Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,237 members, 7,825,919 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 06:25 AM

Will Eko Atlantic City Be The Most Beautiful City In Africa After Completion? - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Will Eko Atlantic City Be The Most Beautiful City In Africa After Completion? (59522 Views)

First Building On Eko Atlantic City Ready In 24 Months / Can A City Be Commercial And Serene In Nigeria? / First Eko Atlantic City Skyscraper Is Under Construction. Eko Pearl. Model Pic. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Will Eko Atlantic City Be The Most Beautiful City In Africa After Completion? by Beaf: 3:08pm On Apr 18, 2012
babaowo: moderators! How can someone view those posts that has been hidden?

Lol! See dis man!
You wanna see the blood and gore that was spilt here? grin

@topic
It will take decades to build, so will likely not look like anything in the pics.
Will it be beautiful though? It has promise.
Re: Will Eko Atlantic City Be The Most Beautiful City In Africa After Completion? by occam(m): 3:11pm On Apr 18, 2012
The Defender: What will be the status of this beautiful proposed city (Eko Atlantic City) in africa and the world in general after completion:
Will it be the most beautiful city in africa?
Will it boost the economy of Lagos to be the greatest in africa?
Will it be a tourist attraction for the world in africa?
Will it change the look of Lagos and Nigeria as a whole? and so many more.
Please share your view about it.

Will it be the most beautiful city in africa? Definitely not. Will have to beat Capetown and Alexandria, Egypt. Fly over Lagos and you'll see one most ugly sight; Eko Atlantic will not change that. Th artistic rendition looks cool, but wait till it's completed
Will it boost the economy of Lagos to be the greatest in africa? We are building castles in the skies while the foundation is full of sewer and gutter. It provides more low paying service jobs, waiters, bar maids, taxi drivers etc. Are these the kind of jobs that will drive economic growth?
Will it be a tourist attraction for the world in africa? African kleptocrats and "Money miss road types" will visit; that's it. Tourist flock to India every year. Why? It's safe, has great hotels, historic sites and the culture of hospitality is superb. Who wants to deal with the nuisance elements of Lagos(agberos, policemen, custom officers)
Will it change the look of Lagos and Nigeria as a whole? and so many more. NOPE. The shanty and derelict areas of Egbeda, Okokomaiko, Ajegunle, Makoko, Alagbado, Ojuelegba, etc will still be there. Also, the ugly towns outside Lagos are not going anywhere.
Re: Will Eko Atlantic City Be The Most Beautiful City In Africa After Completion? by cashmentor(m): 3:12pm On Apr 18, 2012
its better the way it is! Just wish some folks here could be ban, exile and deactivated for all i care! Always spoiling a nice Meal with their pawpaw and Garri Mentality!
Re: Will Eko Atlantic City Be The Most Beautiful City In Africa After Completion? by Nobody: 3:15pm On Apr 18, 2012
whenever I hear news about bokoharam or other bad things in Nigeria, I normally
watch eko video to console my disappointment in Nigeria. This really a good project.
Pls can one use gps when travelling in the city of lagos? jst asking
Re: Will Eko Atlantic City Be The Most Beautiful City In Africa After Completion? by Tintinix: 3:17pm On Apr 18, 2012
What I take out of the banter between Beaf, Gbawe and co is the need for innocent and real potential investors to be very cautious.
I dont think this forum would be the safest way to get reliable information on what and how to implemement your real estate investments.
Re: Will Eko Atlantic City Be The Most Beautiful City In Africa After Completion? by EkoIle1: 3:26pm On Apr 18, 2012
occam:

Will it be the most beautiful city in africa? Definitely not. Will have to beat Capetown and Alexandria, Egypt. Fly over Lagos and you'll see one most ugly sight; Eko Atlantic will not change that. Th artistic rendition looks cool, but wait till it's completed
Will it boost the economy of Lagos to be the greatest in africa? We are building castles in the skies while the foundation is full of sewer and gutter. It provides more low paying service jobs, waiters, bar maids, taxi drivers etc. Are these the kind of jobs that will drive economic growth?
Will it be a tourist attraction for the world in africa? African kleptocrats and "Money miss road types" will visit; that's it. Tourist flock to India every year. Why? It's safe, has great hotels, historic sites and the culture of hospitality is superb. Who wants to deal with the nuisance elements of Lagos(agberos, policemen, custom officers)
Will it change the look of Lagos and Nigeria as a whole? and so many more. NOPE. The shanty and derelict areas of Egbeda, Okokomaiko, Ajegunle, Makoko, Alagbado, Ojuelegba, etc will still be there. Also, the ugly towns outside Lagos are not going anywhere.

Unfortunately for you and your sad and self defeatist rant, the folks staking billions of dollars on this project are world class investors with market and economic potential analysis.

Tons of other world class hospitality giants like Hilton, Sheraton, Four points, Radison, Intercontinental and many fore are not only flocking in , they are jostling for the next available land to set up shop on.

People like you are of course free to keep swimming in your backwardness and negativity, but it's forward ever and backward never for Lagos state.

What's next? They don't have ghettos, slums and shanty towns in SA?
Re: Will Eko Atlantic City Be The Most Beautiful City In Africa After Completion? by Demdem(m): 3:53pm On Apr 18, 2012

SUMMARY: Beaf's Stupidity was exposed
Re: Will Eko Atlantic City Be The Most Beautiful City In Africa After Completion? by EkoIle1: 4:11pm On Apr 18, 2012
I still don't know why Gbawe go back and forth with that character. What's there to gain or prove? I go into many threads on NR and I end up asking myself why he let that character take over many promising threads just by paying attention to that character's warped posts.

I know you are trying to impart knowledge, but know ledge is not for everybody and it's not necessarily what they are seeking especially when the goal is to derail and render threads worthless. It's not worth it.

Leave that character alone.
Re: Will Eko Atlantic City Be The Most Beautiful City In Africa After Completion? by Gbawe: 4:15pm On Apr 18, 2012
Demdem:

SUMMARY: Beaf's Stupidity was exposed

My brother, the mods just saved his azz. I just don't know why they keep doing that. It must be a pity thing after the suffering of Beaf becomes too much to bear for them. I had just prepared an uppercut reply to knock out all his front teeth and expose him as an empty barrel vacuously trying to squre up to other who know exactly what they are talking about.

Imagine the scammer does not even know the meaning of "releasing equity".
Re: Will Eko Atlantic City Be The Most Beautiful City In Africa After Completion? by Gbawe: 4:17pm On Apr 18, 2012
Eko Ile: I still don't know why Gbawe go back and forth with that character. What's there to gain or prove? I go into many threads on NR and I end up asking myself why he let that character take over many promising threads just by paying attention to that character's warped posts.

I know you are trying to impart knowledge, but know ledge is not for everybody and it's not necessarily what they are seeking especially when the goal is to derail and render threads worthless. It's not worth it.

Leave that character alone.

My brother, like I told you before, the chance to ridicule the fool is sometimes too tempting to ignore. Anyway, for the sake of not allowing the slowpoke to derail good threads in future I will follow the saying "silence is the best answer for a fool".
Re: Will Eko Atlantic City Be The Most Beautiful City In Africa After Completion? by veraponpo(m): 4:18pm On Apr 18, 2012
I really like the depth of reasoning of our amiable gov-Fashola. He is really doing well. Kudos.

1 Like

Re: Will Eko Atlantic City Be The Most Beautiful City In Africa After Completion? by Kobojunkie: 4:22pm On Apr 18, 2012
OAM4J: @ALL

No more off topic please

Will it be the most beautiful city in africa? - Most likely
Will it boost the economy of Lagos to be the greatest in africa? - Very Likely
Will it be a tourist attraction for the world in africa? - Certainly Yes
Will it change the look of Lagos and Nigeria as a whole? - It's changing the look already

You @Moderators should really get your acts right. So you decide all of a sudden that you now want all to focus on just the topic, really? Aren't you like so many years late for that? undecided undecided undecided undecided

And why on this thread alone? I don't see the same GONG-HO attitude from you on other threads.

1 Like

Re: Will Eko Atlantic City Be The Most Beautiful City In Africa After Completion? by Nobody: 4:25pm On Apr 18, 2012
Hahahaha I cant believe that modern Lagosians are being deceived by this OYIBO brainwashing Pictures, By the time AGBEROS invade the place it will turn to Mushin grin grin grin
Re: Will Eko Atlantic City Be The Most Beautiful City In Africa After Completion? by Gbawe: 4:26pm On Apr 18, 2012
Eko Ile:

Unfortunately for you and your sad and self defeatist rant, the folks staking billions of dollars on this project are world class investors with market and economic potential analysis.

Tons of other world class hospitality giants like Hilton, Sheraton, Four points, Radison, Intercontinental and many fore are not only flocking in , they are jostling for the next available land to set up shop on.

People like you are of course free to keep swimming in your backwardness and negativity, but it's forward ever and backward never for Lagos state.

This is why it is imperative to consider ownership there if one can raise the finance by planning ahead. The palms for example, in Dubai, has seen the likes of David Beckham, Rio Ferdinand and many top footballers investing in residential units. Charlatans and losers will never understand that the world is not full of no-hopers like them. They don't understand what this project is and cannot concieve its scale or success. Best not to pander to ignorance.
Re: Will Eko Atlantic City Be The Most Beautiful City In Africa After Completion? by aljharem(m): 4:26pm On Apr 18, 2012
CHESSBOARD: Hahahaha I cant believe that modern Lagosians are being deceived by this OYIBO brainwashing Pictures, By the time AGBEROS invade the place it will turn to Mushin grin grin grin

Yes but the land is still there or is it not ?

That's a plus to ACN and Fashola.
Re: Will Eko Atlantic City Be The Most Beautiful City In Africa After Completion? by aljharem(m): 4:28pm On Apr 18, 2012
Gbawe:

This is why it is imperative to consider ownership there if one can raise the finance by planning ahead. The palms for example, in Dubai, has seen the likes of David Beckham, Rio Ferdinand and many top footballers investing in residential units. Charlatans and losers will never understand that the world is not full of no-hopers like them. They don't understand what this project is and cannot concieve its scale or success. Best not to pander to ignorance.

Oga Gbawe, I am impressed with Fashola, Indeed ACN can actually be the best thing that happened to Nigeria if they can build the railway to connect all the SWern state edo and western delta together.

What do you say
Re: Will Eko Atlantic City Be The Most Beautiful City In Africa After Completion? by Gbawe: 4:28pm On Apr 18, 2012
Kobojunkie:

You @Moderators should really get your acts right. So you decide all of a sudden that you now want all to focus on just the topic, really? Aren't you like so many years late for that? undecided undecided undecided undecided

And why on this thread alone? I don't see the same GONG-HO attitude from you on other threads.

They do this all the time. Stepping in to save that toe-rag called Beaf when the little weasel was the cause of the problem to begin with.
Re: Will Eko Atlantic City Be The Most Beautiful City In Africa After Completion? by aljharem(m): 4:29pm On Apr 18, 2012
E be like say this Beaf is bitter cry the Mods had to delete his childish posts
Re: Will Eko Atlantic City Be The Most Beautiful City In Africa After Completion? by occam(m): 4:36pm On Apr 18, 2012
Eko Ile:

Solid transportation network and constant electricity are key to attracting tourists; sadly, Lagos lacks these. Development/real estate projects like this are fraught with a great deal of risk and little benefit to the city of Lagos. Even Dubai collected $10 billion handout from Abu Dhabi in 2009 to pay mounting debts resulting from its ambitious real estate development project.

It appears you know so much about this project, so tell us these:
What is the anticipated economic benefit to Lagos? be specific and quantify
Who are the world class investor that you mentioned? again be specific.

They have slums, so why are Nigerians flocking to SA? Why is Capetown becoming the new tourist attraction for Nigerians? Maybe when your "glass tower on the ocean" is completed people will start loving Lagos too.

Better stop dreaming and pay back the PR retainer fee you collected for this project
Re: Will Eko Atlantic City Be The Most Beautiful City In Africa After Completion? by aljharem(m): 4:40pm On Apr 18, 2012
occam:

Solid transportation network and constant electricity are key to attracting tourists; sadly, Lagos lacks these. Development/real estate projects like this are fraught with a great deal of risk and little benefit to the city of Lagos. Even Dubai collected $10 billion handout from Abu Dhabi in 2009 to pay mounting debts resulting from its ambitious real estate development project.

It appears you know so much about this project, so tell us these:

They have slums, so why are Nigerians flocking to SA? Why is Capetown becoming the new tourist attraction for Nigerians? Maybe when your "glass tower on the ocean" is completed people will start loving Lagos too.

Better stop dreaming and pay back the PR retainer fee you collected for this project

I agree with you

But I have to point out somethings

1. Electricity would be constant in Lagos within the next 3-4 years given the IPP being worked on by the government

2. Transportation, yes I think a train would be better but a good bus system is the first and only in Lagos and no where else in west africa. Go figure BRT buses are one of a kind
Re: Will Eko Atlantic City Be The Most Beautiful City In Africa After Completion? by Gbawe: 4:44pm On Apr 18, 2012
alj harem:

Oga Gbawe, I am impressed with Fashola, Indeed ACN can actually be the best thing that happened to Nigeria if they can build the railway to connect all the SWern state edo and western delta together.

What do you say

Alhaji, Eko Atlantic City was concieved by Tinubu's Government.

http://www.ekoatlantic.com/aboutus/cleancity.htm

Clean City
Eko Atlantic and the Great Wall of Lagos are achieving two major environmental goals by reversing coastal erosion and by relieving some of the pressure on land and resources in Lagos.

The new city also embraces the use of eco-friendly materials and technologies during its construction. The feel of the completed city will be clean and green, as will its modern supportive infrastructure.

"The design of the new city reflects our responsibility to the environment: Eko Atlantic will be a sustainable city, clean and energy efficient with minimal carbon emissions. A truly 21st century city to be proud of."
David Frame, Managing Director, South Energyx, Lagos, Nigeria

Reversing Coastal Erosion

The new foundations are being created to reclaim the lost land that disappeared under the pounding waves of Atlantic surges during the last 100 years. The design and construction of a long length of the Great Wall of Lagos has already provided an effective marine engineering solution to stop further land disappearing from the Nigerian coastline along Bar Beach on Victoria Island.

"The fact is that today a liability that threatened the entire Victoria Island of Lagos has been arrested and this has been converted into a great asset or prosperity."
Bola Tinubu, former Governor of Lagos, Nigeria, under whose term of office the concept of Eko Atlantic originated

Relieving Pressure on Lagos

Nigeria is one of the fastest growing economies in the world so the pressure on Lagos is understandable. Eko Atlantic will provide acres of prime development land to give the space for business and commerce to expand and fulfil its potential.

Eko Atlantic will enjoy fast and efficient transport links by road and water to the city of Lagos. A tramway system within Eko Atlantic will also connect with public transport on Victoria Island creating a multiple choice for means of travel.

An Example of African Excellence

[b]The clean and eco-friendly urban infrastructure of Eko Atlantic will propel Nigeria into a position of leadership in the economy of West Africa. The new city will set an example of how creating a high standard of living can be combined with concern for the environment. Its new infrastructure will give it the capacity to earn many carbon credits:

· An efficient electricity generation plant will provide an uninterrupted power supply.

· Central service systems will completely eliminate the need for generators, water tanks and septic tanks. This will mean that Eko Atlantic will not be dependent on diesel and will not be troubled by the waste from badly serviced tanks, or from the noise pollution that is all too common in Lagos.

· A dedicated sewage treatment plant will keep the city healthy and safe. Clean water will be pumped from the city's own treatment plants and distribution mains.

· State-of-the-art communications will fuel business and personal networking on a local and global level. Nigeria has one of the fastest growing telecoms markets in the world with major companies such as MTN, Etisalat, Airtel and Globacom all located in Lagos.[/b]
Re: Will Eko Atlantic City Be The Most Beautiful City In Africa After Completion? by lwise(m): 4:46pm On Apr 18, 2012
Let them solve the traffic problem in Lagos first,thats my concern for now.
Re: Will Eko Atlantic City Be The Most Beautiful City In Africa After Completion? by aljharem(m): 5:10pm On Apr 18, 2012
Gbawe thanks for that
lwise: Let them solve the traffic problem in Lagos first,thats my concern for now.

Iwise that is already been deal with but typical lagosians think the only way to get to the Island is through 3rd mainland bridge but I know of a second route of which you can use.

You can also pass through Oyingbo market (mainland) to Idumota (Island) I hope it helps

Also a 4th mainland bridge is also being built by the state

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2012/03/4th-lagos-mainland-bridge-soon/
Re: Will Eko Atlantic City Be The Most Beautiful City In Africa After Completion? by occam(m): 5:14pm On Apr 18, 2012
alj harem:

I agree with you

But I have to point out somethings

1. Electricity would be constant in Lagos within the next 3-4 years given the IPP being worked on by the government

2. Transportation, yes I think a train would be better but a good bus system is the first and only in Lagos and no where else in west africa. Go figure BRT buses are one of a kind

wow that confident! Is this from a reliable source grin Constant electricity in Lagos? I will still wait and see. I also have nothing but love for Lagos, but this project just seems like something for the big boys to chop and little benefit to Lagosians.

In fact, I sense the Ghana-must-go bag crowd from Abuja will benefit more. How? More places to park their corrupt dirty money.
Re: Will Eko Atlantic City Be The Most Beautiful City In Africa After Completion? by Gbawe: 5:22pm On Apr 18, 2012
occam:

wow that confident! Is this from a reliable source grin Constant electricity in Lagos? I will still wait and see. I also have nothing but love for Lagos, but this project just seems like something for the big boys to chop and little benefit to Lagosians.

In fact, I sense the Ghana-must-go bag crowd from Abuja will benefit more. How? More places to park their corrupt dirty money.

Sadly, you speak the truth here. This is what I indicated , before that idiot toe-rag Beaf derailed the thread, when I stated that there are many able to buy 10-20 units at a go. Virtually every Rep and Senator will procure a unit. The likes of David Mark et al can certainly buy a few units in cash.
Re: Will Eko Atlantic City Be The Most Beautiful City In Africa After Completion? by aljharem(m): 5:25pm On Apr 18, 2012
occam:

Yes sadly but true, it would be for the rich.

Trust me it is not only Lagos state government that are working on Power projects. We have young graduate looking for solutions as well so they can make quick money.

Right now we inverters (I am sure you know what that is since you stay in lagos) but just incase

Inverter with battery (as in the case of most lagos homes) charges it's self using the national grid and can power an average home for 4 hours on full battery (which is very ok) without no cost.

Infact you can connect it you your generator (if you wish) and can be charged with your generator.

These inverters have no engine and cost nothing after purchased

As of the last time, I remember the batteries are expensive though (not upto 600,000 naira so don't be scared)

Thus in the long run it provides you with electricity with no cost at the time you need it.

Many more solutions are been provided it all depends. I give it 3-4 years wink
Re: Will Eko Atlantic City Be The Most Beautiful City In Africa After Completion? by EkoIle1: 5:32pm On Apr 18, 2012
occam:

Solid transportation network and constant electricity are key to attracting tourists; sadly, Lagos lacks these.

EAC is a self self sufficient entity so your concern is not even worth debating. The ones that are rushing in to set up shop have the same electricity info you are talking about, but it's still not stopping them.

Development/real estate projects like this are fraught with a great deal of risk and little benefit to the city of Lagos.

Any development is froth with risk, even selling guguru and epa is froth with the same risk. The EAC obviously did their cost analysis and projections before tabling down billions of dollars.

Like I said before, many world class hospitality businesses are rushing to Lagos set up shop for a reason and the reason is good ROI. And to prove you wrong, the ones with shops already opened in Lagos are not closing shops, they are in fact expanding...like the Oriental, Sheraton, Eko and others.

Even Dubai collected $10 billion handout from Abu Dhabi in 2009 to pay mounting debts resulting from its ambitious real estate development project.

We are not talking about a state project like dubai, this is 100% private and in any private dealings, it's win or lose it's really their business, not yours or the Lagos tax payers.

It appears you know so much about this project, so tell us these

Some are just here to pontificate negativity because the same info available to me is available to you to if you know how to google and read.

Hundreds of thousands of jobs and paychecks for Lagosians/Nigerians

Expanded tax base for the Lagos state government for income generation needed to spend on other social and infrastructural projects elsewhere around the state.

Influx of tourism revenue

Increased real competition in the same area of real estate and property development.

The principal developer South EnergyX

They have slums, so why are Nigerians flocking to SA?

Nigerians flock to anywhere so what's your point?

Why is Capetown becoming the new tourist attraction for Nigerians? Maybe when your "glass tower on the ocean" is completed people will start loving Lagos too.

Unfortunately for you, SA is a country and Lagos is just a state inside Nigeria

SA as country was developed by apartheid government of SA

Lagos as a state and SA as a country have different history and economic power and standing so you need to fist grab some history books to read and learn about Africa and the reason why it's moronic to compare a state like Lagos in Nigeria with a fully developed country with greater financial and economic power.

It's ok to argue, but do it with logic and common sense.
Re: Will Eko Atlantic City Be The Most Beautiful City In Africa After Completion? by chucky234(m): 6:38pm On Apr 18, 2012
Hmmm another concession or trunkey project to extort money from the rich,good for them because it will cost N200m to rent an apartment in that Eko Atlantic City.
Re: Will Eko Atlantic City Be The Most Beautiful City In Africa After Completion? by moremi2008(m): 6:42pm On Apr 18, 2012
I think it's pretty obvious that the majority of Nigerian investors in this project will be using stolen government money. This is neither new, nor surprising (go check out the large inventory of empty vanity projects sitting around Banana Island as evidence). Overall, I think it's a good thing. It's better the stolen money is reinvested back into Nigeria than for it to be parked in offshore accounts, never to return home. Of course, most of the money is probably going back abroad via checks to foreign construction companies and financing banks but ... whatever. It's a private project; they can do anything they like.
Re: Will Eko Atlantic City Be The Most Beautiful City In Africa After Completion? by PBundles(m): 6:49pm On Apr 18, 2012
The project is very commendable without a doubt. If and when completed it will be remarkable BUT...... and i dont want to sound negative but I just want to keep it real. Is this really what Lagos or Nigeria needs? The money, time, expertise being used for this should be used in the provision of Water, Electricity, Solid (maintained) infrastructure, Safety (A reliable, well equipped and educated police force), Proper Schools lastly to train and ensure good Governance. I for one would trade a million of these projects for just 2 or 3, hell for one of the items I mentioned to be looked after. There is saying that well cooked food needs to be served on nice plates. Why build this when the rest is in ruins. 99% of the masses will not enjoy or benefit from this new city. Please dont get me wrong, it will be an accomplishment, but I think we have our priorities wrong. Will the average Nigerian be able to live there? I will go a step furtehr and ask what percentage of the top 1% will even be able to live there. So it seems like a feable attempt to keep the masses out and the good old boys in I suppose. That foreigners and/or investors are involved doessnt say much, they are doing it for a reason and its not for the benefit of the masses, but their own.

Later, stay safe and remember tomorrow is guaranteed to no one.
Re: Will Eko Atlantic City Be The Most Beautiful City In Africa After Completion? by EkoIle1: 7:26pm On Apr 18, 2012
PBundles: The project is very commendable without a doubt. If and when completed it will be remarkable BUT...... and i dont want to sound negative but I just want to keep it real. Is this really what Lagos or Nigeria needs? The money, time, expertise being used for this should be used in the provision of Water, Electricity, Solid (maintained) infrastructure, Safety (A reliable, well equipped and educated police force), Proper Schools lastly to train and ensure good Governance. I for one would trade a million of these projects for just 2 or 3, hell for one of the items I mentioned to be looked after. There is saying that well cooked food needs to be served on nice plates. Why build this when the rest is in ruins. 99% of the masses will not enjoy or benefit from this new city. Please dont get me wrong, it will be an accomplishment, but I think we have our priorities wrong. Will the average Nigerian be able to live there? I will go a step furtehr and ask what percentage of the top 1% will even be able to live there. So it seems like a feable attempt to keep the masses out and the good old boys in I suppose. That foreigners and/or investors are involved doessnt say much, they are doing it for a reason and its not for the benefit of the masses, but their own.

Later, stay safe and remember tomorrow is guaranteed to no one.

I understand your points, but they are misguided and shortsighted.

This is a private project and not a government project.

This is what we need. We need investments and and jobs, we need tax money, we need the expertise and development, we need everything this project has to offer from top to bottom.

Money for roads, bridges, schools, electricity and other social infrastructures comes from projects like Eko Atlantic and other investments by private businesses. Money from electricity and water doesn't grown on trees, they come from taxes and taxes comes from people's paychecks and businesses by private investors.

But of curse, you are yet to fully educate yourself about the project to start with. Don't worry about your government spending money on what you know nothing about, this is a private investment.
Re: Will Eko Atlantic City Be The Most Beautiful City In Africa After Completion? by Beaf: 7:42pm On Apr 18, 2012
Gbawe:

Is it an exclusive project to keep out "charlatans and losers?"
"Charlatans and losers" is your new description of the poor and the hard working taxpayers who will be defrauded by your likes (just like is Osun).

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply)

Gov .danbaba Suntai Of Taraba State Casts Vote In Suntai Ward / Saraki Or Tinubu? Who Rocks It Better? / Gbajabiamila Resumes As Chief Of Staff To President Tinubu (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.