Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,078 members, 7,845,543 topics. Date: Thursday, 30 May 2024 at 07:47 PM

World Bank Presidency: Who Takes The Day Okonjo Or Kim? - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / World Bank Presidency: Who Takes The Day Okonjo Or Kim? (8393 Views)

African Development Bank Presidency: 5 Serving Ministers, 3 Others Contest / Buhari Endorses Akinwunmi Adesina For African Development Bank Presidency / World Bank Presidency: Obama Rejects Iweala Nominates Jim Yong Kim (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: World Bank Presidency: Who Takes The Day Okonjo Or Kim? by namfav(m): 1:51pm On Apr 16, 2012
what is wrong is going on fareed zakaria and showing to the world how arrogant you are and saying you are nigerian, maybe if she said she was ibo instead, she did not show any respect to any other candidate and was speaking as if she deserve it

dubem3:

remind me, whats wrong with being a nigerian?
Re: World Bank Presidency: Who Takes The Day Okonjo Or Kim? by BlackBaron: 1:54pm On Apr 16, 2012
All the best to her.

If she loses, maybe Nigerians would learn to elect leaders based on merit rather than some half decent leader especially when nominated by godfathers like they do in Nigeria in this case Obama.
Re: World Bank Presidency: Who Takes The Day Okonjo Or Kim? by abubaka101: 1:56pm On Apr 16, 2012
Kim is not qualified, he knws it. Thats why he never granted any interviews. Okonjo-Iweala is the best for the job. Kim is Medical Doctor by profession, while Okonjo-Iweala is, you can say, a banker, an economist and also a former World Bank M.D., and V.P. Who is more qualified?
Re: World Bank Presidency: Who Takes The Day Okonjo Or Kim? by dubem3(m): 2:00pm On Apr 16, 2012
aryzgreat: namfaz^^^^

unfortunately she is not ur hausa women in puddah who can neva get half of ngozi's credential, i understand ur jealousy!

it dosen't always have to be about tribe, does it?
Re: World Bank Presidency: Who Takes The Day Okonjo Or Kim? by Watchit1: 2:04pm On Apr 16, 2012
Can we pls leave sentiment apart and be objective, How do think American we have the single largest share and decide to leave the control or highest level of authorities of such in the hand of another country citizen, Think of it supposing its you that set up such organisation wont you look for a person that you have authority over as to be able to control him when necessary and even punish if need arise, How could you have good grid on your fund in the hand of expert you can not absolutely control, Imagine in the hand of Nigeria expert for that matter, its not that madam Njozi Okonjo is not qualify and competent to handle the post, but rather is a matter of America personal security for the fund
Re: World Bank Presidency: Who Takes The Day Okonjo Or Kim? by namfav(m): 2:05pm On Apr 16, 2012
wolfowitz was a political scientist, the current president has a political background not an economic one, world bank does not do technocrats at the top, iweala has to get it in her skull, it is not the qualification, world bank even had a engineer as president

abubaka101: Kim is not qualified, he knws it. Thats why he never granted any interviews. Okonjo-Iweala is the best for the job. Kim is Medical Doctor by profession, while Okonjo-Iweala is, you can say, a banker, an economist and also a former World Bank M.D., and V.P. Who is more qualified?
Re: World Bank Presidency: Who Takes The Day Okonjo Or Kim? by Nobody: 2:08pm On Apr 16, 2012
Hmm, Clearly Kim seems to be the more favoured one here.
Re: World Bank Presidency: Who Takes The Day Okonjo Or Kim? by dubem3(m): 2:09pm On Apr 16, 2012
namfav: what is wrong is going on fareed zakaria and showing to the world how arrogant you are and saying you are nigerian, maybe if she said she was ibo instead, she did not show any respect to any other candidate and was speaking as if she deserve it

how exactly did she exude arrogance?
was she truly not nigerian?
is she really not more qualified than her opponent?
does she not deserve it atleast more than her opponent does?
Re: World Bank Presidency: Who Takes The Day Okonjo Or Kim? by namfav(m): 2:19pm On Apr 16, 2012
being a former vice president does not make you qualified, iweala was never known as a diplomat for all the qualifications she has she does not interact the african vote is just pointless more powerful bric nations are behind the american, anyway she wont get it, she is a qualified economist/banker but not a qualified diplomat, her track record in nigeria is also poor, we'd get a better finance minister if she leaves anyway

dubem3:

how exactly did she exude arrogance?
was she truly not nigerian?
is she really not more qualified than her opponent?
does she not deserve it atleast more than her opponent does?
Re: World Bank Presidency: Who Takes The Day Okonjo Or Kim? by nkemKalu: 2:23pm On Apr 16, 2012
Okonje Wahala...or whatever u call her will never win. Thank God it is not JEGA or Iwu that will conduct the election. If she is so good and feels that the World bank job should be on Merit why did OBJ fire her from his cabinet. She has even exhibited the same level of incompetence in GEJ's cabinet during the oil subsidy saga. People should stop being so emotional or sentimental about issues. Leave them to go and vote.....if she wins so be it and if she looses nobody should ever think or say it is because of politics and not of merit. Full stop
Re: World Bank Presidency: Who Takes The Day Okonjo Or Kim? by dubem3(m): 2:25pm On Apr 16, 2012
namfav: being a former vice president does not make you qualified, iweala was never known as a diplomat for all the qualifications she has she does not interact the african vote is just pointless more powerful bric nations are behind the american, anyway she wont get it, she is a qualified economist/banker but not a qualified diplomat, her track record in nigeria is also poor, we'd get a better finance minister if she leaves anyway

and whats in it for you if Kim wins?
Re: World Bank Presidency: Who Takes The Day Okonjo Or Kim? by Nnenna1(f): 2:27pm On Apr 16, 2012
^^^For him, the satisfaction of an Igbo not winning.

It's unfortunate how base our fellow Nigerians have sunk.
Re: World Bank Presidency: Who Takes The Day Okonjo Or Kim? by namfav(m): 2:28pm On Apr 16, 2012
that is the issue, if iweala wins nigeria problems will not be solved, i am not a fan of the world bank anyway, so whatever, i just saying as it is, iweala has no chance

dubem3:

and whats in it for you if Kim wins?
Re: World Bank Presidency: Who Takes The Day Okonjo Or Kim? by Nnenna1(f): 2:29pm On Apr 16, 2012
namfav: that is the issue, if iweala wins nigeria problems will not be solved, i am not a fan of the world bank anyway, so whatever, i just saying as it is, iweala has no chance

I hope you find peace and rest of mind soon. You need it.
Re: World Bank Presidency: Who Takes The Day Okonjo Or Kim? by Nnenna1(f): 2:31pm On Apr 16, 2012
dubem3:

it dosen't always have to be about tribe, does it?

Unfortunately in here, It IS always about tribe.
Re: World Bank Presidency: Who Takes The Day Okonjo Or Kim? by namfav(m): 2:31pm On Apr 16, 2012
i have enough peace and rest of mind, people have to stop supporting someone just because they share ehtnicity, ones she wins she wont prioritise ibos or indeed nigeria, it is the world bank, no doubt noi is qualified but she wont get the job because america chooses can didate

Nnenna1:

I hope you find peace and rest of mind soon. You need it.
Re: World Bank Presidency: Who Takes The Day Okonjo Or Kim? by Nnenna1(f): 2:33pm On Apr 16, 2012
namfav: i have enough peace and rest of mind, people have to stop supporting someone just because they share ehtnicity, ones she wins she wont prioritise ibos or indeed nigeria, it is the world bank, no doubt noi is qualified but she wont get the job because america chooses can didate

You should follow your own advice too, in reverse. People should stop launching attacks against others because of tribe.

So you know she is more qualified, eh?
Re: World Bank Presidency: Who Takes The Day Okonjo Or Kim? by namfav(m): 2:37pm On Apr 16, 2012
no one is talking about her because she is ibo, stop being paranoid, people are saying she has no chance, which is true, her qualifications are not important now because the colombian was even more qualified than her, is she intelligent? is she qualified? yes
but since when is the world bank post about qualifications only? big questions

Nnenna1:

You should follow your own advice too, in reverse. People should launching attacks against others because of tribe.

So you know she is more qualified, eh?

Re: World Bank Presidency: Who Takes The Day Okonjo Or Kim? by Nnenna1(f): 2:37pm On Apr 16, 2012
LMAO from all indications it seems that many consider Igbos the arch-enemies of Hausa-Fulanis or something?

Nigeria....e go better sha.
Re: World Bank Presidency: Who Takes The Day Okonjo Or Kim? by dubem3(m): 2:38pm On Apr 16, 2012
namfav: that is the issue, if iweala wins nigeria problems will not be solved, i am not a fan of the world bank anyway, so whatever, i just saying as it is, iweala has no chance

you see,
thats what i've been trying to say
but maybe my deficiency in English is really doing me a bad turn.
go back and read what i said earlier on.
the only thing we are sur to gain is the fact that one of our
very own is there. it helps a little. it boosts our poor image
just a tad bit. and if she decides to work some things down here
by virtue of her position all the better.
you see,
tribalism and all these sectionalism is to nigeria what the knife is
to the cake...gradually cutting us in bits till we are so small
that its impossible to imagine we were so big.
hey man!!!
celebrate good and it can't help but come to you

2 Likes

Re: World Bank Presidency: Who Takes The Day Okonjo Or Kim? by abubaka101: 2:39pm On Apr 16, 2012
namfav: wolfowitz was a political scientist, the current president has a political background not an economic one, world bank does not do technocrats at the top, iweala has to get it in her skull, it is not the qualification, world bank even had a engineer as president

A Political scientist, aka sociologist or anthropologist. They all deal with human behaviour in relation to their environment. Is that part of the definition of Economics?
Politics is an area that uses business ideology/philosophy. Medicine does'nt.
Kim does'nt have the experience or technical know-how to control the World Bank. He'll just be there, surrounded by his U.S-employed aides, and they'll be the ones making the policies favouring the Americans and their European allies. He may just be a figure-head!
Re: World Bank Presidency: Who Takes The Day Okonjo Or Kim? by namfav(m): 2:40pm On Apr 16, 2012
you know as well as i do, if she wins
some people (you know them) will come here and profess their superiority, the same people saying that anyone not supporting her for being who she is is a tribalist

dubem3:

you see,
thats what i've been trying to say
but maybe my deficiency in English is really doing me a bad turn.
go back and read what i said earlier on.
the only thing we are sur to gain is the fact that one of our
very own is there. it helps a little. it boosts our poor image
just a tad bit. and if she decides to work some things down here
by virtue of her position all the better.
you see,
tribalism and all these sectionalism is to nigeria what the knife is
to the cake...gradually cutting us in bits till we are so small
that its impossible to imagine we were so big.
hey man!!!
celebrate good and it can't help but come to you
Re: World Bank Presidency: Who Takes The Day Okonjo Or Kim? by namfav(m): 2:41pm On Apr 16, 2012
very false

Nnenna1: LMAO from all indications it seems that many consider Igbos the arch-enemies of Hausa-Fulanis or something?

Nigeria....e go better sha.
Re: World Bank Presidency: Who Takes The Day Okonjo Or Kim? by Nobody: 2:44pm On Apr 16, 2012
namfav: no one is talking about her because she is ibo, stop being paranoid, people are saying she has no chance, which is true, her qualifications are not important now because the colombian was even more qualified than her, is she intelligent? is she qualified? yes
but since when is the world bank post about qualifications only? big questions

POST OF THE DAY!!

What's in there for Nigeria, if she wins? Absolutely nothing!!

How has Obama being black transformed the lives of AAs

I want her to win - so she can take her voodoo economics over there - but if she wins, she would be a better stooge to enslave Africa. It's a lose lose situation! I just hope she goes away forever - the woman is clueless and inarticulate, with all her so-called paper qualifications, and experience.

It's not a tribe nor nationality thing - it's about who has Nigeria and Nigerians' (the poor masses) interest at heart - and she has proved she's also part of the problem.

1 Like

Re: World Bank Presidency: Who Takes The Day Okonjo Or Kim? by Nobody: 2:46pm On Apr 16, 2012
Why must everything be about tribe with you guys?

**pukes on the thread and walks away**
Re: World Bank Presidency: Who Takes The Day Okonjo Or Kim? by Nnenna1(f): 2:54pm On Apr 16, 2012
shymmex: Why must everything be about tribe with you guys?

**pukes on the thread and walks away**

I am actually indifferent to Iweala winning this position - however your posting history as well as Namfav's shows that your conclusions are not as objective as you all proclaim.

80-90% of Namfav's posts for instance, are dedicated to attacking Igbos at every turn. Will it be unreasonable to conclude that he is applying tribal bias here? Look -he implicitly admitted it here in this post:

you know as well as i do, if she wins
some people (you know them) will come here and profess their superiority, the same people saying that anyone not supporting her for being who she is is a tribalist
Re: World Bank Presidency: Who Takes The Day Okonjo Or Kim? by Olaolufred(m): 2:58pm On Apr 16, 2012
Experience gives it to Iweala.
Politics and credibility gives it to Kim Yong Jim.
Which one do we sacrifice for the other?
A Chartered accountant who is a rogue, or a non-chartered who is reliable?
They are both qualified when viewed from a broader perspective.
The vote determines the winner.
Re: World Bank Presidency: Who Takes The Day Okonjo Or Kim? by namfav(m): 3:09pm On Apr 16, 2012
you are totally wrong and you know it

Nnenna1:

I am actually indifferent to Iweala winning this position - however your posting history as well as Namfav's shows that your conclusions are not as objective as you all proclaim.

80-90% of Namfav's posts for instance, are dedicated to attacking Igbos at every turn. Will it be unreasonable to conclude that he is applying tribal bias here? Look -he implicitly admitted it here in this post:

Re: World Bank Presidency: Who Takes The Day Okonjo Or Kim? by ebamma(m): 3:10pm On Apr 16, 2012
[quote author=Exponental][/quote]shut up there, u be her personal assistant,she no fit right naija economy na world own she go fit right.make she go hug transformer dia.she don chop fat like trailer im neva do am she wan until her belle burst
Re: World Bank Presidency: Who Takes The Day Okonjo Or Kim? by aryzgreat: 3:14pm On Apr 16, 2012
@ dubem, maybe u are new in NL, chk ds out

namfav: shes arrogant, did anyone see her on fareed zakaria? arrogant lady

She is ibo, don't be suprised.

again

namfav(m): 1 hour & 37 minutes
sadly she was parading her arrogance as nigerian, i was ashamed

airmark:

She is ibo, don't be suprised.
Re: World Bank Presidency: Who Takes The Day Okonjo Or Kim? by Nnenna1(f): 3:19pm On Apr 16, 2012
^^^Thank you.
Re: World Bank Presidency: Who Takes The Day Okonjo Or Kim? by Nobody: 3:20pm On Apr 16, 2012
Nnenna1:

How do you mean "your posting history?" Are you for real? When have I EVER attacked a qualified, and decent individual from a tribe, different form mine - who is vying for a job I may be guilty of throwing a couple of tribal tantrums in the past - but I had every right to do that back then, in context of what I was confronted with - when I first registered on this forum. I'm human, and I'm a arrogantly Yoruba - and you don't expect me to sit back - and allow people from a tribe, which is NOT superior to my tribe - in any way shape, or form - stereotype people from my tribe, based on innuendoes, and half-truths. Any ways, I have outgrown that now - and I know it's a norm on this forum.

As for NamFav, he has every right to critique Nigerian official because he's a tax payer - and as for using his antecedents to judge his comment - that's unfair. You're not a mind-reader neither am I - and only Namfav knows why he posted the comment, I believe Namfav has explained his comment.

You seem to be the one supporting the woman blindly, based on tribal sentiments.

Is Ngozi Iweala qualified for the post? YES..

But as a Nigerian, if you're being fair - you would know, this woman doesn't like the Nigerian masses - and her elitist programmes have proved that. I don't care about a Nigerian being the world bank president - what I care about is what's in it for Nigeria and Nigerians - and if her antecedents are anything to go by - we are DOOMED. I won't be surprised if she makes the present WEAK president implement another enslaving SAP programme - which will further impoverish the next four generations of Nigerians.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

List Of Names: 100 Nigerians For Us Entrepreneurship Training / Udom Emmanuel At The Opening Ceremony Of 42nd National Prayer Conference / Jonathan: There Will Be Credible Elections In 2023

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.