Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,235 members, 7,818,789 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:32 AM

Obi Nwokeh, Christopher Omoregrie & Samson Odegbune Jailed For Murder In UK - Crime (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Obi Nwokeh, Christopher Omoregrie & Samson Odegbune Jailed For Murder In UK (14682 Views)

Photo Of The Nigerian Undergraduate Jailed For 24yrs For N25m Internet Scam / Nigerian Man Gets Life In Jail For Murder In UK (photo) / Update On Adaobi Obih's Murder - Roommate Wanted For Murder (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Obi Nwokeh, Christopher Omoregrie & Samson Odegbune Jailed For Murder In UK by Nobody: 7:09pm On Apr 20, 2012
beatrice webb: igbo pple with their killing habit when will they stop?

The boys are Igbo, Edo, and Yoruba - you bigot. undecided
Re: Obi Nwokeh, Christopher Omoregrie & Samson Odegbune Jailed For Murder In UK by iykay4455(m): 7:11pm On Apr 20, 2012
It shows how bigotry has blinded Bluetooth and Beatrice to see that yorubas were also involved in the murder

Other teens convicted of Sofyen's murder:
Adonis Akra , 18, Samuel Roberts , 19, Femi
Oderinwale , 18, Obi Nwokeh , 19, Christopher
Omoregrie , 18, Samson Odegbune , 18.

lindaikeji..com/2012/03/19yr-old-ngerian-teen-victoria-osoteku.html?m=1
Re: Obi Nwokeh, Christopher Omoregrie & Samson Odegbune Jailed For Murder In UK by iykay4455(m): 7:12pm On Apr 20, 2012
shymmex:

The boys are Igbo, Edo, and Yoruba - you bigot. undecided

Don't mind those low lives and in breds
Re: Obi Nwokeh, Christopher Omoregrie & Samson Odegbune Jailed For Murder In UK by Nobody: 7:24pm On Apr 20, 2012
Nigerians are crazy people - keep blaming the parents... If the shyte hole called Nigeria didn't drive these parents, who wanted better lives for their kids into exile - these boys won't be in the situation they're in right now..

What can the parents do?? Most parents our here work VERY hard, to pay bills, tax, and look after their kids - but it's not as easy as you guys think. Parents work round the clock most times, and are never at home. These kids grew up around gang members, and drug dealers - and they're enticed from a young age... It's different out here, if you are raised in a council flat.. You've to form a bond with all the 'yutes' you grew up with - because everywhere is territorial.. That's the only way you won't get bullied, and probably fend for yourself without depending on your parents..

One other thing most people don't know is that, most Nigerian kids out here were raised in broken homes - where the Dad is either absent, or around, but don't play active roles in the lives of their kids... Naija mums in the UK are BLACK QUEENS, trust me - and you can't blame them, because most of them break their backs everyday doing odd jobs, to cater for their kids... The system is just phucked up, and the thieving bastards in the shyte hole called Nigeria - have also destroyed their home country..

It's easy for you guys to come on the internet and post silly comments - but please do a thorough research before posting your ignorance...

3 Likes

Re: Obi Nwokeh, Christopher Omoregrie & Samson Odegbune Jailed For Murder In UK by MurderX: 7:25pm On Apr 20, 2012

Four Nigerian Youths Jailed For British Teenager's Murder EDITED

angry angry

Three men have been jailed for at least 18 years each for murdering a 15-year-old schoolboy at a tube station.

Sofyen Belamouadden was stabbed nine times after pupils from two rival schools clashed at Victoria station in central London in March 2010.

Obi Nwokeh, 19 (Ibo), Christopher Omoregrie, 18,(Edo) and Samson Odegbune, 18,(Edo or Delta) were given life sentences at the Old Bailey and told they must serve a minimum of 18 years. They were ordered to serve concurrent eight-year detention sentences for conspiracy to cause grievous bodily harm.

The judge, Christopher Moss, said the "ferocious and merciless attack" took place in front of horrified commuters. "You gathered together for the purpose of serious mass violence in a busy public place at the height of the rush hour," he said.

Moss was sentencing eight people found guilty of various offences during a series of trials. He said the 12-second attack on Sofyen had followed a minor confrontation the day before between pupils of two west London schools in the food area of Victoria station.

After messages by text and on Facebook, pupils from the defendants' school armed themselves with knives and a samurai sword, expecting the other group to attack their school. But the confrontation came at Victoria when pupils from Sofyen's school were charged by teenagers led by Odegbune holding the sword.

A breakaway group chased Sofyen into the tube ticket office area and kicked, stabbed and struck him with other weapons as travellers watched in disbelief. The judge said the youths had shown no remorse and had not acknowledged responsibility for the death.

Earlier, Sofyen's father, Abdeslan, 51, said his son had been a promising footballer who dreamed of playing for England. "He was a star in the making. He was an outstanding all-round player. He was born and bred in London and often talked of his ambition to represent England in the World Cup final."

He said in an impact statement that Sofyen's death had left his family devastated. "I have no wish to inflict revenge on the culprits but Sofyen, whose life was tragically cut short, would expect justice to take its course. I often think of the suffering he must have gone through, that he was set upon with such savagery and why I was not there to protect him," he said.

Sofyen's mother, Naima Belamouadden, said: "I hope the memory of what they did to my son lives with them every day as it lives with me."

Adonis Akra, 18, Samuel Roberts, 19, and Femi Oderinwale, 18,(Yoruba) were found guilty of manslaughter and given 12 years' detention each. Victoria Osoteku, 19,(Edo) the only woman charged in connection with the death, was also found guilty of manslaughter and will be sentenced next week. Tyrone Richards, 17, and Enoch Amoah, 19, were found guilty of conspiracy to commit GBH and were sentenced to seven years' detention.

The defendants, all from west London, were among 20 pupils charged in connection with the attack. Four youths were earlier sentenced to two years' detention after pleading guilty to violent disorder. Three have been cleared of all charges and four others are still to be tried.

~Bluetooth:

I'm sure they are from Aba,Nnewi and Imo respectively.fu'cking murderers !

Please we need to educate those who have never travelled out of Lagos all their lives that not every tribe after Ijebu Ode is Ibo.

3 Likes

Re: Obi Nwokeh, Christopher Omoregrie & Samson Odegbune Jailed For Murder In UK by kay9(m): 7:25pm On Apr 20, 2012
Like, seriously?? Such a sad story and the best reply you could think of was that? Shame. You know, its better to keep quiet and have people wonder if you're a fool, than speaking out and confirming that you truly are a fool.
-
@OP, i'm really speechless... knives and a SAMURAI SWORD? Where in seven hells did they even get it? Its sad, gone are the good old days when kids settled disputes in a fair fight of fisticuffs.

1 Like

Re: Obi Nwokeh, Christopher Omoregrie & Samson Odegbune Jailed For Murder In UK by Nobody: 7:30pm On Apr 20, 2012
Murder_X:
Please we need to educate those who have never travelled out of Lagos all their lives that not every tribe after Ijebu Ode is Ibo.

It's not even an Igbo or Yoruba thing - another Nigerian, a Yoruba boy (Simon Kolawole) - was sentenced to 14 years in prison for manslaughter today..
Please, don't make it a tribe..

2 Likes

Re: Obi Nwokeh, Christopher Omoregrie & Samson Odegbune Jailed For Murder In UK by Nobody: 7:33pm On Apr 20, 2012
BlackBaron:

This was a well circulated story in the UK. The murdered teen was set upon by a group of teenagers in full view of returning commuters near a train station. The youths involved were clearly British citizens of Nigerian descent. Only highlighting this for the benefit of diasporan parents.

Nowt to do with inferiority complex.

first lets get ONE thing straight: the youths involved in the Victoria station attack were NOT ALL of Nigerian descent. you only have to read the name of some of the culprits in the dock to understand that.....unless of course, names such as Chris Goncalves, Samuel Roberts, Enoch Amoah and Tyrone Richards are Nigerian names to you?

and therefore thats what you should have written: 3 British youth OF NIGERIAN DESCENT were jailed......and since they were all in a GROUP of about 20, and many in that group were not of Nigerian descent. we can all conclude that their DESCENDANCE had absolutely nothing to do with anything.

but hey, many are doing WORST crimes in Nigeria on a DAILY BASIS, why should people of Nigerian descent abroad be viewed any differently?! is it because some people (of Nigerian descent) are "lucky" to be in the UK doing crimes, while MANY desperate Nigerians in Nigeria dream of going there (to do something good to better their lives), and cant........... thus feeling bitter about these jailed youngsters?

the youth problems in the UK is NOT a Nigerian problem, it is a countrywide problem, that is affecting EVERYBODY.

1 Like

Re: Obi Nwokeh, Christopher Omoregrie & Samson Odegbune Jailed For Murder In UK by MurderX: 7:45pm On Apr 20, 2012
shymmex:

It's not even an Igbo or Yoruba thing - another Nigerian, a Yoruba boy (Simon Kolawole) - was sentenced to 14 years in prison for manslaughter today..
Please, don't make it a tribe..

Dont get me wrong I was responding to Mr. Bluetooth in the quote above my comment who decideed to make such a serious and criminal matter tribalistic.
Re: Obi Nwokeh, Christopher Omoregrie & Samson Odegbune Jailed For Murder In UK by hamsky: 7:59pm On Apr 20, 2012
Oi! Oi! stop the tribalism we are all nigerians and please don't single anybody out of this. I'm Hausa and Love my fellow yoruba and igbo Nigerians so please join me for us to live as one and peacefully.

3 Likes

Re: Obi Nwokeh, Christopher Omoregrie & Samson Odegbune Jailed For Murder In UK by wowo2: 8:07pm On Apr 20, 2012
Why are people so blind to see. This has no bearing with what Nigerian tribes they come from.
It boils down to individual parenting. To love your child is not to allow him all the freedom in the world like to be feral and grow to be an animal - with no morals or understanding of right and wrong.
I really hope some academic has done a study on how migrant parents bring up their children in foreign countries angry
Re: Obi Nwokeh, Christopher Omoregrie & Samson Odegbune Jailed For Murder In UK by Nchara: 8:09pm On Apr 20, 2012
But

Odegbune (Urhobo/Itshekiri/Isoko) and Omoregrie (Edo) are not Igbo
Re: Obi Nwokeh, Christopher Omoregrie & Samson Odegbune Jailed For Murder In UK by buoye1(m): 8:10pm On Apr 20, 2012
guy u no try...u comment is so disappointin!!!!!arrrrrrghhhhh
Re: Obi Nwokeh, Christopher Omoregrie & Samson Odegbune Jailed For Murder In UK by BlackBaron: 8:20pm On Apr 20, 2012
MRbrownJAY:

first lets get ONE thing straight: the youths involved in the Victoria station attack were NOT ALL of Nigerian descent. you only have to read the name of some of the culprits in the dock to understand that.....unless of course, names such as Chris Goncalves, Samuel Roberts, Enoch Amoah and Tyrone Richards are Nigerian names to you?

and therefore thats what you should have written: 3 British youth OF NIGERIAN DESCENT were jailed......and since they were all in a GROUP of about 20, and many in that group were not of Nigerian descent. we can all conclude that their DESCENDANCE had absolutely nothing to do with anything.

but hey, many are doing WORST crimes in Nigeria on a DAILY BASIS, why should people of Nigerian descent abroad be viewed any differently?! is it because some people (of Nigerian descent) are "lucky" to be in the UK doing crimes, while MANY desperate Nigerians in Nigeria dream of going there (to do something good to better their lives), and cant........... thus feeling bitter about these jailed youngsters?

the youth problems in the UK is NOT a Nigerian problem, it is a countrywide problem, that is affecting EVERYBODY.

Admittedly, I failed to include bit bout British youths OF NIGERIAN DESCENT but dude, you're missing the point. Three concurrent life sentences were handed out to '3 British youth OF NIGERIAN DESCENT'. It's not until The Sun or DailyMail point out they are children of first generation immigrant parents or whatever. I only brought it to everyone's attention because tis a Nigerian forum.
Re: Obi Nwokeh, Christopher Omoregrie & Samson Odegbune Jailed For Murder In UK by akiesony(m): 8:26pm On Apr 20, 2012
#

3 Likes

Re: Obi Nwokeh, Christopher Omoregrie & Samson Odegbune Jailed For Murder In UK by wowo2: 8:26pm On Apr 20, 2012
shymmex: Nigerians are crazy people - keep blaming the parents... If the shyte hole called Nigeria didn't drive these parents, who wanted better lives for their kids into exile - these boys won't be in the situation they're in right now..

What can the parents do?? Most parents our here work VERY hard, to pay bills, tax, and look after their kids - but it's not as easy as you guys think. Parents work round the clock most times, and are never at home. These kids grew up around gang members, and drug dealers - and they're enticed from a young age... It's different out here, if you are raised in a council flat.. You've to form a bond with all the 'yutes' you grew up with - because everywhere is territorial.. That's the only way you won't get bullied, and probably fend for yourself without depending on your parents..

One other thing most people don't know is that, most Nigerian kids out here were raised in broken homes - where the Dad is either absent, or around, but don't play active roles in the lives of their kids... Naija mums in the UK are BLACK QUEENS, trust me - and you can't blame them, because most of them break their backs everyday doing odd jobs, to cater for their kids... The system is just phucked up, and the thieving bastards in the shyte hole called Nigeria - have also destroyed their home country..

It's easy for you guys to come on the internet and post silly comments - but please do a thorough research before posting your ignorance...

Someone still has to be responsible. At the end of the day, it is still bad parenting
I know of families outside of Nigeria with teenagers whose parents are forever trying to get them go out and participate in other activities, sports because all they ever want to do after school hours and on weekends is stay indoors reading textbooks and novels. These are also hardworking parents with kids no different from those brought up in good homes in Nigeria with high morals.
Re: Obi Nwokeh, Christopher Omoregrie & Samson Odegbune Jailed For Murder In UK by ceejayluv(m): 8:43pm On Apr 20, 2012
Our youths here in Nigeria commit dastardly crimes as well. Got nothin 2 do wit which country one is brought up.
Re: Obi Nwokeh, Christopher Omoregrie & Samson Odegbune Jailed For Murder In UK by Tyche(m): 8:44pm On Apr 20, 2012
f.u.c..k.i.n.g reta.rd. GTH ASAP.
Re: Obi Nwokeh, Christopher Omoregrie & Samson Odegbune Jailed For Murder In UK by chuks49(m): 9:32pm On Apr 20, 2012
~Bluetooth:

I'm sure they are from Aba,Nnewi and Imo respectively.fu'cking murderers !

Loud fool

1 Like

Re: Obi Nwokeh, Christopher Omoregrie & Samson Odegbune Jailed For Murder In UK by greatlee(m): 9:56pm On Apr 20, 2012

shocked shocked shocked YOU MUST BE A N Y M P H O. F O O L!!!

1 Like

Re: Obi Nwokeh, Christopher Omoregrie & Samson Odegbune Jailed For Murder In UK by safarigirl(f): 10:09pm On Apr 20, 2012
ceejayluv: Our youths here in Nigeria commit dastardly crimes as well. Got nothin 2 do wit which country one is brought up.
Point is, the child will most likely become a radical in a country like Britain with no written laws that allows a child to give their parent the middle finger with no repercussions than Nigeria where discipline is the key word, perhaps the parents ☺₣ these kids tried their best, but with male children, this can be very difficult, and the system only let's you do so much. The system is the core problem before the parents
Re: Obi Nwokeh, Christopher Omoregrie & Samson Odegbune Jailed For Murder In UK by fizzyshoes: 10:25pm On Apr 20, 2012
Igbo igbo igbo Who are you to judge (BEATRICE) God is watching you and your mouth. Be careful, if don't no what to say just close your mouth o.
Re: Obi Nwokeh, Christopher Omoregrie & Samson Odegbune Jailed For Murder In UK by Torch1(m): 10:45pm On Apr 20, 2012
Murder_X:

Please we need to educate those who have never travelled out of Lagos all their lives that not every tribe after Ijebu Ode is Igbo.
lol, people like Bluetooth and co!
Re: Obi Nwokeh, Christopher Omoregrie & Samson Odegbune Jailed For Murder In UK by Nobody: 10:45pm On Apr 20, 2012
beatrice webb: @justwise,u better be careful an know who an who to retaliate,is it not not igbo pple that dominates "money ritual" in this our beloved country? Okija shrine,clifford orji etc where are they from,u think UK is nigeria where u can carry out all sorts of evil act an get away with it? Just as your brother ibori did,thanks to the british for curbing the ANIMALISTIC behaviour of the igbo pple!

look here billy goat, u just dont run ur mouth carelessly here cos talk is cheap, and BTW how did this underage ever have access to the internet, she prolly might be a cafe attendant. 1d!ot . i would not want to insult u, but u are a genetic mistake
Re: Obi Nwokeh, Christopher Omoregrie & Samson Odegbune Jailed For Murder In UK by basher(m): 10:48pm On Apr 20, 2012
akiesony: Unfortunately, D average yoruba person is two faced, double standard, back stabbing, scheming and tribalistic. you must never take what they say at face value but must try to see the real motive behind their actions most times. In this case, the comments about 'igbos' is so blatant that I suspect it was posted to just instigate and generate response / comments for nairaland.
I think it is about time a parallel Nigerian forum is set up that can compete with Facebook in terms of content, decorum and proper conduct.

If the thread & inflammatory comments were just set up to generate responses & hence traffic, then it shows the depths that some people are willing to sink to just to make money.
Re: Obi Nwokeh, Christopher Omoregrie & Samson Odegbune Jailed For Murder In UK by Nobody: 10:48pm On Apr 20, 2012
Murder_X:

i think those with their brains streamlined think Nigeria is only made up of yoruba and the rest is ibo. foolish fo0ls

1 Like

Re: Obi Nwokeh, Christopher Omoregrie & Samson Odegbune Jailed For Murder In UK by basher(m): 10:55pm On Apr 20, 2012
Actually, that Beatrice Webb handle is suspect. Check out her previous posts. The style of writing is similar to some other posts I've seen on NairaLand. The writer is trying so hard to write bad English. I ain't convinced.
Re: Obi Nwokeh, Christopher Omoregrie & Samson Odegbune Jailed For Murder In UK by beatricewebb: 11:21pm On Apr 20, 2012
i am not an i will never belong to the category of tribalistic but if only those pple antagozing me can do a thorough research there could be some senses in what i said,see the way they are throwing insult is this not what i was saying about ANIMALISTIC trait?

1 Like

Re: Obi Nwokeh, Christopher Omoregrie & Samson Odegbune Jailed For Murder In UK by osasp(m): 11:28pm On Apr 20, 2012
shymmex: Nigerians are crazy people - keep blaming the parents... If the shyte hole called Nigeria didn't drive these parents, who wanted better lives for their kids into exile - these boys won't be in the situation they're in right now..

pfft..that argument doesnt hold any water man. parents dont have to be around their kids 24/7 to instil decent values in them. someone has to be responsible, leave them with the neighbour or make them join the youth clubs if its really that bad. you cant pin this one on the Nigerian govt. nobody send dem go born pikin! do you know how many successfull Nigerians hawked things back in the day after school just to support their mums? why didnt those ones start stabbing or carry guns?..or do you think the environment the UK is worse? broken homes are as a result of irresponsible parents - standard! and if you are a single parent you just have to devise a strategy to handle your child based on the environment he/she is growing up in.

@ op - i saw the news on the evening papers a few hours ago, fear catch me. kept scrolling through the names and the Nigerian ones kept sticking out. turns out the head honcho is some 18 year old girl or something like that. Nigerian from a broken home. the UK will continue having these problems with these kids because they dont value the luxury they have like free schools and other schemes provided for them free of charge..you walk the streets and you see sum 'agric' pikin like 14 years old almost 6ft, giving you dirty looks like they know you. makes me miss 9ja..one konk go rearrange the face. its a shame really, its only getting worse...rant over abeg..
Re: Obi Nwokeh, Christopher Omoregrie & Samson Odegbune Jailed For Murder In UK by swiftycool(m): 11:28pm On Apr 20, 2012
iykay4455:

This is why www.naijapals.com is a better site than nairaland.

No its not, its a Verrry dry site tongue

1 Like

Re: Obi Nwokeh, Christopher Omoregrie & Samson Odegbune Jailed For Murder In UK by beatricewebb: 11:37pm On Apr 20, 2012
the ANIMALISTIC trait is still in them they can't alienate them selves from it,its in their blood the truth is bitter,res ipsa loquitur,RES JUDICATA!
Re: Obi Nwokeh, Christopher Omoregrie & Samson Odegbune Jailed For Murder In UK by Ejine(m): 11:55pm On Apr 20, 2012
beatrice webb: the ANIMALISTIC trait is still in them they can't alienate them selves from it,its in their blood the truth is bitter,res ipsa loquitur,RES JUDICATA!

You mean people like Femi Oderinwale (one of the apprehended murder criminals), right? I agree with you, on that note.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

EndSARS: Our Youth Must Be Protected - Obafemi Hamzat / Officer Shot Dead As Police Foil Kidnap Of FCT Council Chair’s Family / 2 Enugu Monarchs Were In Cell Over Slain Cows

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.