Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,026 members, 7,818,030 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:34 AM

Final Subsidy Report: Download - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Final Subsidy Report: Download (13138 Views)

On The NNPC Subsidy Report. Observations Grossly Overlooked / Nuhu Ribadu’s Oil Subsidy Report / NNPC Vehemently Denies Fuel Subsidy Report (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Final Subsidy Report: Download by Nobody: 3:17pm On May 15, 2012
Can't wait to read what Beaf has got to say about this.
Re: Final Subsidy Report: Download by melvournis(f): 9:19am On May 19, 2012

Thanks for your post.
Re: Final Subsidy Report: Download by jdash123: 8:17am On May 20, 2012
Re: Final Subsidy Report: Download by demoore1(m): 8:21am On May 20, 2012
TO SUBMIT A REPORT IS NOT A BIG DEAL. REPORT IS EVEN A TOOL USED BY PDP TO MAKE US FEEL IT IS WORKING. IT WILL GO THE WAY OF OPUTA PANEL
Re: Final Subsidy Report: Download by Tgirl4real(f): 2:18pm On May 22, 2012
de-moore:
TO SUBMIT A REPORT IS NOT A BIG DEAL. REPORT IS EVEN A TOOL USED BY PDP TO MAKE US FEEL IT IS WORKING. IT WILL GO THE WAY OF OPUTA PANEL

Abi o . . . All na same same
Re: Final Subsidy Report: Download by wales(m): 7:27am On May 23, 2012
Nice one guy !
Re: Final Subsidy Report: Download by chaluwa: 12:39pm On May 25, 2012
Get daily info on what's going on about Fuel Subsidy! No tricks, no SPAM! We are in this together! SUBSCRIBE HERE : http://eepurl.com/kSHln
Re: Final Subsidy Report: Download by TrueAfrican: 10:54pm On May 27, 2012
Hi Guys,

My friend is in the process of applying for funding to enable her found a Non-Profit to fight chronic diseases in Africa. This lady is an achiever. She has some great achievements to her name - (attained MSc at age 19, Co-founded a students' society that raised funds to provide mosquito nets for rural dwellers in Nigeria and Cameroun,she's a writer, a poet, and a scientist!). So you can be sure that when she wins, she will achieve what she has set out to do.

To win, she will need the support of well wishers of Nigeria and Africa. All you need to do to play a part in her victory is to click on the link

http://crs.applications.grandchallenges.ca/en/viewVideo/28735E6AA7EC3AA87E7E6B and register to vote. A link will be sent to your email to ensure that you only vote once. Click on that link and find Ebele's video on Application no. 234. Click the 'like' button. And your part is over! You may want to do more by helping convince your friends to vote. That will be going the extra mile.

Please help vote for Ebele. She's currently number 2 which is a great feat for a Nigerian (African) living abroad. All she needs now is our individual votes and, perhaps, a vote from at least one friend.

Help fight diseases in Africa! Vote Ebele!!

Many Thanks.
Re: Final Subsidy Report: Download by unclejoe2: 11:46am On Jun 04, 2012
Crown polytechnic offers admission without JAMB/UTME..Very affordable and wowing school fees!!!...its jas ur SSCE..don't get scared Crownpoly was rated the best second polytechnic in Nig. (Google it for more info on that).Are u tired of stayin ahome n re-writin d UTME n SSCE now n Den?.Awaiting Result are consider too....for more info call 07033276732
Re: Final Subsidy Report: Download by ubandire(m): 1:07am On Jun 12, 2012
I have read thru the report and must admit that it is as revealing as it is mind boggling. I commend the House of Reps for instituting a probe into our subsidy regime. A lot of corruption and inefficiencies abound in the system. There is need for an overhaul and this brings me to the thinking once again that we may have gotten it wrong by opposing the withdrawal of subsidy in January. We may have gooffed. Increasinly, it's becoming obvious that the more we try to make pretences that we can eliminate corruption overnight, the more we are consumed by corruption. I therefore subscribe to the argument that the easiest way to fight corruption is to remove the source of corruption from the public sector and hand it over to the private sector. If there's anything which reinforces the need for this approach, it is the recent $600,000 bribery scandal involving the chairman of the subsidy probe himself. Suddenly, the hunter has become the hunted. Those who went to eliminate corruption in the corrupt ridden subsidy regime have found themselves nurturing the very evil they set out to eliminate. I am not trying to preempt the guilt of Farouk lawan (more so when the relevant anti graft agencies are yet to establish a prima facile case of corruption against him) but the recent scandal,even if [i][/i][font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font]it's halftruth, remains a clear indication that the management of subsidy will indeed be a major challenge in NIgeria. This brings me to one of the planks upon which the withdrawal of subsidy was rested. I recall vividly that during the subsidy debate, the cbn governor lamido sanusi argued that the best way to eliminate corruption in the oil sectot is to stop subsidy itself. I didn't agree with him then. I held the view that govt must take certain stringent measures to expose those behind the corruption in the oil sector but recent events have forced me into a rethink. Let's face facts. The corruption in the oil sector is complex, endemic, scientific, technical, and has a corporate existence in NNPC. Even if u sack and replace all the present players in the industry(which is practically impossible) the new set of NIgerians will still abuse the system to their advantage. I have listened to several calls for the president to enforce the probe panel report. Much as I admit that this govt must be aggressive in its fight against corruption, but that is not a solution to the problem. Let's assume that GEJ heeded the calls from some society groups that Deziani Madueke should be sacked on account of the Farouk lawan report without a proper review as the Miinister of Justice advocated. Wouldn't it have been an error of judgement by the president given the fresh scandals rocking the probe panel itself? As it stands now, the subsidy probe report is already tainted either rightly or wrongly. Farouk has a lot of questions to answer in order to restore credibility to his report. We must know why he decided to visit otedola inspite of a general committment by committee members not to visit any one involved in the probe. We must also need to know why it took him so long(almost 4 months) to tell us that he was just playing along. We must also like to know why he failed to compel the appearance of notable Northern stakeholders in the petroleum industry like Barkindo, Rilwanu lukman etc. There is so much politics than meets the ordinary eye in all of these. There are several rumors and counter rumours that some Northern leaders who are perennial beneficiaries of the corruption in the oil sector can't wait to see the back of Dieziani. While others claim that under her watch, we have witnessed high level of oil theft and corruption. Whichever side one chooses to believe, the truth is that there's need for us to divest govt of substantial control of management of our oil resources. That is the essence of deregulation and it begins with the removal of subsidy. If there's no subsidy, there won't be any mismanagement that will warrant a probe and the illegal figures being bandied around as subsidy claims. We won't need to wake up to the sad details of how the 888 billion earmarked for subsidy funds for 2012 fiscal year has been exhausted by June. We will be saved from this drama where people will grandstand about their credibility in the afternoon and go back at night to do worse. Some how i am being tempted to arrive at the irresistible conclusion that the same cabal are behind our woes. They re the ones who sponsor protests against subsidy removal. They re still the ones who instigate probes and appear before them.They re the ones who still influence the outcome with their bribes. They re the ones who will compromise you and still embarrass you in the public. They are the ones who will still frustrate the diligent prosecution of the compromised who govt decides to take to court. so the whole scenario leaves us with a vicious circle. This is not to say that the cabal is invincible and cannot be dealth with. In all fairness to the present govt, they had the boldness to deal with them by withdrawing subsidy in January. But they fought back and returned through our ignorance. Now we may have to grapple with the harsh reality of continuous corruption in the name of subsidy regime.
Re: Final Subsidy Report: Download by Nobody: 10:55am On Jul 04, 2012
Iliveon: This is the official report by Ahmed Farouk Lawal committee on fuel subsidy.
http://omojuwa.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/FINAL-SUBSIDY-REPORT..pdf

Hello pals, I got a contract by a multi- national oil company to get a space beside a water-side at Calaber, Warri or PH for a Jetty to be built. But preferably Calabar. Anyone who can link me up with such a location can mail me at tit2870@yahoo.com. Please if you aren`t sure of the source just walk away and don`t bother contacting me. Thanks
Re: Final Subsidy Report: Download by 1LINC: 3:44pm On Jul 04, 2012
ITbomb: Thanks, I will keep and show my grandchildren how we stole their future.

INSTEAD OF SHOWING DEM HOW WE STOLE THEIR FUTURE....WHY NOT SHOW THEM HOW THE CULPRITS WERE BROUGHT TO JUSTICE AND PUNISHED SEVERELY, EXCEPT THAT THEY WILL GO UNPUNISHED IF WE DONT ACT NOW.
Re: Final Subsidy Report: Download by ezicat: 1:03am On Jul 05, 2012
Your approach assumes that the subsidy is the only avenue for corruption in the country. If corruption isn't battled, what do you think will happen to the money "saved" by removing the subsidy?

Politics aside, I don't understand how difficult it is to personally manage a budget - the subsidy budget - if you start by organizing the process properly.

ubandire: I have read thru the report and must admit that it is as revealing as it is mind boggling. I commend the House of Reps for instituting a probe into our subsidy regime. A lot of corruption and inefficiencies abound in the system. There is need for an overhaul and this brings me to the thinking once again that we may have gotten it wrong by opposing the withdrawal of subsidy in January. We may have gooffed. Increasinly, it's becoming obvious that the more we try to make pretences that we can eliminate corruption overnight, the more we are consumed by corruption. I therefore subscribe to the argument that the easiest way to fight corruption is to remove the source of corruption from the public sector and hand it over to the private sector. If there's anything which reinforces the need for this approach, it is the recent $600,000 bribery scandal involving the chairman of the subsidy probe himself. Suddenly, the hunter has become the hunted. Those who went to eliminate corruption in the corrupt ridden subsidy regime have found themselves nurturing the very evil they set out to eliminate. I am not trying to preempt the guilt of Farouk lawan (more so when the relevant anti graft agencies are yet to establish a prima facile case of corruption against him) but the recent scandal,even if [i][/i][font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font]it's halftruth, remains a clear indication that the management of subsidy will indeed be a major challenge in NIgeria. This brings me to one of the planks upon which the withdrawal of subsidy was rested. I recall vividly that during the subsidy debate, the cbn governor lamido sanusi argued that the best way to eliminate corruption in the oil sectot is to stop subsidy itself. I didn't agree with him then. I held the view that govt must take certain stringent measures to expose those behind the corruption in the oil sector but recent events have forced me into a rethink. Let's face facts. The corruption in the oil sector is complex, endemic, scientific, technical, and has a corporate existence in NNPC. Even if u sack and replace all the present players in the industry(which is practically impossible) the new set of NIgerians will still abuse the system to their advantage. I have listened to several calls for the president to enforce the probe panel report. Much as I admit that this govt must be aggressive in its fight against corruption, but that is not a solution to the problem. Let's assume that GEJ heeded the calls from some society groups that Deziani Madueke should be sacked on account of the Farouk lawan report without a proper review as the Miinister of Justice advocated. Wouldn't it have been an error of judgement by the president given the fresh scandals rocking the probe panel itself? As it stands now, the subsidy probe report is already tainted either rightly or wrongly. Farouk has a lot of questions to answer in order to restore credibility to his report. We must know why he decided to visit otedola inspite of a general committment by committee members not to visit any one involved in the probe. We must also need to know why it took him so long(almost 4 months) to tell us that he was just playing along. We must also like to know why he failed to compel the appearance of notable Northern stakeholders in the petroleum industry like Barkindo, Rilwanu lukman etc. There is so much politics than meets the ordinary eye in all of these. There are several rumors and counter rumours that some Northern leaders who are perennial beneficiaries of the corruption in the oil sector can't wait to see the back of Dieziani. While others claim that under her watch, we have witnessed high level of oil theft and corruption. Whichever side one chooses to believe, the truth is that there's need for us to divest govt of substantial control of management of our oil resources. That is the essence of deregulation and it begins with the removal of subsidy. If there's no subsidy, there won't be any mismanagement that will warrant a probe and the illegal figures being bandied around as subsidy claims. We won't need to wake up to the sad details of how the 888 billion earmarked for subsidy funds for 2012 fiscal year has been exhausted by June. We will be saved from this drama where people will grandstand about their credibility in the afternoon and go back at night to do worse. Some how i am being tempted to arrive at the irresistible conclusion that the same cabal are behind our woes. They re the ones who sponsor protests against subsidy removal. They re still the ones who instigate probes and appear before them.They re the ones who still influence the outcome with their bribes. They re the ones who will compromise you and still embarrass you in the public. They are the ones who will still frustrate the diligent prosecution of the compromised who govt decides to take to court. so the whole scenario leaves us with a vicious circle. This is not to say that the cabal is invincible and cannot be dealth with. In all fairness to the present govt, they had the boldness to deal with them by withdrawing subsidy in January. But they fought back and returned through our ignorance. Now we may have to grapple with the harsh reality of continuous corruption in the name of subsidy regime.
Re: Final Subsidy Report: Download by Mandelaguy(m): 3:22pm On Jul 10, 2012
ubandire: I have read thru the report and must admit that it is as revealing as it is mind boggling. I commend the House of Reps for instituting a probe into our subsidy regime. A lot of corruption and inefficiencies abound in the system. There is need for an overhaul and this brings me to the thinking once again that we may have gotten it wrong by opposing the withdrawal of subsidy in January. We may have gooffed. Increasinly, it's becoming obvious that the more we try to make pretences that we can eliminate corruption overnight, the more we are consumed by corruption. I therefore subscribe to the argument that the easiest way to fight corruption is to remove the source of corruption from the public sector and hand it over to the private sector. If there's anything which reinforces the need for this approach, it is the recent $600,000 bribery scandal involving the chairman of the subsidy probe himself. Suddenly, the hunter has become the hunted. Those who went to eliminate corruption in the corrupt ridden subsidy regime have found themselves nurturing the very evil they set out to eliminate. I am not trying to preempt the guilt of Farouk lawan (more so when the relevant anti graft agencies are yet to establish a prima facile case of corruption against him) but the recent scandal,even if [i][/i][font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font]it's halftruth, remains a clear indication that the management of subsidy will indeed be a major challenge in NIgeria. This brings me to one of the planks upon which the withdrawal of subsidy was rested. I recall vividly that during the subsidy debate, the cbn governor lamido sanusi argued that the best way to eliminate corruption in the oil sectot is to stop subsidy itself. I didn't agree with him then. I held the view that govt must take certain stringent measures to expose those behind the corruption in the oil sector but recent events have forced me into a rethink. Let's face facts. The corruption in the oil sector is complex, endemic, scientific, technical, and has a corporate existence in NNPC. Even if u sack and replace all the present players in the industry(which is practically impossible) the new set of NIgerians will still abuse the system to their advantage. I have listened to several calls for the president to enforce the probe panel report. Much as I admit that this govt must be aggressive in its fight against corruption, but that is not a solution to the problem. Let's assume that GEJ heeded the calls from some society groups that Deziani Madueke should be sacked on account of the Farouk lawan report without a proper review as the Miinister of Justice advocated. Wouldn't it have been an error of judgement by the president given the fresh scandals rocking the probe panel itself? As it stands now, the subsidy probe report is already tainted either rightly or wrongly. Farouk has a lot of questions to answer in order to restore credibility to his report. We must know why he decided to visit otedola inspite of a general committment by committee members not to visit any one involved in the probe. We must also need to know why it took him so long(almost 4 months) to tell us that he was just playing along. We must also like to know why he failed to compel the appearance of notable Northern stakeholders in the petroleum industry like Barkindo, Rilwanu lukman etc. There is so much politics than meets the ordinary eye in all of these. There are several rumors and counter rumours that some Northern leaders who are perennial beneficiaries of the corruption in the oil sector can't wait to see the back of Dieziani. While others claim that under her watch, we have witnessed high level of oil theft and corruption. Whichever side one chooses to believe, the truth is that there's need for us to divest govt of substantial control of management of our oil resources. That is the essence of deregulation and it begins with the removal of subsidy. If there's no subsidy, there won't be any mismanagement that will warrant a probe and the illegal figures being bandied around as subsidy claims. We won't need to wake up to the sad details of how the 888 billion earmarked for subsidy funds for 2012 fiscal year has been exhausted by June. We will be saved from this drama where people will grandstand about their credibility in the afternoon and go back at night to do worse. Some how i am being tempted to arrive at the irresistible conclusion that the same cabal are behind our woes. They re the ones who sponsor protests against subsidy removal. They re still the ones who instigate probes and appear before them.They re the ones who still influence the outcome with their bribes. They re the ones who will compromise you and still embarrass you in the public. They are the ones who will still frustrate the diligent prosecution of the compromised who govt decides to take to court. so the whole scenario leaves us with a vicious circle. This is not to say that the cabal is invincible and cannot be dealth with. In all fairness to the present govt, they had the boldness to deal with them by withdrawing subsidy in January. But they fought back and returned through our ignorance. Now we may have to grapple with the harsh reality of continuous corruption in the name of subsidy regime.
We would have been satisfied with this report,but recent events made us all to realise the enormousity of what we were asking for. This report is granted and inconclusive and has paved way for the recent eye opener that more money was stolen than was actually accounted for by Farouk led probe committee. We are waiting for the final report which will corroborate and indict. It must be implemented because the govt has told us they will.
Re: Final Subsidy Report: Download by CeeK1(m): 5:55pm On Jul 13, 2012
Stealing is Bad

1 Like

Re: Final Subsidy Report: Download by TeekayAkin: 9:39pm On Jul 13, 2012
The Land of the Wise ruled by Fools and Idiots! Part 1

Sometimes around last year someone called Nigeria - A land of fools ruled by idiots. majority of the so ncalled Nigerians came out attacking, defending, fighting, went ballistic, they simply didn't like being referred to as fools notwithstanding that reality confirms this.

They went off on a tangent and lost the message and rather catered to their egos and sentiments.

Well, many have accused me of being to blunt, harsh direct, truthful etc with words. So this time around I'll cater to your sentiments, hence - Nigeria: The land of the wise ruled by fools and idiots.

I remember growing up in a christian family where we prayed for Nigeria and as well in churches. It was also on the prayer points, some even organised vigils, prayer sessions and still do till date.

We pray for our ''nation'', ''leaders''. We ask the bible and koran gods we were given to guide them, grant them knowledge and wisdom to rule well and make the nation better.

And this was even the case right from the days of the military rulers, coups at intervals, brutal rulership, high level of corruption etc BUT rather than rise and depose these tyrannies, we, the WISE prayed for them, called on the gods to remove them when it didn't seem like the plea for guidance and wisdom to rule was going anywhere.
And when a brutal leadership stepped aside it was a miracle, the drums were rolled out, the heavens and angels and vuigins (for those that have these in their heavens) rejoiced, danced and recorded a victory for their god - I wouldn't even go into which god claimed the victoty or probably it was a Joint Task Force between the gods, I'll let them fight it out.

Then the military fools were aside and a civilian came into office, right in front of the Wise of my land. Well, the gods removed a fool for an . It wasn't long though before the fools were favoured by the gods and the hardwork of the wise.

We, the wise did so much to restor this fool back into power, we weren't just fond of idiots, years of being ruled by fools had made us used to them in our highest of wisdoms, hence the return of our darling fool was very welcomed and a blessing!

That went on and wodn in history as one of the worst repressive regimes BUT still we the wise had it all figured out, we were just too wise to listen to anyone, learn and un-learn, we had it all figured out, we had all the answers, we were the custodians of wisdom!

We demonstrated those great attributes again, and when the fool in power died, it was our gods, the drums filled the streets, dancing and screams of joy, the wise patted themselves on the back, their wisdom had done it again!Some even attribute this to their gods, well I'm sure the heavens must have been glad, traffic stopped right there in heaven as Nigeria was on the mind of the gods again. Which of the gods? I'll refer you to my earlier take on this.

At this point we had it all mapped out with another fool, the one we would later praise for installing another colonial institution- DemocraZy - the best thing to ever happen since sliced bread.

We, the wise had this all worked out - all these years of chaos and problems, oppression and poverty, democraZy was the answer, that was the missing piece of the puzzle! And we ran to get us a fool to make that happen.

The stage was now set, another opportunity for we, the wise to flamboyantly display our rare gift of wisdom, and we ran, ran as fast as we could to get us our fool that we would convert into an . Our love for fools, eh?It was a spectacle to behold, a miracle, a time to relax, dough in the oven awaiting the bread. Bread that would never come, till the doughgot rotten... but shhhh!!

Then ever since that fool turned brought in his gangs and other idiots lying in the cut and woodwork all came out, filling up the leadership positions over we, the wise.

We just couldn't get enough of our darling idiots.

And twelve years ater the ''almighty formula'' called democraZy given to us by our slave/colonial masters was applied, everything has got worse, even worse than when the fools ruled. The regime of a fool that was once called the most brutal and corrupt now looked like it was run by saints and angels - the reason why the gods favoured them? Who knows!

by Teekay Akin (Akin Adeseye)

14/05/12

Continued in Part 2.

https://www.facebook.com/note.php?note_id=375497822487515

(1) (2) (Reply)

President Buhari Signs 2019 Budget Of N8.91trillion / GEJ To Sue House Of Reps Over Summon / FEC Approves $200m Loan For Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.