Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,658 members, 7,827,423 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 11:47 AM

World Bank Presidency: Who Takes The Day Okonjo Or Kim? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / World Bank Presidency: Who Takes The Day Okonjo Or Kim? (8386 Views)

African Development Bank Presidency: 5 Serving Ministers, 3 Others Contest / Buhari Endorses Akinwunmi Adesina For African Development Bank Presidency / World Bank Presidency: Obama Rejects Iweala Nominates Jim Yong Kim (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: World Bank Presidency: Who Takes The Day Okonjo Or Kim? by Demdem(m): 11:45am On Apr 16, 2012
No brainer.................kim
Re: World Bank Presidency: Who Takes The Day Okonjo Or Kim? by kokoA(m): 11:46am On Apr 16, 2012
Who gives a rat asz about world bank presidency? The united state contributes the largest share to world bank's funding, how much does Naija contribute that we want to run the danm organization? Lets be factual and address issues objectively.
Re: World Bank Presidency: Who Takes The Day Okonjo Or Kim? by emsquare(m): 11:46am On Apr 16, 2012
supereagle: America and the super powers should manipulates the election to favour Jim Yong Kim.

Hmmmm!
Re: World Bank Presidency: Who Takes The Day Okonjo Or Kim? by iGuru1(m): 11:47am On Apr 16, 2012
Pls vote for naija, she still remains our person.
Re: World Bank Presidency: Who Takes The Day Okonjo Or Kim? by Demdem(m): 11:51am On Apr 16, 2012
i-Guru:
Pls vote for naija, she still remains our person.

Do u think u are talking to Nigerians that voted for GEJ and not PDP because retardeen na our man. Wake up, Nigerians arent voting.
Re: World Bank Presidency: Who Takes The Day Okonjo Or Kim? by Nobody: 11:57am On Apr 16, 2012
freshera: Abegi, I no like am jare. That subsidy issue changed my mind. Economics should be humane and not just about facts and figures.

I fear for Naija if she enters cos all she will be speaking will be facts and it's the poor that will suffer.

With all her brains, she couldn't speak strongly for 24hr electricity all these years yet she almost laid down her life for fuel subsidy removal.
Sometimes sentiment and unneceessary tribalism becloud genuine sense of reason from tribalist like you. NOI,is not the president of Nigeria but a finance minister whose function of office is to formulate and regulate policies and programme that would increase the overall living conditions of the country through a coordinated economic growth comparable to external economic imperialist who controls world economy. Nigerian economic is largely consumption based rather than production economic and for the economy to substaintially stay affloat amidst world economic recessions,a good economist would ideally implement cogent economic programms to counter the effect of growing inflations. Much of these measures might seem elitest but thats what need to be done not to bring the government into borrowing thus devaluing the currency which leads to high interest rate then impacting inflation on the economy. Another important role of NOI is to advice the president on economic matters as she is answerable to the president alone and not Nigerians as obtained in a presidential democratic system. I think she has really excel since coming into the government with her economic ideals and models. Let support our own other than playing sectional politics that kills collective responsibility
Re: World Bank Presidency: Who Takes The Day Okonjo Or Kim? by otokx(m): 12:06pm On Apr 16, 2012
At least she made an attempt though it appears to be a futile one.
Re: World Bank Presidency: Who Takes The Day Okonjo Or Kim? by mrperfect(m): 12:10pm On Apr 16, 2012
Let the best carry the vote.
Re: World Bank Presidency: Who Takes The Day Okonjo Or Kim? by ibrash600: 12:10pm On Apr 16, 2012
[color=#006600][/color] am speechless.....all da best
Re: World Bank Presidency: Who Takes The Day Okonjo Or Kim? by Nobody: 12:14pm On Apr 16, 2012
Demdem:

Do u think u are talking to Nigerians that voted for GEJ and not PDP because retardeen na our man. Wake up, Nigerians arent voting.

Lmao. . .the guy no know nah.You for explain to am. grin
Re: World Bank Presidency: Who Takes The Day Okonjo Or Kim? by Ikedionyeka: 12:16pm On Apr 16, 2012
Nigerians,must not win,let them go and develop nigerians first, by de great abatete ,hacker
Re: World Bank Presidency: Who Takes The Day Okonjo Or Kim? by AZeD1(m): 12:16pm On Apr 16, 2012
If she win we no go get light if she no win we no go get light so wetin be my own?
Re: World Bank Presidency: Who Takes The Day Okonjo Or Kim? by AZeD1(m): 12:19pm On Apr 16, 2012
On a more serious note, people say she is more qualified than Kim which is true at least on paper but WHAT HAS SHE DONE both as world bank MD and Minister of finance for Nigeria.
Can anybody tell me her results as minister both in the Obj era and now...
Re: World Bank Presidency: Who Takes The Day Okonjo Or Kim? by ariy(m): 12:26pm On Apr 16, 2012
lol...

she have to finish the fuel subsidy program she started before go anywhere. she cant leave us in the middle of the program and headed to World bank.
Re: World Bank Presidency: Who Takes The Day Okonjo Or Kim? by dubem3(m): 12:28pm On Apr 16, 2012
kokoA: Who gives a rat asz about world bank presidency? The united state contributes the largest share to world bank's funding, how much does Naija contribute that we want to run the danm organization? Lets be factual and address issues objectively.

Maybe the election should just be between selected
citizens of the US instead of bringing people together
just to make fun of them. Anybody that qualifies to
contest has a right to win. kaji?
Re: World Bank Presidency: Who Takes The Day Okonjo Or Kim? by Nobody: 12:32pm On Apr 16, 2012
A-ZeD:
On a more serious note, people say she is more qualified than Kim which is true at least on paper but WHAT HAS SHE DONE both as world bank MD and Minister of finance for Nigeria.

She brought the policy of removal of petrol subsidy which has made life miserable for many Nigerians.
Re: World Bank Presidency: Who Takes The Day Okonjo Or Kim? by Afam4eva(m): 12:36pm On Apr 16, 2012
A-ZeD:

No be person wey know the function of world bank MD go know wetin she don do? Now, what's the function of the MD of the world bank?
Re: World Bank Presidency: Who Takes The Day Okonjo Or Kim? by Nobody: 12:41pm On Apr 16, 2012
afam4eva:

No be person wey know the function of world bank MD go know wetin she don do? Now, what's the function of the MD of the world bank?

This is about what favours US interests in the international circle not necessarily because ngozi is good for the job or not.
Re: World Bank Presidency: Who Takes The Day Okonjo Or Kim? by Afam4eva(m): 12:45pm On Apr 16, 2012
~Bluetooth:

This is about what favours US interests in the international circle not necessarily because ngozi is good for the job or not.

Of course. But Ngozi is the most qualified to take up the job at this moment. Even Obama can't beat her if it were based on merit.
Re: World Bank Presidency: Who Takes The Day Okonjo Or Kim? by Nobody: 12:47pm On Apr 16, 2012
afam4eva:

Of course. But Ngozi is the most qualified to take up the job at this moment. Even Obama can't beat her if it were based on merit.
So of what use is being qualified for something when the majority do not want you ?
Re: World Bank Presidency: Who Takes The Day Okonjo Or Kim? by lookmangiw(m): 12:53pm On Apr 16, 2012
What has she done for this country to deserve the post of a world bank president. Tell me any of our economic policies that have achieved the desired result for this country. Even the foreign debt wey she go pay back don return back to the level it was before.
Re: World Bank Presidency: Who Takes The Day Okonjo Or Kim? by Paultue: 12:59pm On Apr 16, 2012
Sometimes sentiment and unneceessary tribalism becloud genuine sense of reason from tribalist like you. NOI,is not the president of Nigeria but a finance minister whose function of office is to formulate and regulate policies and programme that would increase the overall living conditions of the country through a coordinated economic growth comparable to external economic imperialist who controls world economy. Nigerian economic is largely consumption based rather than production economic and for the economy to substaintially stay affloat amidst world economic recessions,a good economist would ideally implement cogent economic programms to counter the effect of growing inflations. Much of these measures might seem elitest but thats what need to be done not to bring the government into borrowing thus devaluing the currency which leads to high interest rate then impacting inflation on the economy. Another important role of NOI is to advice the president on economic matters as she is answerable to the president alone and not Nigerians as obtained in a presidential democratic system. I think she has really excel since coming into the government with her economic ideals and models. Let support our own other than playing sectional politics that kills collective responsibility[/quote

Thank you very very very much!!!
Re: World Bank Presidency: Who Takes The Day Okonjo Or Kim? by kokoA(m): 12:59pm On Apr 16, 2012
dubem3:

Maybe the election should just be between selected
citizens of the US instead of bringing people together
just to make fun of them. Anybody that qualifies to
contest has a right to win. kaji?
the US did not invite anybody to contest the seat with them. It was the emergin economies of the world that wanted the status quo to change and the US gladly accepted so why are Nigerians complaining now? It is an election not an appointment so the person with the highest support will win. Nobody gives a danm about credentials in an election. Even GEJ knows that when he said he knows he wasn't the best candidate for the job in the last election but 'God' made him win.
Re: World Bank Presidency: Who Takes The Day Okonjo Or Kim? by Jimbaz7(m): 1:00pm On Apr 16, 2012
I don't think America anD Europe will allow the best person for the job to be there. Let's watch out.
Re: World Bank Presidency: Who Takes The Day Okonjo Or Kim? by namfav(m): 1:00pm On Apr 16, 2012
shes arrogant, did anyone see her on fareed zakaria? arrogant lady
Re: World Bank Presidency: Who Takes The Day Okonjo Or Kim? by Demdem(m): 1:03pm On Apr 16, 2012
i keep on hearing she is qualified, she is qualified. honestly i dont think so

Farouk lawan : What is the balance in the subsidy accounts?
Diezieni: Its a virtual account
NNPC: There is no account in existence as the lay man will look at it
PPPRA: The account is a technical one
CBN: There is no account with us for subsidy
OKONJO: The account exists but not with a bank shocked shocked shocked

The day she opened up her puff-puff mouth to declare that its not in Nigerian interest to build refineries was the day she lost her respect from me.
Re: World Bank Presidency: Who Takes The Day Okonjo Or Kim? by airmark(m): 1:08pm On Apr 16, 2012
namfav: shes arrogant, did anyone see her on fareed zakaria? arrogant lady

She is ibo, don't be suprised.
Re: World Bank Presidency: Who Takes The Day Okonjo Or Kim? by dubem3(m): 1:17pm On Apr 16, 2012
kokoA: the US did not invite anybody to contest the seat with them. It was the emergin economies of the world that wanted the status quo to change and the US gladly accepted so why are Nigerians complaining now? It is an election not an appointment so the person with the highest support will win. Nobody gives a danm about credentials in an election. Even GEJ knows that when he said he knows he wasn't the best candidate for the job in the last election but 'God' made him win.

the world bank does not belong to any one country or person.
the US just happens (if its even still true)to be the deepest pocket.
if in the first place am never gonna win an election,all am saying is
that i shouldn't be able to contest cos if i am then i expect to win.
talking about the US not asking anybody to come contest with 'em,
(guy na wa for you oh)na their papa get the bank?
there is a saying where i come from,that the man who raises no
objection is in agreement.
so if they were in agreement, let the best man win.
he who the cap fits should wear it.

It non of our freaking business (like some peeps are saying)
of what interest her being there is gonna be to us.
just wish her well.
she is our daughter and her well being/success should be our concern.
if she in turn feels that she owes us the duty of bringing some good
with her position back home, that will be soooo good.
if she feels she owes us nothing and that we contributed nothing to her,
its her life and you gotta let her live it.
Re: World Bank Presidency: Who Takes The Day Okonjo Or Kim? by namfav(m): 1:29pm On Apr 16, 2012
sadly she was parading her arrogance as nigerian, i was ashamed

airmark:

She is ibo, don't be suprised.
Re: World Bank Presidency: Who Takes The Day Okonjo Or Kim? by dubem3(m): 1:43pm On Apr 16, 2012
namfav: sadly she was parading her arrogance as nigerian, i was ashamed

remind me, whats wrong with being a nigerian?
Re: World Bank Presidency: Who Takes The Day Okonjo Or Kim? by aryzgreat: 1:46pm On Apr 16, 2012
namfaz^^^^

unfortunately she is not ur hausa women in puddah who can neva get half of ngozi's credential, i understand ur jealousy!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

FG To Create Automobile Clusters In Lagos, Nnewi, Kano / According To Prof. Wole Soyinka: "Only Four Sets Of People Can Vote For The PDP" / PDP Councilor Nabbed Buying Pvcs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.