Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,013 members, 7,817,986 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:55 AM

Do U Pray Before U Eat - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Do U Pray Before U Eat (975 Views)

When Your Mom Promise U Ice Cream If U Pray Well In Church / Do U Pray Before Eating? / When Last Did U Pray? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do U Pray Before U Eat by Henrick007: 11:41pm On Aug 12, 2012
answer with a yes or no pls
Re: Do U Pray Before U Eat by PAGAN9JA(m): 11:48pm On Aug 12, 2012
do you pray when you fill your car with petrol?
Re: Do U Pray Before U Eat by Henrick007: 11:50pm On Aug 12, 2012
ogbeni pegan is dat ur yes or no?
Re: Do U Pray Before U Eat by PAGAN9JA(m): 11:58pm On Aug 12, 2012
no. i pray when i start my day and when i end it. if i were to pray everytime i ate, then i would be competing with the muslims.

food is just a life-process, just as breathing, excreting, reproduction, digestion, etc. you dont have to pray for it since it is what keeps you alive and working. food is not a choice. it is a necessity. a prayer thankful for creation itself is sufficient.

1 Like

Re: Do U Pray Before U Eat by Henrick007: 12:05am On Aug 13, 2012
praying before eating i tink it is a must because u dnt know wat d enemy hav planned for u, ur food might me poisoned but prayer cant still reduce d power of d poison
Re: Do U Pray Before U Eat by Nobody: 12:08am On Aug 13, 2012
yes i do

1 Like

Re: Do U Pray Before U Eat by dorox(m): 9:35am On Aug 13, 2012
Henrick007: praying before eating i tink it is a must because u dnt know wat d enemy hav planned for u, ur food might me poisoned but prayer cant still reduce d power of d poison
Who is this enemy that you guys keep talking about?
Re: Do U Pray Before U Eat by Henrick007: 10:05am On Aug 13, 2012
the enemy might be any1
Re: Do U Pray Before U Eat by dorox(m): 10:13am On Aug 13, 2012
If i buy my food in bulk could i also bless the food in bulk? Just wondering grin grin grin
Re: Do U Pray Before U Eat by PAGAN9JA(m): 10:16am On Aug 13, 2012
dorox: If i buy my food in bulk could i also bless the food in bulk? Just wondering grin grin grin

*smh Pagan 9Ja is always right. . tongue
Re: Do U Pray Before U Eat by ijawkid(m): 11:18am On Aug 13, 2012
Henrick007: praying before eating i tink it is a must because u dnt know wat d enemy hav planned for u, ur food might me poisoned but prayer cant still reduce d power of d poison

So that is the reason why u pray b4 u eat??

SMH!!!!!

1 Like

Re: Do U Pray Before U Eat by Henrick007: 11:25am On Aug 13, 2012
[quote author=ijawkid]

So that is the reason why u pray b4 u eat??

SMH!!!!
Dat not d only reason u also need to thank god for d food he gave u because many hav not eaten
Re: Do U Pray Before U Eat by PAGAN9JA(m): 12:26pm On Aug 13, 2012
Henrick007: Dat not d only reason u also need to thank god for d food he gave u because many hav not eaten

thats an insult. it means he is doing favouritism and hes mostly favouring white people since they are the ones who usually have 3-meals a day on their plates.
Re: Do U Pray Before U Eat by tobechi74: 1:53pm On Aug 13, 2012
Yes i pray always b4 i eat and drink anything.yoghurt,biscuit,chingum,star,beans etc anywhere

i thank God for the food,for providing,i ask him to bles d food. And to provide for those who dont have or cant eat.

Prayin b4 eatn is a habit i learnt from childhood. Its just part of me.
Re: Do U Pray Before U Eat by OmoAlata(f): 4:37pm On Aug 13, 2012
This is a true story. Make of it what you will. Doubters will always be doubters grin

A woman went to visit her mother in the village. The mother offered her food. The woman blessed the food and ate it. After she finished, her mother said, "Haba! Do you think I will give you poison; why bless the food before eating"? The woman replied, "Ah no ma o. I'm just used to it". Mother asks if her daughter wants some more food. Daughter says yes so mother brings more food out. Daughter is now conscious of what mother said before so did not bless food.

She goes back to city with various ailments and starts seeking help here and there. She finally meets a prophet who correctly stated that her problem started with the food she DID NOT bless. Her mother had put something in the first food which was cancelled out through her prayers but failing to bless the 2nd portion, transferred the evil arrows into her.

I bless my food O. It doesn't take that long (how hungry can you be). Simply saying "Bless this food O Lord, in Jesus name Amen" will suffice.

If you eat gboin-gboin, you will die gboin-gboin (or so my mother always says) LOL.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

How To Grasp God's Word. (4 Easy Steps) / Are You In A Cult ? - Characteristics Associated With Cultic Groups - Revised / Is Yahweh The Supreme Creator Or An Evil God?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.