Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,117 members, 7,814,916 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 11:21 PM

What Did Jesus Do For A Living? What Was His Occupation? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Did Jesus Do For A Living? What Was His Occupation? (5237 Views)

Legalizing Marijuana: What Would Jesus Do? / Boko Haram: What Will Jesus Do? What Will Jesus Say? / What Would Jesus Do To Celebrate His Birthday? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Did Jesus Do For A Living? What Was His Occupation? by ckkris: 11:27am On Apr 24, 2012
Sir, I believe you're satisfied with what Jesus did, and still doing. Is Osiris for secret societies? Jesus is open to all, free of charge. Please sir, do people have to pay to buy information about Osiris. A follower of ancient Egyptian mystic order, once boasted that he had CAUSED MOTOR ACCIDENT in order to progress from degree 8 to 9. If he and his ilk dare to make such incantations openly, even a little child can prevent his accident by proclaiming the almighty name of Jesus. Is this the season for all the feeble and vain grumblings against Jesus? JESUS LIVES FOR EVER, to destroy the works of devils, and to give victorious Life to mankind, more abundantly.

1 Like

Re: What Did Jesus Do For A Living? What Was His Occupation? by Unitedsatanist(f): 9:27pm On Apr 24, 2012
It was not unusual for wandering sages of his time to take on some kind of common labor (such as carpentry or tent making) in order to supplement their income while traveling around and teaching.

Now in the Bible it does say he was a carpenter, so we can assume that is what he did.
Re: What Did Jesus Do For A Living? What Was His Occupation? by LogicMind: 10:49pm On Apr 24, 2012
Unitedsatanist: It was not unusual for wandering sages of his time to take on some kind of common labor (such as carpentry or tent making) in order to supplement their income while traveling around and teaching.

Now in the Bible it does say he was a carpenter, so we can assume that is what he did.

where in the bible does it say he was a carpenter?
Re: What Did Jesus Do For A Living? What Was His Occupation? by ckkris: 12:01am On Apr 25, 2012
Logic Mind.
Jesus was known as a carpenter, Mark 6:3.
Re: What Did Jesus Do For A Living? What Was His Occupation? by Judek2(m): 1:34am On Apr 25, 2012
@Logicmind
you can as well react like these Jews.

Then they scoffed, "He's just a carpenter, the son of Mary and the brother of James, Joseph, Judas, and Simon. And his sisters live right here among us." They were deeply offended and refused to believe in him.
Re: What Did Jesus Do For A Living? What Was His Occupation? by Nobody: 8:42am On Apr 25, 2012
ckkris: 991.
Sir, I believe you're satisfied with what Jesus did, and still doing. Is Osiris for secret societies? Jesus is open to all, free of charge. Please sir, do people have to pay to buy information about Osiris. A follower of ancient Egyptian mystic order, once boasted that he had CAUSED MOTOR ACCIDENT in order to progress from degree 8 to 9. If he and his ilk dare to make such incantations openly, even a little child can prevent his accident by proclaiming the almighty name of Jesus. Is this the season for all the feeble and vain grumblings against Jesus? JESUS LIVES FOR EVER, to destroy the works of devils, and to give victorious Life to mankind, more abundantly.

In the ancient world there was a very widespread belief in the sufferings and deaths of gods as being beneficial to man. Adonis, Attis, Dionysos, Herakles, Mithra, Osiris, and other deities, were all saviour-gods whose deaths were regarded as sacrifices made on behalf of mankind; and it is to be noticed that in almost every case there is clear evidence that the god sacrificed himself to himself (i.e to make name)jesus never existed dude, the story of orisis was rewritten with names, places and events changed. orisis was the light of the world, the king of kings, lord of lords, the resurrection and life etc. he had a eucharist sort in which his body was eaten in form of cake/wheat, also died and was resurrected.
Re: What Did Jesus Do For A Living? What Was His Occupation? by Nobody: 9:08am On Apr 25, 2012

Ancient paintings from Val Camonica, Italy are believed to depict forgotten deities/gods, astronaut proponents claim these pictures resemble modern day astronauts despite being painted ca. 10,000 BC. do your research dude, its obvious that Intelligent extraterrestrial life visited this planet Earth in ancient times and profoundly affected the development of human civilization. try google the Anunnaki, read the ancient summerian text and see the similarities with the old testament you preach in the bible, also read genesis 6:1-4, ask yourself(not your pastor) who are these sosns of gods that visited earth? fell in love and were intimate with the daughters of men ere on earth? took them as wives and had children with them(giant) who were these giants in the old testament? what is the meaning of ANU in the old testament, who are the nephilins? take a clear look at pictures of old dieties and tell me what they look like?

In World War 2 an American fighter pilot crash-landed in the Brazilian rainforest where he was discovered by an isolated tribe of natives. Impressed by his technical gadgetry and his descent from the sky, these primitive people elevated him to the status of a god and created a religion around him. Today, the “proof” of their religion consists of a series of artifacts hanging from tree branches, including items such as a broken plane engine, an empty cigarette lighter and a rusting pocketknife. But to the educated reader, these artifacts are instead testimony to the fact that the artifacts of a religion are not proof of the religion itself but rather proof of the actual event which occurred (and was quite possibly misinterpreted).

my dear, any sufficiently advanced technology is perceived as miracle, Could Christianity be the product of a similar misinterpretation?? the question remains undoubtedly provocative because a lot of people believe in Christianity, but note that 'a lot of people believe in something doesn't make that thing true'
Re: What Did Jesus Do For A Living? What Was His Occupation? by ckkris: 10:35am On Apr 25, 2012
It's good you read The Bible, The Word Of God, that enhanced science and technology more than any other in history. Those fables you mentioned, contribute nothing to the march of civilisation. Sir, I also researched, and discovered that The God of Abraham, Isaac, and Israel, manifest as Jesus of Nazareth, is the reason you and I enjoy freedom of expression, et al. None of the fables you mentioned can help anyone, that's why millions of people worship Jesus, who gives sustainable victories over secret societies and their incantations. Please when you desire peace, call Him, He will answer. And assured sir, that I will never take offence for whatever you express. Rejoice !
Re: What Did Jesus Do For A Living? What Was His Occupation? by Nobody: 8:24pm On Apr 25, 2012
It's good you read The Bible, The Word Of God, that enhanced science and technology more than any other in history. Those fables you mentioned, contribute nothing to the march of civilisation. Sir, I also researched, and discovered that The God of Abraham, Isaac, and Israel, manifest as Jesus of Nazareth, is the reason you and I enjoy freedom of expression, et al. None of the fables you mentioned can help anyone, that's why millions of people worship Jesus, who gives sustainable victories over secret societies and their incantations. Please when you desire peace, call Him, He will answer. And assured sir, that I will never take offence for whatever you express. Rejoice !

unfortunately those fables gave birth to religion! rejoice too.
Re: What Did Jesus Do For A Living? What Was His Occupation? by jcross19: 3:02am On Apr 26, 2012
Logic Mind:

So he was beggar?
I do good to people around me but i swear to you that i can't survive without a personal occupation and means of income.
a begging prince is not my idea of a son of god.
and in which mosque have you seen me?
u are a fool why cant say there is no God huh so people will know ur type.stop wasting ur time better and well known personalties of atheist tried to discard and rubbish jesus existence but a bunch of archeology digging prove them wrong.well all these u wrote can come from fraustrated soul.are u fraustrated?why can't u hug electric transfomer?
Re: What Did Jesus Do For A Living? What Was His Occupation? by ckkris: 7:23am On Apr 26, 2012
Christ Jesus has, and continues to help mankind, more than all the gods you mentioned. They exist alright, but none of them can do one good thing. Jesus and His genuine followers, not the rogue pastors that prey on people, bring high quality lifestyles everywhere, together with the freedom by which wicked and ungrateful people abuse Him anyhow they like. If they try it on any of these gods and their religions, they certainly know what will happen to them.
Its exhilarating Sir, to read Acts 10:38, how Jesus, even TODAY, goes about doing good, restoring the dignity of mankind, from Jerusalem to Europe, to the Americas, to Africa, to Asia, anywhere people live. Please think, what was your village like before Jesus and His followers brought The Bible, schools, hospitals, and peace. Or what was it like in Europe before they accepted Jesus. How about the Americas. Oh, millions of Indians are told they are the same as cockroaches and rats, waiting to die and reincarnate many times before they can enjoy what the Brahmans are enjoying now. Jesus put a stop to all and other lies. Will the oppressors that benefit from these lies allow Him? Hell says no! I among millions of others say YES LORD, set more people free from spiritual and physical bondage. And He is still doing good. JESUS IS LORD.
Re: What Did Jesus Do For A Living? What Was His Occupation? by Nobody: 8:44am On Apr 26, 2012
Christ Jesus has, and continues to help mankind, more than all the gods you mentioned. They exist alright, but none of them can do one good thing. Jesus and His genuine followers, not the rogue pastors that prey on people, bring high quality lifestyles everywhere, together with the freedom by which wicked and ungrateful people abuse Him anyhow they like. If they try it on any of these gods and their religions, they certainly know what will happen to them.
Its exhilarating Sir, to read Acts 10:38, how Jesus, even TODAY, goes about doing good, restoring the dignity of mankind, from Jerusalem to Europe, to the Americas, to Africa, to Asia, anywhere people live. Please think, what was your village like before Jesus and His followers brought The Bible, schools, hospitals, and peace. Or what was it like in Europe before they accepted Jesus. How about the Americas. Oh, millions of Indians are told they are the same as cockroaches and rats, waiting to die and reincarnate many times before they can enjoy what the Brahmans are enjoying now. Jesus put a stop to all and other lies. Will the oppressors that benefit from these lies allow Him? Hell says no! I among millions of others say YES LORD, set more people free from spiritual and physical bondage. And He is still doing good. JESUS IS LORD.

man is and has always been a prisoner of his own mind! whatever one believes in works for him/her, that simply illustrates the power of human mind. Man is a clear example of a traveling vagabond when it comes to religion. It is unfortunately true (to say the least) that Man is a Beast for gods. He is constantly seeking meaning, purpose and guidance from a higher power, an all-knowing,all-powerful, all-forgiving and all-everything cosmic entity to replace the void of uncertainty in the chaotic world he has found himself.
Religion is a global phenomenon with a singular origin and that origin is not necessarily God or some divine cosmic entity (God is a product of religion and not the other way round) but rather the collective sub-conscious consensus that man has over centuries built to provide Balanced Reasoning and Intelligence sufficient to guarantee his continual survival in a world he is gradually coming to understand. Ultimately the fortunate (discerning) few will dispense of mythological and nonsensical references in religious texts and assimilate only important TRUTHS. only then can an individual truly be at one with the cosmos.
Sorry i dont believe in jesus,mohamed,buhda,jehova,etc..Perhaps my most basic reason for not believing in any of them is the absence of good reasons for doing so, The more I study religions the more I am convinced that man never worshipped anything but the creations of his own mind.
Re: What Did Jesus Do For A Living? What Was His Occupation? by LogicMind: 11:02am On Apr 26, 2012
jcross19: u are a fool why cant say there is no God huh so people will know ur type.stop wasting ur time better and well known personalties of atheist tried to discard and rubbish jesus existence but a bunch of archeology digging prove them wrong.well all these u wrote can come from fraustrated soul.are u fraustrated?why can't u hug electric transfomer?

another great christian write up.
Re: What Did Jesus Do For A Living? What Was His Occupation? by ckkris: 11:35am On Apr 26, 2012
Religion is the effort of mankind to find a god to help them resolve the dilemmas and mysteries that beggars science. One of such dilemma is Conscience.
Christianity is THE FACT that the only true God comes down to a level that mankind can understand, and establishes pragmatic and sustainable solution to life's dilemmas. Example is GRACE. Christianity is as pragmatic as the litmus test, anyone that is hungry and thirsty after righteousness shall be filled. Seek, you shall find. No wicked person can see the Kingdom of God, not to talk of entering into it. The wicked can make himself pastor, bishop, or any fancy title, or costume, all in strong self delusion, still the Everlasting Kingdom of God continues to expand, and the darkness can never comprehend it.
JESUS IS LORD.
Re: What Did Jesus Do For A Living? What Was His Occupation? by Unitedsatanist(f): 5:09pm On May 06, 2012
My dear he was a carpenter.... so even as a Christian u don't know? lol cheesy cheesy cheesy
Logic Mind:

where in the bible does it say he was a carpenter?
Re: What Did Jesus Do For A Living? What Was His Occupation? by LogicMind: 8:31pm On May 06, 2012
Unitedsatanist: My dear he was a carpenter.... so even as a Christian u don't know? lol cheesy cheesy cheesy

is that really you in the photo?
Re: What Did Jesus Do For A Living? What Was His Occupation? by brainchild78(m): 5:46am On May 08, 2012
Logic Mind:

money worshipping
Interesting. But what really baffles me is how someone can worship an item created by a human being. Its like drawing a picture or molding a sculpture and saying that you worship your own creation. Would God the creator worship man, animals, nature or any of His creations? Definitely not. And this is the more reason why man who is made in the image of God should not stoop so low to worship something he created. Seek ye 1st the TRUTH In GOD (i.e. the kingdom of God & His righteousness) & all other things shall be added onto you.

Dude I make money and a very good sum of it but my source of acquisition is from God Almighty. Money or any material wealth should not be your priority because it is an illusionary substance which comes and goes. Dollar or Naira bills are meaningless in the grave. Remember our tenure on this earth is 4 a short period of time. Death is inevitable. Hence strive to live a meaningful life in view of securing a peaceful home in eternity. I have explored every religion from Freemansonry, Wicca, Judiaism, Buddiasm etc but came to realise that none offer a true solution. I decided to do away with religion and embrace the truth. This truth is based on a simple principle of Love. This principle of Love is embedded in the one and only LORD JESUS CHRIST!
Re: What Did Jesus Do For A Living? What Was His Occupation? by brainchild78(m): 5:46am On May 08, 2012
Logic Mind:

money worshipping
Interesting. But what really baffles me is how someone can worship an item created by a human being. Its like drawing a picture or molding a sculpture and saying that you worship your own creation. Would God the creator worship man, animals, nature or any of His creations? Definitely not. And this is the more reason why man who is made in the image of God should not stoop so low to worship something he created. Seek ye 1st the TRUTH In GOD (i.e. the kingdom of God & His righteousness) & all other things shall be added onto you.

Dude I make money and a very good sum of it but my source of acquisition is from God Almighty. Money or any material wealth should not be your priority because it is an illusionary substance which comes and goes. Dollar or Naira bills are meaningless in the grave. Remember our tenure on this earth is 4 a short period of time. Death is inevitable. Hence strive to live a meaningful life in view of securing a peaceful home in eternity. I have explored every religion from Freemansonry, Wicca, Judiaism, Buddiasm etc but came to realise that none offer a true solution. I decided to do away with religion and embrace the truth. This truth is based on a simple principle of Love. This principle of Love is embedded in the one and only LORD JESUS CHRIST!

1 Like

Re: What Did Jesus Do For A Living? What Was His Occupation? by brainchild78(m): 5:55am On May 08, 2012
991:

unfortunately those fables gave birth to religion! rejoice too.
fables gave birth to false religions that do man more harm than good. the truth gave birth to Christ & Christianity. All such fables created religions which have lost substance in modern society. Only the true belief in the doctrine Christ remains standing through all times.
Re: What Did Jesus Do For A Living? What Was His Occupation? by logicboy: 8:49am On May 08, 2012
brainchild78: fables gave birth to false religions that do man more harm than good. the truth gave birth to Christ & Christianity. All such fables created religions which have lost substance in modern society. Only the true belief in the doctrine Christ remains standing through all times.

Christianity is based on lies, sorry.
Re: What Did Jesus Do For A Living? What Was His Occupation? by brainchild78(m): 11:03pm On May 08, 2012
logicboy:

prove it irrevocably. Otherise be very cautious. Remember you were a catholic and not a Christian. Catholic precepts are counterfiet and false. The first church was not the catholic church which was introduce by your heretic Constantine (who embraced the pagan traditions of Rome) centuries later. The 1st organisation of a Body of people embracing the teachings of Christ were non denominational and this is true Christianity. God is too enormous to fit in a box called religion.
Re: What Did Jesus Do For A Living? What Was His Occupation? by kingstarr: 10:01pm On Mar 08, 2013
logicboy:

Christianity is based on the life and teachings of Our Lord Jesus Christ is probably what you meant to say.

You would be correct to say some accounts in the bible contradict the revealed nature of and concept about God.

Agreed. The Scriptures, Holy Bible or Holy Quoran, are sacred because they present the thoughts and acts of men who were searching for God, and who in these writings left on record their highest concepts of righteousness, truth, and holiness. The Scriptures contain much that is true, very much, but in the light of our present teachings, we know that these writings also contain much that is misrepresentative of the Father in heaven, the loving God whom Jesus Christ came to reveal to all the world.

Never permit yourself for one moment to believe the Scripture records which tell you that the God of love directed your forefathers to go forth in battle to slay all their enemies--men, women, and children. Such records are the words of men, not very holy men, and they are not the word of God. The Scriptures always have, and always will, reflect the intellectual, moral, and spiritual status of those who create them. Have you not noted that the concepts of Yahweh grow in beauty and glory as the prophets make their records from Samuel to Isaiah? And you should remember that the Scriptures are intended for religious instruction and spiritual guidance. They are not the works of either historians or philosophers.

Many earnest seekers after the truth have been, and will continue to be, confused and disheartened by these doctrines of the perfection of the Scriptures. Obviously the bible is not a perfect compendium but it contains the word of God together with the experience of God seekers of ancient times.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

9 Months to the Rapture of the Sons of God (Rev. 12:5)! / Going To Church For Years: Are You Growing Spiritually? / T.D. Jakes Shocked After His Theology Called Into Question Following Gay Remarks

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.