Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,497 members, 7,816,184 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:10 AM

Right Thinking - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Right Thinking (4398 Views)

I Am Now Thinking Like An ATHEIST. Help!! / Always Thinking Of Sex, Sport Bet Among Others, How Do I Stay Focused In Church / Free Thinking! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Right Thinking by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:54pm On Apr 24, 2012
Logic Mind:

from a bigger explosion
And this brings us to the final question: What is the ultimate cause of the bigger explosion that caused it to go b-ang?
Re: Right Thinking by logicboy: 3:02pm On Apr 24, 2012
Olaadegbu, your turn is coming soon. See what happened to Tbaba;

https://www.nairaland.com/922276/end-credibility-tbaba-religion
Re: Right Thinking by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:29pm On Apr 24, 2012
logicboy: Olaadegbu, your turn is coming soon. See what happened to Tbaba;

https://www.nairaland.com/922276/end-credibility-tbaba-religion

How does that explain the ultimate cause of the universe? You can't think crooked and walk straight.
Re: Right Thinking by logicboy: 3:32pm On Apr 24, 2012
OLAADEGBU:
How does that explain the ultimate cause of the universe? You can't think crooked and walk straight.

It doesnt explain the ultimate cause of the universe.

I am just randomly saying that you're going down with your religion like Tbaba soon.
Re: Right Thinking by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:39pm On Apr 24, 2012
logicboy:

It doesnt explain the ultimate cause of the universe.

I am just randomly saying that you're going down with your religion like Tbaba soon.
How about your religion or ideologies of evolution that fail to answer the foundational question?
Re: Right Thinking by logicboy: 3:47pm On Apr 24, 2012
OLAADEGBU:
How about your religion or ideologies of evolution that fail to answer the foundational question?

I dont have any religion. I am not a scientist and I didnt need science to become an atheist.

Evolution is not meant to explain the origin of matter. There is the big bang theory for that.

Your bible is not even a credible explanation for the origin of matter. Neither is it a credible evidence for God.

The wheels of your religion are coming off;

http://au.news.yahoo.com/a/-/newshome/13381016/pell-says-adam-and-eve-didnt-exist
Re: Right Thinking by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:54pm On Apr 24, 2012
logicboy:

I dont have any religion. I am not a scientist and I didnt need science to become an atheist.

Evolution is not meant to explain the origin of matter. There is the big bang theory for that.

Your bible is not even a credible explanation for the origin of matter. Neither is it a credible evidence for God.

http://au.news.yahoo.com/a/-/newshome/13381016/pell-says-adam-and-eve-didnt-exist
Since evolution and the big b-ang theories don't answer the foundational questions what do you think the answers are?
Re: Right Thinking by logicboy: 4:01pm On Apr 24, 2012
OLAADEGBU:
Since evolution and the big b-ang theories don't answer the foundational questions what do you think the answeres are?

Evolution confirms that man was not created. That is one answer you keep ignoring.

However, the bible is not an answer to any question to our origins. More and more people are accepting that the Adam and Eve story is a myth;

Science might find out the whole story of the beginning of the universe, or it may not. However, the bible/christianity has never and will never find out the whole story.
Re: Right Thinking by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:08pm On Apr 24, 2012
logicboy:

Evolution confirms that man was not created. That is one answer you keep ignoring.
Really? I thought you said that evolution doesn't have anything to do with the origin of life, how come it suddenly confirms that man was not created?

logicboy:
However, the bible is not an answer to any question to our origins. More and more people are accepting that the Adam and Eve story is a myth;

http://au.news.yahoo.com/a/-/ newshome/13381016/pell-says-adam-and-eve-didnt-exist
Sure. So you think that every other ideology may be the answer but you know for sure that the bible is not the answer to the foundation questions? Adam and Eve story are true myths if you care to know.

logicboy:
Science might find out the whole story of the beginning of the universe, or it may not. However, the bible/christianity has never and will never find out the whole story.
You have no logical argument to back up your claim, all you said up there is just an emotional, illogical and unscientific summation which has no evidence.
Re: Right Thinking by bigd4050: 5:15pm On Apr 24, 2012
logicboy:

Your getting your facts off of yahoo? Seriously? More people might think its a myth, but that doesn't mean they are right.

The Bible does answer our questions, and already does have the full story. It is evolution that is trying to catch up. But you will never find your answers. You cannot say that the universe was just formed from nothing, because that refutes all your scientific principles. Yet we had to have nothing at some point, because the earth had to start somehow,so your stuck in your evolutionary box. You cannot advance anywhere in evolution.
Re: Right Thinking by LogicMind: 5:18pm On Apr 24, 2012
OLAADEGBU:
And this brings us to the final question: What is the ultimate cause of the bigger explosion that caused it to go b-ang?

a really bigger mighty bang.

Let me put it to you this way:
everything is inside something else and are not unique.
my organs are inside me. i'm inside my cave, my cave is inside the earth, the earth is inside the milky way, the milky way is inside our expanding universe, logic tells me that our universe must be inside something else which in itself is inside something else and so on. So i believe there was not one big explosion but innumerable, and billions more are still happenning every second as we speak.
Re: Right Thinking by brainpulse: 5:20pm On Apr 24, 2012
logicboy:

That means you also dwell on a believe that gives only half baked information. Why can't what you believe in prove what you believe? And you know it couldn't give some explanation It's absurd
Re: Right Thinking by brainpulse: 5:22pm On Apr 24, 2012
Logic Mind:

my organs are inside me. i'm inside my cave, my cave is inside the earth, the earth is inside the milky way, the milky way is inside our expanding universe, logic tells me that our universe must be inside something else which in itself is inside something else and so on. So i believe there was not one big explosion but innumerable, and billions more are still happenning every second as we speak.

You are thinking like a suckling child?
Re: Right Thinking by logicboy: 5:34pm On Apr 24, 2012
brainpulse:

That means you also dwell on a believe that gives only half baked information. Why can't what you believe in prove what you believe? And you know it couldn't give some explanation It's absurd

Evolution is half baked?? It is one of the strongest scientific theories!

Tell me what flaws have you seen in evolution as a theory?
Re: Right Thinking by LogicMind: 5:37pm On Apr 24, 2012
brainpulse:

You are thinking like a suckling child?

No. I'm thinking freely.
try it for a change. it's marvelous.
Re: Right Thinking by bigd4050: 5:37pm On Apr 24, 2012
logicboy:

Evolution is half baked?? It is one of the strongest scientific theories!

Tell me what flaws have you seen in evolution as a theory?

The fact that you say animals and people have evolved, when there is no evidence of that or of fossils of animals in the in between stages. The fact that evolution tries to debunk God when it can't, and doesn't explain how the world started, which is crucial when you try to debunk religion.
Re: Right Thinking by logicboy: 5:37pm On Apr 24, 2012
bigd4050:

Your getting your facts off of yahoo? Seriously? More people might think its a myth, but that doesn't mean they are right.

The Bible does answer our questions, and already does have the full story. It is evolution that is trying to catch up. But you will never find your answers. You cannot say that the universe was just formed from nothing, because that refutes all your scientific principles. Yet we had to have nothing at some point, because the earth had to start somehow,so your stuck in your evolutionary box. You cannot advance anywhere in evolution.

The yahoo link was a news clip. It has nothing to do with establishing facts- stop grasping at straws

The bible answers nothing. If you are stupid enough to believe that two people were created and they populated the earth while incest is ungodly, then you are brain dead. You need to reboot your brain.

The bible is a guess or just a random story on how humanity should be and God's will. You can not prove that God exists.
Re: Right Thinking by logicboy: 5:41pm On Apr 24, 2012
OLAADEGBU:
Really? I thought you said that evolution doesn't have anything to do with the origin of life, how come it suddenly confirms that man was not created?

Sure. So you think that every other ideology may be the answer but you know for sure that the bible is not the answer to the foundation questions? Adam and Eve story are true myths if you care to know.

You have no logical argument to back up your claim, all you said up there is just an emotional, illogical and unscientific summation which has no evidence.

Evolution is not meant to explain the origin of matter or how the world came about. The fact that it debunks your creationist tale from the bible doesnt mean that it is meant to explain such origins.

Evolution is just simply change in some characteristics of organisms to be short- it is not meant to explain the origin of matter
Re: Right Thinking by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:44pm On Apr 24, 2012
Logic Mind:

This is the closest you're going to get to a big b-ang.

Re: Right Thinking by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:49pm On Apr 24, 2012
logicboy:

Evolution is not meant to explain the origin of matter or how the world came about. The fact that it debunks your creationist tale from the bible doesnt mean that it is meant to explain such origins.

Evolution is just simply change in some characteristics of organisms to be short- it is not meant to explain the origin of matter
Evolution cannot explain because it hasn't got the answers. The Bible has all the answers to the foundation questions and more.

Re: Right Thinking by brainpulse: 5:51pm On Apr 24, 2012
logicboy:

If it doesn't explain then how can it debunk. You are a learned fellow i believe. If a theory will debunk another theory, it will explain the limitation in the theory and the origin it wanted to debunk before it can be an authority in the field of knowledge.

You can't debunk a documented fact with error, it is fallacy. And your tone of the side of the evolution you supported means that it was deliberate because you choose it not because of its credibility. Someone like would want something that could be proven in all sphere of credibility
Re: Right Thinking by logicboy: 5:52pm On Apr 24, 2012
bigd4050:

The fact that you say animals and people have evolved, when there is no evidence of that or of fossils of animals in the in between stages
. The fact that evolution tries to debunk God when it can't, and doesn't explain how the world started, which is crucial when you try to debunk religion.

The bold part is a lie. There are transitional fossils. A transitional fossil is any fossilized remains of a life form that exhibits traits common to both an ancestral group and its derived descendant group http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Transitional_fossil

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M96bkdohMZE
Re: Right Thinking by bigd4050: 5:52pm On Apr 24, 2012
logicboy:

The yahoo link was a news clip. It has nothing to do with establishing facts- stop grasping at straws

The bible answers nothing. If you are stupid enough to believe that two people were created and they populated the earth while incest is ungodly, then you are brain dead. You need to reboot your brain.

The bible is a guess or just a random story on how humanity should be and God's will. You can not prove that God exists.

If it has nothing to do with facts, then it has no place on this thread. Leave your stupid blogs in your bookmarks.

If the Bible is just a guess, so is evolution, and neither can disprove each other. So I guess we are stuck. At least the Bible gives answer to everything important, unlike evolution, which people claim holds all the answer even tho it doesn't answer very much at all. You can't prove God doesn't exist.
Re: Right Thinking by brainpulse: 5:52pm On Apr 24, 2012
LogicBoy my dear friend bye for today
Re: Right Thinking by logicboy: 5:54pm On Apr 24, 2012
brainpulse:

If it doesn't explain then how can it debunk. You are a learned fellow i believe. If a theory will debunk another theory, it will explain the limitation in the theory and the origin it wanted to debunk before it can be an authority in the field of knowledge.

You can't debunk a documented fact with error, it is fallacy. And your tone of the side of the evolution you supported means that it was deliberate because you choose it not because of its credibility. Someone like would want something that could be proven in all sphere of credibility

Evolution shows that human beings were not created 6000 years ago as a consequence. Evolution does not have to explain creation, it just shows that man existed in other forms beyond 6000 years ago
Re: Right Thinking by bigd4050: 5:54pm On Apr 24, 2012
logicboy:

The bold part is a lie. There are transitional fossils. A transitional fossil is any fossilized remains of a life form that exhibits traits common to both an ancestral group and its derived descendant group http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Transitional_fossil

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M96bkdohMZE

Your post is wrong. Everything on that wikipedia site showed pretty much just dinosaurs, which are now extinct. It didn't show any transitional fossils of things alive today.
Re: Right Thinking by bigd4050: 5:54pm On Apr 24, 2012
I gotta get going too
Re: Right Thinking by logicboy: 6:00pm On Apr 24, 2012
bigd4050:

If it has nothing to do with facts, then it has no place on this thread. Leave your stupid blogs in your bookmarks.

If the Bible is just a guess, so is evolution, and neither can disprove each other. So I guess we are stuck. At least the Bible gives answer to everything important, unlike evolution, which people claim holds all the answer even tho it doesn't answer very much at all. You can't prove God doesn't exist.

My God! If you said this in public in the UK, you would be put on youtube as "another dumb christian"

Evolution is a guess? Evolution that has numerous evidence (fossils, bacterial resistance to antibiotics) supporting it? What does the bible have to support walking on water or Adam and Eve or talking snakes?

No scientist will claim that evolution answers all the questions about the origin of life. You are lying.
Re: Right Thinking by logicboy: 6:02pm On Apr 24, 2012
bigd4050:

Your post is wrong. Everything on that wikipedia site showed pretty much just dinosaurs, which are now extinct. It didn't show any transitional fossils of things alive today.

You are lying again;

1)You ignored the human fossil on the same link http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Transitional_fossil#Australopithecus_afarensis

2)You ignored the human fossils in the video
Re: Right Thinking by logicboy: 6:05pm On Apr 24, 2012
OLAADEGBU:
Evolution cannot explain because it hasn't got the answers. The Bible has all the answers to the foundation questions and more.

The bible has no answer or do you believe that two people populated the whole earth? How did Adam and Eve have grandchildren without incest? Do you believe in talking snakes?
Re: Right Thinking by logicboy: 6:08pm On Apr 24, 2012
Olaadegbu are you not impressed? Are you not entertained? I have sent two of your religious buddies running!

Now, imagine if I were a scientist! The intellectual battering that your pals received would be more brutal grin grin grin grin
Re: Right Thinking by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:32pm On Apr 24, 2012
logicboy: Olaadegbu are you not impressed? Are you not entertained? I have sent two of your religious buddies running!

Now, imagine if I were a scientist! The intellectual battering that your pals received would be more brutal grin grin grin grin

Could they have left because of the way you think?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Whitney Houston and Micheal Jackson made It To Heaven. / Where Will Suicide Victims Go: Heaven Or Hellfire? / Is This Pastor Chris Oyakhilome's New Wife?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.