Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,029 members, 7,953,083 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 10:31 AM

Why Is Barcelona Always Favoured By Refs? - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Why Is Barcelona Always Favoured By Refs? (26752 Views)

Is Barcelona Reign Coming To An End. / Di Matteo: Refs Favour Man Utd / Why Must D Refs Help Man U Win Matches? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Is Barcelona Always Favoured By Refs? by Nobody: 4:00pm On Apr 19, 2012
henrychubayo:

It was well officiated my dear. Chelsea did well and there is no cheat in this match. Was any body complaining about the ref in this match? None. Lets see how is will happen next week but surely chelsea deserve to be in the final
amen,i'm no chelsea fan,but i was happy for them and england as a whole. smiley smiley smiley

1 Like

Re: Why Is Barcelona Always Favoured By Refs? by mbaemeka(m): 4:05pm On Apr 19, 2012
@ Doublecross thanks for the prayer.

Do people really watch football objectively or do they just come here to babble? The mistakes are inevitable in football. Infact one has to be a devil to misconstrue a mistake from a referee to mean UEFA are deliberately supporting one team. Thats the reality of the game.

I am a staunch Gooner but we 95% wouldnt have made it against barca had RVP stayed on. We only felt his sending off augmented the unlikelyhood of us qualifying. Thats the only grouch. other than that Arsenal couldnt successfully put three consecutive passes together-and that was a big shame!

Yesterday Chelsea defended heaven and earth. The world of football has praised them for it but most happy cheerers fail to admit one incontrovertible fact- Chelsea were bossed throughout, caged and forced to play in their own half for virtually all of the game. Nobody remembers that sanchez hit the cross bar, fabregas fluffed a seater and had his later effort cleared from the line, pedro hit the bar and busquets missed a glorious chance at the end. You would need far more than lady luck to escape such pressure from a home team. Barca have been ruthless all season especially in front of their fans and in games like A.Madrids, A.Bilbaos et al were the opposing teams chose to sit back and defend, the results were annihilating.

They can take some positives from recording a win against the almighty barca but they should know that this barca team responds better ahome. Even mourinho can attest to that. His Inter team still lost that game 1 nill. So to objective football watchers like myself i say to Chelsea NOT YET UHURU!

NB: if they could get beat by Napoli 3-1 you want to believe barca can give them 4-0 there...LOL
Re: Why Is Barcelona Always Favoured By Refs? by davades(m): 6:05pm On Apr 19, 2012
badmrkt: before i press that your small yansh.oya tell me who dey jealous who?

LMAooooooo cheesycheesycheesycheesy
Re: Why Is Barcelona Always Favoured By Refs? by Moukandjo: 12:19pm On Feb 05, 2018
sholatech:
The only reason I do not believe Barca are favored by referees is simply because there are also LOADs of referee decisions against them that affected them:wrong penalties against them, many goals ruled as offsides. It is just a propaganda started by Murinho(who doesn't believe anyone wins him without referee assistance)!
In Spanish Liga, this year we saw messi and sanchez goals against osasuna and getafe ruled as offside. This year we saw messi getting 5 yellow cards, even when they were trailing Real Madrid. In the said Chelsea match of 2009, Anelka dived and Barca given Red Card. Thierry Henry was pulled down with two hands in the box and same referee did not give Barca a penalty kick.
Is it Man United or Chelsea that have not overwhelmingly benefitted from referee decisions? In recent weeks, we have seen clear red cards against Real Madrid not awarded, even penalties against them not awarded. But because its not against Jose Murinho, you won't hear such noise.
Ashley Young's Dive still fresh on our minds, Di Maria of Real Madrid is king of diving, Chelsea's goal against Tottenham still attracting goal-line technology; Barca got knocked out by an offside goal scored by Milito. Jose Murinho's Porto had Deco bring down a player that should have been a clear red card not given. So which club has not benefitted from wrong referee decision?
It is just cheap excuses and an orchestrated champaign championed and spread by Jose Murinho who's bitter Barca did not engage me.

I agree referees make mistakes, but it is to all CLUBs, not just Barca. Let's stop insulting Uefa, Fifa, Spanish FA or English FA. They are not fools; these guys run institutions over the years. And if it is money needed to influence referees, then Chelsea, Man United, real madrid, Man City, Malaga etc will be winning all the titles!
Oga, this your comment is still gold 5 years after!

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

EFL Cup Semi Final: Manchester United Vs Hull City (2 - 0) On 10th January 2017 / Crystal Palace Vs Chelsea - (2 - 3) On 7th July 2020 / EPL: Guardiola Reveals Why Man City Defeated Man United

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.