Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,484 members, 7,830,445 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 10:21 PM

State Govt Of Osun New Policies On Education, What's Your Opinion. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / State Govt Of Osun New Policies On Education, What's Your Opinion. (6322 Views)

Buhari (apc), Should Copy This New Policies From India's Prime Minister"way Out" / New Policies To Boost Business Coming Soon – Buhari / Education: What Wike Needs To Learn From Ameachi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

State Govt Of Osun New Policies On Education, What's Your Opinion. by Nobody: 10:49am On Apr 19, 2012
The primary and secondary education that will now have will be scrapped, what will now exist is:
1. Elementary school (Pry 1-Pry 3 students),
2. Middle school (Pry 4-Js 3 students),
3. High school (Ss 1- Ss 3 students). Osogbo will have 3 schools for students of high school, Ilesha will have 2, towns like Iwo, Ile-Ife and others are likely to have 2 as well, while some local govt that are small might have just one, he'll demolish, rebuild and rename some schools to Govt high schools for students of high schools (christians rejects this because most of the schools are mission schools). Students in the state from Pry 1-Ss 3 will now wear the same uniform (the uniform that cause trouble between him and Christians because of the hijab which he has removed). Questions arising are, will the distance not affects students? what will happen to students in villages who have maybe just a secondary school before and it's likely to be turned to either elementary of middle schools? what will happen to principals and headteachers? Will the students themselve be happy with the new system? Will the students be happy wearing the same uniform?, etc. What's your opinion.
Re: State Govt Of Osun New Policies On Education, What's Your Opinion. by Nobody: 2:00pm On Apr 19, 2012
Very soon civil servants will be wearing uniform just like OYES guys, na so him buy bicycle for some of them, youth empowerment indeed, let's wait and see.
Re: State Govt Of Osun New Policies On Education, What's Your Opinion. by Demdem(m): 2:42pm On Apr 19, 2012
@ Poster,

Abegii, where is ur source?
Re: State Govt Of Osun New Policies On Education, What's Your Opinion. by Standing5(m): 2:45pm On Apr 19, 2012
State of Osun ?? ?? ?? what do u mean by that. please give us a link. . . please!!!.
Re: State Govt Of Osun New Policies On Education, What's Your Opinion. by Nobody: 3:29pm On Apr 19, 2012
Demdem: @ Poster,

Abegii, where is ur source?
Source? Ogbeni himself declared this in a meeting with religious leaders on April 18, 2012 in order to clear the air on the allegation of trying to islamize the state.
Re: State Govt Of Osun New Policies On Education, What's Your Opinion. by Nobody: 3:30pm On Apr 19, 2012
Standing5: State of Osun ?? ?? ?? what do u mean by that. please give us a link. . . please!!!.
Yes State of Osun, that's how we refer to our state now.
Re: State Govt Of Osun New Policies On Education, What's Your Opinion. by Nobody: 3:38pm On Apr 19, 2012
Awhy.com:
Very soon civil servants will be wearing uniform just like OYES guys, na so him buy bicycle for some of them, youth empowerment indeed, let's wait and see.

lmao...... that ogbeni is one krazy dude. shey na bmx abi na rally or mountain bike im buy? I am sure its those ones used by palm wine tappers, last I heard about OYES was that they were busy planting flowers all over the state.... LOL
Re: State Govt Of Osun New Policies On Education, What's Your Opinion. by Fmarshal360(m): 3:38pm On Apr 19, 2012
If this is true, it will bring confussion & discomfort.
Re: State Govt Of Osun New Policies On Education, What's Your Opinion. by Nobody: 3:43pm On Apr 19, 2012
In the whole of State of Osun we will have 170 govt schools, 100 elementary school, 50 middle school and 20 high school. http://www.osunstate.gov.ng/index.php/agenda/promote-functional-education.html
Re: State Govt Of Osun New Policies On Education, What's Your Opinion. by Nobody: 3:45pm On Apr 19, 2012
saxywale:

I am sure its those ones used by palm wine tappers.
Exactly
Re: State Govt Of Osun New Policies On Education, What's Your Opinion. by Fmarshal360(m): 3:50pm On Apr 19, 2012
How is it possible for a state to design it's education system? I dont immagine it's possibility.
Re: State Govt Of Osun New Policies On Education, What's Your Opinion. by Nobody: 3:51pm On Apr 19, 2012
salakobaba: In the whole of State of Osun we will have 170 govt schools, 100 elementary school, 50 middle school and 20 high school. http://www.osunstate.gov.ng/index.php/agenda/promote-functional-education.html

So now its 3-6-3-4 in the state of Osun. Why is he renaming and changing uniforms of pupils and students? Why is he causing confusion? This man thinks he is Kim Jung-il, the supreme leader. He really needs to have his head examine
Re: State Govt Of Osun New Policies On Education, What's Your Opinion. by Demdem(m): 3:56pm On Apr 19, 2012
salakobaba: In the whole of State of Osun we will have 170 govt schools, 100 elementary school, 50 middle school and 20 high school. http://www.osunstate.gov.ng/index.php/agenda/promote-functional-education.html

Stop this misrepresentation. nothing in that article suggests that Aregbe wants to change the educational system of osun.
Re: State Govt Of Osun New Policies On Education, What's Your Opinion. by Fmarshal360(m): 3:58pm On Apr 19, 2012
saxywale:

So now its 3-6-3-4 in the state of Osun. Why is he renaming and changing uniforms of pupils and students? Why is he causing confusion? This man thinks he is Kim Jung-il, the supreme leader. He really needs to have his head examine
he wants to implement policies that his pre-decessors didn't implement for the sake of name,...but that is not how.
Re: State Govt Of Osun New Policies On Education, What's Your Opinion. by Nobody: 3:59pm On Apr 19, 2012
Demdem:

Stop this misrepresentation. nothing in that article suggests that Aregbe wants to change the educational system of osun.

But high school, middle school and elementary school was mentioned, what the fc.uk is a middle school in the Nigerian educational system .. :/
Re: State Govt Of Osun New Policies On Education, What's Your Opinion. by Nobody: 4:03pm On Apr 19, 2012
3-6-3. 100 elementary schools for 30 local govt, 50 middle schools for 30 local govt, 20 high school for 30 local govt. OMG, Some local govt will not even have a single high school.
Re: State Govt Of Osun New Policies On Education, What's Your Opinion. by Gbawe: 4:05pm On Apr 19, 2012
saxywale:

lmao...... that ogbeni is one krazy dude. shey na bmx abi na rally or mountain bike im buy? I am sure its those ones used by palm wine tapers.... LOL

Until we see a comprehensive breakdown of the proposed new education policy, no sensible person should speak decidely on what this OP has stated here, conveniently , with no link.

Pointless speaking as if this is some ad-hoc and autocratic action from Aregbesola if one knows the effort put into revamping the education sector in osun. Aregbesola is very passionate about education and indeed, shortly after being sworn in, convened an education summit headed by Wole Soyinka. I am sure this new Policy OP is talking about is the result of the submission of the committee.

The Deputy Governor of Osun is in charge of education. In fairness to Osun, they have engaged technocrats of the highest merit and experience to look at the education system and brainstorm a comprehensive way forward. Whatever is delivered will be the work of these folks. I suggest therefore that folks refrain from insulting what might be a very good education policy, delivered by suggestions from the likes of Soyinka, because of this talk from the OP.

http://www.osundefender.org/?p=28529

Osun N30 Billion Infrastructure.

Immediately the administration of Mr Rauf Aregbesola was sworn-in into office in November 2010, the governor revealed his vision to restructure the education sector in the state, thereby organising an education summit headed by renowned Professor Wole Soyinka, with a view to seeking panacea to the ailing sector in the state. Part of the conclusion of the summit is the total restructuring of the system. This piece examined the decision of the state government to rebuild schools and the feelings of the stakeholders on a project government is committing N30 billion to realise.

A journey to the 30 local government council areas and the area office in Modakeke of Osun State revealed a common feature among the public schools, dilapidated buildings, inadequate seating materials for the teeming students and the unavailability of reading materials in the buildings called libraries in virtually all the schools. This was the situation when the state deputy governor, who is also in charge of Education in the state, Chief (Mrs) Grace Laoye-Tomori, during her tour of schools in the state.

However, a prototype of the new schools the state government is embarking on is at completion stage, located at the former Salvation Army Primary School, Oke-Fia, Osogbo, for the Middle school, while contractors are at the two other sites for the Elementary and High schools in Ile-Ife and Ejigbo respectively.

The governor, while setting a committee on building the new schools, disclosed that it would build schools across the state and would be spending about N30 billion for the project which would be completed within 24 months.

Re: State Govt Of Osun New Policies On Education, What's Your Opinion. by Nobody: 4:06pm On Apr 19, 2012
Demdem:

Elementary, middle & high, what's the meaning?
Re: State Govt Of Osun New Policies On Education, What's Your Opinion. by Nobody: 4:09pm On Apr 19, 2012
Gbawe:

Until we see a comprehensive breakdown of the proposed new education policy, no sensible person should speak decidely on what this OP has stated here, conveniently , with no link.

Pointless speaking as if this is some ad-hoc and autocratic action from Aregbesola if one knows the effort put into revamping the education sector in osun. Aregbesola is very passionate about education and indeed, shortly after being sworn in, convened an education summit headed by Wole Soyinka. I am sure this new Policy OP is talking about is the result of the submission of the committee.

The Deputy Governor of Osun is in charge of education. In fairness to Osun, they have engaged technocrats of the highest merit and experience to look at the education system and brainstorm a comprehensive way forward. Whatever is delivered will be the work of these folks. I suggest therefore that folks refrain from insulting what might be a very good education policy, delivered by suggestions from the likes of Soyinka, because of this talk from the OP.

http://www.osundefender.org/?p=28529

He asked for your opinion, if there's nothing like that, then explain elementary, middle and high school.
Re: State Govt Of Osun New Policies On Education, What's Your Opinion. by Gbawe: 4:14pm On Apr 19, 2012
Demdem:

Precisely. Besides, this is not some haphazard policy we are seeing now. Anything delivered is the provision of the education summit ,headed by Wole Soyinka, seeking solutions for the Education challenges of Osun. We all know the score with education in Nigeria. Unlike most Nigerian Governors, Aregbesola did not pander to politics or play game with the sector. He engaged folks who are very passionate about education to help the state deliver solutions.
Re: State Govt Of Osun New Policies On Education, What's Your Opinion. by Gbawe: 4:18pm On Apr 19, 2012
salaksmana:
He asked for your opinion, if there's nothing like that, then explain elementary, middle and high school.

Why should I explain anything when, to start with, the rudimentary submissions you provide here ,that might just be wholesale misinterpretation, is really not worth commenting on? I am just telling the chap calling Aregbesola a "Crazy dude" to wait for something comprehensive and official, as is sensible, before insulting others needlessly.
Re: State Govt Of Osun New Policies On Education, What's Your Opinion. by Nobody: 4:29pm On Apr 19, 2012
Gbawe:

Why should I explain anything when, to start with, the rudimentary submissions you provide here ,that might just be wholesale misinterpretation, is really not worth commenting on? I am just telling the chap calling Aregbesola a "Crazy dude" to wait for something comprehensive and official, as is sensible, before insulting others needlessly.
Ok sir, we will wait till high school students start travelling to get to there school since there's only going to be 20 of those in the state (I think that one has be declared officially of the state's website)
Re: State Govt Of Osun New Policies On Education, What's Your Opinion. by strangerf: 4:48pm On Apr 19, 2012
Blindly following the American system, for someone who couldnt make it to a real university . . . very sad. Never again in the history of Osun State will a Poly graduate be allowed so much power and influence. Inferior brains will always come up with inferior policies.

1 Like

Re: State Govt Of Osun New Policies On Education, What's Your Opinion. by Nobody: 4:49pm On Apr 19, 2012
salaksmana:
Ok sir, we will wait till high school students start travelling to get to there school since there's only going to be 20 of those in the state (I think that one has be declared officially of the state's website)

What I have come to realise is most of the pro-aregbe on NL don't live in Osun state so I don't take them serious. Aregbe is human, he can make mistakes but to pro aregbe, he is the messiah of Osun state just because he is a member of ACN.
Re: State Govt Of Osun New Policies On Education, What's Your Opinion. by strangerf: 4:52pm On Apr 19, 2012
saxywale:

What I have come to realise is most of the pro-aregbe on NL don't live in Osun state so I don't take them serious. Aregbe is human, he can make mistakes but to pro aregbe, he is the messiah of Osun state just because he is a member of ACN.

I agree. Gbawe knows next to nothing about Osun. The only reason he praises Aregbe is because his brother became a senator, unfairly, on the platform of ACN.
Re: State Govt Of Osun New Policies On Education, What's Your Opinion. by Nobody: 4:58pm On Apr 19, 2012
strangerf:

I agree. Gbawe knows next to nothing about Osun. The only reason he praises Aregbe is because his brother became a senator, unfairly, on the platform of ACN.
So his brother is a senator, that's good, I won't argue with him again because I'm looking for connection. I wonder why someone will be defending what Aregbe himself will not if you ask him.
Re: State Govt Of Osun New Policies On Education, What's Your Opinion. by Gbawe: 5:27pm On Apr 19, 2012
saxywale:

To be honest, how decent or balanced do you sound when you wade in to be insulting Aregbesola based on what a poster alleges with no corroboration? Come on geezer, no one is defending Aregbesola here. If anything, the issue here is about folks attacking him blindly. The same way you think some defend Aregbesola blindly , even as that is clearly not the case here, is how others can say you attack him blindly because, here for example, you demonstrate an unfair readiness to believe anything negative against the man !!!!

Rather, let us raise the standards of discussion on this forum by challenging ourselves to speak based on facts. There is nothing official to what the OP states. Why can't you, if a fair person, ask OP to provide a link before you start dishing out insults and blame?
Re: State Govt Of Osun New Policies On Education, What's Your Opinion. by Gbawe: 5:45pm On Apr 19, 2012
salaksmana:

Sir, just accept correction and move on. What sort of forum do you want this to be when anyone can just say what they want without link , about politics for that matter, and you then expect us to discuss matters based on their subsmission alone? Does that not reveal a lot about anyone willing to do that? I.e get excited and judgemental over what, frankly, is no more than gossip and conjecture suitable for the romance/Nollywood section of NL?
Re: State Govt Of Osun New Policies On Education, What's Your Opinion. by Beaf: 5:49pm On Apr 19, 2012
salakobaba:
Yes State of Osun, that's how we refer to our state now.
No let SSS come pack you by mistake o! grin
Funny stuff!
Re: State Govt Of Osun New Policies On Education, What's Your Opinion. by Nobody: 6:32pm On Apr 19, 2012
Beaf:
No let SSS come pack you by mistake o! grin
Funny stuff!
No be me o, na Ogbeni dem go pack.
Re: State Govt Of Osun New Policies On Education, What's Your Opinion. by jmaine: 6:56pm On Apr 19, 2012
This thread go rock wella . .if this happens to be true . . .Guess we need to wait, see and observe . .
Re: State Govt Of Osun New Policies On Education, What's Your Opinion. by Nobody: 6:57pm On Apr 19, 2012

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Hon. Ibrahim Babajide Obanikoro Steps Out With Female Best Friend (photos) / Why Racism Will Never End / Pics Of The Burnt Onitsha Mosques........nothing Was Left Out Even Blocks.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.