Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,446 members, 7,812,365 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 12:19 PM

Sack Okonjo, Madueke. Civil Societies To GEJ - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Sack Okonjo, Madueke. Civil Societies To GEJ (11036 Views)

Diezani Alison-Madueke Released On Bail - TVC News / Diezani Alison-madueke’s Neighbours Relieved / Buhari Turns Down Former Petroleum Minister Alison-madueke Offer To Refund $250m (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sack Okonjo, Madueke. Civil Societies To GEJ by Kilode1: 10:39pm On Apr 20, 2012
Beaf:
Shameless representative of thieves. Tell us a new foolish story jare!
Maybe something like, "JTF should be disbanded to defeat boko haram."

Se o 'n so ti pe, "take away the police to cure armed robbery." Ode buruku ni yen.

Beaf, erm, I'll need you to brush up on your Yoruba o. I read this post like 8 times before I got the message grin grin

Even your accent sef show for inside grin

I give you B for effort though. I don laugh tire for hia.
Re: Sack Okonjo, Madueke. Civil Societies To GEJ by DaLover(m): 10:41pm On Apr 20, 2012
Demdem:

Speak for ursef. Read and step aside

Step aside just like when you see sh1t on the way abi?

Its obvious you just keep looking for reasons to rubbish people better than you and your entire clan.

In January, people of your type said GEJ and his team wanted to remove subsidy to suffer Nigerians and make more money for them selves
In April you started this thread by saying members of GEJs team were involved in subsidy scam..

When beef pointed this contradiction to you...a few pages later you said they wanted to make more money for the government...

After realizing the folly of your ways and it was established that your desires were personnel, you start quoting a bunch of discredited people...

I really do need to step aside for this sh1t.
Re: Sack Okonjo, Madueke. Civil Societies To GEJ by DaLover(m): 10:48pm On Apr 20, 2012
Beaf:
Shameless representative of thieves. Tell us a new foolish story jare!
Maybe something like, "JTF should be disbanded to defeat boko haram."

Se o 'n so ti pe, "take away the police to cure armed robbery." Ode buruku ni yen.

Thanks for exposing this one...for reasons best known to them they use ignorance of the general populace to spit out lies, they are many of them, but at least you succeeded in shooting this one down..

take away JTF to cure boko harem....very funny indeed...lol
Re: Sack Okonjo, Madueke. Civil Societies To GEJ by Beaf: 10:52pm On Apr 20, 2012
Kilode?!:

Beaf, erm, I'll need you to brush up on your Yoruba o. I read this post like 8 times before I got the message grin grin

Even your accent sef show for inside grin

I give you B for effort though. I don laugh tire for hia.
I beg, forgive and forget. I never sabi write am wella. grin
Re: Sack Okonjo, Madueke. Civil Societies To GEJ by Demdem(m): 10:55pm On Apr 20, 2012
DaLover:

Step aside just like when you see sh1t on the way abi?

The only shit i see here is ur bias position. anyway, its allowed

Its obvious you just keep looking for reasons to rubbish people better than you and your entire clan.

Its obvious ur whole clan is wretched so its normal for u to think its the default for every1. cant help ur predicament

In January, people of your type said GEJ and his team wanted to remove subsidy to suffer Nigerians and make more money for them selves

Of cos and we have been justified. the government wants more money to spend without justifying adequately how well they are spending what accrues to them before partial removal

In April you started this thread by saying members of GEJs team were involved in subsidy scam..

Of cos, many of those involved in this scam were involved in the election of the retardeen. The PDP itself said so. A lot of corrupt activities never envisaged before in the history of this country were perpetuated also under the retardeen's team

When beef pointed this contradiction to you...a few pages later you said they wanted to make more money for the government...

O yes i said made money for themselves but because u guys arent that smart i had to expantiate more on what i meant:

[size=15pt]^^^^^
dont be stuppid. earn money as per getting more funds for govt to spend not neccessary for their pockets
[/size]

After realizing the folly of your ways and it was established that your desires were personnel, you start quoting a bunch of discredited people...

all what u have revealled so far is the critical level of ur daftness and nothing more. Who discredited them? u and Beaf shocked shocked how can animals discredit humans. u must be joking

I really do need to step aside for this sh1t.

no qualms, continue to display ur madness, there are more than enough bandwidth
Re: Sack Okonjo, Madueke. Civil Societies To GEJ by Demdem(m): 10:57pm On Apr 20, 2012
DaLover:

Thanks for exposing this one...for reasons best known to them they use ignorance of the general populace to spit out lies, they are many of them, but at least you succeeded in shooting this one down..

take away JTF to cure boko harem....very funny indeed...lol

Like master like servant

Demdem: still foools will continue to allege without substantiating. High level cretins
Re: Sack Okonjo, Madueke. Civil Societies To GEJ by Beaf: 11:01pm On Apr 20, 2012
Demdem:

Like master like servant
demdem, jump up and slap yourself jare! Tawai!
You is a hidiot who has ended looking like you is a henemy of Nigeria. grin grin grin
Re: Sack Okonjo, Madueke. Civil Societies To GEJ by Beautymc(f): 11:01pm On Apr 20, 2012
What has dis got to do with NOI? All her haters looking for her sack, where were ur mothers when she was making meanings for her life? Live the woman jo. Sister Ngoo, pls carry go
Re: Sack Okonjo, Madueke. Civil Societies To GEJ by DaLover(m): 11:01pm On Apr 20, 2012
^^^^
Do you know this authenticates you as a freebie loving leach....to even attempt to compare your self to Okonji, shows there is some strains of madness in you..
Re: Sack Okonjo, Madueke. Civil Societies To GEJ by Demdem(m): 11:05pm On Apr 20, 2012
Beautymc: What has dis got to do with NOI? All her haters looking for her sack, where were ur mothers when she was making meanings for her life? Live the woman jo. Sister Ngoo, pls carry go

This gives u away so easily. its allowed though
Re: Sack Okonjo, Madueke. Civil Societies To GEJ by DaLover(m): 11:06pm On Apr 20, 2012
Beautymc: What has dis got to do with NOI? All her haters looking for her sack, where were ur mothers when she was making meanings for her life? Live the woman jo. Sister Ngoo, pls carry go

He has inadvertently admitted that he can't please a woman...so women in general annoy him, women in powerful positions just make him want to jump of a cliff..
Someone needs to advise him to take his TINY problem away from this public arena.
Re: Sack Okonjo, Madueke. Civil Societies To GEJ by Demdem(m): 11:11pm On Apr 20, 2012
DaLover:

He has inadvertently admitted that he can't please a woman...so women in general annoy him, women in powerful positions just make him want to jump of a cliff..
Someone needs to advise him to take his TINY problem away from this public arena.

Liar, below is the kind of women i respect and adore. Those who truly and indeed knows their onions.
https://www.nairaland.com/917150/omoigui-okauru-one-good-story-out
Re: Sack Okonjo, Madueke. Civil Societies To GEJ by Iliveon: 11:12pm On Apr 20, 2012
We should try as much as possible to be honest and unbiased with posts here. I noticed that many NLers tend to show a great level of bias whenever issues that concern their tribe or political affiliations are mentioned. In this very case, I believe that NOI,Madueke,SLS and co goofed and whether they should be sacked is up to GEJ. I know one thing that inside of them (i.e if they have conscience) they know now that their submissions in January for subsidy removal was not in the interest of the common man on the street and It is a failure on their part as the managers of our economy not to check and double the policy before they introduced it. In a better clime, these people would resign but alas, we have no shame in Nigeria.
Re: Sack Okonjo, Madueke. Civil Societies To GEJ by Demdem(m): 11:14pm On Apr 20, 2012
Iliveon: We should try as much as possible to be honest and unbiased with posts here. I noticed that many NLers tend to show a great level of bias whenever issues that concern their tribe or political affiliations are mentioned. In this very case, I believe that NOI,Madueke,SLS and co goofed and whether they should be sacked is up to GEJ. I know one thing that inside of them (i.e if they have conscience) they know now that their submissions in January for subsidy removal was not in the interest of the common man on the street and It is a failure on their part as the managers of our economy not to check and double the policy before they introduced it. In a better clime, these people would resign but alas, we have no shame in Nigeria.

I agree
Re: Sack Okonjo, Madueke. Civil Societies To GEJ by Beaf: 11:18pm On Apr 20, 2012
Iliveon: We should try as much as possible to be honest and unbiased with posts here. I noticed that many NLers tend to show a great level of bias whenever issues that concern their tribe or political affiliations are mentioned. In this very case, I believe that NOI,Madueke,SLS and co goofed and whether they should be sacked is up to GEJ. I know one thing that inside of them (i.e if they have conscience) they know now that their submissions in January for subsidy removal was not in the interest of the common man on the street and It is a failure on their part as the managers of our economy not to check and double the policy before they introduced it. In a better clime, these people would resign but alas, we have no shame in Nigeria.
Dude, even Jesus would struggle to give correct figures for Nigeria's oil industry. It is an absolutely opaque den of corruption with a mafia-like setting, so they can hide any figures as they wish. Ask Ribadu what he is facing even though he is 100% sincere.

The long and short is that NNPC needs to be disbanded and privatised. Indeed, privatisation is on the cards, but just like PHCN, it will be a really big fight. However, it is a battle that must be won.

Iweala and Deziani are in the forefront of a very deadly highstakes battle. Live them be.
Re: Sack Okonjo, Madueke. Civil Societies To GEJ by DaLover(m): 11:21pm On Apr 20, 2012

I hope I shouldn't refer to you as Iliveonfreeoil....is it in the interest of the common man to create a productive economy or keep promising them they will enjoy someone elses free crude forever and ever?

In case you do not know, it is our attempts to provide free stuff all round that has lead to the death of productivity and massive corruption.
Re: Sack Okonjo, Madueke. Civil Societies To GEJ by Beautymc(f): 11:23pm On Apr 20, 2012
DaLover:

True talk
Re: Sack Okonjo, Madueke. Civil Societies To GEJ by Demdem(m): 11:23pm On Apr 20, 2012
Beaf:
Dude, even Jesus would struggle to give correct figures for Nigeria's oil industry. It is an absolutely opaque den of corruption with a mafia-like setting, so they can hide any figures as they wish. Ask Ribadu what he is facing even though he is 100% sincere.

The long and short is that NNPC needs to be disbanded and privatised. Indeed, privatisation is on the cards, but just like PHCN, it will be a really big fight. However, it is a battle that must be won.

Iweala and Deziani are in the forefront of a very deadly highstakes battle. Live them be.

And yet these liars kept on talking authoritatively then as if they are giving us the correct information. labelling others then as novices. Do u think we all av forgotten how these liars kept going from one media house to the other selling lies. Stop ur deception boy. Your hypocrisy is monumental.
Re: Sack Okonjo, Madueke. Civil Societies To GEJ by DaLover(m): 11:25pm On Apr 20, 2012
Beautymc: Off point. Does ur comment relate to my post? Busy body

no bi you ask why the guy get problem with madam Ngoo, I told you why and you say I get busy body...he is here, Oya now, tell him to say the real problem he has with her, because from our analysis, it doesn't have anything to do with her performance on the job
Re: Sack Okonjo, Madueke. Civil Societies To GEJ by Beautymc(f): 11:30pm On Apr 20, 2012
DaLover:

no bi you ask why the guy get problem with madam Ngoo, I told you why and you say I get busy body...he is here, Oya now, tell him to say the real problem he has with her, because from our analysis, it doesn't have anything to do with her performance on the job.
Sorry dear is not for u and I just modified it b4 ur comment. Sorry
Re: Sack Okonjo, Madueke. Civil Societies To GEJ by Beaf: 11:30pm On Apr 20, 2012
Demdem:

And yet these liars kept on talking authoritatively then as if they are giving us the correct information. labelling others then as novices. Do u think we all av forgotten how these liars kept going from one media house to the other selling lies. Stop ur deception boy. Your hypocrisy is monumental.
You are just a clown without brains. The fact that all oil figures come from a single source (NNPC) would make a more honest person than yourself ask questions about the NNPC. But, your agenda is sinister, so you ask for those who quoted NNPC figures instead of the source of the figures.

Tell me if your argument is more reasonable than anything expected from a hyena and rep of oil thieves who want to obfuscate the truth.
Re: Sack Okonjo, Madueke. Civil Societies To GEJ by DaLover(m): 11:31pm On Apr 20, 2012
Demdem:

Liar, below is the kind of women i respect and adore. Those who truly and indeed knows their onions.
https://www.nairaland.com/917150/omoigui-okauru-one-good-story-out

Sorry ooo, but I am still not convinced that you have no problem with women, I believe you have a small problem....please open up we are here to help...
Re: Sack Okonjo, Madueke. Civil Societies To GEJ by manny4life(m): 12:07am On Apr 21, 2012
Demdem:

Of cos not but no one can argue that it became much more worse under this administration

The Senate yesterday asked its committees to investigate how the Federal Government overspent the budgeted funds on fuel subsidy by up to N1.1 trillion since the beginning of the year.
About N240 billion was provided for the subsidies in the 2011 budget, but so far government agencies responsible for running the scheme have spent up to N1.3 trillion this year, the Senate heard through a motion moved by Senator Bukola Saraki yesterday.

The Federal Government has planned to stop the subsidies starting January, but this is facing criticism from labour unions, opposition politicians, lawmakers and many prominent people.

Ending the scheme would inevitably send petrol prices shooting up to about N150 per litre from N65 per litre.

In the motion co-sponsored by 13 other senators yesterday, Saraki said instead of spending N20 billion each month on fuel subsidy as budgeted, government spent up to N165 billion in one month alone in breach of the budget law.

Saraki said government has so far spent about N1.3 trillion on fuel subsidy this year, translating to 700 per cent above the budgeted sum.

He said reports by some prominent foreign economic journals and the Department of Petroleum Resources (DPR) has revealed how volume of fuel imported into Nigeria is inflated fivefold and then smuggled out and sold at higher prices in neighboring countries after collection of large sums of money as subsidies from the government.

“Fuel subsidy as it is being managed today has become a risk to the entire economy. The implementation of the 2011 Appropriation Act will surely be in trouble waters if a variation of N1.2 trillion arises as a result of the level of expenditure incurred on fuel subsidy so far.

“Although N20 billion was set aside for subsidy on a monthly basis in the Appropriation Act 2011, in August 2011 the total figure expended was N165 billion of which the Nigeria National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC) was N88 billion and the Independent Marketers was N77.7 billion.

“In the first three months (Jan – March. Before elections in APRIL) of the year both NNPC and the Independent Marketers did not exceed N62 billion monthly but within the last three months (Ngozi was already on seat by then) figures have ranged between N150 billion and N186 billion,” Saraki said.

Speaking on the motion, Senate President David Mark said the scheme has been hijacked by a cartel operating like Mafia. “Whatever they do is completely exclusive to them. They are very few and 95 per cent of us don’t know what is happening. It is important to investigate the subsidy to know whether or not it has achieved the aim it is set out to achieve,” he said.

Saraki said illegal expenditure on fuel subsidy diminished the power of the National Assembly as the organ of government responsible for appropriation of all public funds.

http://dailytrust.com.ng/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=145315:senate-fg-overspends-subsidy-fund-by-n1tr&catid=2:lead-stories&Itemid=8

Blaming NOI is just way off, how can you blame the person who pays the bills rather than the person who incurred the bills? It's just like the scandal that erupted here in DC about lavish gifts from the GSA, will you blame the accountants who pay the bill? If at all anyone's to blame, blame the Dept of Petroleum, NNPC and the lawmakers. The lawmakers share a huge responsibility in the oversight of budgetary excess, YET, they were bothered in lining their pockets.
Re: Sack Okonjo, Madueke. Civil Societies To GEJ by Kobojunkie: 12:15am On Apr 21, 2012
In the DC case, the GSA official who APPROVED the spending was also held culpable. He was indeed sacked.. lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

Every GSA spending is approved by some system. In some cases there is an officer assigned to approve/disapprove spending for particular group of agents, or offices, while other approvals are first handled electronically, and then reviewed by officers every so often.

GSA gets a daily report of spending on GSA accounts, and a run down of where the spending occurred, by whom, for what/nature of the transaction.

http://www.miamiherald.com/2012/04/17/2754388/mccaskill-seeks-law-to-stop-gsa.html
Re: Sack Okonjo, Madueke. Civil Societies To GEJ by Iliveon: 12:17am On Apr 21, 2012
Bro!!! Idontliveonfreeoil o.Infact, I want PMS price to be 140naira cos of my neighbours wey no dey let me sleep with their 'I better pass my neighbour' generator...lol. That said, going by the findings of Ahmed Farouk Lawan Committee would you honestly say it was better to remove the subsidy than to go after the cabals and sanitize the industry before introducing the policy (that is if it would be necessary afterall).
DaLover:

I hope I shouldn't refer to you as Iliveonfreeoil....is it in the interest of the common man to create a productive economy or keep promising them they will enjoy someone elses free crude forever and ever?

In case you do not know, it is our attempts to provide free stuff all round that has lead to the death of productivity and massive corruption.
Re: Sack Okonjo, Madueke. Civil Societies To GEJ by Iliveon: 12:34am On Apr 21, 2012
I read a post of yours about the FIRS woman who changed Nigeria tax system and everyone was full of praise for the woman. NOI should be the agent of change in Nigeria and i think that was why GEJ appointed her. She might want to make changes but it seems she is overwhelmed by the situation. Stating conflicting figures on the volume of oil we consume and amount paid on subsidy by top govt officials show how terrible government operates in Nigeria. That is even enough for them to be ashamed of. If you say NNPC should be disbanded, are you not indirectly saying Madueke is not capable and should be sacked?
Beaf:

Re: Sack Okonjo, Madueke. Civil Societies To GEJ by Beaf: 12:54am On Apr 21, 2012
Iliveon: I read a post of yours about the FIRS woman who changed Nigeria tax system and everyone was full of praise for the woman. NOI should be the agent of change in Nigeria and i think that was why GEJ appointed her. She might want to make changes but it seems she is overwhelmed by the situation. Stating conflicting figures on the volume of oil we consume and amount paid on subsidy by top govt officials show how terrible government operates in Nigeria. That is even enough for them to be ashamed of. If you say NNPC should be disbanded, are you not indirectly saying Madueke is not capable and should be sacked?
My brother, tax and oil are a totally different ball game. Its like comparing shina rambo to the Sicilian Mafia.

By the way, NNPC was set up according to certain statutes and goals (the major one being to rap'e the country blind). NNPC is like a country within a country, taking it down is the equivalent of civil war. It might take years for ordinary eyes to fully appreciate what I am saying. The fact that a couple of women have tried is enough to write their names in gold forever.
Re: Sack Okonjo, Madueke. Civil Societies To GEJ by manny4life(m): 1:02am On Apr 21, 2012
Kobojunkie: In the DC case, the GSA official who APPROVED the spending was also held culpable. He was indeed sacked.. lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

Every GSA spending is approved by some system, in some cases there is an officer assigned to approve/disapprove spending, while others are handled electronically, and reviewed by officers every so often. GSA gets a daily report of spending on GSA accounts, and a run down of where the spending occurred, by whom, for what/nature of the transaction.

http://www.miamiherald.com/2012/04/17/2754388/mccaskill-seeks-law-to-stop-gsa.html

Exactly! You just proved my own point. Thank you for the explanation but I'm quite aware of how financial internal controls work. You don't blame the accountant who pays the bills nor the finance guy who did the entries, so is the same with NOI.

When an electronic invoice is downloaded through the network exchange system or entered manually, depending on the financial controls within the organization, that invoice is automatically routed to the right approval signatory. When it's been approved (apparently with the GL number, etc), that invoice is routed to AP who issues the check. Depending on the amount of the check, it usually require code authorization from Controllers (just a brief, I skipped a lot of part, but u get the idea.

Like she previously stated, at least from what I've read and understand, she's made it know that all she does is pay the bills, whatever is on that invoice is not within her jurisdiction.

My only blame to NOI was that she did not develop a strong internal control system for effective analysis, she did not do a through job in questioning certain invoices, and as a finance expert, since she knew that payment has exceeded budget, she did not invoke certain mitigatory measures like suspending payments, spot audits etc... but as per the payment, she did what's I think she could have done.
Re: Sack Okonjo, Madueke. Civil Societies To GEJ by Kobojunkie: 1:04am On Apr 21, 2012
In the DC case, the bill Payers are the American tax payers. The accountants, and officials in charge of approving the payments are held culpable, in this particular case, the a supervisor in the Bill approving office got sacked, and this is not to say he was the only one who lost his job.

In the Nigerian case, the persons who pay the bill are the Nigerian people. The persons/agency that handles bill approval, and accounting, (in the Nigerian case, the Ministry of Finance) is to be held culpable, if we really want to MEANINGFULLY compare the DC case to the Nigerian case.
Re: Sack Okonjo, Madueke. Civil Societies To GEJ by manny4life(m): 1:07am On Apr 21, 2012
Kobojunkie: The person who pays the bill is the Nigerian people. The person who approves the bill, and handles accounts, (in the Nigerian case, the Ministry of Finance) is to be held culpable.

Unfortunately, I do not agree with you in the financial sense, the person who pays the bills is the finance office, drawn upon by the CBN, but the person who approves the bills and invoices are the managers and directors at the Ministry of Petroleum
Re: Sack Okonjo, Madueke. Civil Societies To GEJ by manny4life(m): 1:12am On Apr 21, 2012
Madam Kobo, you're missing the point... In large organizations, the person who approves invoices are not in the finance office. Take for instance, a utility bill from Cox is generated for Walmart store, they use the exchange network system and transmit the invoice, the invoice automatically defaults to the "Store Operations" dept who approves the invoice, which is then routed back to AP in the batch system. The reason for that system is because, departments can easily research put on hold, or whatever they seem as fishy invoices that only they know about that AP doesn't know. Depending on how large the invoice is, the invoice is routed to the next level authority in the finance office so that you can have a check release or electronic ACH credit.
Re: Sack Okonjo, Madueke. Civil Societies To GEJ by Kobojunkie: 1:13am On Apr 21, 2012
This has nothing to do with large organizations, Walmart or whatever, but the Nigerian situation. From what I have been able to glean from the proceedings, it is clearly not structured in the same way as you have it in your WALMARTs, and SONY Stores.

If we are to assume that the Finance ministry was really not in charge of approvals, but simply in charge of paying already approved bills, then there is a puzzle here. Why didn't the Minister know what the program cost the Nigerian people? Why was she not aware of how much the agency had already paid out, as at the time of the probe?

Anywho, according to her, her ministry was really in charge of verifying/approving the bills, and making payments.

I have no Knowledge of Actual Fuel Subsidy Payments

The minister of Finance, Dr. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala yesterday dropped a bombshell when she said that her Ministry has no knowledge on how much the federal government spent on subsidy. She was named as co-ordinating minister of the economy during the probes, so I am quite confident there was a reason why she was named so, and expected to speak on behalf of the whole subsidy program and it's running.

According to her, ”what the ministry does is to get the accountants to verify what the importers present as their imports and pay them”.

She maintained that there would be no way the ministry could accurately determine how much petroleum products are imported and how much are actually sold in Nigeria.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Nigerians Should Beg Jonathan To Seek Second Term – Lawmaker / Orji Uzor Kalu Buys Most Expensive Private Jet In Nigeria (pics) / Ahmed Lawan: Debt Burden Heavy On Nigerians But Necessary

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 104
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.