Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,744 members, 7,817,056 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:38 AM

A Man And A Woman Can Never Be Equal - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / A Man And A Woman Can Never Be Equal (22862 Views)

What A Nigeria Woman Can Do, An Oyibo Woman Can Do Better, Caption This Photo / Read A Lady's Take On Woman Claiming Equal Rights With Men + Photo / What A Woman Can Do (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Man And A Woman Can Never Be Equal by taryour(f): 1:08pm On Apr 14, 2012
Impossible!! A Man & A Woman Can Never & Will Never Be Equal.

Many times, I have heard some women claiming equality with men. Its a sin and we cant reverse God words that A MAN IS THE HEAD OF A WOMAN. It is only an insane woman that will claim equality with her husband. No reason whatsoever makes us equal.

As mothers do we intend training our female children into believing they are equal to their brothers and the male they meet in life?

6 Likes

Re: A Man And A Woman Can Never Be Equal by Nobody: 1:17pm On Apr 14, 2012
Good work. I can see you are trying to start something here but let me tell you that it is not in your place to judge or say what's right or wrong. I have never been a feminist and will never be one but do I have them as friends? yes and if you hear their stories and the reason why they believe in feminism, you won't be here posting things like this to get the thumbs up or gold medal from men on this forum. They have their reasons, some of have been through a lot, so stop this.

4 Likes

Re: A Man And A Woman Can Never Be Equal by taryour(f): 1:24pm On Apr 14, 2012
jennykadry: Good work. I can see you are trying to start something here but let me tell you that it is not in your place to judge or say what's right or wrong. I have never been a feminist and will never be one but do I have them as friends? yes and if you hear their stories and the reason why they believe in feminism, you won't be here posting things like this to get the thumbs up or gold medal from men on this forum. They have their reasons, some of have been through a lot, so stop this.

very funny jenny. U n i av ad our diffrences n i dont intend aving any arguments with u,so even if u insult me is ok by me,i once called u feminist,yes i know. Getting a gold medal from who? Men on nairaland? Never!! I already got alot of gold medal from my hubby. U are entitiled to ur own opinons as i am to mine. We are both matured married women and i dont expect u n i to act less dan dat. Tnx

12 Likes

Re: A Man And A Woman Can Never Be Equal by KevinII(m): 1:28pm On Apr 14, 2012
Help me tell them o madam taryour. na the fault of confused half-brained feminism wey no get head
Re: A Man And A Woman Can Never Be Equal by Nobody: 1:30pm On Apr 14, 2012
I am not insulting you but telling you the truth so stop acting defensively already. I am doing the same thing you are doing on this thread, "judging you as you are judging others" and I don't know why you are defending yourself cos it's not necessary, really. I used to be like you, would argue from now till tomorrow that it was wrong, I still do not agree with it but who am I to tell them what to believe in and what not to? I have atheists, muslims as work colleagues, friends, do I believe in their religion? nope because I am a christian and at the same time they have a right to whatever belief they choose to believe in.

I have spoken to some of these women and asked them why they even believed in feminism and when they told me their emotional stories, it changed my mindset completely. It is okay for us to sit behind our computer and judge these people, but if we are not walking in their shoes, we really cannot understand where and why it hurts like hell.

6 Likes

Re: A Man And A Woman Can Never Be Equal by maclatunji: 1:51pm On Apr 14, 2012
Men and women are not equal, but there has to be equity. A woman will always have some men she is ahead of in many matters. So, it is not a one-size-fits-all thing. However, if you are talking about Husband and wife, the husband is definitely the leader.

3 Likes

Re: A Man And A Woman Can Never Be Equal by Nobody: 1:55pm On Apr 14, 2012
taryour:
female children into beleiving they are equal to their brothers and the male they meet in life?
I don't understand this part. So you mean you raised your female children into believing that they are inferior to their male siblings?

My brain is cooking here.

5 Likes

Re: A Man And A Woman Can Never Be Equal by vanitty: 2:09pm On Apr 14, 2012
YES. CAPITAL YES
I don't plan on raising insecure female children.
My female children are definitely equal if not better than any random male they meet during their life's journey.
Do you think female bosses think they are inferior (or whatever the opposite of equal) to their male subordinates
Just raise your kids to have respect for everyone not just their male counterpart. Please don't train those poor kids to think they can be stepped on by any man. A husband + wife relationship is totally different

11 Likes

Re: A Man And A Woman Can Never Be Equal by taryour(f): 2:15pm On Apr 14, 2012
rokiatu:
I don't understand this part. So you mean you raised your female children into believing that they are inferior to their male siblings?

My brain is cooking here.

pls dont get me wrong madam,am refering to women who believe they are equal to men,if they intend raising their female children as equal to thier brothers.
Re: A Man And A Woman Can Never Be Equal by Nobody: 2:18pm On Apr 14, 2012
LMAO, So in other words, women should be raised inferior grin grin

All I owe my daughters in life is to teach them how to respect everybody and husbands more. I am not raising no daughter of mine to feel inferior when she stands beside a man and take any form of abuse from men.

It is this una type of mentality that is making women stay in abusive relationships this days because they were brought up to think they cannot make it farther than men.

Tufiakwa. sad

7 Likes

Re: A Man And A Woman Can Never Be Equal by ronkebp(f): 2:21pm On Apr 14, 2012
taryour:

pls dont get me wrong madam,am refering to women who believe they are equal to men,if they intend raising their female children as equal to thier brothers.

I just want to know if the labour pain for the male children is different from the female, if the 9 months pregnancy normal months is different for both sexes If the female children came out through the armpits, and the male kids through the normal process?? And am asking only beacuse you said, your female kids are not equal to your male kids!!!

4 Likes

Re: A Man And A Woman Can Never Be Equal by taryour(f): 2:25pm On Apr 14, 2012
ronkebp:

I just want to know if the labour pain for the male children is different from the female, if the 9 months pregnancy normal months is different for both sexes If the female children came out through the armpits, and the male kids through the normal process?? And am asking only beacuse you said, your female kids are not equal to your male kids!!!

madam ronke. Every child birth is d same but male n female come with diffrent body parts which makes us unequal. Still women are called mothers of all nation and dat dosnt make us equal to men.
Re: A Man And A Woman Can Never Be Equal by Nobody: 2:26pm On Apr 14, 2012
vanitty: YES. CAPITAL YES
I don't plan on raising insecure female children.
My female children are definitely equal if not better than any random male they meet during their life's journey.
Do you think female bosses think they are inferior (or whatever the opposite of equal) to their male subordinates
Just raise your kids to have respect for everyone not just their male counterpart. Please don't train those poor kids to think they can be stepped on by any man. A husband + wife relationship is totally different

Any female daughter of mine is raised to believe that she is the best thing that can ever happen to a man, she is raised to believe she is beautiful, intelligent and can get to any height she wants to get to without anybody's help. I am raising them to believe in themselves, I want them to have a good self esteem and feel so good about themselves, are you kidding me? the way they are beginning to carry themselves sef, no way do they look like people that will be stepped on

But at the same time, they have to realize that respect comes first before anything, they have seen the way mummy talks to daddy, mummy does not just get things because she thinks she can afford it, mummy gets things because SHE IS IN AGREEMENT WITH DADDY TO GET THAT THING. Mummy refuses to buy what she likes sometimes because daddy is not in support of it and does not want it in his house. YES mummy has said "Baby please" not once and not twice to daddy to be on board with her if and when she wants something and daddy on the other hand has made it clear that he will not do anything without mummy supporting him, he will not make a major decision without mummy. Daddy has also shown them that some of today's success was as a result of mummy's opinion and advise.

Need I say more?

10 Likes

Re: A Man And A Woman Can Never Be Equal by maclatunji: 2:31pm On Apr 14, 2012
^What happens when daddy takes a decision that mummy does not support? Does mummy accept his leadership or does she decide to "show him" that she can retaliate?

3 Likes

Re: A Man And A Woman Can Never Be Equal by ifyalways(f): 2:31pm On Apr 14, 2012
Scouting for wives for my sons.Uju you berrra raise ada anyi nke oma.Adanma that would compliment my son,onye na ekwusi okwu ike,agbara nwanyi that wont be intimidated by any man hediot.

Same for you Odunnu else i'd dump y'all and go for Jennys daughters.Me and Jenny as MIL'S hahahahaaa,those our children go fear fear.
Re: A Man And A Woman Can Never Be Equal by Nobody: 2:39pm On Apr 14, 2012
maclatunji:
^What happens when daddy takes a decision that mummy does not support? Does mummy accept his leadership or does he decide to "show him" that she can retaliate?

Daddy has never taken such decisions without mummy agreeing to it, when daddy knows I do not want him to do something, he does not do it, but if he does, I am sure he will prepare himself to hear "You know I don't like this" for the next 5 months grin

Retaliate? how do you mean? make a decision without informing him? pleaseeee, time that i am supposed to be sh@gging you want me to spend it on retaliation? please I sh@g eachday like the trumpet is going to sound at anytime. The more I sh@g, the more my chances to heaven when I am very old and grey ( 120 yrs) grin grin

@Ify

Bia, kpachara anya gi oooo. I have told you that I can only give out boys not girls, oya go and kpekus and land us a nice looking girl with CL shoes and LV bag grin and emmmmmm but trust the girls to show your sons pepper. These ones that think they are the best thing that has ever happened to daddy since nice ofe olugbu (bitter leaf soup). Poster na cho umu nwoke ga si ya na ome la ofuma

Inferior ko, superior ni. Me raise my daughters to feel intimidated by a man? when their mother is a tiger outside the house? for where, tiger begat tiger naaa undecided
Re: A Man And A Woman Can Never Be Equal by MissyB3(f): 2:40pm On Apr 14, 2012
taryour: Many atimes av heard some women claiming equality with men. Its a sin and we cant reverse God words that A MAN IS D HEAD OF A WOMAN. it is only an insane woman dat will claim equality with her husband. No reason wotsoever makes us equal. As mothers do we intend training our female children into beleiving they are equal to their brothers and the male they meet in life?
You haven't been reading your Bible upside down, right hun? smiley
No where does the Bible state that the man is superior to the woman. If the man is the head, the woman is the neck, without which the head cannot function properly.
Re: A Man And A Woman Can Never Be Equal by ronkebp(f): 2:47pm On Apr 14, 2012
taryour:

madam ronke. Every child birth is d same but male n female come with diffrent body parts which makes us unequal. Still women are called mothers of all nation and dat dosnt make us equal to men.

I get where you are coming from, but trust me, to bring up a daughter to feel she is inferior to her brothers and men in general, any mother who does that in this life, would cry about it, later on in the same life.

Women are not equal to men in the terms of what GOD has said, and that is for the believing christians, muslims and that is the LAW!!!
Re: A Man And A Woman Can Never Be Equal by Geomac: 2:52pm On Apr 14, 2012
jennykadry:

Any female daughter of mine is raised to believe that she is the best thing that can ever happen to a man, she is raised to believe she is beautiful, intelligent and can get to any height she wants to get to without anybody's help. I am raising them to believe in themselves, I want them to have a good self esteem and feel so good about themselves, are you kidding me? the way they are beginning to carry themselves sef, no way do they look like people that will be stepped on

But at the same time, they have to realize that respect comes first before anything, they have seen the way mummy talks to daddy, mummy does not just get things because she thinks she can afford it, mummy gets things because SHE IS IN AGREEMENT WITH DADDY TO GET THAT THING. Mummy refuses to buy what she likes sometimes because daddy is not in support of it and does not want it in his house. YES mummy has said "Baby please" not once and not twice to daddy to be on board with her if and when she wants something and daddy on the other hand has made it clear that he will not do anything without mummy supporting him, he will not make a major decision without mummy. Daddy has also shown them that some of today's success was as a result of mummy's opinion and advise.

Need I say more?
God bless you

1 Like

Re: A Man And A Woman Can Never Be Equal by maclatunji: 2:54pm On Apr 14, 2012
ronkebp:

I get where you are coming from, but trust me, to bring up a daughter to feel she is inferior to her brothers and men in general, any mother who does that in this life, would cry about it, later on in the same life.

Women are not equal to men in the terms of what GOD has said, and that is for the believing christians, muslims and that is the LAW!!!

Let me be honest here. I have interacted with many very intelligent women, some for all intent and purposes are more intelligent than me. However, there is something about these women that makes them do somethings that you cannot help but say: "She did it because she is a woman".
Re: A Man And A Woman Can Never Be Equal by Nobody: 2:58pm On Apr 14, 2012
jennykadry:

Need I say more?
Amen.
Re: A Man And A Woman Can Never Be Equal by Nobody: 3:02pm On Apr 14, 2012
That stereotyping Mac. We are different genders and as such exhibit different traits. You people are conditioned to believe that women do things differently because they are the inferior ones. Truth is we all do things differently because we are wired differently.

I am very outspoken and love to deal with issues when they arise there and then, my husband on the other hand is a quiet and soft spoken one who only deals with issues when he feels like it and it could take weeks or days or months and yes it can be darn right annoying. I react to things differently, I could look at my colleague in the eye and tell him to f"k off whilst my hubby wouldn't really go that far if there is no need for it, If my boss offends me and comes to talk to me in my territory, I can easily walk him out of my office and talk to him at a later time whilst my husband is cool with clearing the air without walking anyone out.

We handle situations differently, but to say "She did this because she is a woman" can be downgrading. What do you expect? that she acts like a man and a man should act like a woman? come on this is testosterone and estrogen we are talking about here
Re: A Man And A Woman Can Never Be Equal by idelle: 3:13pm On Apr 14, 2012
jennykadry: I am not insulting you but telling you the truth so stop acting defensive already. I am doing the same thing you are doing on this thread, "judging you as you are judging others" and I don't know why you are defending yourself cos it's not necessary, really. I used to be like you, would argue from now till tomorrow that it was wrong, I still do not agree with it but who am I to tell them what to believe in and what not to? I have atheists, muslims as work colleagues, friends, do I believe in their religion? nope because I am a christian and at the same time they have a right to whatever belief they choose to believe in.

I have spoken to some of these women and asked them why they even believed in feminism and when they told me their emotional stories, it changed my mindset completely. It is okay for us to sit behind our computer and judge these people, but if we are not walking in their shoes, we really cannot understand where and why it hurts like hell.

Same feeling
Re: A Man And A Woman Can Never Be Equal by maclatunji: 3:40pm On Apr 14, 2012
jennykadry: That stereotyping Mac. We are different genders and as such exhibit different traits. You people are conditioned to believe that women do things differently because they are the inferior ones. Truth is we all do things differently because we are wired differently.

I am very outspoken and love to deal with issues when they arise there and then, my husband on the other hand is a quiet and soft spoken one who only deals with issues when he feels like it and it could take weeks or days or months and yes it can be darn right annoying. I react to things differently, I could look at my colleague in the eye and tell him to f"k off whilst my hubby wouldn't really go that far if there is no need for it, If my boss offends me and comes to talk to me in my territory, I can easily walk him out of my office and talk to him at a later time whilst my husband is cool with clearing the air without walking anyone out.

We handle situations differently, but to say "She did this because she is a woman" can be downgrading. What do you expect? that she acts like a man and a man should act like a woman? come on this is testosterone and estrogen we are talking about here

My point exactly, Estrogen is not equal to Testosterone. Woman is not equal to Man. I don't say she is inferior but I say she is subjected to him. Anyways, I have good news for you, Man would be miserable without Woman so she can hold on to that. grin
Re: A Man And A Woman Can Never Be Equal by Nobody: 3:58pm On Apr 14, 2012

2 Likes

Re: A Man And A Woman Can Never Be Equal by cibilola(f): 4:08pm On Apr 14, 2012
My prayer is that none of my kids will meet or get married to poster's kids (male or female). I am no feminist and I also firmly believe that my husband is the head of our home. I will bring up my kids to value and respect others and there shall be no favouritism whatsoever because one happens to be a girl and the other, a boy.

1 Like

Re: A Man And A Woman Can Never Be Equal by tpia5: 5:10pm On Apr 14, 2012
Re: A Man And A Woman Can Never Be Equal by tpia5: 5:13pm On Apr 14, 2012
Re: A Man And A Woman Can Never Be Equal by tpia5: 5:18pm On Apr 14, 2012
to bring up a daughter to feel she is inferior to her brothers and men in general, any mother who does that in this life, would cry about it, later on in the same life.

thank you.

I guess the op is just rabble rousing aka instigating or trying to help seun drum up traffic.
Re: A Man And A Woman Can Never Be Equal by tpia5: 5:19pm On Apr 14, 2012
maclatunji:

Let me be honest here. I have interacted with many very intelligent women, some for all intent and purposes are more intelligent than me. However, there is something about these women that makes them do somethings that you cannot help but say: "She did it because she is a woman".

same can be said for men.

it all depends on the point of view of whoever's talking?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

As A Husband, Or Wife, Who Will You Make Your Next Of Kin / Please Help!who Do I Confess To,pastor Or My Wife? / Why Did You Marry In The First Place.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.