Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,792 members, 7,810,060 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:45 PM

How Do I Know God Called Me - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How Do I Know God Called Me (2113 Views)

When You Think That God Called You Into The Ministry But... (pic) / What Is God Called In The Arabic Translation Of The Bible? / A Man Of God Called Rain Down During A Crusade. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do I Know God Called Me by Nobody: 2:00am On Apr 15, 2012
Please Christians, How do one know that God truly God you into the ministry, I'm tired of hearing Pastors tell me that I have a call from God. I feel is becos I'm commited to an extent and can preach with Chrisma hahahah, so they feel that God called me. But i have had few dreams seeing myself preaching etc but it i think those are self induced dreams. Christian comments only. Thanks
Re: How Do I Know God Called Me by cooltrycia: 6:44am On Apr 15, 2012
i agree some cant even recognis God's voice thats y they end up prayin and prophesyin and members remain the same.i have had similar dreams which clearly indicat God want somtin 4rm u BT IT MUST NT BE PASTORING u cn serve ur call anywher there countles ministry DNT TRY 2 HLP GOD BY OPENIN A CHURCH! RELAX AND ENJOY UR LIFE IF THATS WHAT HE WANTS HE WIL GUID U THERE WITOUT UR HELP EVEN IF HE HS TO AREST U LIK SAUL, JST PRAY AND LET HIM NAVIGATE Uu
Re: How Do I Know God Called Me by ichuka(m): 2:03pm On Apr 15, 2012
cooltrycia: i agree some cant even recognis God's voice thats y they end up prayin and prophesyin and members remain the same.i have had similar dreams which clearly indicat God want somtin 4rm u BT IT MUST NT BE PASTORING u cn serve ur call anywher there countles ministry DNT TRY 2 HLP GOD BY OPENIN A CHURCH! RELAX AND ENJOY UR LIFE IF THATS WHAT HE WANTS HE WIL GUID U THERE WITOUT UR HELP EVEN IF HE HS TO AREST U LIK SAUL, JST PRAY AND LET HIM NAVIGATE Uu

Well said.
Re: How Do I Know God Called Me by tos4u(m): 2:15pm On Apr 15, 2012
@bisdansun
to be candid God saved each christian to b used by God in achieving His purpose on earth. So evry xtian has a call of God. But there is wht is known as special call, this is when God has a special cut out assignmnt to be fulfiled and He just choose some one to do that e.g, bcoming evanglist, pastor, prophet, teacher, etc and dis is categories by special anointng released on d person.
Notwhitstanding, if u hav a special call such as this, God w eventually work things out.
But u may begin to see some signs such as listed below. So if u are seeing any of them b sure tht God has soecial call for u, and for clarity u wil b experiencing dis signs often or interchangeably.
1. If u see yourself preaching to congration in ur dream, not just once, it continue to com as to confirm tht.
2. If u hav dis unrelenting desire to just see people been saved, healed, deliver 4rm bondage, serving God wth passion, ah God must b calling u.
3. If any spiritual being dressed in white gown and robe has apeared to you physically or in a trance, or in ur dream, even if he doesnt talk to you, u cant xcape Gods call.
4. Do you see urself in the dream, carrying d cross, people kneeling down b4 you for prayer, see urself catching fish on d sea, seeing d sky as if somebody is talking to you from there, see person giving you d holy bible, etc God may b calling you.
5. Do you hav dis burning desire to fast and pray even when nobody ask u and when it appears that there is no reason for you to do so. Do you also feel contunually willing to sacrifice ur comfort for others to b blessed even when no person is asking from you and not get bordered when u are not recognise? And when asked u can not even tell clearly why u are sacrificing all tht (e.g. In any meeting u love tht others are first served food, drink etc b4 u are given and if not given u dont worry u cannot really tell why) ah! Then u an in for Gods business.
6. Finally do you love to live holy life wth sincerity of mind, body soul and spirit. God is most likely having a call for you
NB. The sign must continue to tell u tht God is calling u.

God can call your name clearly and solemly in ur dream or in d waking state.
Pls dont get lost by charisma, if He is truly calling u as d time get closer, u wil know tht u cant resist again, but d signs must show until d time comes. Tanks.
Want to here more: b free to contact me thru email (holyghostbro@yahoo.com) till then keep radiating in Gods glory
Re: How Do I Know God Called Me by Goshen360(m): 4:31pm On Apr 15, 2012
@ Poster,

The first thing i understand is the misconception of the word, "Called". The NT testament way God "Called" is different from that of the OT. Remember many are "Called" but few "Chosen".

In the NT, Every born again believers are all "Called" but not all are "Chosen" or "Sent" for a specific assignment.

What you are saying in your words, is to know where you are "chosen" or "sent" to function. As for the calling, you are already called. You only need to spend time with God and wait patiently to know where you are "Chosen" or "sent" to function. Also, being "chosen" or "sent" may or may not necessarily operating a local church.

This is my view. I may also answer more questions in case you need more clarifications.

Thank you.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Pastor Adeboye Maybe A Member Of Nairaland. / Does Church Of Satan Really Exist In Abuja? / Islam Is Fake Here Is Why

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.