Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,790 members, 7,837,858 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 11:45 AM

Where GEJ And Ngozi Used By The World Bank ? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Where GEJ And Ngozi Used By The World Bank ? (964 Views)

SEE Where GEJ Relaxes From Presidential Duties While Buhari Laments Of Empty Tre / Democracy Day Sermon Where GEJ Refused To Say Amen (Video) / Goodluck And Ngozi Okonjo Iweala Interview On ABN Digital (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Where GEJ And Ngozi Used By The World Bank ? by aljharem(m): 9:18pm On Apr 16, 2012
I just have this feeling that GEJ and Ngozi traded fuel subsidy and Nigerians so Ngozi could be made the world bank president.

I don't know why I have this feeling but it seems like so. I might be wrong.
Re: Where GEJ And Ngozi Used By The World Bank ? by CyberG: 2:27am On Apr 17, 2012
Hahaha...wiki leaks might soon provide more insight, who knows??
Re: Where GEJ And Ngozi Used By The World Bank ? by Kobojunkie: 2:37am On Apr 17, 2012
Traded fuel subsidy and Nigerians so that Ngozi could be made world bank president? Where do you lay your head when you sleep? So, when Yar adua and Obasanjo each tried to remove Fuel Subsidy, what what the conspiracy then to? Gosh!!!
A Stranger to this site, and all issues Nigeria, after reading the OP will almost gain base understanding of why Nigeria is the way it is, and why the current crop of leaders can not seem to get even the simplest right.
Re: Where GEJ And Ngozi Used By The World Bank ? by aljharem(m): 2:37am On Apr 17, 2012
CyberG: Hahaha...wiki leaks might soon provide more insight, who knows??

LOL @ Wiki

I find it strange

Months after the visit of the World bank president to Nigeria, Ngozi and GEJ suddenly realise to remove fuel subsidy then 2 months after than the world nominated Ngozi to be the world bank president.

Hmmmmmmm [size=14pt]very coincidental[/size] I must say. I think they were just used in the promise of the position and later dumped but of course they cannot let Nigerians know because of the shame of betrayal.

Just my thought.
Re: Where GEJ And Ngozi Used By The World Bank ? by aljharem(m): 2:39am On Apr 17, 2012
Kobojunkie: Traded fuel subsidy and Nigerians so that Ngozi could be made world bank president? Where do you lay your head when you sleep? So, when Yar adua and Obasanjo each tried to remove Fuel Subsidy, what what the conspiracy then to? Gosh!!!
A Stranger to this site, and all issues Nigeria, after reading the OP will almost gain base understanding of why Nigeria is the way it is, and why the current crop of leaders can not seem to get even the simplest right.

No Kobojunkie, why did WB visit Nigeria at that period and why was she nominated months after the removal ? Is it all just coincident ?
Re: Where GEJ And Ngozi Used By The World Bank ? by Nobody: 7:51am On Apr 17, 2012
Kobojunkie: Traded fuel subsidy and Nigerians so that Ngozi could be made world bank president? Where do you lay your head when you sleep? So, when Yar adua and Obasanjo each tried to remove Fuel Subsidy, what what the conspiracy then to? Gosh!!!

I found myself frowning at Harem's post, but something isnt really right about this subsidy and NOI world bank ambition thingy.
The timing is too close for comfort. Why didnt she and GEJ wait until after April as previously planned. They said they would enlighten the public, but for some reason, they had to cut the subsidy, even risking an uprising and revolution. During the subsidy war, she mostly the most sympathetic voice, doing all her best to let the world know how good she is, and how much she cared about the masses. Everything felt so conflicting. April. January. IMF. Mass uprising. Then the SE and SS defending GEJ and NOI, and Bokoharam issue which was more pressing was even ignored to kill subsidy. I smell a rat. The senate she do an integrity probe. But talk about integrity, is there any Nigerian who hasnt sold theirs for a handful of cash?
Re: Where GEJ And Ngozi Used By The World Bank ? by Kobojunkie: 10:57am On Apr 17, 2012
aasog1:

I found myself frowning at Harem's post, but something isnt really right about this subsidy and NOI world bank ambition thingy.
The timing is too close for comfort. Why didnt she and GEJ wait until after April as previously planned. They said they would enlighten the public, but for some reason, they had to cut the subsidy, even risking an uprising and revolution. During the subsidy war, she mostly the most sympathetic voice, doing all her best to let the world know how good she is, and how much she cared about the masses. Everything felt so conflicting. April. January. IMF. Mass uprising. Then the SE and SS defending GEJ and NOI, and Bokoharam issue which was more pressing was even ignored to kill subsidy. I smell a rat. The senate she do an integrity probe. But talk about integrity, is there any Nigerian who hasnt sold theirs for a handful of cash?

Here

a) No one but Nigerians, in their minds, previously planned for an April Date - We have to understand that news from the Rumour mills is not official news from Government. If you please go back through the news archives, you will maybe discover that the april date was merely a suggestion put forth by your senators in a last bid attempt to push back that which they failed to stop.

b) This is not the first time Fuel Subsidy Removal has been attempted -- The last two administrations attempted it. Obasanjo, after real protests, raised the price from about Naira 22/litre to Naira 65/litre.

c) There was no January IMF Mass uprising. That the topic was broached on Nairaland does not then mean the people in Nigeria were aware of the fights on here. Also, IMF, like the World Bank, are Financial Institutions. Think of your Bank where you put your money, or take out loans. The only time the bank comes to tell you how to run your life, is if you are owing the bank or are planning to take out a loan. The Bank does not bother you at all at other times, except when it is trying to offer you what it pretends to be a sweeter deal than what you currently have.

d)South East and South-South defending Jonathan is a conspiracy? Really?

e) Boko Haram was ignored for subsidy, and that leads you to smell a rat? I have to ask here . . . are you even a Nigerian at all? undecided undecided undecided undecided
Re: Where GEJ And Ngozi Used By The World Bank ? by ebere1712: 12:55pm On Apr 17, 2012
Very Very Likely

(1) (Reply)

Nnamdi Azikiwe Was A Tribalist? / A Woman Battered By A PDP Council Chairman / Between PDP And Acn,which Is The Most Corrupt?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.