. According to Emezue, Abia state government has, so far, pumped-in more than N5billion to provide infrastructures in Aba alone. Most of these projects (completed or on-going) were started after the governor was sworn-in for his second tenure. Said he; APGA has been raising a lot of dust by falsely feeding the innocent public with the impression that Governor Orji was doing nothing in Abia state. He advised Abians to disregard such antics from that party. He called on the APGA governorship candidate in the last 2011 general elections, Ochiagha Reagan Ufomba, to retrace his steps and come back to PDP.As Emezue put it “the doors of Chief T.A.Orji are still open to receive Ufomba into the fold.”
As at the time of doing this report, virtually all the suspended aides, commissioners, transition committee chairmen and special aides to the governor had been invited by the State House of Assembly for re-screening and appointments. The transition committee chairman for Umunneochi local government council, Mr. Dan Okoli, was recommended for further investigations by a special committee of the House, for his activities while in office, just as Dr. Eze Chikamnayo( former Adviser on Information and public orientation) and Mr. Donatus okorie (former chief of staff to the governor in the Government House, Umuahia), respectively, have been appointed commissioners designate.
Incidentally, one hard fact about Aba is that it is a multi-ethnic city, with residents all engaged in one business/trade or the other. Aba is a no-man's land, next to Lagos and Abuja! Here, the non-indigenes far out-number the indigenes; so that no particular group can conveniently claim to be wholly responsible for what is in Aba. This is the peculiarity of Aba..
However, the completed projects that were commissioned in Aba, included Ukwu-mango/Faulks Road/Amaikonne, Danfodio/East road and the Old Express/Samek road (with a Traffic by-pass implication) as well as the pedestrian bridge at Abia Polytechnic, all in Aba. Of signifinance is the fact that the Ukwu-mango/faulks road gives easy access to-and-fro the Ariaria Internationl market. These particular roads had remained blocked and rendered impassable for decades until recently when help came their way. On the side of the pedestrian bridge located at the Abia State Polytechnics, Aba, the spot had previously, posed serious danger threats to students and staff of the institution as well as others who went there for one type of business or the other as they tried to cross the ever busy Aba/Owerri Road. Some had lost their lives, while a number of others received injuries or maimed for life as a result of the heavy traffic flow there. At the commissioning venues, residents, the neighborhood, traders and students rolled out their drums to give the governor and his entourage red carpet receptions, contrary to expectations and rumours that made the rounds earlier.
Spokesmen for the neighbourhood, including Mr. Henry Kanu and Mrs. Comfort Ukpai, all expressed gratitude to the state government for coming to their help after several years. In continuation of the commissioning spree in Umuahia, the following day, Orji commissioned other completed roads in -and -around the state capital, Umuahia.
Addressing Aba inhabitants later, Gov. Orji, described the inter-play between his government and Aba business community as “an interminable 'cat and mouse relationship' and the obstructive vibrancy of Enyimba city.” He made it clear to them that government will not yield to unguarded intimidations, or succumb to fabrications of half truths that endorse cheap popularities, elsewhere. The governor restated his commitment to leave some legacies behind as he leaves office in 2015, stressing that Aba remains his cardinal point of focus in his developmental strides.
In his words,” we will continue to do everything that it takes to ensure the development of this city, and its full restoration to the glory of all Abians and all men and women of goodwill. I am aware of the fact that Aba remains the foremost commercial, industrial and entertainment city of Abia state. It is also the melting pot for all Igbo races in their commercial and business adventurism, which, itself, raises new and urgent problems of governance seeking for solution.
To sustain these, Aba people are advised to cherish a healthy and clean city, as they develop their stores, markets, factories, all in an attempt to build great wealth for all. They should also owe it as an obligation to pay their taxes and levies willingly to enable government maintain the various infrastructure as well as support and co-operate with one another for the benefit of the Enyimba city. Governor Orji, did not go without making a firm promise to his people;” as we proceed on our chosen, but difficult route of developing Abia state, We promise to lay the desired foundation and break new frontiers in our infrastructures, roads, new landmarks; attain to needs of workers, pensioners, and create new jobs and empower our youths.” CURLED FROM thejuristlaws..co.uk

Re: T.A Orji Tells Opposition : My Achievements Will Speak For Me by PROUDIGBO(m): 6:01pm On Apr 13, 2012
Honestly, all these paid Abian PR hacks need to put a lid on all these bloody long-winded desertations on phantom achievements that exist only in the realms of drug-induced fantasy.

Too much grammar which hardly anyone reads. Let pics/videos of on-going and completed projects sell the Orji Administration and not all these annoying posts angry. I'm yet to see one completed project in Abia State that i'm pleased with and which can be considered to be world-class, unlike with Akwa Ibom, Enugu and Rivers. The few roads i've seen so far are a joke!!!
Re: T.A Orji Tells Opposition : My Achievements Will Speak For Me by manchy7531: 6:26pm On Apr 13, 2012
Re: T.A Orji Tells Opposition : My Achievements Will Speak For Me by ak47mann(m): 7:12pm On Apr 13, 2012
^^
skating is always my thing.....
Re: T.A Orji Tells Opposition : My Achievements Will Speak For Me by Afam4eva(m): 7:27pm On Apr 13, 2012
Abeg, tell that to the birds.
Re: T.A Orji Tells Opposition : My Achievements Will Speak For Me by qualified(f): 9:58pm On Apr 13, 2012
PROUD-IGBO:
Honestly, all these paid Abian PR hacks need to put a lid on all these bloody long-winded desertations on phantom achievements that exist only in the realms of drug-induced fantasy.

Too much grammar which hardly anyone reads. Let pics/videos of on-going and completed projects sell the Orji Administration and not all these annoying posts angry. I'm yet to see one completed project in Abia State that i'm pleased with and which can be considered to be world-class, unlike with Akwa Ibom, Enugu and Rivers. The few roads i've seen so far are a joke!!!

my brother, i tire for all these Thief After Orji sycophants on NL.

Where are these completed projects, hope these idiots are stil in 2012, abi they are already in d next decade?

Why is T. A. Orji d most advertized gov. On NL?

(1) (Reply)

Anambra 2013: How Nollywood Stars Stormed APGA Rally To Campaign For Obiano. / Things Are Getting Better In Ogun, Says Obasanjo / Breaking News!!! Akpabio Bribes PDP NWC Members with $300,000 each to sack Tukur

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.