Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,773 members, 7,817,159 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:24 AM

Oracle Forms: Advices, Tips, Questions: - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Oracle Forms: Advices, Tips, Questions: (4245 Views)

How To Create Mobile Apps With Xamarin.Forms For iOS, Android, Windows / PHP Password Hashing. Encrypt Your Passwords And Keep Your Forms Safe / How Do I Disable The Cancel Button On The Top Corner Of Forms In C#? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Oracle Forms: Advices, Tips, Questions: by dracosh(m): 2:36pm On Mar 27, 2006
Hi everybody

i would like this place to be a sort of encyclopedia with oracle and particulary oracle forms tips. so i hope there are people between you who are interested in this topic.
Re: Oracle Forms: Advices, Tips, Questions: by Seun(m): 6:43pm On Mar 27, 2006
Yes, I'm sure that there are Oracle DBAs here. Why don't you start by posting your own tips?
Re: Oracle Forms: Advices, Tips, Questions: by sbucareer(f): 10:40am On Mar 28, 2006

I have been writing oracle forms using Java, JSF, JSTL and BPEL. I use oracle 10g that comes with Oracle J2EE server, HTTP server, Application server and Oracle database server.

It has many templates to designing forms so you do not need to start from scratch. Like field validate using JavaScript or database triggers.

UI templates for people without website development and nice front-side presentation. The next version will come with flash template for client interested into flash web presentation. You can customize the flash by changing logo, speed text, color, position and much more.

You can visit oracle and find out more about developing forms using oracle db.

You can use PHP, Topspeed and Middleware connectivity for VB and other legacy system, visit Oracle Technology Network for more information.

NOTE
-----------------
JSF     Java Server Faceses
BPEL    Business Process Execution Language
JSTL    Java Server Tag Library
UI      User Interface

Here is a link to oracle tutorials Documentation

Re: Oracle Forms: Advices, Tips, Questions: by dracosh(m): 10:46am On Mar 28, 2006
that sounds great. unfortunately i use oracle 8i and forms 6i where i work because we have about 2000 clients using it. would u think there would be problems in migrating from 8i to 10g and forms 6i to forms 9i? any minor error would be a big problem. thanks
Re: Oracle Forms: Advices, Tips, Questions: by sbucareer(f): 11:24am On Mar 28, 2006

There are serious issues migrating from one Oracle to another. Last month my company send me to Oracle seminar hosted in London.

Top of the question that day was on Oracle migration. It has never been easy migrating from one version to another. Oracle 8i to 10g would need a very experience oracle migrator or even an Oracle consultant could help in the migration process.

Forms, 6i is very old and uses Oracle old API's The form 9i uses new revised API's with advent of Java new Web Applet, you can quickly design a form using Web applet or HTML with rich and easy API, look here for examples

You can ask your organization to run 10g parallel with the existing 8i.  There are tools out there for migration. Search goole for tools for data migration.

Remember to back your original data before migrating.  What we have done in our company is to run our legacy system, DB2 with our new 10g. Although all the information in DB2 is now in 10g, many users still like the power and other functions DB2 gives them. Maybe they don't like Java, so they use VB on the DB2.  We have a middleware that runs every one hour to cascade the changes between our db2 and 10g. It uses a function called update call to check if changes have occurred in the last update session so that the state of both database remain consistant.

Re: Oracle Forms: Advices, Tips, Questions: by theORAKU(m): 10:31am On Mar 29, 2006
hi,

its soo good to know that there are Oracle ppl in house.
Am a 9i dba but supporting and administering 8i dbases in my office.

I read that u cannot migrate directly from 8i (or lower) to 10g. You will have to move up to 9i first.
I have only been able to migrate an oracle 7 to 8i.
Re: Oracle Forms: Advices, Tips, Questions: by abeylevels(m): 3:47pm On Apr 26, 2006
Hi,
I am just a fresher in Oracle 8i. I love Oracle. I have a question:

After I created my table and inserted my data with SQL+, I tried to view my data by logging into the Oracle Database Studio. I was only able to see the columns but not the data in the table.
Why is it that I can't find my data in the DataBase Studio?

On the contrary, if i create a table with data with SQL Worksheet, I can't as well see my data in SQL+.
  Why can't one just create a table, insert data and view anywhere in SQL+, SQL worksheet or database studio?
Re: Oracle Forms: Advices, Tips, Questions: by cabali(m): 6:27pm On Oct 17, 2006
u should be able to view it but we need to know the configuration of the database.
Re: Oracle Forms: Advices, Tips, Questions: by shadoghale(m): 7:16pm On Oct 17, 2006
Hmm, thank God  Oracle Freshies like me now have a thread here to learn from. Thanks SBUCareer, seun etc for this.
Am confused, Database mgt has so many parts; Data security, Programming. , please somebody give us some lectures here and some guidance for career growth.
Re: Oracle Forms: Advices, Tips, Questions: by cabali(m): 8:03pm On Oct 17, 2006
that scope is large for this thread dont u think? U could google any topic that leaves stress on u for starters! then ask here for specific and perculiar issues
Re: Oracle Forms: Advices, Tips, Questions: by segebee(m): 12:24am On Nov 08, 2006
hey guys, i just want to say im an oracle dba[studying @ niit, not yet finished,but would love to answer your questions]
@sbucareer, i wanna know, since im trained on 10g, what happens when i work where they use 9i or lower; i don't wanna travel out yet;. also what has oracle got to do wt forms. i'll also ask my instructor these questions;pls reply.
Re: Oracle Forms: Advices, Tips, Questions: by cabali(m): 6:36pm On Nov 10, 2006
there isnt a major issue. with 10g u can still handle 9i databases. there are still som coys in the country; mostly banks that use oracle 8 database and still have admtrtrs with 9i certification!
Re: Oracle Forms: Advices, Tips, Questions: by oyinlolami(f): 2:02pm On Nov 02, 2011
What happened to this thread?
Re: Oracle Forms: Advices, Tips, Questions: by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 5:07pm On Nov 02, 2011
All You ORACLE Wizards out there - how do you get ORACLE forms to load on Internet Explorer without crashing it. We have a Flexcube Banking Application that can only be access via Firefox 1.0 using Jinitiator 1xxx.22 on Windows 7 Professional running JRE 1.3. As you may have noted Firefox, JRE and JInitiator (now discontinued) have been relegated to the Museum of un-natural history. Any tips to running Oracle forms for Flexcube Banking using IE7+ will be greatly appreciated

Thanks

(1) (Reply)

Computer Science / For Alx Graduates / Ubuntu Whatsapp Group

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.