Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,742 members, 7,809,837 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:43 PM

How Do You Cope With An Exceptionally Jealous Girlfriend? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Do You Cope With An Exceptionally Jealous Girlfriend? (7410 Views)

Ladies, How Do You Cope With Insensitive Husbands? / I Can’t Cope With His Big Manhood- Wife Tells Court / Bearded Ladies, How Do You Cope? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do You Cope With An Exceptionally Jealous Girlfriend? by akoredeo: 9:08am On Apr 15, 2012
thanks everyone the issue is sorted. They broke up in the end
Re: How Do You Cope With An Exceptionally Jealous Girlfriend? by martyns303(m): 9:33am On Apr 15, 2012
they'll be fine with time, just dont like the idea of she being verbally abusive, words hurts me alot as a person, but if he's fine with it, i'd say let them be.
Re: How Do You Cope With An Exceptionally Jealous Girlfriend? by sweetcocoa(f): 10:08am On Apr 15, 2012
You can shut up and leave him to be killed by the said mad woman,maybe after that he'll realize what he's done to himself staying with the lunatic.
Re: How Do You Cope With An Exceptionally Jealous Girlfriend? by brainchild78(m): 10:16am On Apr 15, 2012
he needs to call the relationship to an end or tie her up and take her to a psychiatric where she will receive help & patiently wait until she recovers from her possessed state.
Re: How Do You Cope With An Exceptionally Jealous Girlfriend? by Bisjosh(f): 10:22am On Apr 15, 2012
brainchild78: he needs to call the relationship to an end or tie her up and take her to a psychiatric where she will receive help & patiently wait until she recovers from her possessed state.

grin grin
Re: How Do You Cope With An Exceptionally Jealous Girlfriend? by greedie1(f): 10:51am On Apr 15, 2012
R u close enuf to d girl in qus to advice her?...

Reassure her of d guys love 4 her nd let her knw dt her actions r uncalled 4 nd may end up driving her love away.
She has trust issues, let her go 4 counselling nd finally, advice her to get a job, wit less tym on her hands nd more work to do, d problems ll reduce

2 Likes

Re: How Do You Cope With An Exceptionally Jealous Girlfriend? by Excelboi(m): 10:59am On Apr 15, 2012
4ck her up and kick her ass. Do she think she is the only available lady in this planet? Some guys too dey take shiiit

1 Like

Re: How Do You Cope With An Exceptionally Jealous Girlfriend? by antartica(m): 11:19am On Apr 15, 2012
Nightmarish,she brings out the brut in a man.
Re: How Do You Cope With An Exceptionally Jealous Girlfriend? by donniemc: 11:19am On Apr 15, 2012
Make her see d the doctor!!...simple

MISSION IMPOSSIBLE 4:GHOST PROTOCOL

The IMF is shut down when it's implicated in the bombing of the Kremlin, causing Ethan Hunt and his new team to go rogue to clear their organization's name.

1 Like

Re: How Do You Cope With An Exceptionally Jealous Girlfriend? by Konnektions146(m): 11:21am On Apr 15, 2012
its a pity but i understand de guys position,
he just need to be mmore manly and address dis issue, people around us has got so much to do with our happiness and our state of mind plays a major role on our general productivity,
if that lady continues that way, she will drive de guy nuts and if de guy continues to swallow dat sh.t, it will affect him so drastically.

please go to de girl, talk some sense into her, make her know she is pushin de guy out rather than protectin him.

and if dis girl continues, anyday dis lady gets physiccal, let de guy respond apprioprately and at de end, warn her seriously.

ay day she abuses, de guy should leave de house for her and give her some silent treatment(skip food, no talk, sleep out, no attention etc)
he should act as if he doesnt care (though it may be painful to him).

wishin him de best

1 Like

Re: How Do You Cope With An Exceptionally Jealous Girlfriend? by Lheyhe(m): 11:29am On Apr 15, 2012
This makes me remember 'ANGELA' in one of the Hollywood films I watched 'WHY DID I GET MARRIED TOO?'
Most ladies like that does not really mean to harm their boyfriend they are only trying to protect him but sometimes they go haywire about it.
Re: How Do You Cope With An Exceptionally Jealous Girlfriend? by antartica(m): 11:36am On Apr 15, 2012
The only thing that drives jealousy is insecurity.The one that stands to lose is the one that is jealous,male or female notwithstanding.
Re: How Do You Cope With An Exceptionally Jealous Girlfriend? by MrsChima(f): 11:46am On Apr 15, 2012
I disagree. Jealousy and possessiveness are two different things. Possessiveness is insecurity based fear and jealousy is emotional based reaction.

There is no such thing as exceptional jealous, you are either jealous or possessive. It seems though the chick is possessive because even our Creator is a Jealous God. I am sure God isn't insecure.

In a relationship/marriage sense, if you are not jealous of your mate then you do not care about nor love your mate. Think about it for a minute, if someone take your favorite book or game, you will become upset and defend your things right? So if your wife/girlfriend is someone that you love and someone comes and challenge you, you will defend your girl right?

So what make your girl any different than your favorite book and game? Exactly.

Now if you are possessive and no matter what, you are constantly worrying about if your girl is on the phone or emailing someone online, that is POSSESSIVENESS!!

Jealousy is an emotion reaction to something that happened either by surprise or expectation. Possessiveness is insecurity based fear that someone will take your mate or your mate will leave so you become ultra controlling to prevent such actions to happen.
Re: How Do You Cope With An Exceptionally Jealous Girlfriend? by mykejones(m): 11:54am On Apr 15, 2012
Dis is plain rubbish. He doesn't need an advice,he knows wat2do.
For Christ's sakes! They r nt even married!
He doesn't know anytin yet,until he looses evrytin he eva worked for,let him just hang on to her.
Re: How Do You Cope With An Exceptionally Jealous Girlfriend? by akoredeo: 12:00pm On Apr 15, 2012
Re: How Do You Cope With An Exceptionally Jealous Girlfriend? by kombats: 12:02pm On Apr 15, 2012
is it a relationship or a bondage
Re: How Do You Cope With An Exceptionally Jealous Girlfriend? by MeGaStReEt: 12:05pm On Apr 15, 2012
Nigerian Movie
Re: How Do You Cope With An Exceptionally Jealous Girlfriend? by 9zeros(m): 12:19pm On Apr 15, 2012
MeGaStReEt: Nigerian Movie
u're almost correct......its super-story.
Re: How Do You Cope With An Exceptionally Jealous Girlfriend? by 9zeros(m): 12:24pm On Apr 15, 2012
did i hear u say 'she doesnt work or go to school plus she is physically violent'? n probably she smokes d*pe..... mehn, ur guy needs to check his head.
Re: How Do You Cope With An Exceptionally Jealous Girlfriend? by Mynd44: 12:25pm On Apr 15, 2012
The guy needs to walk out simple
Re: How Do You Cope With An Exceptionally Jealous Girlfriend? by agb2011(f): 12:40pm On Apr 15, 2012
First of all, u av 2talk 2 d girl alone. Let her know dt d guy luvs her &there is no one else. We (girls) luv to know wat our bfs say about us to their friends &wat their friends think about us. Talk 2her, this wil make her relax (a bit).
2. Talk 2ur friend. Wat if he's nt bothered? Wat if he luvs her d way she is &u ar just worried 4nothin? Wat if he thinks he owe her or somethin? Try 2knw his fears &d reason why he has done nothing 2 d situation.
3. If he admits dt he needs help, brainstorm 2gether &think of somethin. It could b 2 avoid her completely or somethin.
4. Ur friend shud cal her, sit her down and talk 2her. He shud let her know how he feels about her and d situation. Let her bare her mind also. He shud then warn her 2stop being possessive
5. If she does not change, he shud dump her. He shud NOT marry her unless she changes.

1 Like

Re: How Do You Cope With An Exceptionally Jealous Girlfriend? by DECOtech(m): 1:06pm On Apr 15, 2012
It seems most of u guys missed certain parts of this post.
akoredeo: She goes through his phone and deletes his female contacts and he has lost a number of contracts and work as a result of this. When he dresses up to go out (even though she knows where he is going), she either starts a fight, feigns illness, locks him in

She has on occasion insulted people that he has business dealings with

Deep down in him, he is not happy about the whole thing

There are a lot of other things that I have not mentioned here due to confidentiality issues but lets just say that the girl also has the tendency to be physically violent and the verbal abuse is terrible.
Let him remain in d relationship so that nairalanders can go and eat rice n drink mineral at his funeral.
Speaking frm experience, that kind of woman won't learn xept she is kicked out of that relationship.
And as for all of u wey de form "marriage councelors" may God have mercy on you. Una wan advice the guy to im grave cos of girlfriend. The case wld have been different if she has already been made a wife.

1 Like

Re: How Do You Cope With An Exceptionally Jealous Girlfriend? by Excellent7(m): 1:43pm On Apr 15, 2012
The babe getting physical and violent? When she is not even married to the guy! I think your guy is being physically and emotionally abused!! I think your guy needs to walk away from this "harassment" before the babe turns him to a murderer or the murdered someday.
Re: How Do You Cope With An Exceptionally Jealous Girlfriend? by Nobody: 2:17pm On Apr 15, 2012
Leave them! The guy love the girl die and there is nothing you can do about it.

He'll always go back to her...he is puxy struck!
Re: How Do You Cope With An Exceptionally Jealous Girlfriend? by Nobody: 2:46pm On Apr 15, 2012
I was already thinking of starting a topic like this too when I came across this, this is exactly whats happening to a very close friend of mine. I have this friend who met a lady on Facebook, a Nigerian Lady who lives in the US and he lives here, they've been dating for over a year now but believe me its been an experience to us all. The lady in question is possesive and jealous, its 2 in 1 with her, these guys talk for hours daily, thats not the point, the point is whenever they are talking he'd have to give account of everything he's done that day, where he is, who he's with, what he's doing there and just every necessary and unnecessary account of what he's doing there and if he mentions a name or something thats new to the lady, she'd get mad over it, I remember the first time she came home and we were all together, I overheard her figthing with my friend because she feels the bed has reduced in size, these were her words "wo bed bo she lole, omo melo, lo ti do lori bed di yi..." Translation,"look at how the bed has lost weight, how many girls have you slept with on this bed' and when my friend tried coming out of the room he slammed the door. I could hear what they were saying because she was yelling. She's here again and she's been around for over two weeks now and I can tell you that its even worse, she picks every call that comes in, wether a man or woman if the number is new there's be a fight, even on my friend's birthday he had to stay up all night to delete comments on his wall before this lady wakes up so as to avoid fight. whats bothering my now is that they would be doing their introduction on Saturday, we cant talk to our friend about what he's about getting into so as not to be the one in trouble because they are together every blessed day, the guy has even changed, he's now a dump. I wouldn't have bothered about this guy if I did not know him before now. He's a smart guy and its not like he's trying to use this lady to get Visa because thats even out of it on the other hand this is too much to give because you are in love with a person, the question we(friends) keep asking ourselves now is that,is this what love has turned him into or there is something else to it that we don't know or he's under a spell. Seriously if you could see this you'd ask the same question.
Re: How Do You Cope With An Exceptionally Jealous Girlfriend? by kay9(m): 3:26pm On Apr 15, 2012
The guy don chop 'belu-som' na. Y'all had better hail the pastor.
Re: How Do You Cope With An Exceptionally Jealous Girlfriend? by pendo89(f): 3:51pm On Apr 15, 2012
I keep saying again and again.There are some things that you can't change in a relationship no matter how hard you try or how long you wait.
This is not a child to be molded but a grown woman tormenting him.Does he expect her to change? Doesn't he know that his current relationship is a reflection of the marriage he may end up having only in double measure?
What is wrong with your friend? They aren't even married and a lady is controlling him like the remote!
His business is suffering,his relationships are suffering,his soul is sick,tired and hurting.
In short he is shrinking day after day yet he keeps lying to himself that it's gonna be okay.
That is not the purpose of relationships.Some people are posessed and are very evil to the point of death.
If your friend wants to live peaceful,he had better call off this pathetic relationship cz it smells of death not life.
If he doesnt call it off he can wait to die.
Jeez! i feel chocked.
Re: How Do You Cope With An Exceptionally Jealous Girlfriend? by sigba(f): 4:02pm On Apr 15, 2012
sweetcocoa: You can shut up and leave him to be killed by the said mad woman,maybe after that he'll realize what he's done to himself staying with the lunatic.

lol, yeah, and he'll send us a letter from the grave. grin
Re: How Do You Cope With An Exceptionally Jealous Girlfriend? by Killz1(m): 4:44pm On Apr 15, 2012
Too much story. . .

End the relationship
Re: How Do You Cope With An Exceptionally Jealous Girlfriend? by Phonon: 5:22pm On Apr 15, 2012
"Advice is what we seek for when we know the answer but wish we didn't."
Re: How Do You Cope With An Exceptionally Jealous Girlfriend? by avicky(f): 6:29pm On Apr 15, 2012
gree-die:
R u close enuf to d girl in qus to advice her?...

Reassure her of d guys love 4 her nd let her knw dt her actions r uncalled 4 nd may end up driving her love away.
She has trust issues, let her go 4 counselling nd finally, advice her to get a job, wit less tym on her hands nd more work to do, d problems ll reduce

(1) (2) (Reply)

Was The Woman Wrong Or Is The Man Being Overly Insensitive / Definition Of Marriage To You? / Nairaland Please Vote My Son Chidube 4 Germany Mini-model 2011.! Please Please

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.