Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,896 members, 7,863,071 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 11:13 AM

Do Churches Adhere To This Command??? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Do Churches Adhere To This Command??? (489 Views)

Why Do Churches Have Different Doctrines And Denominations? / Why Do Churches Pay Their Instrumentalists? / Why Do Churches Pay Salaries To Musicians? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Do Churches Adhere To This Command??? by ijawkid(m): 12:39pm On Apr 20, 2012
Do churches these days pay heed to pauls stern command as received from d holy spirit Let's read 1 corinthians 5:9-13

9 I wrote to you in my letter
not to associate with sexually
immoral people— 10 not at all
meaning the people of this
world who are immoral, or the
greedy and swindlers, or
idolaters. In that case you
would have to leave this world.
11 But now I am writing to you
that you must not associate
with anyone who claims to be a
brother or sister[a] but is
sexually immoral or greedy, an
idolater or slanderer, a
drunkard or swindler. Do not
even eat with such people.
12 What business is it of mine
to judge those outside the
church? Are you not to judge
those inside? 13 God will judge
those outside. “Expel the
wicked person from among
you.”

I have noticed that christendom in recent times have either stopped applyin this command or has soft pedaled in carrying it out...

How are wrongdoers handled in ur various churches
Are they given front sits and praised in d church or expelled just as paul admonished

Or has discipline been shoved to d background since one can pay there tithes and give large offerings??

These are d real doctrines d church should hold on to and practice,because d church isn't just a place for worship,but also a disciplinary institution that should mould persons for everlasting life....

What about ur church?I need ur answers

(1) (Reply)

accept the lord into your lives / Yes, Witnessing For Christ Is As Personal As That - To Be The Bread Of Life For / Is It True, And When Will It Happen, And Where The Government Shall Establish?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.