Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,550 members, 7,837,110 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 05:05 PM

Yorubas In Nigeria That Can't Speak Yoruba - Culture (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Yorubas In Nigeria That Can't Speak Yoruba (32025 Views)

If You Can Speak Yoruba, Talk It In Here. Everybody Is Invited! / If You Can Speak Yoruba, Talk It In Here! / If You Can Speak Yoruba, Talk It In Here! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Yorubas In Nigeria That Can't Speak Yoruba by oyinda3(f): 3:15am On Jun 03, 2009
ok I see cheesy
Re: Yorubas In Nigeria That Can't Speak Yoruba by Nobody: 3:19am On Jun 03, 2009
So N2A has a pregnant baby mama?

I don talk am o. . . .where's my brother Dayo? tongue
Re: Yorubas In Nigeria That Can't Speak Yoruba by oyinda3(f): 3:20am On Jun 03, 2009
he doesn't o. he wants you to be my yoruba teesha

we don't want dayo here. 'cause you two lipsrsealed
Re: Yorubas In Nigeria That Can't Speak Yoruba by Nobody: 3:23am On Jun 03, 2009
You want his wife to come and kill me, right?
Ku ise o.
Teesha? Lol, I'm learning myself. TOH would be the best teesha cuz mines a lil crusty.
Good thing my school offers Yoruba lang. cheesy
Re: Yorubas In Nigeria That Can't Speak Yoruba by oyinda3(f): 3:24am On Jun 03, 2009
lol
FL Gators:

Good thing my school offers Yoruba lang. cheesy

wow u serious?
Re: Yorubas In Nigeria That Can't Speak Yoruba by Nobody: 3:27am On Jun 03, 2009
oyinda.:

lol
wow u serious?
Yea.
But my cousin told me that I gotta pretend stupid in that class or the prof would withdraw me from the class. undecided
Something abt unfairness that it's an easy A.
phhhhhhhh, gotta keep my mouth shut in that class grin grin
Re: Yorubas In Nigeria That Can't Speak Yoruba by oyinda3(f): 3:30am On Jun 03, 2009
yea I know many ppl taking their own languages for easy As angry
I wish I had a yoruba class in my school. lol
Re: Yorubas In Nigeria That Can't Speak Yoruba by Nobody: 3:34am On Jun 03, 2009
oyinda.:

yea I know many ppl taking their own languages for easy As angry
I wish I had a yoruba class in my school. lol
awww eyah.
kilo n bi e ninu? (wetin dey vex you?) tongue
Re: Yorubas In Nigeria That Can't Speak Yoruba by IFELEKE(m): 9:36am On Jun 03, 2009
No2Atheism:

Ireti
Omobola
Adedayo
Adeyemi
Adekemi
Oluwadamilare
Omotola
Olutona
Morenike
Oluwatoyin
Omotoyosi
Temilade

the list goes on and on for meaningful names, unless of course you want to call your children names like:

Sheniqua Tamiqua
Condolezza Rice
George Bush
Alan Cook
Tom Hicks
Sharon Stone

Adeleke
Adetutu
Oluwafemi
Adeyinka
Ifedayo
Adewusi
Adetayo
Omotilewa
Mofoluke
Olumide
Akintayo
Akintunde
Ojuolape
Salewa
Kolawole
Ademilola
Busola
Busayo
Abayomi
Olabiyi
and loads more. . .

@oyindamola
Learning yoruba is easy only when you practise what you know with others so i'll suggest you frequent the yoruba thread more often and practise whatever you know there and look for someone to speak with.
Frequent conversations in yoruba will dissolve the accent you have.
Yoruba dun lede odun lasa. . .Yoruba ni baba won.
Re: Yorubas In Nigeria That Can't Speak Yoruba by tpiadotcom: 5:07pm On May 29, 2015
DRANOEL:
dont know anything about yorubas not speaking yoruba,i only know they cant speak english grin grin grin

did you miss your way to the thread?
Re: Yorubas In Nigeria That Can't Speak Yoruba by tpiadotcom: 5:11pm On May 29, 2015

Any other ones that lived in Yorubaland, even if not in Yorubaland, and still cannot understand yoruba? .

mostly doubtful.
Re: Yorubas In Nigeria That Can't Speak Yoruba by scholes0(m): 7:39pm On May 29, 2015
Is this actually quite common?
Apart from those deranged parents with brainwashed mentalities (and they happen to be less than 2%), is it common to see South Western children not understanding Yoruba?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Ile-ife - City Of 201 Gods. (Yoruba Ancestral Home) / Kenyan Mourners Drop Coffin, Fight Over Where To Bury Corpse (Video) / The Fulani

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.