Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,195 members, 7,822,037 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 03:20 AM

Senator David Mark In Critical Condition. Flown To Israel For Treatment - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Senator David Mark In Critical Condition. Flown To Israel For Treatment (26685 Views)

Fulani-Herdsmen Shoot At David Mark In Agatu / Elombah.com Claims That Senator David Mark Lost His Seat / Senator David Mark Receiving Ash On His Forehead Today From A Priest (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Senator David Mark In Critical Condition. Flown To Israel For Treatment by mekasonuk: 9:19am On Apr 19, 2012
We wish him quick recovery, but the government should make spirited effort to equip our local hospitals so that the poor ones at home can also afford good medical treatment.
Re: Senator David Mark In Critical Condition. Flown To Israel For Treatment by buJu234: 9:22am On Apr 19, 2012
how does that concern the average Nigerian;

after all many Nigerians are b rush daily to emergency centres in Hospital all of the Nation
Re: Senator David Mark In Critical Condition. Flown To Israel For Treatment by polokor60(m): 9:24am On Apr 19, 2012
the highest paid senator in the world cannot receive medical treatment in his country because of poor medical facilities.his salary for a month can transform alot of our hospitals with outdated infrastructures to world class medical centres where millions of nigerians will benefit from but because of greed and wickedness, he allocated those millions of naira to himself and his colleages while majority of nigerians are deprived from having the basic social amenities in life.i have no sympathy for him and i, careless he returns dead or alive
Re: Senator David Mark In Critical Condition. Flown To Israel For Treatment by killuminati(m): 9:24am On Apr 19, 2012
strangerf:

What work? How hard is it to sit around and get fat? Trust me, even you, as d/u/m/b as you are ( and you are one of the d/u/m/b/est people i have come across in my life), you can do their work because there is nothing to be done really.
I'm suspecting that you are that rasta comedian called Basketmouth. You just dey crack mi ribs lol. A ya suh nice!!
Re: Senator David Mark In Critical Condition. Flown To Israel For Treatment by PHIPEX(m): 9:29am On Apr 19, 2012
violent: Senator Mark surely understands that there are more than a thousand hospitals in Nigeria and equally likely many thousands of home trained medical experts that could attend to his flagging health. Why travel to Israel?

...ah of cos, none of these hospitals are adequately equipped and perhaps even more frightening is the fact that the local medical experts are under-trained, overworked and underpaid miserable fellows.

Senator Mark doesn't have an incentive to fix this terrible mess even though his office carries enough influence to effect the much needed change....Senator Mark and his family could always jet off to Israel or the United States, the rest of us Nigerians should make do with the terrible medical facilities and frustrated doctors.

In as much as i really want to, It's difficult for me to wish Senator Mark a prompt recovery. I respect more, people who can put their money where their mouth is. If you don't have enough faith in the Medical system after four years of being a Senate President, the individual deserves to be hanged by the balls and his dead body shot for being a miserable failure.

chiteny: When they loot, they keep in Switzerland. When sick,
they go to Germany, India or Israel. When investing, they
go to America or UK. When buying mansions, they visit
London, South of france, dubai, USA, Spain & Ghana.
When shopping, they go to Dubai, France, Italy & Swiss.
When on holidays, they go to Bahamas, Brazil, France,
Malayasia, Turkey, U.S.etc. When educating their
children, they select Europe, Canada & America. When
praying, they go to Saudi Arabia, Vatican city or
Jerusalem. But when they die, they all want to be buried
in Nigeria.

What else can I say?

1 Like

Re: Senator David Mark In Critical Condition. Flown To Israel For Treatment by yunafa(f): 9:30am On Apr 19, 2012
Nigerians, u never cease to amaze me. if someone is ill why can't we just wish them good health? it isn't fair at all to rain curses on someone who is ill.
Re: Senator David Mark In Critical Condition. Flown To Israel For Treatment by hakanai(m): 9:30am On Apr 19, 2012
alj harem:

Amin but was he blind to see the state of our health service ? If he was confident of the job he has been doing in government he should have stayed in Nigeria to receive the treatment we all receive rather than go abroad. There is NO SINGLE WORLD CLASS HOSPITAL IN NIGERIA good enough for them but they expect us to keep using it while they use our money to receive better treatment abroad. That is wicked

^^^Regardless in a situation of death and health,i am not going to wish anyone bad.It is ethical to wish them health as this could even be an experience that God could reach out to them and change there ways.So when who ever falls sick lets wish him well and in death lets wish them a resting place.We are all not perfect and illness/death shall visit us once sometime.About the deplorable state of health care.Lets come out and ask for an improvement or change of the situation.Not necessarily through wishing bad for a sick senate president.The senate is still there and the executives are still there.So we could approach them with our issues and mount pressure on them.
Re: Senator David Mark In Critical Condition. Flown To Israel For Treatment by doctokwus: 9:35am On Apr 19, 2012
bakila:

Since Isreal does not have tough money laundring laws. The fear of 13 years in prison is the begining of change movement abroad.
Funny enuf,u may av a point there;no scheming is beyond d average nigerian politician,dey can use anything as cover to disguise their real intentions
Re: Senator David Mark In Critical Condition. Flown To Israel For Treatment by Nobody: 9:37am On Apr 19, 2012
polokor60: the highest paid senator in the world cannot receive medical treatment in his country because of poor medical facilities.his salary for a month can transform alot of our hospitals with outdated infrastructures to world class medical centres where millions of nigerians will benefit from but because of greed and wickedness, he allocated those millions of naira to himself and his colleages while majority of nigerians are deprived from having the basic social amenities in life.i have no sympathy for him and i, careless he returns dead or alive

I thank you for cutting straight to the chase.
Why is it that some commentators on this thread only see themselves as fodder for over-sized pigs in Nigeria's own animal farm?
Enough of this false sense of piety: a health system fit for talawaka eGuerrilla is certainly good enough for profligate David Mark. I lie? grin

1 Like

Re: Senator David Mark In Critical Condition. Flown To Israel For Treatment by Nobody: 9:39am On Apr 19, 2012
This Ȋ̝̊̅§ really sad! What if A̶̲̥̅ common man fall sick wit d same ailment? What happens? Which way 9ja? Which way?
Re: Senator David Mark In Critical Condition. Flown To Israel For Treatment by SegunO1(m): 9:41am On Apr 19, 2012
cryI think it is a shame for David Mark to live Nigeria for medical treatment in Isreal.
Re: Senator David Mark In Critical Condition. Flown To Israel For Treatment by Biscute(f): 9:41am On Apr 19, 2012
I am wishing him quick recovery [color=#006600][/color]
Re: Senator David Mark In Critical Condition. Flown To Israel For Treatment by Superuser(m): 9:52am On Apr 19, 2012
I pray he gets well soon and return to his office. There shall be no loss IJN.
Re: Senator David Mark In Critical Condition. Flown To Israel For Treatment by brillant(m): 9:53am On Apr 19, 2012
stupid leaders that serves him right, they should make medical facilities available in the country they won't instead they fly around the world for treatment they won't get.
Re: Senator David Mark In Critical Condition. Flown To Israel For Treatment by lacasa: 9:54am On Apr 19, 2012
Kobojunkie: If only they all do not come back when they leave on these trips outside Nigeria for treatment. sad

Ameeeen
Re: Senator David Mark In Critical Condition. Flown To Israel For Treatment by omenziate(m): 9:56am On Apr 19, 2012
One less Big thief to deal with, more than 10000 to go. Do quick die abeg.
Re: Senator David Mark In Critical Condition. Flown To Israel For Treatment by Csami(m): 9:57am On Apr 19, 2012
Drop dead in Israel or have a horrible plane crash while returning.
Re: Senator David Mark In Critical Condition. Flown To Israel For Treatment by FindOut(m): 10:00am On Apr 19, 2012
I beleve 1.5 Billion naira has been budgeted & approved to build new official residences for this man & the speaker (David Mark bought the former one & now another will be built which he wil also buy at the end of his tenure...for peanuts as usual). He has earned & will earn hundreds of millions as salary, enuf to build world class hospitals for the masses & him. Many people have died & r still dying due to lack of a proper health care system thanx to the excesses & non-chalance of our leaders including this man.
Now he's off to Isreal & we r supposed to wish him speedy recovery?
Re: Senator David Mark In Critical Condition. Flown To Israel For Treatment by Gbawe: 10:00am On Apr 19, 2012
The article does not mention, anywhere, that David Mark is in "critical condition". This thread is simply sensational.
Re: Senator David Mark In Critical Condition. Flown To Israel For Treatment by dubem3(m): 10:02am On Apr 19, 2012
am confused really:
what do i wish a man who indirectly wishes me ill by messing up our health system either by doing nothing or by carting away money allocated to it?
Is he not the same as a man who i find aiming his gun at me? If i shoot such a man is it not called self defence?
Is it really so hard to differentiate good from bad?
But then:
if i were in his shoes will i be any better?
Still yet:
does the fact that i won't be any better justify wrong actions and ill wishes?

Am just thinking to myself.

1 Like

Re: Senator David Mark In Critical Condition. Flown To Israel For Treatment by Nobody: 10:03am On Apr 19, 2012
[quote author=chiteny]When they loot, they keep in Switzerland. When sick,
they go to Germany, India or Israel.
When investing, they
go to America or UK. When buying mansions, they visit
London, South of france, dubai, USA, Spain & Ghana.
When shopping, they go to Dubai, France, Italy & Swiss.
When on holidays, they go to Bahamas, Brazil, France,
Malayasia, Turkey, U.S.etc. When educating their
children, they select Europe, Canada & America. When
praying, they go to Saudi Arabia, Vatican city
Re: Senator David Mark In Critical Condition. Flown To Israel For Treatment by treasuremi1(m): 10:03am On Apr 19, 2012
strangerf:

What work? How hard is it to sit around and get fat? Trust me, even you, as d/u/m/b as you are ( and you are one of the d/u/m/b/est people i have come across in my life), you can do their work because there is nothing to be done really.
what is d cause of d insults now.u r a real trouble maker.
Re: Senator David Mark In Critical Condition. Flown To Israel For Treatment by anataala: 10:08am On Apr 19, 2012
he should have taken to his village hospital for treatment, useless politicians
Re: Senator David Mark In Critical Condition. Flown To Israel For Treatment by Nobody: 10:12am On Apr 19, 2012
Gbawe: The article does not mention, anywhere, that David Mark is in "critical condition". This thread is simply sensational.

True.
You think this is a case of seagulls following the trawler, hoping that sardines will be thrown into the sea (Eric Cantona)? grin

Senate President, David Mark left Abuja yesterday for Tel-Aviv, Israel, for medical care.

Mark, who was accompanied by his wife Helen, is scheduled to undergo treatment at the Asuta Hospital, according to his Special Adviser on Media, Mr. Kola Ologbondiyan.
He gave no details of the medicare but said his principal was referred to Israel by his Nigerian doctors.

Mark was seen off at the Nnamdi Azikiwe International Airport, Abuja by the Israeli Ambassador to Nigeria, Moshe Ram.
Last month, the Senate President was at the National Hospital Abuja where he undertook what was described as minor dental and eye care services.
Source
Re: Senator David Mark In Critical Condition. Flown To Israel For Treatment by konami001: 10:19am On Apr 19, 2012
Its not only medical purposes that makes people go to Israel. You can go to Israel for intelligence reasons but you will tell the newspapers a cover story as an excuse or people will start thinking something else.
Re: Senator David Mark In Critical Condition. Flown To Israel For Treatment by raystanley(m): 10:27am On Apr 19, 2012
Oh! I guess he must ve' gone to Israel for treatment to make more research on how equipt their hospital is, so to influence it in Nigeria's hospital. :- grin
Re: Senator David Mark In Critical Condition. Flown To Israel For Treatment by Nobody: 10:28am On Apr 19, 2012
killuminati:
I'm suspecting that you are that rasta comedian called Basketmouth. You just dey crack mi ribs lol. A ya suh nice!!

lai lai, basketmouth is an Ibo man this dude is a Yoruba.... i dey suspect TA or AY grin grin
Re: Senator David Mark In Critical Condition. Flown To Israel For Treatment by marcopollo(m): 10:28am On Apr 19, 2012
Ileke-IdI:
I 've always wondered; who gets their work done while they're oversea?
Abeg, which work?
Re: Senator David Mark In Critical Condition. Flown To Israel For Treatment by deshclones(m): 10:29am On Apr 19, 2012
Segun, O:
cryI think it is a shame for David Mark [b]to live [/b]Nigeria for medical treatment in Isreal.

hell yeah...guess they neglected the education sector too.... shocked shocked shocked
Re: Senator David Mark In Critical Condition. Flown To Israel For Treatment by Eltonluigi(m): 10:30am On Apr 19, 2012
Is he dead yet??
Re: Senator David Mark In Critical Condition. Flown To Israel For Treatment by phreakabit(m): 10:32am On Apr 19, 2012
Wishing our beloved Senator David Mark speedy and peaceful death!
Re: Senator David Mark In Critical Condition. Flown To Israel For Treatment by raystanley(m): 10:34am On Apr 19, 2012
raystanley: Oh! I guess he must ve' gone to Israel for treatment to make more research on how equipt their hospital is, so to influence it in Nigeria's hospital. :- grin
Na today e..!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

I Pray Nigeria Oil Dries Up, Says Governor Nasiru El-rufai / Violent Deaths: 1,351 Killed In 10 Weeks, North-East Tops List, South-East Least / Profile Of Members of Buhari's New Economic Advisory Council

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.