Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,941 members, 7,845,017 topics. Date: Thursday, 30 May 2024 at 11:22 AM

World Bank Presidency: Who Takes The Day Okonjo Or Kim? - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / World Bank Presidency: Who Takes The Day Okonjo Or Kim? (8392 Views)

African Development Bank Presidency: 5 Serving Ministers, 3 Others Contest / Buhari Endorses Akinwunmi Adesina For African Development Bank Presidency / World Bank Presidency: Obama Rejects Iweala Nominates Jim Yong Kim (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: World Bank Presidency: Who Takes The Day Okonjo Or Kim? by namfav(m): 3:22pm On Apr 16, 2012
yes, but i did not say that, someone respond to me after i said she is arrogant

Nnenna1: ^^^Thank you.
Re: World Bank Presidency: Who Takes The Day Okonjo Or Kim? by namfav(m): 3:24pm On Apr 16, 2012
well said

shymmex:

How do you mean "your posting history?" Are you for real? When have I EVER attacked a qualified, and decent individual from a tribe, different form mine - who is vying for a job I may be guilty of throwing a couple of tribal tantrums in the past - but I had every right to do that back then, in context of what I was confronted with - when I first registered on this forum. I'm human, and I'm a arrogantly Yoruba - and you don't expect me to sit back - and allow people from a tribe, which is NOT superior to my tribe - in any way shape, or form - stereotype people from my tribe, based on innuendoes, and half-truths. Any ways, I have outgrown that now - and I know it's a norm on this forum.

As for NamFav, he has every right to critique Nigerian official because he's a tax payer - and as for using his antecedents to judge his comment - that's unfair. You're not a mind-reader neither am I - and only Namfav knows why he posted the comment, I believe Namfav has explained his comment.

You seem to be the one supporting the woman blindly, based on tribal sentiments.

Is Ngozi Iweala qualified for the post? YES..

But as a Nigerian, if you're being fair - you would know, this woman doesn't like the Nigerian masses - and her elitist programmes have proved that. I don't care about a Nigerian being the world bank president - what I care about is what's in it for Nigeria and Nigerians - and if her antecedents are anything to go by - we are DOOMED. I won't be surprised if she makes the present WEAK president implement another enslaving SAP programme - which will further impoverish the next four generations of Nigerians.
Re: World Bank Presidency: Who Takes The Day Okonjo Or Kim? by Nobody: 3:31pm On Apr 16, 2012
Olaolufred: Experience gives it to Iweala.
Politics and credibility gives it to Kim Yong Jim.
Which one do we sacrifice for the other?
A Chartered accountant who is a rogue, or a [size=18pt]non-chartered who is reliable[/size]?
They are both qualified when viewed from a broader perspective.
The vote determines the winner.

She's nowhere near reliable. This woman took $16billion of our MONEY - to pay off a debt, we didn't owe in the first place. Thus, doing something NO SANE economist will NEVER do - she was a FAILURE then - and she's a FAILURE now. I don't care about her tribe, and the glamour that comes with being a figure head at the world bank. The woman is clueless, and she's SELFISH!!! She's inarticulate as well. I almost broke my TV screen after watching her interview on CNN during the fuel subsidy thing - I still can't believe how someone has publicized as her, could be so CLUELESS and INARTICULATE...

Just a took at the 2012 budget as well - this woman proposed a budget with 18% capital expenditure, and 72% recurrent expenditure - and you guys expect me as a Nigerian to be swayed by stupid, and idiotic national sentiments.. This woman is a proof that paper qualification does not prove intelligence - but just the ability to be able to regurgitate a linear thought process. She's not a critical thinker, and her analytical skills are subpar.
Re: World Bank Presidency: Who Takes The Day Okonjo Or Kim? by Afam4eva(m): 3:35pm On Apr 16, 2012
shymmex:

She's nowhere near reliable. This woman took $16billion of our MONEY - to pay off a debt, we didn't owe in the first place. Thus, doing something NO SANE economist will NEVER do - she was a FAILURE then - and she's a FAILURE now. I don't care about her tribe, and the glamour that comes with being a figure head at the world bank. The woman is clueless, and she's SELFISH!!! She's inarticulate as well. I almost broke my TV screen after watching her interview on CNN during the fuel subsidy thing - I still can't believe how someone has publicized as her, could be so CLUELESS and INARTICULATE...

Just a took at the 2012 budget as well - this woman proposed a budget with 18% capital expenditure, and 72% recurrent expenditure - and you guys expect me as a Nigerian to be swayed by stupid, and idiotic national sentiments.. This woman is a proof that paper qualification does not prove intelligence - but just the ability to be able to regurgitate a linear thought process. She's not a critical thinker, and her analytical skills are subpar.

It now turns out this woman is our president and this is her second tenure. Dude, use your brain and stop disgracing your family on here. How will she just take money to pay off a debt that was not owed and without the consent of the the president. Just tell us why you don't like her and stop this cock and bull story filled with tribalistic myopia.
Re: World Bank Presidency: Who Takes The Day Okonjo Or Kim? by Nobody: 3:47pm On Apr 16, 2012
afam4eva:
It now turns out this woman is our president and this is her second tenure. Dude, use your brain and stop disgracing your family on here. How will she just take money to pay off a debt that was not owed and without the consent of the the president. Just tell us why you don't like her and stop this cock and bull story filled with tribalistic myopia.

That's the problem with you guys - with your "US AGAINST THEM" mentality - yet you wonder why a lot of Nigerians don't like you guys.

Let me ask you a couple of questions and I need honest answers...

Whose brainchild was the debt payment??

Who claimed the pseudo-glory after it was paid?

Whose brainchild was the fuel subsidy removal?

Keep living in denial, Afam. You need to broaden your horizon - and stop viewing everything from the tribal mantra. Even cap28 and Igbo2011 - who're unrepentantly Igbos share the same sentiments....
Re: World Bank Presidency: Who Takes The Day Okonjo Or Kim? by bodejohn(m): 4:56pm On Apr 16, 2012
@ all,
When will the winner be announced today, can't wait to get this behind.
Re: World Bank Presidency: Who Takes The Day Okonjo Or Kim? by cap28: 5:02pm On Apr 16, 2012
shymmex:

That's the problem with you guys - with your "US AGAINST THEM" mentality - yet you wonder why a lot of Nigerians don't like you guys.

Let me ask you a couple of questions and I need honest answers...

Whose brainchild was the debt payment??

Who claimed the pseudo-glory after it was paid?

Whose brainchild was the fuel subsidy removal?

Keep living in denial, Afam. You need to broaden your horizon - and stop viewing everything from the tribal mantra. Even cap28 and Igbo2011 - who're unrepentantly Igbos share the same sentiments...
Hey bro ur one hundred percent spot on with ur comments abt traitor and sell out okonjo iweala bt u see 99% of nigerians do nt read useful bks tht will help them undrstnd the wrld they r livg in thts why at the mere mention of okonjo iweala harvard and world bank they start bowing and scraping like a bunch of brainless fools - josef stiglitz a renowned americn economist described the world bank and imf as being full of half baked econmists why wld he say that? Have any of these pathetic sycophnts who keep singing her praises stopped to ask themselvs wht her achvmnts hve been for nigeria since she was imposed on us by america- as u correctly pointed out her along wth obasanjo facilitated the biggst trnsfr of wealth frm a third world cntry into the coffers of a grp of internatnl criminal banks all in the name of settlng a debt whch had already been paid ovr and ovr, this is why wen these banks tried the same scam on buhari he demanded a moratorium and a subseqnt cancelltn bt this incompetent fool of a woman along wth equally hopeless obasanjo agreed to pay a whopping $12 billion before the ridiclous negotiatns evn starte! And this is the woman sum nigerians r busy worshippng! Wht r her achvmnts? Let me hear u say jackshit! Unless u call lowering the already abysmal std of lvg of nigerians an achvmnt. Nigerians r going to find out the hard way tht this woman is nthg more thn an enforcer for washingtn and london,like the dutiful slave tht she is she will reduce nigerians to the kind of poverty tht will leave them wth no choice bt to revolt-this not the end she still has more goodies in store for all of u. The nigerian elite knw tht most nigerians r daft so usually wen they wnt to implement these draconian policies they play different tribes off against each in oder to divrt attention away frm the misery they are imposing on their own pple. Bros keep spkg the truth we r nt all fools.
Re: World Bank Presidency: Who Takes The Day Okonjo Or Kim? by ideylaff: 5:14pm On Apr 16, 2012
Okonjo misses out on WB Dream role as head
Re: World Bank Presidency: Who Takes The Day Okonjo Or Kim? by dasparrow: 5:16pm On Apr 16, 2012
cap28:
Hey bro ur one hundred percent spot on with ur comments abt traitor and sell out okonjo iweala bt u see 99% of nigerians do nt read useful bks tht will help them undrstnd the wrld they r livg in thts why at the mere mention of okonjo iweala harvard and world bank they start bowing and scraping like a bunch of brainless fools - josef stiglitz a renowned americn economist described the world bank and imf as being full of half baked econmists why wld he say that? Have any of these pathetic sycophnts who keep singing her praises stopped to ask themselvs wht her achvmnts hve been for nigeria since she was imposed on us by america- as u correctly pointed out her along wth obasanjo facilitated the biggst trnsfr of wealth frm a third world cntry into the coffers of a grp of internatnl criminal banks all in the name of settlng a debt whch had already been paid ovr and ovr, this is why wen these banks tried the same scam on buhari he demanded a moratorium and a subseqnt cancelltn bt this incompetent fool of a woman along wth equally hopeless obasanjo agreed to pay a whopping $12 billion before the ridiclous negotiatns evn starte! And this is the woman sum nigerians r busy worshippng! Wht r her achvmnts? Let me hear u say jackshit! Unless u call lowering the already abysmal std of lvg of nigerians an achvmnt. Nigerians r going to find out the hard way tht this woman is nthg more thn an enforcer for washingtn and london,like the dutiful slave tht she is she will reduce nigerians to the kind of poverty tht will leave them wth no choice bt to revolt-this not the end she still has more goodies in store for all of u. The nigerian elite knw tht most nigerians r daft so usually wen they wnt to implement these draconian policies they play different tribes off against each in oder to divrt attention away frm the misery they are imposing on their own pple. Bros keep spkg the truth we r nt all fools.

Well said! I have always wondered myself what Nigeria will benefit if she (NOI) were to be given the post. She will just sell us out again to the west like they (Nigerian leaders) usually do.
Re: World Bank Presidency: Who Takes The Day Okonjo Or Kim? by cap28: 5:49pm On Apr 16, 2012
Unpatriotic - she demanded tht the nigrn govt pay her salary in dollrs rathr than naira
Greedy -she awarded a fifty million dollr cntrct to her brothr who had been languishng away in america doing nthg, she also recvd a cut frm tht debt forgiveness scam she did wth obasanjo

Incompetent -transfrd billions of nigerias foreign reserves to a grp of european banking gangsters
Cowardly and subservient -didnt hve the guts tochallenge christine lagarde of the imf wen tht one ordered her and goodluck to hike up the price of petrol - cld she dare implement sap policies in the cntry of her masters? Aftr all america is running a natnl debt of fifteen trillion dollars
Re: World Bank Presidency: Who Takes The Day Okonjo Or Kim? by yinchar(m): 6:09pm On Apr 16, 2012
[b]BREAKING: World Bank chooses U.S. nominee Kim as its new president | http://bloomberg.com[/size][size=8pt][size=8pt][/size]/b]
Re: World Bank Presidency: Who Takes The Day Okonjo Or Kim? by kayusbrown(m): 6:19pm On Apr 16, 2012
Re: World Bank Presidency: Who Takes The Day Okonjo Or Kim? by namfav(m): 6:20pm On Apr 16, 2012
i said she stand no chance and i called a tribalist lol, but guess what, obama is another tribalist
Re: World Bank Presidency: Who Takes The Day Okonjo Or Kim? by igbo2011(m): 6:28pm On Apr 16, 2012
yinchar: [b]BREAKING: World Bank chooses U.S. nominee Kim as its new president | http://bloomberg.com[/size][size=8pt][size=8pt][/size]/b]

This is good becausse of Ngozi won then Africans would gain hope but at the end of the day, she would let us down as most of these leaders do. She won't serve our interests.
Re: World Bank Presidency: Who Takes The Day Okonjo Or Kim? by Kobojunkie: 6:43pm On Apr 16, 2012
Nnenna1:

[size=14pt]I am actually indifferent to Iweala winning this position[/size] - however your posting history as well as Namfav's shows that your conclusions are not as objective as you all proclaim.

80-90% of Namfav's posts for instance, are dedicated to attacking Igbos at every turn. Will it be unreasonable to conclude that he is applying tribal bias here? Look -he implicitly admitted it here in this post:

What a BIG LIE . . . . . grin grin grin grin grin
Re: World Bank Presidency: Who Takes The Day Okonjo Or Kim? by Afam4eva(m): 7:09pm On Apr 16, 2012
Finally, Kim Kardasian takes it. I hope they're happy with their US world bank. I think developing countries should withdraw from this scam called "world" bank and create a new bank for developing countries. African countries should also look towards the African development bank.
Re: World Bank Presidency: Who Takes The Day Okonjo Or Kim? by Rheinmetal(m): 7:11pm On Apr 16, 2012
At last America's stranglehold on the World Bank presidency is unbroken.

NOI's rejection is a clear case of nepotism and a mockey of the same meritocracy that these western nations claim to have built their civilisation on. Alas America always look to their own and poor Ngozi got cast to the kerb. The moral of the story is that NOI despite her vaunted qualifications was passed over by same institution she had served meritoriously sometimes to the detriment of the interests of her people. For her a harsh lesson in loyalty, she would be wont to serve as a footnote in this scam of a "selection" process and a reminder of the hypocrisy of the west. And for Dr. Kim, he will remain the face of this hypocrisy- at least until he could prove his mettle as a worthy choice for the plum post.
Re: World Bank Presidency: Who Takes The Day Okonjo Or Kim? by kokoA(m): 7:54pm On Apr 16, 2012
afam4eva: Finally, Kim Kardasian takes it. I hope they're happy with their US world bank. I think developing countries should withdraw from this scam called "world" bank and create a new bank for developing countries. African countries should also look towards the African development bank.
haahhhhhahhaha. Developing countries should withdraw from world bank because NOI lost? You make me laugh.. Who needs the world bank more?
Re: World Bank Presidency: Who Takes The Day Okonjo Or Kim? by Nnenna1(f): 9:11pm On Apr 16, 2012
@Namfav and Shymmex,

As I said, based on both of you's posting history there is BIG lack of objectivity as far as anything Igbo is concerned and I stand by it. That I am not too concerned about the world bank presidency and who wins it does not mean that I don't know when people use covert means to thrash Igbos using individuals as bait. Don't use Black power or pan-africanism here when you are from being examples yourselves.

I see that kobojunkie still has a thing for quoting me :/
Re: World Bank Presidency: Who Takes The Day Okonjo Or Kim? by Nobody: 9:23pm On Apr 16, 2012
Nnenna1: @Namfav and Shymmex,

As I said, based on both of you's posting history there is BIG lack of objectivity as far as anything Igbo is concerned and I stand by it. That I am not too concerned about the world bank presidency and who wins it does not mean that I don't know when people use covert means to thrash Igbos using individuals as bait. Don't use Black power or pan-africanism here when you are from being examples yourselves.

Keep living in denial - I can see through you. A subtle tribalist like you is more dangerous, than an open one. I know who you are now.
Re: World Bank Presidency: Who Takes The Day Okonjo Or Kim? by Nnenna1(f): 9:29pm On Apr 16, 2012
shymmex:

Keep living in denial - I can see through you. A subtle tribalist like you is more dangerous, than an open one. I know who you are now.

See through me however you want, brother. At least I called you out.
Re: World Bank Presidency: Who Takes The Day Okonjo Or Kim? by Kobojunkie: 9:38pm On Apr 16, 2012
ROFLMAO!!!
Re: World Bank Presidency: Who Takes The Day Okonjo Or Kim? by Nnenna1(f): 9:40pm On Apr 16, 2012
Sigh at the above....

Oh well.
Re: World Bank Presidency: Who Takes The Day Okonjo Or Kim? by Nobody: 10:36pm On Apr 16, 2012
Nnenna1:
See through me however you want, brother. At least I called you out.

You didn't call me out, you exposed yourself and your insecurities. undecided
Re: World Bank Presidency: Who Takes The Day Okonjo Or Kim? by Nnenna1(f): 10:38pm On Apr 16, 2012
Re: World Bank Presidency: Who Takes The Day Okonjo Or Kim? by Nobody: 10:42pm On Apr 16, 2012
Nnenna1:
Sigh...Suit yourself. I'm done anyway.

Good luck.
Re: World Bank Presidency: Who Takes The Day Okonjo Or Kim? by namfav(m): 7:39am On Apr 17, 2012
shocked someone is very angry that noi lost, relax i guess you cried the whole day grin

Nnenna1: @Namfav and Shymmex,

Re: World Bank Presidency: Who Takes The Day Okonjo Or Kim? by Watchit1: 12:43pm On Apr 17, 2012
[b][b]
cap28: Unpatriotic - she demanded tht the nigrn govt pay her salary in dollrs rathr than naira
Greedy -she awarded a fifty million dollr cntrct to her brothr who had been languishng away in america doing nthg, she also recvd a cut frm tht debt forgiveness scam she did wth obasanjo

Incompetent -transfrd billions of nigerias foreign reserves to a grp of european banking gangsters
Cowardly and subservient -didnt hve the guts tochallenge christine lagarde of the imf wen tht one ordered her and goodluck to hike up the price of petrol - cld she dare implement sap policies in the cntry of her masters? Aftr all america is running a natnl debt of fifteen trillion dollars
[quo[quote author=cap28]Unpatriotic - she demanded tht the nigrn govt pay her salary in dollrs rathr than naira

I think Nigerian (We) should stop deceiving ourselves hiding under the disguise of patriotism, and look at issue on merit as it matches and as stipulated for different cases and cadre,

Below World bank president we can be talking of expertise, paper qualification and years of experience but at the top and

World bank President you got to have the gut, the political will and back log of achievement and selfless services that can only cumulate to trust

Who has the above more between Kim and NOI, See the success of what Kim as done to his adopted country and the world at large in the area of his attendance, compare with NOI success within her country and area of her attendance,
Who could be trusted more, because this is more or less an issue of trust,

And Who suffer or loose more if perhaps the organisation fail and loose their share, - Ah let stop trying to be smarts
Re: World Bank Presidency: Who Takes The Day Okonjo Or Kim? by Watchit1: 12:43pm On Apr 17, 2012
[b][b]
cap28: Unpatriotic - she demanded tht the nigrn govt pay her salary in dollrs rathr than naira

[quo[quote author=cap28]Unpatriotic - she demanded tht the nigrn govt pay her salary in dollrs rathr than naira

I think Nigerian (We) should stop deceiving ourselves hiding under the disguise of patriotism, and look at issue on merit as it matches and as stipulated for different cases and cadre,

Below World bank president we can be talking of expertise, paper qualification and years of experience but at the top and

World bank President you got to have the gut, the political will and back log of achievement and selfless services that can only cumulate to trust

Who has the above more between Kim and NOI, See the success of what Kim as done to his adopted country and the world at large in the area of his attendance, compare with NOI success within her country and area of her attendance,
Who could be trusted more, because this is more or less an issue of trust,

And Who suffer or loose more if perhaps the organisation fail and loose their share, - Ah let stop trying to be smarts
Re: World Bank Presidency: Who Takes The Day Okonjo Or Kim? by Istillfuckyou: 7:19pm On Aug 05, 2014
airmark:

She is ibo, don't be suprised.
bastard!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Aregbesola Declares Free Train Ride For Sallah Celebration / 2015 Presidential Election - Final Prediction / Amaechi Accuses Finance Ministry Of Frustrating $200m Cabotage Fund Disbursement

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.