Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,758 members, 7,820,633 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:36 PM

Edmund Okafor Uses Reward To Provide Water For Community - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Edmund Okafor Uses Reward To Provide Water For Community (5644 Views)

John Okafor 'mr Ibu' Tours Europe In Style (photos) / John Okafor Welcomes Baby Boy (photo) / Stella Maris Okafor, Wife Of John Okafor (Mr. Ibu) And Daughter (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Edmund Okafor Uses Reward To Provide Water For Community by Nobody: 10:54am On Apr 17, 2012
I came across this news in the dailies and it really touched me...

_____

Chief Edmund Okafor, who won the Guinness Distributor of the Year 2009 in Nigeria, has brought joy to his people at Awba Ofemili in Awka North Local Government Area of Anambra State by providing them with pipe-borne water.

Okafor, who declined a Mitsubishi Sport Utility Vehicle and a holiday trip to Europe offered him by Guinness Nigeria Plc for emerging the company’s best distributor for 2009, asked the company to use money’s worth of the offer to provide water for his community.

The fulfilment of that understanding was realised last Friday when the solar-powered 10,000-gallon water project was inaugurated in the community.

Okafor said he was moved by the plight of his people, who had to drink directly from surface water sources.

“So, when Guinness said they will give me a Mitsubishi Jeep and sponsor my holiday trip to London, I said no, use that money to provide my people with water,” he said. “No more water borne diseases again for my people,” Okafor declared.

The regent of Awba Ofemili, Chief Anaelo Nwanebo, said when the company came to tell them that they were going to give them pipe-borne water, “we laughed because politicians have always come here to tell us the same thing without fulfilling it.”

He said the people were overwhelmed with joy and appreciated Okafor’s gesture. He, however, said that 90 per cent of his people who were poor, wanted the government to still provide them with roads and electricity.

The spokesman for the contractors, Mr. Stephen Oladokun, said the water was pumped from a river to an overhead tank where it was treated and filtered before being stored in a 10,000-gallon reservoir from where it was distributed.

Awba Ofemili is located 26 kilometres from Awka, the Anambra State capital. But it lacked potable water, good road access, electricity and functional schools.

Source: http://www.punchng.com/metro/man-uses-reward-to-provide-water-for-community/

Re: Edmund Okafor Uses Reward To Provide Water For Community by sojablue(f): 10:37am On Apr 18, 2012
9ja don't welcome such news. Mr Okafor should be given a national award. Not many will do what he did in our present 9ja. God bless sir.
Re: Edmund Okafor Uses Reward To Provide Water For Community by Nobody: 10:52am On Apr 18, 2012
sojablue: 9ja don't welcome such news. Mr Okafor should be given a national award. Not many will do what he did in our present 9ja. God bless sir.

U are right Nigeria herself does not welcome such news but maybe we can re-factor our minds to welcome such thereby making it a better place... lolz
Re: Edmund Okafor Uses Reward To Provide Water For Community by Arosa(m): 3:40pm On Apr 18, 2012
This story is very inspiring. If only every Nigerian thinks like Mr Okafor, we would have been a developed nation by now.
Re: Edmund Okafor Uses Reward To Provide Water For Community by Funkymallam(m): 12:56pm On Apr 19, 2012
Clap clap clap, that guy is a hero.
Re: Edmund Okafor Uses Reward To Provide Water For Community by dustydee: 12:59pm On Apr 19, 2012
since 2009?
Re: Edmund Okafor Uses Reward To Provide Water For Community by noiseless: 1:09pm On Apr 19, 2012
Year in year out, regime after regime and "politicians" come and go, yet nothing to show. Thank you Mr. Okafor.
Re: Edmund Okafor Uses Reward To Provide Water For Community by deshclones(m): 1:29pm On Apr 19, 2012
Wonderful gesture.....very commendable...

so Peter obi...aka the noise maker...see yourself you yellow woman talking niggah...its a shame..really a shame cry cry cry cry cry

1 Like

Re: Edmund Okafor Uses Reward To Provide Water For Community by Nobody: 1:32pm On Apr 19, 2012
Mr okafor is a fool and will surely regret what he did. I'm sure he's trying to win the heart of his community to ensure he gets elected when ever he tries to be a councillor. Nonsense move by mr okafor. Mtcheew angry
Re: Edmund Okafor Uses Reward To Provide Water For Community by ypzilanti: 1:38pm On Apr 19, 2012
Well done. We do not have a philanthopic culture in Naija, sha.

On a side note...if someone attacks the governor for not providing portable water to the village, the villagers will descend on the person for attacking thier 'son'. Thus goes Nigerian politics. Nothing is good or Bad, its just one sub ethnic group of region against the other. This helps the politicians to play divide and rule politics with simple questions such as : Have you patched the pot holes? Did you provide pipe borne water? Did you build the school you promised?

The answer to all these questions is : you are not from my local government/tribe/region and you have an agenda.
Re: Edmund Okafor Uses Reward To Provide Water For Community by yuzedo: 1:45pm On Apr 19, 2012
kayusfit: Mr okafor is a fool and will surely regret what he did. I'm sure he's trying to win the heart of his community to ensure he gets elected when ever he tries to be a councillor. Nonsense move by mr okafor. Mtcheew angry
Your case has passed " Don't be silly". . And even if that was his motive nko? How many "politicians" haven given to the community BEFORE being elected, talk more of AFTER. Instead of applauding and encouraging selflessness, you are mouthing off silly conjecture. You sir are appalling. Olodo!

1 Like

Re: Edmund Okafor Uses Reward To Provide Water For Community by ypzilanti: 1:46pm On Apr 19, 2012
kayusfit: Mr okafor is a fool and will surely regret what he did. I'm sure he's trying to win the heart of his community to ensure he gets elected when ever he tries to be a councillor. Nonsense move by mr okafor. Mtcheew angry

^^^^All sorts of people in this world. I wonder if your opinion be same if he gave same money to his church?

There were two commandments from our Lord Jesus.

1.Love your God and

2.Love your neighbour as yourself.

Nigerians are good at the first commandment, and bad at the second.

The thing is that the second commandment makes for the better running of a society.

The first commandment without the second breeds hypocrisy as everyone is posturing like they love God more than the other man with no societal benefit whatsoever.

1 Like

Re: Edmund Okafor Uses Reward To Provide Water For Community by Nobody: 2:03pm On Apr 19, 2012
@yuzedo; shey na u be mr okafor abi i no get right to talk in a democratic society? Bull poo
Re: Edmund Okafor Uses Reward To Provide Water For Community by mrmayor(m): 2:13pm On Apr 19, 2012
[size=14pt]21 Gbosas to Mr Okafor.[/size]
Re: Edmund Okafor Uses Reward To Provide Water For Community by clemmonce(m): 2:22pm On Apr 19, 2012
dustydee: since 2009?
is that only wat u saw. learn to appreciate good people.
Re: Edmund Okafor Uses Reward To Provide Water For Community by Nobody: 2:29pm On Apr 19, 2012
1.digging 250 feet borehole by Aboki's = N300,000.
2.Sumo pumping machine and cable cost and installations with pipings etc- N250,000
3.Borehole covers and rings - N100,000
4.Scaffold and 2pieces of 1,000L tanks - N100,000
5. 7.5KVA Generator - N150,000
6. Area boys settlement and Umu Nna settlements - N50,000 (excluding ogogoro etc for the mystical gods)
7. Rentages i.e canopies, chairs, tables, table clothes, crowd etc. - N50,000

Just one million naira to provide borehole in this part of the world and the politicians and government can not provide. I can do better if in power?

1 Like

Re: Edmund Okafor Uses Reward To Provide Water For Community by Nobody: 2:43pm On Apr 19, 2012
kayusfit: @yuzedo; shey na u be mr okafor abi i no get right to talk in a democratic society? Bull poo

The same way you aired your opinion about Mr Okafor is the same way he aired his about you. And I don't think you know what it takes to be best customer for Guiness in a year , he won't take the offer of being a counsellor even if it were offered free
Re: Edmund Okafor Uses Reward To Provide Water For Community by ayusman16(m): 2:54pm On Apr 19, 2012
do they have a Local Government Chairman in the area?
Re: Edmund Okafor Uses Reward To Provide Water For Community by sluvy4tune(m): 2:58pm On Apr 19, 2012
[quote author=kayusfit]Mr okafor is a fool and will surely regret what he did. I'm sure he's trying to win the heart of his community to ensure he gets elected when ever he tries to be a councillor. Nonsense move by mr okafor. Mtcheew

i didnt expect to see foolishness of this kind in this 21st century ! God help some people
Re: Edmund Okafor Uses Reward To Provide Water For Community by brillant(m): 3:02pm On Apr 19, 2012
I don't know the idiots that conduct the National award nomination and the fools that awarded them.
Re: Edmund Okafor Uses Reward To Provide Water For Community by Okijajuju1(m): 3:09pm On Apr 19, 2012
Nice!!

Good Ambassador of his people.
Re: Edmund Okafor Uses Reward To Provide Water For Community by Nobody: 3:41pm On Apr 19, 2012
@sluvy4tune; u are mad. What is so special about mr okafor's borehole?? Come to yoruba land and see boreholes built by people without rewards. Mtcheew. All this alarm is because mr okafor is a bloody Igbo man and igbos are know to be greedy like their late hero ojukwu. Smh
Re: Edmund Okafor Uses Reward To Provide Water For Community by Santi222(m): 3:43pm On Apr 19, 2012
:DMr Okafor for president!

1 Like

Re: Edmund Okafor Uses Reward To Provide Water For Community by paparazy09(m): 4:07pm On Apr 19, 2012
kayusfit: @sluvy4tune; u are mad. What is so special about mr okafor's borehole?? Come to yoruba land and see boreholes built by people without rewards. Mtcheew. All this alarm is because mr okafor is a bloody Igbo man and igbos are know to be greedy like their late hero ojukwu. Smh

I see that you overdosed on your refnol.....God help you!
Re: Edmund Okafor Uses Reward To Provide Water For Community by Nobody: 4:35pm On Apr 19, 2012
kayusfit: @sluvy4tune; u are mad. What is so special about mr okafor's borehole?? Come to yoruba land and see boreholes built by people without rewards. Mtcheew. All this alarm is because mr okafor is a bloody Igbo man and igbos are know to be greedy like their late hero ojukwu. Smh

You are a friggin ediota , baboon. Carry your tribalistic rants to your home , oloshi ashiwere oloriburuku. Awon obi e ni won jebi , ka ni won fun e leko gidi o ni soro bi awon omo eleja

1 Like

Re: Edmund Okafor Uses Reward To Provide Water For Community by Nobody: 4:56pm On Apr 19, 2012
Apocalypse na moto go jam every member of your family. Na train go run over you. Na tipa go kill your girl friend. Your friends will sleep and never wake up. Olori ibu omor shebi na u sabi put mouth for wetin no concern u. If your own parent train u, you go mind your bizness. Ashi were
Re: Edmund Okafor Uses Reward To Provide Water For Community by deshclones(m): 5:25pm On Apr 19, 2012
kayusfit: Apocalypse na moto go jam every member of your family. Na train go run over you. Na tipa go kill your girl friend. Your friends will sleep and never wake up. Olori ibu omor shebi na u sabi put mouth for wetin no concern u. If your own parent train u, you go mind your bizness. Ashi were

o boy..this thread is strictly for sound minds..not touts and vagabonds....fashola just opened a school for your kind..kindly go and grow some sense there..cheers
Re: Edmund Okafor Uses Reward To Provide Water For Community by noiseless: 5:27pm On Apr 19, 2012
Wouldn't it sound better to some maggot infested brain disease patients from the usual suspects, if they heard that mr. okafor was arrested for defrauding the money meant for helping his community, then all the confused tribalist would feel much better. TUFIAKWA! the land is full of zombies, someone help pleassse!!!!
Re: Edmund Okafor Uses Reward To Provide Water For Community by Nobody: 5:35pm On Apr 19, 2012
I will have to close my nairaland account cos it's obvious this site is filled with fools who won't mind their biz. Imagine the slowpoke recommending fashola's school to his father. Smh for all igbos.
Re: Edmund Okafor Uses Reward To Provide Water For Community by Nobody: 5:47pm On Apr 19, 2012
kayusfit: Apocalypse na moto go jam every member of your family. Na train go run over you. Na tipa go kill your girl friend. Your friends will sleep and never wake up. Olori ibu omor shebi na u sabi put mouth for wetin no concern u. If your own parent train u, you go mind your bizness. Ashi were

Baaasssstaard , ko ni da fun awon to ni e , o ni kure o de ni sun re. Awon ebi e oni kure , oloshi omo ashiwere
Re: Edmund Okafor Uses Reward To Provide Water For Community by deshclones(m): 5:59pm On Apr 19, 2012
kayusfit: I will have to close my nairaland account cos it's obvious this site is filled with fools who won't mind their biz. Imagine the slowpoke recommending fashola's school to his father. Smh for all igbos.

your dad was not so lucky...nobody opened such school for him during his time cause he would have turned out better than the assistant junior chief priest to the current chief begger of surulere lga..fashola really wants you to up your game and turn out better than your dad and his fathers before him...kindly take this once in a life time offer from fashola...so you can better your life....btwn..since when did ifa apprentices start having phones/internet access shocked shocked shocked
Re: Edmund Okafor Uses Reward To Provide Water For Community by Nobody: 6:08pm On Apr 19, 2012
Browse free on mtn and download unlimited data. Very fast and reliable. This is not hoax. I've been using it for a while now. If your interested, email me via kayusfit@ymail.com for the procedures.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Photos: Nigerian Women Are The Most Beautiful Women In The World? / Davido Poses With His Beauty Queen From Ghana / No Limit : Maheeda Reveals Too Much In New Photos (18+)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.