Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,557 members, 7,820,011 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:24 AM

The North That Southerners Don’t Know - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The North That Southerners Don’t Know (20813 Views)

how jonathan a biafra built amalgamation tower of biafra/north that cause war / Why Is That Southerners And Christians Are Gej's Greatest Attackers? / Is This The Developed North That Everyone Is Yapping About? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The North That Southerners Don’t Know by otokx(m): 11:01pm On Apr 17, 2012
some things are easier said than done, why travel north only to be caught up in the violence of boko haram? what about child marriages? compare the remedial program of abu zaria and that of uniport? Is it not 3 credits to 5? 2moro they will say they are graduates with masters too. Polio nko, even lasa fever and meningities.
Re: The North That Southerners Don’t Know by aljharem(m): 11:06pm On Apr 17, 2012
Andre Uweh: Kudos to the writer of this article. The chap understands the south and the north very well and I suppose he is widely travelled. He even went further to address the issue of other tribes in South west and wrote about the non groups in the Badagry area.
Yet some nairalanders have lied through their teeth that Bsadagry is Yorubaland and that Egu are Yorubas.
I pity all this liars here.

Why not go move them, if I start now they would say Alj harem does not like them. I am very well travelled and as said the writter addressed some issues but also needed to point out

1. the Ijaws in Imo, Ndoki and co

2. Igalas in Anambra
3. Ikwerres are not Igbos thus there are NO Igbos in rivers state

4. Agbors are not Igbos

5. Ikas are not Igbo

6. Anioma is not Igbo as well. I can keep going on and on. These are the group Ignorant Yorubas , Fulanis and Hausas might consider Igbos but I know better.

The SE is very non-homogenous not to talk of others.

Are Onitsha people Igbos or Binis ? That would be your assignment today. smiley
Re: The North That Southerners Don’t Know by Afam4eva(m): 11:11pm On Apr 17, 2012
alj harem:

Why not go move them, if I start now they would say Alj harem does not like them. I am very well travelled and as said the writter addressed some issues but also needed to point out

2. Igalas in Anambra

4. Agbors are not Igbos

5. Ikas are not Igbo

6. Anioma is not Igbo as well. I can keep going on and on. These are the group Ignorant Yorubas , Fulanis and Hausas might consider Igbos but I know better.

If ignorance was a dress, you'll be wearing an agbada. Are you kidding yourself?

Which local government in Imo state do you hahve Ijaws?

Ok, there are Igalas in Anambra state

Let's just for the same of this argument, say Ikwerres are not Igbos. So, you've never heard of Ndonis, Etche, Ndoki?
Re: The North That Southerners Don’t Know by Buchika: 11:14pm On Apr 17, 2012
harem what is the difference between dialect and language.
Re: The North That Southerners Don’t Know by AndreUweh(m): 11:14pm On Apr 17, 2012
alj harem:

2. Igalas in Anambra

4. Agbors are not Igbos

5. Ikas are not Igbo

Am from Imo state and there are no Ijaws in Imo state. Tell me where you have the Ijaws in my state. Or tell me one Ijaw from Imo state. Imo state does not even share a border with any no Igbo group. Imo state is at the heart of Igboland and is called Eastern heartland.
You have to move on bruv.
Re: The North That Southerners Don’t Know by aljharem(m): 11:20pm On Apr 17, 2012
Andre Uweh:
Am from Imo state and there are no Ijaws in Imo state. Tell me where you have the Ijaws in my state. Or tell me one Ijaw from Imo state. Imo state does not even share a border with any no Igbo group. Imo state is at the heart of Igboland and is called Eastern heartland.
You have to move on bruv.

Shut it. You are not from Imo state but from Anambra.

Imo have Ijaws in them, Imo shares boundaries with Ijaws in Rivers state get your fact right
Re: The North That Southerners Don’t Know by Nobody: 11:21pm On Apr 17, 2012
Andre Uweh: Kudos to the writer of this article. The chap understands the south and the north very well and I suppose he is widely travelled. He even went further to address the issue of other tribes in South west and wrote about the non groups in the Badagry area.
Yet some nairalanders have lied through their teeth that Bsadagry is Yorubaland and that Egu are Yorubas.
I pity all this liars here.

You need to let it go - Eguns are as Yoruba as the other Yoruba subgroups that were not created by the sons of Oduduwa.. They're Yorubas, just as the Egbas, Ijebus, Yewas, Ekitis etc..

Don't derail the thread!
Re: The North That Southerners Don’t Know by aljharem(m): 11:21pm On Apr 17, 2012
afam4eva:

If ignorance was a dress, you'll be wearing an agbada. Are you kidding yourself?

Which local government in Imo state do you hahve Ijaws?

Ok, there are Igalas in Anambra state

Let's just for the same of this argument, say Ikwerres are not Igbos. So, you've never heard of Ndonis, Etche, Ndoki?

I wonder why you not talk to Andre Uweh aka Ngohgaha when he was spewing out his rubbish ? I am not like this but I hate hypocrisy
Re: The North That Southerners Don’t Know by Buchika: 11:22pm On Apr 17, 2012
i give it to the poster, yea there are misconceptions but they re quite few
Re: The North That Southerners Don’t Know by aljharem(m): 11:23pm On Apr 17, 2012
Buchika: harem what is the difference between dialect and language.

Dialect is an off-shot of a langauge

While a language is a way of communication (At least that is what I am aware of )

Now would you call Agbor as Igbo speakers yes or no ? Certainly yes

Are Agbors Igbo ? Certainly No
Re: The North That Southerners Don’t Know by Afam4eva(m): 11:26pm On Apr 17, 2012
alj harem:

Imo have Ijaws in them, Imo shares boundaries with Ijaws in Rivers state get your fact right

Are you God? Who're you to tell someone where he's from.

Now, tell me the Ijaw community that shares a border with Imo state and the place in Imo where you have Ijaws.

Pls stop spamming this thread.
Re: The North That Southerners Don’t Know by bakila: 11:26pm On Apr 17, 2012
nanos: Yet they (the Muslim north, I mean) are killing people like goats and chicken? I know the typical northerner and he is a, brainwashed, scheming, power-hungry fanatical murderer.
you are worse in those things you mentioned, chocroaches like you polute everywhere with their illitracy even though they are researches for bill gate and steve jobs at same time.

Whatever you call the northerners they have provided opportunity and accomodation to idiiots like you or relations of yours.
Re: The North That Southerners Don’t Know by aljharem(m): 11:26pm On Apr 17, 2012
Andre Uweh come back, shebi you are mouthy ?
Re: The North That Southerners Don’t Know by AndreUweh(m): 11:27pm On Apr 17, 2012
alj harem:

Am a proud Imolite from Isinweke. I have even created a thread about my community in Imo state Check out:
https://www.nairaland.com/289584/what-people-known/1
Tell me where you have Ijaw in my state or tell me about any Ijaw in Imo state or forever shut up.
Re: The North That Southerners Don’t Know by iiiyyyk(m): 11:28pm On Apr 17, 2012
@ op zeeleso

A tree can never make a forest. the emmirates and political families in north are vilians. they educate their children and encourage others to join almajeri. that you ar from one such family does not make the north better. the north is poor and backward especially in human developmental index

surfaceD: That is why I always support the NYSC programme despite its disadvantages, cos I come to realise that we dont really understand ourselves, when I was posted to a construction company for my primary assignment after the NYSC orientation in mid 2000s, on introducing myself as an Engineer from Kano state, my supervisor who to my assumption is a highly enlightened and educated southerner was amazed to the brim, he went ahead to say "I thought all of you from Kano studied political science", which I later come to realise he meant his words.

what disadvantage has NYSC apart from the fact that your so called "super educated north" keep killing innocent corp members. and yet you have the boldness to talk about NYSC. have you ask your self, what if i was killed durring my service year.
Re: The North That Southerners Don’t Know by Afam4eva(m): 11:29pm On Apr 17, 2012
Al_harem, i'm waiting for an answer to this.

afam4eva:

Are you God? Who're you to tell someone where he's from.

Now, tell me the Ijaw community that shares a border with Imo state and the place in Imo where you have Ijaws.

Pls stop spamming this thread.
Re: The North That Southerners Don’t Know by PHIPEX(m): 11:29pm On Apr 17, 2012
I hate steriotyping especially after listening to "The danger of a single story" Chimamanda which I recommend for all Nairalanders. But no one will reasonably blame a southerner who calls all northerners Hausa. I don't think any northerner will be crucified if he says that Igbos are traders if all the Igbos he sees up north are traders. When have we heard in the news that these non-Muslim northerners reacted with seriousness against the killings in the North except Plateau state. I can reasonably conclude that Borno is 99% muslims if the Christians there fail to protect fellow christians from the south.

Why can't these few educated ones help educate their fellows up north?
Re: The North That Southerners Don’t Know by AndreUweh(m): 11:30pm On Apr 17, 2012
shymmex:

You need to let it go - Eguns are as Yoruba as the other Yoruba subgroups that were not created by the sons of Oduduwa.. They're Yorubas, just as the Egbas, Ijebus, Yewas, Ekitis etc..

Don't derail the thread!
Am not derailing this thread and do not mean to do so. The writer of the aricle has stated about non Yoruba groups in the south west especially in Badagry. Yet some nairalanders here have made fruithless attempts to murder the truth.
Re: The North That Southerners Don’t Know by aljharem(m): 11:31pm On Apr 17, 2012
Andre Uweh:

Am a proud Imolite from Isinweke. I have even created a thread about my community in Imo state Check out:
https://www.nairaland.com/289584/what-people-known/1
Tell me where you have Ijaw in my state or tell me about any Ijaw in Imo state or forever shut up.

Dude mind your utterances. You keep talk about something you have no idea of. Shut it, I am not her to witch hunt Igbos but don't force me to go back to my original Moniker. Take time and respect yourself
Re: The North That Southerners Don’t Know by Jaideyone(m): 11:32pm On Apr 17, 2012
nanos:

You must mean Yorubas do not leave their immediate geopolitical zones, right? You could not have said that about Igbos, am sure.
yeah right!!! No single yoruba man in the north. F*cktard
Re: The North That Southerners Don’t Know by AndreUweh(m): 11:32pm On Apr 17, 2012
alj harem: Andre Uweh come back, shebi you are mouthy ?
Check this out, this is about my community in Imo state.
Where is yours?.
Re: The North That Southerners Don’t Know by Buchika: 11:32pm On Apr 17, 2012
harem what are you trying to prove. I think the point is if south east is homogeneous not south south and south east, by the way agbor is an igbo dialect
Re: The North That Southerners Don’t Know by Afam4eva(m): 11:32pm On Apr 17, 2012
alj harem:

Dude mind your utterances. You keep talk about something you have no idea of. Shut it, I am not her to witch hunt Igbos but don't force me to go back to my original Moniker. Take time and respect yourself

Please, answer my question.
Re: The North That Southerners Don’t Know by Afam4eva(m): 11:33pm On Apr 17, 2012
Jaidey-one:
yeah right!!! No single yoruba man in the north. F*cktard

You know that's not what he means. "A lot" is more like it.

1 Like

Re: The North That Southerners Don’t Know by aljharem(m): 11:34pm On Apr 17, 2012
afam4eva:

Please, answer my question.

Afam4eva I am not here cause of you but cause of Andre uweh aka Ngohagha1

Again you would have to forgive me because you have decided to keep shut when Andre is on his high tribalistic moments so again either you talk to Andre or just simply ignore my post.
Re: The North That Southerners Don’t Know by AndreUweh(m): 11:35pm On Apr 17, 2012
alj harem:

You said am not from Imo state and I have given you my claims that am a proud Isinweke man from Imo state.
You said there Ijaws in my state and I said no, why not prove me wrong.
Who cares about your monikers?.
Re: The North That Southerners Don’t Know by Trulie(m): 11:35pm On Apr 17, 2012
@harem..am frm imo stat n ohaji/egbema precisly n i can tel u so afirmativly dat we ar ibo2 d core..i no u ar referin 2 areas lik etekuru, assa, awara, obitin n odas al in oh/egb lg..ds areas spel d boundry btw imo n rivaz.
Re: The North That Southerners Don’t Know by Afam4eva(m): 11:36pm On Apr 17, 2012
alj harem:

Afam4eva I am not here cause of you but cause of Andre uweh aka Ngohagha1

Again you would have to forgive me because you have decided to keep shut when Andre is on his high tribalistic moments so again either you talk to Andre or just simply ignore my post.

The point is that you claimed that there are Ijaws in Imo state and i said you should tell me where they are. i want to learn geography.
Re: The North That Southerners Don’t Know by Nobody: 11:37pm On Apr 17, 2012
Andre Uweh:
Am not derailing this thread and do not mean to do so. The writer of the aricle has stated about non Yoruba groups in the south west especially in Badagry. Yet some nairalanders here have made fruithless attempts to murder the truth.

But if the Egbas, Ekitis, Ijebus, and Ondo people are classified as yorubas - what makes you think Eguns are not
Re: The North That Southerners Don’t Know by AndreUweh(m): 11:37pm On Apr 17, 2012
Tru_lie: @harem..am frm imo stat n ohaji/egbema precisly n i can tel u so afirmativly dat we ar ibo2 d core..i no u ar referin 2 areas lik etekuru, assa, awara, obitin n odas al in oh/egb lg..ds areas spel d boundry btw imo n rivaz.
Am from Imo state as well and Imo state shares no borders with Ijaws. Let him prove me wrong.
Re: The North That Southerners Don’t Know by aljharem(m): 11:38pm On Apr 17, 2012
1. The writer talks of the North not being homogenous, well he is right only an ignorant person would say otherwise.

2. The poster Abubaka 101 was right. States like Kwara has 3 ethnic group in it with yoruba being the majority but also Nupe and Bariba. Fulanis in Kwara are now mixed with locals

3. Kogi has 3 ethnic group in it, yoruba, Igala and Igarra/Ebera. With Ebera in the central, yoruba west and Igala east.

4. Borno, Adamawa and even Bauchi have always had Christian indigenes.

5. Abuja is not Gwari land alone but contains about 5-7 ethnic groups which are Gwari, Nupe, Asokoro people, hausa, ebira etc

6. Delta state have 6 ethnic group, Ilaje (Yoruba), Ijaw, Itsekiri, Anioma (Igbo), Urhobo, Isoko

7. Rivers state Ikwerre, Ogoni, Ijaw, Opobo (Ijaw)

8. Lagos state has yoruba and Egun-Awori (Which i am part of)

9. Ondo has Yoruba, Ijaws

10. Imo state has Ijaws and Igbos

11. Anmabra state has Igala and Igbos

that is all the information we need to know ie if you are really interested

1 Like

Re: The North That Southerners Don’t Know by AndreUweh(m): 11:39pm On Apr 17, 2012
shymmex:

But if the Egbas, Ekitis, Ijebus, and Ondo people are classified as yorubas - what makes you think Eguns are not
The groups you listed above are Yoruba groups but Egun is not and has never been. Why can't people be honest for once?.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Anti-Islam Movie Demonstration In Kaduna / APC, Tinubu, Shettima's legal team To Expel Members Who Speak To The Media / List Of Towns And Villages In Abuja (FCT)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.