Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,713 members, 7,816,939 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:40 PM

Was Exodus Pharoah Really A Bad Man? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Was Exodus Pharoah Really A Bad Man? (2986 Views)

How To Spot A Bad Girl In Church (photo) / What Is The Name Of The Pharoah In Moses Era? / Is Fornication Really A Sin? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Was Exodus Pharoah Really A Bad Man? by yommy2sure(m): 1:43pm On Apr 19, 2012
hi people, there are so many things that i know and even more that i dont know...i intend to learn as much as possible, pls this is directed to christians (atheist stay off, i dnt need ur views)...i have these questions concerning the Biblical Pharoah in exodus:
1. Exd chap 1:8 told us there arose a new Pharoah who did not know Joseph. Pls how? Were there no records or are the scrolls yet to be invented? If yes then what happened to oral traditon i.e. Transfer of history from generation to generation through the words of mouth...and if he doesnt know him, how come we know him?
2. Why should God punish Pharaoh since he did what he wass suppose to do. Exd 7:3 says God hardend his heart so he will never listen, then was he really disobedient? Was God ryt? Thanks as you enlighten me.
Re: Was Exodus Pharoah Really A Bad Man? by Image123(m): 1:53pm On Apr 19, 2012
Where are those anti-tithers, all they do is mast.urbate about tithes, except for a pitiful few like goshen my brother. Come, teach this fellow and take some 'heat'.
Re: Was Exodus Pharoah Really A Bad Man? by Nobody: 2:06pm On Apr 19, 2012
Image123: Where are those anti-tithers, all they do is mast.urbate about tithes, except for a pitiful few like goshen my brother. Come, teach this fellow and take some 'heat'.

you are turning to a badasss now?
Re: Was Exodus Pharoah Really A Bad Man? by Image123(m): 2:30pm On Apr 19, 2012
babaearly:

you are turning to a badasss now?
No sir. Sorry sir.
Re: Was Exodus Pharoah Really A Bad Man? by PastorKun(m): 2:43pm On Apr 19, 2012
Image123: Where are those anti-tithers, all they do is mast.urbate about tithes, except for a pitiful few like goshen my brother. Come, teach this fellow and take some 'heat'.

Bros there are simply questions waiting for you to be addressed on the tithes thread yet you are here passing silly comments instead of attempting to help the OP in answering the questions bothering him. Silly + dishonest hypocrite angry
Re: Was Exodus Pharoah Really A Bad Man? by logicboy: 3:00pm On Apr 19, 2012
Pastor Kun:

Bros there are simply questions waiting for you to be addressed on the tithes thread yet you are here passing silly comments instead of attempting to help the OP in answering the questions bothering him. Silly + dishonest hypocrite angry

As an athiest, I love it when a christian exposes another hypocrite christian.

Image123, even your christian brothers know that you're a hypocritical troll.

grin grin grin grin
Re: Was Exodus Pharoah Really A Bad Man? by Goshen360(m): 3:08pm On Apr 19, 2012
@ OP,

I will answer shortly. It's so simple!
Re: Was Exodus Pharoah Really A Bad Man? by yommy2sure(m): 3:29pm On Apr 19, 2012
alryt..waiting...
Re: Was Exodus Pharoah Really A Bad Man? by Nobody: 3:39pm On Apr 19, 2012
yommy2sure: hi people, there are so many things that i know and even more that i dont know...i intend to learn as much as possible, pls this is directed to christians (atheist stay off, i dnt need ur views)...i have these questions concerning the Biblical Pharoah in exodus:
1. Exd chap 1:8 told us there arose a new Pharoah who did not know Joseph. Pls how? Were there no records or are the scrolls yet to be invented? If yes then what happened to oral traditon i.e. Transfer of history from generation to generation through the words of mouth...and if he doesnt know him, how come we know him?
2. Why should God punish Pharaoh since he did what he wass suppose to do. Exd 7:3 says God hardend his heart so he will never listen, then was he really disobedient? Was God ryt? Thanks as you enlighten me.

If oga Goshen's answers goes beyond the 'can the clay ask the potter' range, I would be surprised... grin
Re: Was Exodus Pharoah Really A Bad Man? by buzugee(m): 3:44pm On Apr 19, 2012
its like this. you are an evil person messing with the lords treasure. who are the lords treasure ? ZECHARIAH 2 VS 8 for he that toucheth you toucheth the apple of his eye. The israelites are the apple of Gods eye and pharoah had them in slavery for like 300 or something years. how do you pay back someone who is messing with the apple of your eyes ? first off the lord knows the resiliency of pharoah. after the first plagues he probably would have been like OH LORD I AM SORRYYYYYYYYYYY OK YOU CAN HAVE YOUR PEOPLE BACK, I AM SORRY FOR ENSLAVING THEM FOR SO LONG AND USING THEM TO BUILD THE PYRAMIDS. but that would have negated the ferocity of the punishment that pharoah deserved. see, when you repent, the lord cannot punish you anymore because you have repented ISAIAH 6 VS 10 Make the heart of this people calloused; make their ears dull and close their eyes. Otherwise they might see with their eyes, hear with their ears, understand with their hearts, and turn and be healed." So as you can see, once you turn to the lord, he cant punish you anymore, he heals you, however if you deserve a lenghty punishment because you have done great evil, like pharoah, then what he does is HARDEN YOUR HEART SO YOU DONT REPENT. THIS WAY HE CAN KEEP ON WHIPPING YOUR BUTT WITH PLAGUES ETC ETC. then when you have recieved your adequate share of butt whippings, then he will open your ear and eyes. what is an adequate share of butt whipping ? GALATIAN 6 VS 7 Do not be deceived: God cannot be mocked. A man reaps what he sows.

PHAROAH SOWED OVER 300 YEARS OF HARDCORE SLAVERY ON THE APPLE OF GODS EYES SO HE HAD TO REAP THE EQUIVALENT AMOUNT IN PLAGUES.
Re: Was Exodus Pharoah Really A Bad Man? by logicboy: 3:48pm On Apr 19, 2012
buzugee: its like this. you are an evil person messing with the lord treasure. who are the lords treasure ? ZECHARIAH 2 VS 8 for he that toucheth you toucheth the apple of his eye. The israelites are the apple of Gods eye and pharoah had them in slavery for like 300 or something years. how do you pay back someone who is messing with the apple of your eyes ? first off the lord knows the resiliency of pharoah. after the first plagues he probably would have been like OH LORD I AM SORRYYYYYYYYYYY OK YOU CAN HAVE YOUR PEOPLE BACK, I AM SORRY FOR ENSLAVING THEM FOR SO LONG AND USING THEM TO BUILD THE PYRAMIDS. but that would have negated the ferocity of the punishment that pharoah deserved. see, when you repent, the lord cannot punish you anymore because you have repented ISAIAH 6 VS 10 Make the heart of this people calloused; make their ears dull and close their eyes. Otherwise they might see with their eyes, hear with their ears, understand with their hearts, and turn and be healed." So as you can see, once you turn to the lord, he cant punish you anymore, he heals you, however if you deserve a lenghty punishment because you have done great evil, like pharoah, then what he does is HARDEN YOUR HEART SO YOU DONT REPENT. THIS WAY HE CAN KEEP ON WHIPPING YOUR BUTT WITH PLAGUES ETC ETC. then when you have recieved your adequate share of butt whippings, then he will open youe ear and eyes. what ia an adequate share of butt whipping ? GALATIAN 6 VS 7 Do not be deceived: God cannot be mocked. A man reaps what he sows.

If your bible was truthful and accurate, you wouldnt need to write this huge paragraph explaining why your God acted like a sociopath. Who goes through the lenghts of giving someone disease, posioning their waters and killing their first born children to make a point. Think of the innocent children
Re: Was Exodus Pharoah Really A Bad Man? by LogicMind: 3:54pm On Apr 19, 2012
Goshen360: @ OP,

I will answer shortly. It's so simple!

you need to consult google first? grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Was Exodus Pharoah Really A Bad Man? by buzugee(m): 3:57pm On Apr 19, 2012
logicboy:

If your bible was truthful and accurate, you wouldnt need to write this huge paragraph explaining why your God acted like a sociopath. Who goes through the lenghts of giving someone disease, posioning their waters and killing their first born children to make a point. Think of the innocent children
those children were not innocent. 300 years of hardcore slavery. in 300 years the 3rd or 4th generation of slavers would have come back to earth again in the reincarnation. those were the people getting killed. there is a method to the lord. he works with numbers. and same goes for the people with diseases and those drinking poisoned water. they are the reincarnation of the slavers. notice how for around 300 years the lord didnt do nothing. he waited until their iniquities was ripe and the slavers had reincarnated till he start to throw down the pestilence and whatnot.
exodus 20 vs 5 I, the LORD your God, am a jealous God, punishing the children for the sin of the fathers to the third and fourth generation of those who hate me,
Re: Was Exodus Pharoah Really A Bad Man? by LogicMind: 3:57pm On Apr 19, 2012
buzugee: its like this. you are an evil person messing with the lords treasure. who are the lords treasure ? ZECHARIAH 2 VS 8 for he that toucheth you toucheth the apple of his eye. The israelites are the apple of Gods eye and pharoah had them in slavery for like 300 or something years. how do you pay back someone who is messing with the apple of your eyes ? first off the lord knows the resiliency of pharoah. after the first plagues he probably would have been like OH LORD I AM SORRYYYYYYYYYYY OK YOU CAN HAVE YOUR PEOPLE BACK, I AM SORRY FOR ENSLAVING THEM FOR SO LONG AND USING THEM TO BUILD THE PYRAMIDS. but that would have negated the ferocity of the punishment that pharoah deserved. see, when you repent, the lord cannot punish you anymore because you have repented ISAIAH 6 VS 10 Make the heart of this people calloused; make their ears dull and close their eyes. Otherwise they might see with their eyes, hear with their ears, understand with their hearts, and turn and be healed." So as you can see, once you turn to the lord, he cant punish you anymore, he heals you, however if you deserve a lenghty punishment because you have done great evil, like pharoah, then what he does is HARDEN YOUR HEART SO YOU DONT REPENT. THIS WAY HE CAN KEEP ON WHIPPING YOUR BUTT WITH PLAGUES ETC ETC. then when you have recieved your adequate share of butt whippings, then he will open your ear and eyes. what is an adequate share of butt whipping ? GALATIAN 6 VS 7 Do not be deceived: God cannot be mocked. A man reaps what he sows.

PHAROAH SOWED OVER 300 YEARS OF HARDCORE SLAVERY ON THE APPLE OF GODS EYES SO HE HAD TO REAP THE EQUIVALENT AMOUNT IN PLAGUES.

buzugee, i salute.
Re: Was Exodus Pharoah Really A Bad Man? by buzugee(m): 3:59pm On Apr 19, 2012
Logic Mind:

buzugee, i salute.
Field Marshall Logic Mind how body Sir ? grin trust all is well
Re: Was Exodus Pharoah Really A Bad Man? by Goshen360(m): 4:05pm On Apr 19, 2012
Logic Mind:

you need to consult google first? grin grin grin grin grin grin

grin grin grin You funny bro. Look around, i was typing a long reply in another thread. lol grin grin grin. Me! consult google? kai, you don fall my hand o. By the way, didn't you read that Atheists are NOT WANTED HERE.

Bros, abeg commot for here joo grin grin grin
Re: Was Exodus Pharoah Really A Bad Man? by LogicMind: 4:06pm On Apr 19, 2012
buzugee: Field Marshall Logic Mind how body Sir ? grin trust all is well

Body dey kampke, I dey fire from the other side and just trying to educate the brethren so they may repent and turn themselves from all their transgressions; so iniquity shall not be their ruin.
Re: Was Exodus Pharoah Really A Bad Man? by Goshen360(m): 4:07pm On Apr 19, 2012
musKeeto:

If oga Goshen's answers goes beyond the 'can the clay ask the potter' range, I would be surprised... grin

Oga musKeeto, no mind me jare. E don tay wey i say hello to you. Definitely my answer will go beyond "can the clay ask the potter" lol. Wait make i answer the simple question jare. I will type long though. grin grin grin
Re: Was Exodus Pharoah Really A Bad Man? by Goshen360(m): 4:12pm On Apr 19, 2012
Oga buzugee,

How una dey o. Your boi, Goshen dey salute i. Wetin these Atheists dey find here sef in the first place? The OP said NO Atheist. Why them no dey hear word sef. I tire for these people o. Abi na by force sef? They just love dey romance us but them no wan agree with us and our God. Wetin dem dey disturb us for sef. smh. grin grin grin
Re: Was Exodus Pharoah Really A Bad Man? by buzugee(m): 4:14pm On Apr 19, 2012
Logic Mind:

Body dey kampke, I dey fire from the other side and just trying to educate the brethren so they may repent and turn themselves from all their transgressions; so iniquity shall not be their ruin.
from the other side ? grin ok oooo just make sure you use indicator light when you wan turn to this side wink grin
Re: Was Exodus Pharoah Really A Bad Man? by buzugee(m): 4:18pm On Apr 19, 2012
Goshen360: Oga buzugee,

How una dey o. Your boi, Goshen dey salute i. Wetin these Atheists dey find here sef in the first place? The OP said NO Atheist. Why them no dey hear word sef. I tire for these people o. Abi na by force sef? They just love dey romance us but them no wan agree with us and our God. Wetin dem dey disturb us for sef. smh. grin grin grin
Major General Goshen i troway salute Sir. be like say you never read that verse about atheists with dull ears grin the lord done dull their ears because they still owe the lord some major butt whippings ISAIAH 6 VS 10[b] Make the heart of this people calloused; make their ears dull and close their eyes. Otherwise they might see with their eyes, hear with their ears, understand with their hearts, and turn and be healed[/b] grin grin
Re: Was Exodus Pharoah Really A Bad Man? by Goshen360(m): 5:27pm On Apr 19, 2012
@ OP,

Now there arose up a new king over Egypt, which knew not Joseph. Ex 1:8 kjv

First, I will encourage you NOT to always read into the text of God's word. Second, you need to do some "word" study when you really study of God's word. Third, the context explains everything. Having said this, check all other translations, none said it was "Pharoah" but it says, "a new king". It also says, "over" not "reign in or from". The text also went further to say, "which did not know Joseph". Now ask yourself this question, "assuming" i do something for you and that thing is so great that you never forget about it, do you think you will ever forget me? I believe your answer is NO. You might even go ahead to tell all your families about me and what I did for you right. The point here is that, this king that does not "know" Joseph is NOT the other Pharoah that "knew" Joseph and I will prove it with scriptures. History told us that this king is NOT from within Egypt as even the text says the same thing. However, let's leave history aside now and let's use scriptures to prove all things.

What did Joseph do? He saved the Egyptians from starvation by his administrative skill and Joseph enriched the other Pharoah's treasury. Pharoah is king term used for whoever becomes king and rule in Egypt. It is not a biological name. If it is, the whole kings that reigned in Egypt will not all be called Pharoah. Also, this king, new Pharoah did not "know" Joseph because Joseph had died in Genesis 50 so he wasn't remembered no more by the new administration.

Between Genesis 50 when Joseph dies and Exodus 1 when another king reigned in Egypt, at least more than 80 years had past and this we see in Acts 7:15-30+ nkjv

"So Jacob went down to Egypt; and he died, he and our fathers. "And they were carried back to Shechem and laid in the tomb that Abraham bought for a sum of money from the sons of Hamor, [the father] of Shechem. "But when the time of the promise drew near which God had sworn to Abraham, the people grew and multiplied in Egypt "till another king arose who did not know Joseph. "This man dealt treacherously with our people, and oppressed our forefathers, making them expose their babies, so that they might not live. "At this time Moses was born, and was well pleasing to God; and he was brought up in his father's house for three months. "Now when he was forty years old, it came into his heart to visit his brethren, the children of Israel......And when forty years had passed, an Angel of the Lord [fn] appeared to him in a flame of fire in a bush, in the wilderness of Mount Sinai.

The point am making here is, the king that arose that didn't "know" Joseph doesn't mean Joseph's name was not known but Joseph's name and acts wasn't known to the Egyptians/the new king anymore at the time this king reigned, so he didn't "know" Joseph in his time, neither did he "know" the how Joseph save Egypt in the past. The knowledge of "what" Joseph did had wiped out at the time this new king reigned. For this king not to "know" Joseph, it would therefore mean that time had past and even the administration of the first Pharaoh might have also died. We know about Joseph because he was remembered by the Hebrews but forgotten by the Egyptians, maybe not all Egyptians but this new king.

From my understanding, more than 80years had past before Exodus 1 account was written compare to Gen 50 and Acts 7. I want to "assume" (though not permitted when interpreting scriptures) that this king in Exodus one would not be the one that reigned after the Pharaoh of Joseph's time died. We are talking about more than 80 years when Moses was born in the account of Acts. I hope this makes sense a little bit but i will be willing to answer more question just in case you still don't understand. I will answer question 2 after we resolve this one, okay. God bless you.
Re: Was Exodus Pharoah Really A Bad Man? by mkmyers45(m): 7:13pm On Apr 19, 2012
Goshen360:

grin grin grin You funny bro. Look around, i was typing a long reply in another thread. lol grin grin grin. Me! consult google? kai, you don fall my hand o. By the way, didn't you read that Atheists are NOT WANTED HERE.

Bros, abeg commot for here joo grin grin grin
Is wondering why goshen will lie
Re: Was Exodus Pharoah Really A Bad Man? by Goshen360(m): 7:26pm On Apr 19, 2012
^
And what did I lie about?
Re: Was Exodus Pharoah Really A Bad Man? by bigd4050: 6:08am On Apr 20, 2012
Yes he was, his heart was against the Lord. He oppressed God's people. He tried to thwart God's plan with the Hebrews. He tried to kill Moses, the Lord's right hand man. What is the evidence that he was a good man?
Re: Was Exodus Pharoah Really A Bad Man? by Nobody: 6:16am On Apr 20, 2012
@bigd:
I think most of these stories are one sided. What about the stories of those whom the Israelites took away their land? Canaan for example?
My favorite game, COD, has a saying 'the victor gets to write history' or something like that.
Of course, the Egyptians would have loved their Pharoah so much... and probably would have painted a better picture of him...

The Bible is an ISRAELITE BASED account of history.
Re: Was Exodus Pharoah Really A Bad Man? by bigd4050: 6:22am On Apr 20, 2012
musKeeto: @bigd:
I think most of these stories are one sided. What about the stories of those whom the Israelites took away their land? Canaan for example?
My favorite game, COD, has a saying 'the victor gets to write history' or something like that.
Of course, the Egyptians would have loved their Pharoah so much... and probably would have painted a better picture of him...

Ok...I'll ask again. What evidence is there that he was good? The Israelites may have written the book, and they would probably leave out the good, but they certainly experienced the bad things Pharaoh did. Since we have the bad things, and don't have the good things, Pharaoh is a bad man.
Re: Was Exodus Pharoah Really A Bad Man? by Nobody: 6:45am On Apr 20, 2012
bigd4050:
Since we have the bad things, and don't have the good things, Pharaoh is a bad man.
Exactly what I said earlier..
Re: Was Exodus Pharoah Really A Bad Man? by bigd4050: 6:52am On Apr 20, 2012
musKeeto: @bigd:

Your argument here is that Pharaoh was probably a better man than how the Israelites painted him. This was your argument that I responded to...
Re: Was Exodus Pharoah Really A Bad Man? by Nobody: 6:55am On Apr 20, 2012
My argument wasn't that he was a better man. My argument was our image of Pharaoh would be influenced by a one sided account from his slaves.
Re: Was Exodus Pharoah Really A Bad Man? by bigd4050: 7:07am On Apr 20, 2012
musKeeto: My argument wasn't that he was a better man. My argument was our image of Pharaoh would be influenced by a one sided account from his slaves.

So we agree that he was a bad man?

Also, not sure if the Egyptians would disagree with the Hebrews. Their Pharaoh was stubborn and didn't listen to advice. He got ten plagues brought from God put down upon them. He had a large amount of his army destroyed, as well as everyone's firstborn sons killed. All he had to do was let the slaves go. If their were polls for Pharaoh, I almost guarantee he would be at 0% likability.
Re: Was Exodus Pharoah Really A Bad Man? by Nobody: 7:21am On Apr 20, 2012
If an nl user says he knows you personally and posts stuff about you on a thread, probably saying you're a serial killer, and then I BELIEVE THAT, does that make you a SERIAL KILLER?

So you're saying the Egyptians didn't want the the Hebrew slaves? Remember how they were treated? Why did Moses leave Egypt?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Church Booms And Busts: Nigeria And The West, A Tale Of 2 Different Worlds. / VISION: After Rapture, Hospitals Will Not Treat Anyone Without Mark Of The Beast / Peace & Safety before WW2. Peace & Safety before WW3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.