Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,350 members, 7,836,425 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 07:38 AM

The Reasons You Must Stop Arguing With Atheist. - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Reasons You Must Stop Arguing With Atheist. (7025 Views)

Please, Stop Arguing About Chris Okotie And The Catholic Church / Please, Stop Arguing About Chris Okotie And The Catholic Church / Stop Arguing With Atheists (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Reasons You Must Stop Arguing With Atheist. by Jack65: 12:26pm On Apr 21, 2012
D sage:
2.many of them are christains before,so they had a strong reason to become atheists.

3.they understood bible more than many of our christains brothen,infact one cant be an atheist without any religion background.

CEHCK!!! Of course most atheist were Christians or Muslims before becoming an atheist. Also you don't just call yourself an atheist, it takes some level of reasoning and questions (unanswered of course) to come to the conclusion that god does not really exist. And that reasoning leads us to actually examine the bible or koran, thereby coming to that logical conclusion.

Therefore the problem with Christianity and other revealed religions is their inabilty or should I say fear of asking questions. They simply chose to swallow everything their bible and pastor says hook line and sinker. And then blame it on FAITH!

Thank god I am an Atheist!
Re: The Reasons You Must Stop Arguing With Atheist. by tbaba1234: 12:49pm On Apr 21, 2012
Jack65:

CEHCK!!! Of course most atheist were Christians or Muslims before becoming an atheist. Also you don't just call yourself an atheist, it takes some level of reasoning and questions (unanswered of course) to come to the conclusion that god does not really exist. And that reasoning leads us to actually examine the bible or koran, thereby coming to that logical conclusion.

Therefore the problem with Christianity and other revealed religions is their inabilty or should I say fear of asking questions. They simply chose to swallow everything their bible and pastor says hook line and sinker. And then blame it on FAITH!

^ Muslim believe that faith is a consequence of reason and evidence. There is no such thing as blind faith.

We can have a discussion on the questions that informs your atheism.
Re: The Reasons You Must Stop Arguing With Atheist. by Nobody: 1:32pm On Apr 21, 2012
tbaba1234:

^ Muslim believe that faith is a consequence of reason and evidence

Faith is the consequence of the evidence of absence and reason.
Re: The Reasons You Must Stop Arguing With Atheist. by DeepSight(m): 1:37pm On Apr 21, 2012
Faith in what, Martian, I think you need to define.

You have faith yourself - in certain things. You may for example have faith in the loyalty of a loved one, no? Faith in your ability to pass an exam, no?

If you can have faith in these things, why? Its because you have experienced such loyalty, or such ability. As such you have faith. It comes from your experience.

Now tell me, in that light - why can I not have faith for example, in my dreams - if it has been my life long experience that my dreams consistently play out in reality with precision shortly after they occur. In such a circumstance, is it not only natural that I will have faith in the consistency of my dreams?

Now, if I can have faith in my dreams, why can someone else not have faith in say, his prayers?

Now, what is the distance between faith in prayer and faith in God?

Sometimes we should not allow the excess of our critical exuberance to make us attempt to do the undoable: namely: attempt to limit the boundaries of someone else's reality.
Re: The Reasons You Must Stop Arguing With Atheist. by Nobody: 1:38pm On Apr 21, 2012
Deep Sight:

You know kind of faith I'm talking about.
Re: The Reasons You Must Stop Arguing With Atheist. by DeepSight(m): 1:43pm On Apr 21, 2012
^ ^ ^
Deep Sight:

Sometimes we should not allow the excess of our critical exuberance to make us attempt to do the undoable: namely: attempt to limit the boundaries of someone else's reality.
Re: The Reasons You Must Stop Arguing With Atheist. by Nobody: 1:45pm On Apr 21, 2012
^^^^^

Sure.
Re: The Reasons You Must Stop Arguing With Atheist. by Dsage1: 6:38pm On Apr 21, 2012
Deep Sight:

You have faith yourself - in certain things. You may for example have faith in the loyalty of a loved one, no? Faith in your ability to pass an exam, no?

If you can have faith in these things, why? Its because you have experienced such loyalty, or such ability. As such you have faith. It comes from your experience.

hmmmm,word!

Now tell me, in that light - why can I not have faith for example, in my dreams - if it has been my life long experience that my dreams consistently play out in reality with precision shortly after they occur. In such a circumstance, is it not only natural that I will have faith in the consistency of my dreams?

Now, if I can have faith in my dreams, why can someone else not have faith in say, his prayers?

Now, what is the distance between faith in prayer and faith in God?

Re: The Reasons You Must Stop Arguing With Atheist. by thehomer: 6:47am On Apr 22, 2012
D sage:

Let me answer your questions in a better way now.

1.I knew he was the one that answered my prayers because,he's the one i called/asked. I knew my prayers were answered because i received it,and if it was not answered,its still a good thing because God has the reason for it. I'm not willing to test whether or not God will answer my prayer because he's beyond reasonable doubt.Even in our daily activities,the moment you started doubting about something,you're gradually depriving yourself from some certain goals/aims.

Could it not be the devil that answered when you called? Your second sentence already shows a problem. You've effectively said that whether or not your prayer was answered, God knew about. How can you be sure he knew about it if it wasn't answered? Did he tell you? If you're unwilling to test whether or not God will answer your prayer, then how do you know the last prayers you thought God answered weren't just coincidences? When one has a doubt about something, what do they do? They don't just accept it, they try to check for confirmation or act as though the doubt was absent or minimized.

D sage:
2.I considered the dreams which didnt tells/reveal the future event as a mere dreams and non important.

How do you know that a dream you had yesterday is telling you about events 10 years in your future while the dream you had the day before was of no consequence?

D sage:
3.There is the soul,infact it's the essential/efficient cause of the body.Without it,there cannot be a living,the soul/spirit influence us in one way or the other.

The soul causes the body? How about the sperm and egg? Can your soul/spirit leave your body and enter another person's body and control that person?
Re: The Reasons You Must Stop Arguing With Atheist. by Dsage1: 10:52am On Apr 22, 2012
Jack65:

what're you saying Man,many questions has been asked here by the religions people in which you were unable to provide the answered.Why're you saying,we were afraid of asking you questions when we actually keep asking in every threads.

You may be right,if you says,some christains feared of criticizing their fake pastors but that doesnt mean we were doing the same ok.
Re: The Reasons You Must Stop Arguing With Atheist. by Jack65: 11:45am On Apr 22, 2012
D sage:

what're you saying Man,many questions has been asked here by the religions people in which you were unable to provide the answered.Why're you saying,we were afraid of asking you questions when we actually keep asking in every threads.

You may be right,if you says,some christains feared of criticizing their fake pastors but that doesnt mean we were doing the same ok.

By questions I didn't mean the type of stupid questions Christians ask atheists here on Nairaland. I mean the questions you should be asking your leaders and the so called MOG concerning your beliefs and the biblical errancies. Most of all the questions you should be asking yourselves.
Re: The Reasons You Must Stop Arguing With Atheist. by Dsage1: 11:46am On Apr 22, 2012
thehomer:

Could it not be the devil that answered when you called? Your second sentence already shows a problem. You've effectively said that whether or not your prayer was answered, God knew about. How can you be sure he knew about it if it wasn't answered? Did he tell you? If you're unwilling to test whether or not God will answer your prayer, then how do you know the last prayers you thought God answered weren't just coincidences? When one has a doubt about something, what do they do? They don't just accept it, they try to check for confirmation or act as though the doubt was absent or minimized.

How do you know that a dream you had yesterday is telling you about events 10 years in your future while the dream you had the day before was of no consequence?

The soul causes the body? How about the sperm and egg? Can your soul/spirit leave your body and enter another person's body and control that person?

1.Your first sentence shows that you believed/recognised the existence of devil, if you could believe in devil that is not visible,then why do you denied the existence of true living God?Secondly,if you dont believe in anything spiritual/forces,then why did you say,it might be the devil that answered my prayers.?Do you belief that devil can answer the prayers,if yes,is he/she your God/master?

2.I'm talking about the dreams that comes to pass,there's difference between a dream of what we were normally doing everyday/once in a while and the one that tells/shows exalt pictures of the future events.

3.Yes it causes the body. The fluid and Egg are not soul. No,the soul can not be transfered from one body to another,the body cannot function without soul.
Re: The Reasons You Must Stop Arguing With Atheist. by PA1982(f): 11:56am On Apr 22, 2012
D sage: Dear theists/religions people in the house,please stop arguing with all the atheists on this forum.They are not that intelligent,i've tested them many time before and i realised that all they were doing here to proved their assumption/believes was simply a copy and paste.

They copied texts from various books and journers writtn by Atheist of western origin and pasted it here,claiming they are intelligent people.Please people,stop argued/telln them that God exist,they dont have the knowledge of their own to understand the fact that God actually exist.

I knew all these through their responses to the various questiions being asked by religions people on this forum.For instance,they always throw your questions back to you by their usual copy and paste method rather than answering it in a logical manner.

Therefore,they the bunches of hypocrites,bigotes,moronics and hopeless people on earth.

This would be very, very funny if it weren't for the fundies who cut and paste arguments from AiG, etc.
Stop being a hypocrite!

Everyone knows that people who disagree with Fundies are labelled 'atheist', even me!
Everyone knows what you call 'copy and paste method' is simply looking up a subject, investigating and quoting.
Everyone know that what you call 'a logical manner' is to agree with you.

Stop being a hypocrite.
Get informed.
Re: The Reasons You Must Stop Arguing With Atheist. by Dsage1: 11:59am On Apr 22, 2012
Jack65:

By questions I didn't mean the type of stupid questions Christians ask atheists here on Nairaland. I mean the questions you should be asking your leaders and the so called MOG concerning your beliefs and the biblical errancies. Most of all the questions you should be asking yourselves.

Point of correction,the questions we should be asking some of our fake pastors/leaders and corrupt MOG.We dont need to ask ourselves anything because,we believe in what we are doing.Please,stop generalizn.
Re: The Reasons You Must Stop Arguing With Atheist. by Dsage1: 12:09pm On Apr 22, 2012
PA1982:

This would be very, very funny if it weren't for the fundies who cut and paste arguments from AiG, etc.
Stop being a hypocrite!

Everyone knows that people who disagree with Fundies are labelled 'atheist', even me!
Everyone knows what you call 'copy and paste method' is simply looking up a subject, investigating and quoting.
Everyone know that what you call 'a logical manner' is to agree with you.

Stop being a hypocrite.
Get informed.

please let me know if you're theists or atheists,so that i find a better way to handle you.
Re: The Reasons You Must Stop Arguing With Atheist. by PA1982(f): 12:32pm On Apr 22, 2012
D sage:

please let me know if you're theists or atheists,so that i find a better way to handle you.

Handle me?
Is this an offer for a hmmmm 'special prayer' session?
What possible concern is it of yours what my beliefs are?
Have I asked yours?

My point is that posts made with sourced information are brushed aside here as being 'cut and paste', usually by YECs, oddly enough.
You know very well there are people here at Nairaland who think the Sun revolves around the Earth.
You know very well there are people here at Nairaland who think the first humans came into existence 6,000 years ago.

And you know that those who no longer believe such nonsense or were never taught it are branded atheists, whatever their religious afiliation.

Logic only has validity if it's informed. Otherwise, we're back to da Vinci's trial.
Re: The Reasons You Must Stop Arguing With Atheist. by Dsage1: 2:53pm On Apr 22, 2012
PA1982:

Handle me?
Is this an offer for a hmmmm 'special prayer' session?
What possible concern is it of yours what my beliefs are?
Have I asked yours?

My point is that posts made with sourced information are brushed aside here as being 'cut and paste', usually by YECs, oddly enough.
You know very well there are people here at Nairaland who think the Sun revolves around the Earth.
You know very well there are people here at Nairaland who think the first humans came into existence 6,000 years ago.

And you know that those who no longer believe such nonsense or were never taught it are branded atheists, whatever their religious afiliation.

Logic only has validity if it's informed. Otherwise, we're back to da Vinci's trial.

ok,i'm a christain,what of you?Or are you a secularist?If not,you are free to attend one of our special prayers service holding every wenesday's evening.

Please madam,rejection of old ideas is quite different from the atheism,For instance,if you reject an old ideas,you modify it to suited the present situation/condition but atheism is simply/solely a rejection of existence of supernatural being God.The question of "who created God" is the fundamental reasons people turn to atheism.
Re: The Reasons You Must Stop Arguing With Atheist. by Jack65: 4:32pm On Apr 22, 2012
D sage:

Point of correction,the questions we should be asking some of our fake pastors/leaders and corrupt MOG.We dont need to ask ourselves anything because,we believe in what we are doing.Please,stop generalizn.

Actually I have every reason to generalize, of course you can object but tell me who your pastor is and then tell me how he is signicantly deferent from the fake and corrupt pastors/MOG according to you. I guarantee you there is none whatsoever, all you have again is faith and confidence in that particular MOG.

You don't need to ask yourselves question I think you do. Are you telling me you believe absolutely in everything the bible says? Mind you, for you to be a Christian you must believe and accept the bible as the infallible word of God. Is that your position
Re: The Reasons You Must Stop Arguing With Atheist. by Dsage1: 5:37pm On Apr 22, 2012
Jack65:

Actually I have every reason to generalize, of course you can object but tell me who your pastor is and then tell me how he is signicantly deferent from the fake and corrupt pastors/MOG according to you. I guarantee you there is none whatsoever, all you have again is faith and confidence in that particular MOG.

You don't need to ask yourselves question I think you do. Are you telling me you believe absolutely in everything the bible says? Mind you, for you to be a Christian you must believe and accept the bible as the infallible word of God. Is that your position

I'll keep saying it,not every pastors/MOG are corrupt,so stop generalizn.

Man,i believes absolutely in bible but reject it when someone who claim to be a pastor try to manipulate/misinterprete it.
Re: The Reasons You Must Stop Arguing With Atheist. by Jack65: 6:14pm On Apr 22, 2012
D sage:

I'll keep saying it,not every pastors/MOG are corrupt,so stop generalizn.

Man,i believes absolutely in bible but reject it when someone who claim to be a pastor try to manipulate/misinterprete it.

Come on man! Are you telling me that you believe absolutely that god created the Univers and its inhabitants in 6 days ?

Are you telling me you believe that gods after being please with his creation, just few generations later was angry, disapointed and regreted he created man. Then went on to flood the whole earth, killing almost everything ?

Are you telling me you believe that because Adam ate a fruit which god placed just to test him the whole of mankind is punished by the same God who allowed Satan to decive him ?

Are you telling me you believe that God can actually wrestle with a man and yet be unable to defeat that man ?

Are you telling me you believe some body can part a sea just by know his wlking stick on a stone ?

Are you telling me you believe someone can walk on water ?

Are you telling me you believe a man can just be taken up to heaven, I mean without dying by charriots ?

Come on!!!!
Re: The Reasons You Must Stop Arguing With Atheist. by thehomer: 6:50pm On Apr 22, 2012
D sage:

1.Your first sentence shows that you believed/recognised the existence of devil, if you could believe in devil that is not visible,then why do you denied the existence of true living God?Secondly,if you dont believe in anything spiritual/forces,then why did you say,it might be the devil that answered my prayers.?Do you belief that devil can answer the prayers,if yes,is he/she your God/master?

No, the first sentence shows that according to your beliefs, you have no way of knowing whether or not it was actually God that answered your prayers or the devil. No I don't believe in the devil but you do. Since you do, unless you have some way of knowing that he wasn't the one answering your prayers, then you really cannot say it was God.

D sage:
2.I'm talking about the dreams that comes to pass,there's difference between a dream of what we were normally doing everyday/once in a while and the one that tells/shows exalt pictures of the future events.

What is the difference? How do you know the difference while you're dreaming or when you wake up?

D sage:
3.Yes it causes the body. The fluid and Egg are not soul. No,the soul can not be transfered from one body to another,the body cannot function without soul.

How does it cause the body while the sperm and the egg don't cause the body? Is the soul tied to a body so it cannot jump to another? How about the spirit? Can that one jump to another body?
Re: The Reasons You Must Stop Arguing With Atheist. by Dsage1: 9:08pm On Apr 22, 2012
Jack65:

Come on man! Are you telling me that you believe absolutely that god created the Univers and its inhabitants in 6 days ?

Are you telling me you believe that gods after being please with his creation, just few generations later was angry, disapointed and regreted he created man. Then went on to flood the whole earth, killing almost everything ?

Are you telling me you believe that because Adam ate a fruit which god placed just to test him the whole of mankind is punished by the same God who allowed Satan to decive him ?

Are you telling me you believe that God can actually wrestle with a man and yet be unable to defeat that man ?

Are you telling me you believe some body can part a sea just by know his wlking stick on a stone ?

Are you telling me you believe someone can walk on water ?

Are you telling me you believe a man can just be taken up to heaven, I mean without dying by charriots ?

Come on!!!!

Atheists and their wonderful questions.Still very cheap reason to denied his existence.

Yes because he was a creator.

It's posible because there were so few people living in a very small community then.

Yes,he use to test his people in order to know the genuinty/level of their faith.

Yes,because he gave us free will.

It's possible,even ordinary magicians can do that.

Yes some powerful people does it in the olding days.

I read it in the bible.
Re: The Reasons You Must Stop Arguing With Atheist. by Dsage1: 9:24pm On Apr 22, 2012
thehomer:

No, the first sentence shows that according to your beliefs, you have no way of knowing whether or not it was actually God that answered your prayers or the devil. No I don't believe in the devil but you do. Since you do, unless you have some way of knowing that he wasn't the one answering your prayers, then you really cannot say it was God.

What is the difference? How do you know the difference while you're dreaming or when you wake up?

How does it cause the body while the sperm and the egg don't cause the body? Is the soul tied to a body so it cannot jump to another? How about the spirit? Can that one jump to another body?

Here is the first sentence i was talking about; COULD IT NOT BE THE DEVIL THAT ANSWERED WHEN YOU CALLED.

Definitely,like all other atheists,you recognised the existence evil spirit or devil and he's your true master to the core.
Re: The Reasons You Must Stop Arguing With Atheist. by Jack65: 12:09pm On Apr 23, 2012
D sage:

Atheists and their wonderful questions.Still very cheap reason to denied his existence.

Yes because he was a creator.

It's posible because there were so few people living in a very small community then.

Yes,he use to test his people in order to know the genuinty/level of their faith.

Yes,because he gave us free will.

It's possible,even ordinary magicians can do that.

Yes some powerful people does it in the olding days.

I read it in the bible.

Cheap reason Well it might be cheap to you but for people with higher IQ its not. See that's the difference you fundies and atheists. You believe everything you read in the bible just because it says its the word of god while we diligently examine and question every extraordinary claims made in the bible. You accept every claim on faith even when your reason and common sense is screaming back at you while we listen and aply these natural gifts.

This is the age of reason, you should start making use of yours. The bible is the work of men (primitive men). It contains a lot of errors, contradictions and absurdities. It cannot be an ispiration of any god.
Re: The Reasons You Must Stop Arguing With Atheist. by Dsage1: 6:56pm On Apr 23, 2012
Jack65:

Cheap reason Well it might be cheap to you but for people with higher IQ its not. See that's the difference you fundies and atheists. You believe everything you read in the bible just because it says its the word of god while we diligently examine and question every extraordinary claims made in the bible. You accept every claim on faith even when your reason and common sense is screaming back at you while we listen and aply these natural gifts.

This is the age of reason, you should start making use of yours. The bible is the work of men (primitive men). It contains a lot of errors, contradictions and absurdities. It cannot be an ispiration of any god.

Whether bible is full of errors or not,we dont care as long as it gives us hope.
Re: The Reasons You Must Stop Arguing With Atheist. by LogicMind: 7:31pm On Apr 23, 2012
D sage:

Whether bible is full of errors or not,we dont care as long as it gives us hope.

u just admitted that you are hopeless
Re: The Reasons You Must Stop Arguing With Atheist. by Dsage1: 10:50pm On Apr 23, 2012
Logic Mind:

u just admitted that you are hopeless

Who're hopeless,if not atheists.People with cheap reasons to condemmed God.
Re: The Reasons You Must Stop Arguing With Atheist. by thehomer: 10:52pm On Apr 23, 2012
D sage:

Here is the first sentence i was talking about; COULD IT NOT BE THE DEVIL THAT ANSWERED WHEN YOU CALLED.

Definitely,like all other atheists,you recognised the existence evil spirit or devil and he's your true master to the core.

How can you say I recognized the existence of evil spirits when I've already told you that based on what you believe, it could have been your devil. Personally, I think you're just having a cognitive bias. Since you're not willing to accept that, I'll like to know if you could tell the difference between a dream sent to you by your God or one sent to you by your devil.
Re: The Reasons You Must Stop Arguing With Atheist. by Dsage1: 5:35pm On Apr 24, 2012
thehomer:

How can you say I recognized the existence of evil spirits when I've already told you that based on what you believe, it could have been your devil. Personally, I think you're just having a cognitive bias. Since you're not willing to accept that, I'll like to know if you could tell the difference between a dream sent to you by your God or one sent to you by your devil.

Like i was saying in my previous posts,i only believed in the dreams that comes to pass.Let me simply say,it's only positive dream that comes to pass,sent by God.Any other dreams is either by devil or as result of our thought,what we perceived,doing etc before we slept.My personal beliefs though.
Re: The Reasons You Must Stop Arguing With Atheist. by thehomer: 10:20pm On Apr 24, 2012
D sage:

Like i was saying in my previous posts,i only believed in the dreams that comes to pass.Let me simply say,it's only positive dream that comes to pass,sent by God.Any other dreams is either by devil or as result of our thought,what we perceived,doing etc before we slept.My personal beliefs though.

Are you saying that you decide whether or not it was God if the dream is positive and comes to pass? This is a text book example of confirmation bias.
Re: The Reasons You Must Stop Arguing With Atheist. by Dsage1: 10:50pm On Apr 24, 2012
thehomer:

Are you saying that you decide whether or not it was God if the dream is positive and comes to pass? This is a text book example of confirmation bias.

Yes,and that's what i believe.
Re: The Reasons You Must Stop Arguing With Atheist. by LogicMind: 10:54pm On Apr 24, 2012
D sage:

Yes,and that's what i believe.

bliss is great

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Indecent Dressing Among Our Christains Ladies / The Question Of Forgiveness / How Victorious Army Pastor Joseph Agboli And Wife Defraud Church Members

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.