Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,044 members, 7,814,573 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 03:23 PM

What Did Jesus Do For A Living? What Was His Occupation? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Did Jesus Do For A Living? What Was His Occupation? (5236 Views)

Legalizing Marijuana: What Would Jesus Do? / Boko Haram: What Will Jesus Do? What Will Jesus Say? / What Would Jesus Do To Celebrate His Birthday? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Did Jesus Do For A Living? What Was His Occupation? by LogicMind: 10:27pm On Apr 20, 2012
This man was walking around the middle east destroying other poeple's livelihood and managing to somehow feed & clothe his followers.
When and how did he earn the money to buy all these or was he an almajiri?
Re: What Did Jesus Do For A Living? What Was His Occupation? by brainchild78(m): 10:43pm On Apr 20, 2012
Are you serious? or jus looking for some foolish attention?
Re: What Did Jesus Do For A Living? What Was His Occupation? by Nobody: 10:47pm On Apr 20, 2012
brainchild78: Are you serious? or jus looking for some foolish attention?

seconded.
Do you believe the guy existed or are you just trolling? Why do you care?

1 Like

Re: What Did Jesus Do For A Living? What Was His Occupation? by MILLYRILLY: 1:26am On Apr 21, 2012
My friend, please i will advise you to believe and accept the Lord Jesus as your lord and personal Savior. He is a true friend. He came to restore mankind to God. if you allow Him into your live, you will be filled with the wisdom and power of God. Jesus is the wisdom and power of God. As per what He did for a living, His father supplied all His needs from Heaven according to His riches in glory. God is all sufficient. The riches in Heaven, the riches on earth and the riches beneath the earth belong to Jesus' father. Scripture says he that does not believe in Jesus has made God almighty a liar. Please i will advise you not to mock at Jesus. Please try to know Him. Moreover, no knowledge is lost.
Re: What Did Jesus Do For A Living? What Was His Occupation? by amor4ce(m): 3:29am On Apr 21, 2012
MILLY_RILLY: My friend, please i will advise you to believe and accept the Lord Jesus as your lord and personal Savior. He is a true friend. He came to restore mankind to God. if you allow Him into your live, you will be filled with the wisdom and power of God. Jesus is the wisdom and power of God. As per what He did for a living, His father supplied all His needs from Heaven according to His riches in glory. God is all sufficient. The riches in Heaven, the riches on earth and the riches beneath the earth belong to Jesus' father. Scripture says he that does not believe in Jesus has made God almighty a liar. Please i will advise you not to mock at Jesus. Please try to know Him. Moreover, no knowledge is lost.
Are you not ignorantly advising him to accept Zeus/IeZeus/Baal?
Re: What Did Jesus Do For A Living? What Was His Occupation? by chimauga(m): 6:29am On Apr 21, 2012
the poster is a muslims , that is why all that comment comes , but any way , Jesus job in my bible is "he went around doing good " if u are good to pple , you will be recieving gift from all round, u ur self try to be good to ppl around you , u will get a bountiful reward thank you.

Re: What Did Jesus Do For A Living? What Was His Occupation? by Joagbaje(m): 7:04am On Apr 21, 2012
The job Jesus did was preaching the gospel.

God provided for him. Especially through money and gifts he recieved from people.

Luke 8:3
And Joanna, the wife of Chuza, Herod's chief house- servant, and Susanna and a number of others, who gave him of their wealth for his needs.
Re: What Did Jesus Do For A Living? What Was His Occupation? by LogicMind: 8:17am On Apr 21, 2012
brainchild78: Are you serious? or jus looking for some foolish attention?

both.
i am very serious. don't you think that it is important that followers know what the leader did so they can emulate him? I find it suspicious that this important factor of everybody's life is excluded from the life of jesus.
i also want the question to gather attention so people know exactly who they are following.
Re: What Did Jesus Do For A Living? What Was His Occupation? by LogicMind: 8:19am On Apr 21, 2012
Martian:

seconded.
Do you believe the guy existed or are you just trolling? Why do you care?

yes, he existed.
i care because i am affected daily by people all around me whose talk and behaviour are influenced by what they think they know about jesus.
Re: What Did Jesus Do For A Living? What Was His Occupation? by LogicMind: 8:21am On Apr 21, 2012
MILLY_RILLY: My friend, please i will advise you to believe and accept the Lord Jesus as your lord and personal Savior. He is a true friend. He came to restore mankind to God. if you allow Him into your live, you will be filled with the wisdom and power of God. Jesus is the wisdom and power of God. As per what He did for a living, His father supplied all His needs from Heaven according to His riches in glory. God is all sufficient. The riches in Heaven, the riches on earth and the riches beneath the earth belong to Jesus' father. Scripture says he that does not believe in Jesus has made God almighty a liar. Please i will advise you not to mock at Jesus. Please try to know Him. Moreover, no knowledge is lost.

But how were these riches supplied? In what way? In what form? I thought he lived like a pauper. Which riches are you talking about? Please be specific.
Re: What Did Jesus Do For A Living? What Was His Occupation? by LogicMind: 8:24am On Apr 21, 2012
chima-uga:
the poster is a muslims , that is why all that comment comes , but any way , Jesus job in my bible is "he went around doing good " if u are good to pple , you will be recieving gift from all round, u ur self try to be good to ppl around you , u will get a bountiful reward thank you.

So he was beggar?
I do good to people around me but i swear to you that i can't survive without a personal occupation and means of income.
a begging prince is not my idea of a son of god.

and in which mosque have you seen me?
Re: What Did Jesus Do For A Living? What Was His Occupation? by LogicMind: 8:26am On Apr 21, 2012
Joagbaje: The job Jesus did was preaching the gospel.

God provided for him. Especially through money and gifts he recieved from people.

Luke 8:3
And Joanna, the wife of Chuza, Herod's chief house- servant, and Susanna and a number of others, who gave him of their wealth for his needs.

So he was an almajiri then?
Re: What Did Jesus Do For A Living? What Was His Occupation? by Nobody: 8:57am On Apr 21, 2012
Friends, the stories in the bible are absolutely crap, they never happened anywhere, if not thought from childhood, nobody would believe such crap. how can one go about the story that 5thousand people ate 2fish and 5bread and then had 12baskets of fish&bread left over?? even my dog would bark at that if I say it loud.
Re: What Did Jesus Do For A Living? What Was His Occupation? by Joagbaje(m): 8:59am On Apr 21, 2012
^^^
What is almajiri?
Re: What Did Jesus Do For A Living? What Was His Occupation? by Jenwitemi(m): 9:06am On Apr 21, 2012
He was a rebel Freemason which is symbolized in the bible as a CARPENTER.
Logic Mind: This man was walking around the middle east destroying other poeple's livelihood and managing to somehow feed & clothe his followers.
When and how did he earn the money to buy all these or was he an almajiri?
Re: What Did Jesus Do For A Living? What Was His Occupation? by Jenwitemi(m): 9:07am On Apr 21, 2012
A street beggar/urchin?
Joagbaje: ^^^
What is almajiri?
Re: What Did Jesus Do For A Living? What Was His Occupation? by LogicMind: 9:13am On Apr 21, 2012
What is almajiri?

unemployable beggar sustained by richer benefactors like the goverment or wealthy individuals.
Re: What Did Jesus Do For A Living? What Was His Occupation? by Frostyzone(m): 9:16am On Apr 21, 2012
[quote author=Logic Mind]This man was walking around the middle east destroying other poeple's livelihood and managing to somehow feed & clothe his followers.
When and how did he earn the money to buy all these or was he an almajiri?[/quote ]

@Logic Mind,how does a pastor manage to live in a big mansion and drive a lexus without any other source of income?
The answer is simple:Through exhortion,lies and deceit.
The same applies to Jesus in the bible.
We all know he had a silver tongue,so achieving those must have been very easy for him indeed.
Re: What Did Jesus Do For A Living? What Was His Occupation? by Jenwitemi(m): 9:21am On Apr 21, 2012
No beggar is unemployable unless he is physically incapacitated. Jesus was supposed to be a physically fully functional man in his days so does not qualify by your definition.
Logic Mind:

unemployable beggar sustained by richer benefactors like the goverment or wealthy individuals.
Re: What Did Jesus Do For A Living? What Was His Occupation? by LogicMind: 9:33am On Apr 21, 2012
Jenwitemi: No beggar is unemployable unless he is physically incapacitated. Jesus was supposed to be a physically fully functional man in his days so does not qualify by your definition.

so what was his employment then?
Re: What Did Jesus Do For A Living? What Was His Occupation? by Jenwitemi(m): 9:39am On Apr 21, 2012
Street preacher who got paid from heaven above? Don't quote me on that. Okay, just joking.

According to legends, Jesus did not need to be paid because he was from a very rich family. His uncle, for example, Joseph of Arimathea, was supposed to be one of the richest men around at that time as a tin merchant. He obviously financed his ministry, so Jesus never had to work.
Logic Mind:

Re: What Did Jesus Do For A Living? What Was His Occupation? by Frostyzone(m): 9:41am On Apr 21, 2012
Logic Mind:

He was a Pastor equivalent in those days.
Re: What Did Jesus Do For A Living? What Was His Occupation? by ckkris: 9:44am On Apr 21, 2012
Fighting many, many wars, raiding caravans and sharing those spoils of war. Then acquired all kinds of wives.
Re: What Did Jesus Do For A Living? What Was His Occupation? by LogicMind: 9:47am On Apr 21, 2012
Jenwitemi: Street preacher who got paid from heaven above? Don't quote me on that. Okay, just joking.

According to legends, Jesus did not need to be paid because he was from a very rich family. His uncle, for example, Joseph of Arimathea, was supposed to be one of the richest men around at that time as a tin merchant. He obviously financed his ministry, so Jesus never had to work.

Joseph of Arimathea was not related to jesus. he was one of his disciples, John 19:38 Later, Joseph of Arimathea asked Pilate for the body of Jesus. Now Joseph was a disciple of Jesus, but secretly because he feared the Jewish leaders.

Jesus's "dad" was a carpenter and her mum didn't have any job as far as we were told.

So maybe Joseph of Arimathea and Joanna were some of the benefactors of jesus. It doesn't make him any less almajiri.
Re: What Did Jesus Do For A Living? What Was His Occupation? by Joagbaje(m): 9:48am On Apr 21, 2012
Logic Mind:
So he was an almajiri then?

What is almajiri?

Logic Mind:

He wasn't a bigger ,he rendered services to lives by his ministry. In the flesh you may say he got paid for services rendered.
Re: What Did Jesus Do For A Living? What Was His Occupation? by ckkris: 9:59am On Apr 21, 2012
Its good that anyone can SAY ANYTHING, ABOUT JESUS OF NAZARETH, without fear, really because HE BROUGHT FREEDOM & LIBERTY to all mankind. But please don't try it on any other founder of religion, or you see what will happen to Nairaland and its bloggers. True or False?
Re: What Did Jesus Do For A Living? What Was His Occupation? by Jenwitemi(m): 10:13am On Apr 21, 2012
Not the same Joseph, numpty. Joseph of Arimathea was never Jesus' disciple, but his uncle who appeared in the gospels all but once. You are talking of a different Joseph.
Logic Mind:

Joseph of Arimathea was not related to jesus. he was one of his disciples, John 19:38 Later, Joseph of Arimathea asked Pilate for the body of Jesus. Now Joseph was a disciple of Jesus, but secretly because he feared the Jewish leaders.

Jesus's "dad" was a carpenter and her mum didn't have any job as far as we were told.

So maybe Joseph of Arimathea and Joanna were some of the benefactors of jesus. It doesn't make him any less almajiri.
Re: What Did Jesus Do For A Living? What Was His Occupation? by Jenwitemi(m): 10:14am On Apr 21, 2012
FALSE. Jesus may have tried to bring freedom, but religion got hold of his message and made it into a bleeping prison of the mind.
ckkris: Its good that anyone can SAY ANYTHING, ABOUT JESUS OF NAZARETH, without fear, really because HE BROUGHT FREEDOM & LIBERTY to all mankind. But please don't try it on any other founder of religion, or you see what will happen to Nairaland and its bloggers. True or False?
Re: What Did Jesus Do For A Living? What Was His Occupation? by Frostyzone(m): 10:16am On Apr 21, 2012
But please don't try it on any other founder of religion, or you see what will happen to Nairaland and its bloggers. True or False? [/quote]

And exactly what will happen?
Re: What Did Jesus Do For A Living? What Was His Occupation? by Jenwitemi(m): 10:18am On Apr 21, 2012
Joseph of Arimathea was never Jesus' disciple. Legends have it that he was Jesus' uncle who even took Jesus to the British isles on one of his tin mining trips in the Jesus years not included in the bible. That is as far as i know about Jesus' shadowy background.
Logic Mind:

Re: What Did Jesus Do For A Living? What Was His Occupation? by LogicMind: 10:29am On Apr 21, 2012
Jenwitemi: Joseph of Arimathea was never Jesus' disciple. Legends have it that he was Jesus' uncle who even took Jesus to the British isles on one of his tin mining trips in the Jesus years not included in the bible. That is as far as i know about Jesus' shadowy background.

bible says he's his disciple
your lengend says he's his uncle

which one do you think christians believe?
Re: What Did Jesus Do For A Living? What Was His Occupation? by ckkris: 10:59am On Apr 21, 2012
Logic Mind.
Please who is this lengend you're citing?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

"Hand Of God" Caught On Camera In Calabar? / 9 Months to the Rapture of the Sons of God (Rev. 12:5)! / Going To Church For Years: Are You Growing Spiritually?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.