Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,983 members, 7,817,902 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:24 PM

GEJ Will Hand Over To Igbo – Ezeife (Fmr Gov Of Anambra) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / GEJ Will Hand Over To Igbo – Ezeife (Fmr Gov Of Anambra) (8503 Views)

NNPC GMD Slot Not Enough For Igbo — Ezeife.......... / EFCC Files Fresh 50 Counts Of Fraud Against Fmr Gov. Of Bayelsa Sylva / I Will Hand Over If I Lose, Says President Jonathan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

GEJ Will Hand Over To Igbo – Ezeife (Fmr Gov Of Anambra) by OAM4J: 4:56am On Apr 15, 2012
Jonathan’ll hand over to Igbo –Ezeife

As power brokers across the country make subtle moves ahead of the 2015 presidential election, former governor of Anambra State, Dr Chukwuemeka Ezeife, has said President Goodluck Jonathan would hand over to a candidate from the South East zone.

This conclusion came even as he dismissed the clamour to recapture power by the North, saying that the ethnic bloc should forget their ambition for now until the South East enjoys its share of the nation’s presidential power equation.
He revealed that though the South East at no point reached an agreement with Jonathan on the succession issue, but the understanding between the President and Ndigbo is that one of their own should succeed him.

Speaking with Sunday Sun on phone, he said people of the zone had always made it clear to Jonathan that a candidate from the zone would succeed him when he leaves office. According to him, the understanding is that by the time Jonathan had exhausted his mandate, he would support the idea of an Igbo man becoming the next president of Nigeria.

“At every opportunity with Jonathan, Ndigbo have made it clear that anyt ime he completes his constitutionally guaranteed tenure, it would now be the turn of the South East,” he said. He, however, noted that the South East was not in a hurry to see Jonathan out of power, but would continue to support him until he completes his tenure.“I repeat what I said before, that the Igbo would succeed President Jonathan whenever he leaves office, but we are not in a hurry to hound him out of office.

“We have given Jonathan our total support, but we have always made it clear that after his tenure, it would now be the turn of the South East,” he said. The former governor also noted that the president has the constitutional right to run for a second term and recalled that some of his predecessors enjoyed similar opportunities in office. He said apart from the South East, all other geo-political zones have ruled Nigeria, lamenting that the short tenure of Gen Aguiyi Ironsi was mired in violence.

“The North should forget the presidency until the South East zone has enjoyed its turn. Out of the over 50 years of Nigeria’s independence, the North ruled for about 38 years.

“The North knows that they should reorganize themselves.”

http://sunnewsonline.com/webpages/news/national/2012/apr/15/national-15-04-2012-001.html
Re: GEJ Will Hand Over To Igbo – Ezeife (Fmr Gov Of Anambra) by Desola(f): 5:14am On Apr 15, 2012
Okay, so no election process would take place, just a simple handing over of power, abi?

So the West and North are not in consideration any longer?

We siddon, we dey look.
Re: GEJ Will Hand Over To Igbo – Ezeife (Fmr Gov Of Anambra) by nduchucks: 5:14am On Apr 15, 2012
Has Dr Chukwuemeka Ezeife and his team seized control of PDP machinery? Does his team plan to install the next Chairman of the PDP BOT to replace OBJ and ensure that he will fully support an Igbo presidential candidate?

I ask these questions because I believe that the party where Igbo Presidential aspirant has the best chance of actually becoming the party's flag bearer is the PDP. The chances there are not very good at the moment.
Re: GEJ Will Hand Over To Igbo – Ezeife (Fmr Gov Of Anambra) by CyberG: 5:38am On Apr 15, 2012
Before Ironsi, there was Zik as President, yes it was ceremonial because the Igbos would rather team up with the northerners who seemed easier to take advantage of due to being less education and driven at that time. This gamble didn't work and before long, majorly Ibo soldiers eliminated his boss Tafawa Balewa. Following suit were the Sadauna, Akintola, Maimalari, etc while Zik and Okpara were aided to escape by some of the plotters.

Next, Ironsi, whose tenure was mired in violence and cut down as alluded by Ezeife had an eternity to do the right things to save himself and Nigeria. What did he do? Stupide things that were sure to get him killed: Useless unification decree when everyone including the northerners cried and rioted they did not want; Francis Nwokedi was his point man. He refused to punish the coup plotters of January 1966 and had them kept safe away in prisons in the East. Before long, Ironsi and his first lady (Wife) were joy riding in corruption like the people the earlier coup plotters of January 1966. Despite outright descent, he refused to bat an eye lid, what did he expect? Who should be blamed?

Next, Ojukwu, secession, civil war and till today, ALMOST all NL Ibos are still bitter about the war fought before they were born. They want the country to break by violence, and they still want people who do not share their vision to help them get into a position to start another war? Today, they want a separate country, tomorrow they want Retardeen president Goofluck to hand over power because he is one of them after campaigning as Ebelechukwu Azikiwe?? I hope discerning NLanders can keep the real conflict of issues in view and come to the table with good arguments to sway the skeptical Nigerian as to who to vote for as president.

Finally, I believe as I have always that the tribe and section a leader comes from is immaterial and is the reason why Nigeria is now permanently stuck in reverse gear. Give me any candidate who has proven his performance is a similar role, competent, irredeemably committed to providing leadership to Nigeria, leading it away from the brink, building the bridges to unite all its people, even if he is from a tribe of 2 people, I will vote for him and I think every reasonable and progressive Nigerian should!

5 Likes

Re: GEJ Will Hand Over To Igbo – Ezeife (Fmr Gov Of Anambra) by PointB: 7:42am On Apr 15, 2012
Desola: Okay, so no election process would take place, just a simple handing over of power, abi?

So the West and North are not in consideration any longer?

We siddon, we dey look.

No my dear. There would be elections. And the good people of the west and north will recognise this at the best chance of guaranteeing 'One Nigeria' their forebears fought for. They will then happily cast their votes for either rochas, soludo, ngige; or another capable hand from south east. And Nigeria will live happily ever after. Well, at least Nairaland!

1 Like

Re: GEJ Will Hand Over To Igbo – Ezeife (Fmr Gov Of Anambra) by Rhino5dm: 8:01am On Apr 15, 2012
I go for Rochas or Ken Nnamani . . .I don't think Chris Ngige is that matured, politcally. Do you think GEJ will just "hand over" like that? -There is a pressure from Ijaw groups on GEJ to continue, which I think it is done in good faith looking from ethnic perspective.

- The underdog here is Namadi Sambo and I hop'd GEJ hasn't been that naive to allow him access to huge cash. By the way, where do place other light-wieghts like David Mark?

For nigeria to remain one as you claim, then the righthing to do is to allow GEJ complete his 8 years.

PointB:

No my dear. There would be elections. And the good people of the west and north will recognise this at the best chance of guaranteeing 'One Nigeria' their forebears fought for. They will then happily cast their votes for either rochas, soludo, ngige; or another capable hand from south east. And Nigeria will live happily ever after. Well, at least Nairaland!

1 Like

Re: GEJ Will Hand Over To Igbo – Ezeife (Fmr Gov Of Anambra) by PointB: 8:17am On Apr 15, 2012
@Rhino,
GEJ has maintained he would be going for a single term and has not changed his mind. But if he does change his mind 'in good time' he will most likely get the same support he got from the SE. SE believe in fairness and also rotation across the 6 zones not just north and south.

as per your preference for Rochas and Nnamani, i would say those two are good - Rochas especially given his governorship experience and his innovative ideas. But in the end politics is about compromise. If the political calculation turns up another progressive SE candidate, I will queue up behind him at the ballot.

but like I said, Nigeria will truly benefit from a SE leader in a way we cannot imagine, if the north will exercise a little patience like we Igbos done over the years.
Re: GEJ Will Hand Over To Igbo – Ezeife (Fmr Gov Of Anambra) by pazienza(m): 8:44am On Apr 15, 2012
CyberG: Before Ironsi, there was Zik as President, yes it was ceremonial because the Igbos would rather team up with the northerners who seemed easier to take advantage of due to being less education and driven at that time. This gamble didn't work and before long, majorly Ibo soldiers eliminated his boss Tafawa Balewa. Following suit were the Sadauna, Akintola, Maimalari, etc while Zik and Okpara were aided to escape by some of the plotters.

Next, Ironsi, whose tenure was mired in violence and cut down as alluded by Ezeife had an eternity to do the right things to save himself and Nigeria. What did he do? Stupide things that were sure to get him killed: Useless unification decree when everyone including the northerners cried and rioted they did not want; Francis Nwokedi was his point man. He refused to punish the coup plotters of January 1966 and had them kept safe away in prisons in the East. Before long, Ironsi and his first lady (Wife) were joy riding in corruption like the people the earlier coup plotters of January 1966. Despite outright descent, he refused to bat an eye lid, what did he expect? Who should be blamed?

Next, Ojukwu, secession, civil war and till today, ALMOST all NL Ibos are still bitter about the war fought before they were born. They want the country to break by violence, and they still want people who do not share their vision to help them get into a position to start another war? Today, they want a separate country, tomorrow they want Retardeen president Goofluck to hand over power because he is one of them after campaigning as Ebelechukwu Azikiwe?? I hope discerning NLanders can keep the real conflict of issues in view and come to the table with good arguments to sway the skeptical Nigerian as to who to vote for as president.

Finally, I believe as I have always that the tribe and section a leader comes from is immaterial and is the reason why Nigeria is now permanently stuck in reverse gear. Give me any candidate who has proven his performance is a similar role, competent, irredeemably committed to providing leadership to Nigeria, leading it away from the brink, building the bridges to unite all its people, even if he is from a tribe of 2 people, I will vote for him and I think every reasonable and progressive Nigerian should!

It is now official,u are a confirmed ezi,u hide behind anonymousity to vent ur lunatic ranting, be a man,and tell us where that pig sty u came from is located.
Re: GEJ Will Hand Over To Igbo – Ezeife (Fmr Gov Of Anambra) by Nobody: 8:57am On Apr 15, 2012
The day we stop using tribes in our diction is the day Nigeria will progress. He'll hand over to an Igbo. As an Igbo, I'm asking: who cares? If he's not competent, if he hasn't the track record, or if he hasn't the qualities, then I'm not at all interested. Cave men.

3 Likes

Re: GEJ Will Hand Over To Igbo – Ezeife (Fmr Gov Of Anambra) by Nobody: 9:04am On Apr 15, 2012
We dont want presidency,give us the state of biafra.How can we rule a country we dont believe in ? grin grin

1 Like

Re: GEJ Will Hand Over To Igbo – Ezeife (Fmr Gov Of Anambra) by Rhino5dm: 9:23am On Apr 15, 2012
Your take is a bright one. Personally, I will want a situation where GEJ would be allowed to continue. Dont get me wrong, I still maintain my stand that he is not too fit for the job going by his low perfomance and all that. Politics should be about stability first, whithout which, there wont be any meaningful development. That said.

About south east, the best bet is Rochas going by his level of acceptability across the horizons. Ken Nnamani is another brilliant candidate, we cross paths politically, after his wonderful role in killing OBJ's third term. His articulation and sagacity is in tripple A ratings. Either, why dont the south east get behind a single leader? The likes of Orji Kalu should qualify for that job, due to his exposure and experience.

PointB: @Rhino,
GEJ has maintained he would be going for a single term and has not changed his mind. But if he does change his mind 'in good time' he will most likely get the same support he got from the SE. SE believe in fairness and also rotation across the 6 zones not just north and south.

as per your preference for Rochas and Nnamani, i would say those two are good - Rochas especially given his governorship experience and his innovative ideas. But in the end politics is about compromise. If the political calculation turns up another progressive SE candidate, I will queue up behind him at the ballot.

but like I said, Nigeria will truly benefit from a SE leader in a way we cannot imagine, if the north will exercise a little patience like we Igbos done over the years.

1 Like

Re: GEJ Will Hand Over To Igbo – Ezeife (Fmr Gov Of Anambra) by victorazy(m): 9:27am On Apr 15, 2012
Igbos must rule or the civil war will continues thank God they've learn their mistake and even foreign hands are ready to join.

Is obvious that Goodluck Ebelechukwu Jo. has a plan for the Easterners by keeping mute about all these distortions from north.

Igbos will always be a good leader based on the little they've shown. Looking at the governor and ministers e.g. CBN gov. Soludo and his wonder pase he set, Dora Akuyili of NAFDAC, Sen. Nnamani, Gov. Ojiuzor Kalu for sports and now Gov. Rochas O. Jst to mention few.
Re: GEJ Will Hand Over To Igbo – Ezeife (Fmr Gov Of Anambra) by Nobody: 9:39am On Apr 15, 2012
victorazy: Igbos must rule or the civil war will continues thank God they've learn their mistake and even foreign hands are ready to join.

Is obvious that Goodluck Ebelechukwu Jo. has a plan for the Easterners by keeping mute about all these distortions from north.

Igbos will always be a good leader based on the little they've shown. Looking at the governor and ministers e.g. CBN gov. Soludo and his wonder pase he set, Dora Akuyili of NAFDAC, Sen. Nnamani, Gov. Ojiuzor Kalu for sports and now Gov. Rochas O. Jst to mention few.

Yaffter wan tia my belle ooooo! Talk of blind faith. Even if GEJ had a plan, you would follow such a "leader"?

Less than 20 posts in this thread and I'm already seeing enemies of progress.

1 Like

Re: GEJ Will Hand Over To Igbo – Ezeife (Fmr Gov Of Anambra) by bittyend(m): 10:05am On Apr 15, 2012
Igbo monkeys are planning to rule Nigeria, says Ezeife Ogufe. grin grin grin grin grin grin

Bunch of idanre monkeys. AMU-chike, AMU-emeka, AMU-nwafor, AMU-ezeifeogufe etc. Amu Amu Amu Amu grin grin grin grin grin

Blowing ashes on ibo/ebo/aebo monkeys. You guys need to go rule your fellow monkeys - in your overpopulated, landlocked biafra - and your bight of river niger. grin grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: GEJ Will Hand Over To Igbo – Ezeife (Fmr Gov Of Anambra) by PointB: 10:11am On Apr 15, 2012
@Rhino, we seem to share the same point of view on politics being about stability first and that is also the answer I will give you concerning your suggestion that Igbos do not line up behind a candidate. On the contrary we do, as recently as 2011 election. But beyond that Igbos do not just do that, the stability of the nation has always being first for every igbo leader considering our ubiquitousness. That explains why we lined up to support Obj first term, Yar Adua the lesser evil, and Goodluck from the very marginalized. If other zone play politics of stability, then we should know that what the North need now is human resource development and what the SE need is the presidency. Rochas presidency will address both. But like we both agreed, Jonathan has to decide whether he want to leave or continue. If he choose to continue, SE will support him, maybe not with the same fiery passion, but we will support him none the less. But if he choses to leave we will be happy to step in and perhaps forget about biafra agitation for very long time.

In 2015, if GEJ leaves, Nigeria will have a choice to make, a competent SE leader or pacify the north one more time.
Re: GEJ Will Hand Over To Igbo – Ezeife (Fmr Gov Of Anambra) by victorazy(m): 10:14am On Apr 15, 2012
Hmmmm?
Re: GEJ Will Hand Over To Igbo – Ezeife (Fmr Gov Of Anambra) by Funkymallam(m): 10:17am On Apr 15, 2012
Rhino.5dm:
Your take is a bright one. Personally, I will want a situation where GEJ would be allowed to continue. Dont get me wrong, I still maintain my stand that he is not too fit for the job going by his low perfomance and all that. Politics should be about stability first, whithout which, there wont be any meaningful development. That said.

About south east, the best bet is Rochas going by his level of acceptability across the horizons. Ken Nnamani is another brilliant candidate, we cross paths politically, after his wonderful role in killing OBJ's third term. His articulation and sagacity is in tripple A ratings. Either, why dont the south east get behind a single leader? The likes of Orji Kalu should qualify for that job, due to his exposure and experience.

U quite have a strong point there but i dnt really trust Dr. Orji Uzor Kalu, would rather go with Rochas or Nnamani.
Re: GEJ Will Hand Over To Igbo – Ezeife (Fmr Gov Of Anambra) by Funkymallam(m): 10:19am On Apr 15, 2012
ogugua88: The day we stop using tribes in our diction is the day Nigeria will progress. He'll hand over to an Igbo. As an Igbo, I'm asking: who cares? If he's not competent, if he hasn't the track record, or if he hasn't the qualities, then I'm not at all interested. Cave men.

My dear, its unfortunate but this is Nigeria, tribalism will always be an issue. But when faced with such we need to go for d best in that region.

1 Like

Re: GEJ Will Hand Over To Igbo – Ezeife (Fmr Gov Of Anambra) by Nobody: 10:20am On Apr 15, 2012
A wishful thinking that can not materialize at least in the next 12yrs.

1 Like

Re: GEJ Will Hand Over To Igbo – Ezeife (Fmr Gov Of Anambra) by deor03(m): 11:12am On Apr 15, 2012
When are going to get out of this tribal mentality.

Unfortunately , the Politicians use this as a tool to blindfold, even the most educated of Nigerians.

Are we saying everybody in GEJ village (not even local govt) eat 3 sq meals?

We should insist on ONLY one thing; good governance. A Nigerian from anywhere in this country,practicing any religion will have my support.

SMH angry

2 Likes

Re: GEJ Will Hand Over To Igbo – Ezeife (Fmr Gov Of Anambra) by Nobody: 11:14am On Apr 15, 2012
Rochas all the way. After all he came second to yar adua in the election primary that brought Yar Adua to power so this time around we are taking over. let de north continue brewing and shouting. we get our plans. Whenever GEJ finishes his tenure be it in 2020 An igbo president is inevitable.
Re: GEJ Will Hand Over To Igbo – Ezeife (Fmr Gov Of Anambra) by Nobody: 11:21am On Apr 15, 2012
Stupid tribal mentality running in the veins of all these elders in Nigeria. Instead of the buffoon to say GEJ will hand over to a more credible, capable and honest candidate he is busy vomiting the rubbish he swallowed 40 years ago. Nonsense!

2 Likes

Re: GEJ Will Hand Over To Igbo – Ezeife (Fmr Gov Of Anambra) by anishe(m): 11:22am On Apr 15, 2012
Do you think the people of the South East has any credible candidate worthy of president? I dont think so. There can never be consensus among them because of their greedy attitude.

We are waiting and watching as events unfold.

1 Like

Re: GEJ Will Hand Over To Igbo – Ezeife (Fmr Gov Of Anambra) by AGBORMAN1(m): 11:24am On Apr 15, 2012
I've been saying & praying on this forum, again & again that President GEJ
Should help an Igbo-man to become our next president.
The North should wait till 2027. Naija belongs to Southeast as well. ok.
Goodluck to my brothers in the East.
Re: GEJ Will Hand Over To Igbo – Ezeife (Fmr Gov Of Anambra) by bittyend(m): 11:24am On Apr 15, 2012
1stCitizen: Stupid tribal mentality running in the veins of all these elders in Nigeria. Instead of the buffoon to say GEJ will hand over to a more credible, capable and honest candidate he is busy vomiting the rubbish he swallowed 40 years ago. Nonsense!

POST OF THE DAY!!

THREAD LOCKED!!

1 Like

Re: GEJ Will Hand Over To Igbo – Ezeife (Fmr Gov Of Anambra) by Desola(f): 11:26am On Apr 15, 2012
PointB:

First of, I'm not your dear. Secondly and if I understand you correctly, you are saying that Jonasatan would annoint an ibo man to run under pdp? An ibo man that would be accepted by all region; that would pull in the votes from even the west and the North or would it be from the "se/ss" alone?

I know that yorubas would rather vote cpc than vote an okoro man, though but hey! Who need their votes, eh?

2 Likes

Re: GEJ Will Hand Over To Igbo – Ezeife (Fmr Gov Of Anambra) by Nobody: 11:29am On Apr 15, 2012
ogugua88:

Yaffter wan tia my belle ooooo! Talk of blind faith. Even if GEJ had a plan, you would follow such a "leader"?

Less than 20 posts in this thread and I'm already seeing enemies of progress.

because the loyalty and patriotism of ibos to the Nigerian state is questionable !

1 Like

Re: GEJ Will Hand Over To Igbo – Ezeife (Fmr Gov Of Anambra) by odumchi: 11:30am On Apr 15, 2012
AGBOR-MAN:
I've been saying & praying on this forum, again & again that President GEJ
Should help an Igbo-man to become our next president.
The North should wait till 2027. Naija belongs to Southeast as well. ok.
Goodluck to my brothers in the East.

Are you from Agbor in Delta state?

Anyway, whatever happens, the East is watching. It's too early to start rejoicing.
Re: GEJ Will Hand Over To Igbo – Ezeife (Fmr Gov Of Anambra) by AGBORMAN1(m): 11:33am On Apr 15, 2012
Mrs Ngozi Okonjo Iweala for President 2019, after President GEJ.
God bless Nigeria.
Re: GEJ Will Hand Over To Igbo – Ezeife (Fmr Gov Of Anambra) by odumchi: 11:37am On Apr 15, 2012
Desola:

First of, I'm not your dear. Secondly and if I understand you correctly, you are saying that Jonasatan would annoint an ibo man to run under pdp? An ibo man that would be accepted by all region; that would pull in the votes from even the west and the North or would it be from the "se/ss" alone?

I know that yorubas would rather vote cpc than vote an okoro man, though but hey! Who need their votes, eh?

Lol. Why didn't the SW vote for ACN (Ribadu) or even Buhari instead of GEJ? (An Ijo man with an Igbo name?)
You have to realize that the days of the old North/Western alliance have been over since '93.
Re: GEJ Will Hand Over To Igbo – Ezeife (Fmr Gov Of Anambra) by Nobody: 11:39am On Apr 15, 2012
anishe: Do you think the people of the South East has any credible candidate worthy of president? I dont think so. There can never be consensus among them because of their greedy attitude.

We are waiting and watching as events unfold.

Greedy Nature?. explain what makes the SE people greedy. Am waiting
Re: GEJ Will Hand Over To Igbo – Ezeife (Fmr Gov Of Anambra) by AGBORMAN1(m): 11:40am On Apr 15, 2012
Mrs Ngozi Okonjo Iweala for President 2019, after President GEJ.
God bless Nigeria.

I'm from Agbor in Delta State. I'm as happy as Mr Larry.

When dirty plenty for inside soup, blind man will notice.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Jonathan Condoles Fashola Over Father’s Death / Idowu Sofola Dies At 84 / Rivers APC Crisis: Appeal Court Fixes Date For Hearing

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.