Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,667 members, 7,823,886 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 05:27 PM

Weight Loss/gain For Ladies Trying To Conceive - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Weight Loss/gain For Ladies Trying To Conceive (198075 Views)

Pregnant After Trying To Conceive (ttc)?pls Come In To Chat/share With Others!! / Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC / How To Conceive A Baby Boy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (83) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Weight Loss/gain For Ladies Trying To Conceive by ochukoeja(f): 5:53pm On Apr 22, 2012
tunnytox:

We're in the same boat love cheesy in fact with the way I look I can conveniently take away 10 years out of my age and no one will ever raise any eyebrows. grin grin
I console myself that when I'm fifty I will look 30. But abeg Its getting tiresome, I need people to take me serious. I need weight gainin tips fast
Re: Weight Loss/gain For Ladies Trying To Conceive by Nobody: 6:20pm On Apr 22, 2012
Sorry guys but if you look at the thread title it says weight loss/gain for women trying to concieve
The thread is a bit sensitive oo.Lanky tall guys are hot,i don't know why you'd want to put on weight except you have the mosquito legs and spiky hairs on it..
Just eat only chocolates,lots of carbs and live a sedentary lifestyle,the weight will pile on..If it fails well, lepa toh bad.
Re: Weight Loss/gain For Ladies Trying To Conceive by ochukoeja(f): 6:24pm On Apr 22, 2012
" The thread is a bit sensitive oo.Lanky tall guys are hot,i don't know why you'd want to put on weight except you have the mosquito legs and spiky hairs on it.".
Uhm but I'm a girl and yu gotta admit, curvy girls are more IT
Re: Weight Loss/gain For Ladies Trying To Conceive by Nobody: 6:30pm On Apr 22, 2012
God bless the initiator of dis thread.
Here is ma stat.
Height 5.6
Weight 75kg
Age-27+
Am also ttc for 2yrs now .tried checkin ma bmi online but dnt quite understand d process.
Pls can anyone help calculate ma bmi and hw much I need to weight.My target weight is 65kg.
Can we also get a strick diet/excercise regime.
Can u at least get a bb group 4 dis forum pleeeeeeaseeeeeee!
Aint easy browsing to drop or read a comment,wen we can chat on d go on our bbs
Re: Weight Loss/gain For Ladies Trying To Conceive by Nobody: 6:34pm On Apr 22, 2012
believer,
your bmi is 26 point 7 - overweight,normal is 18 point 5- 24 point 9
if you want to check it,google bmi or body mass index,it will give you many websites where you can go and log in your stats.
Re: Weight Loss/gain For Ladies Trying To Conceive by Nobody: 6:44pm On Apr 22, 2012
Thanks Seanbell. Please any idea,how much kg I need to loose? Is loosing 10kg good enuf?
Re: Weight Loss/gain For Ladies Trying To Conceive by Nobody: 6:47pm On Apr 22, 2012
ochuko,
sorry dear,i thought you were male.I am very curvy(the b o o b s and b u m thing) but if i could take a knife and slice them away,i would.Clothes never fit properly,i have to go a size above my actual shirt size so that the buttons close,then for pants,the waist will be big but the bum area tight cos i have to get a bigger size.
I wish we could swap but if you insist well,you can feed on chocolates and carbs every hour.
Sorry ooooo...

believer,10kg would be more than enough to get you into the normal weight range.For your height you should weigh between
115 - 154 pounds. ie 52 - almost 70 kgs.

1 Like

Re: Weight Loss/gain For Ladies Trying To Conceive by nefertitiram: 6:52pm On Apr 22, 2012
ochuko eja: I'm kinda ashamed to say this cos this sounds like a weight loss forum. But I'm 22 years and 5ft plus but I weigh 50kg after meal n fully clothed. Dis has made me look so yung people don't believe I'm a graduate and they don't take me serious at my work place either. I eat, though not swallow but any other food. Rice, cake, bread, icecream, matter of fact I'm a junk addict but still no weight. How do I add weight? P.S becos of dis I don't meet serious guys as everyone sees me as a baby.

Sweetheart, I will suggest you don't even try to put on weight, because the weight will pile on as the years go by. Wear make up to make you look older, wear lighter colors and high heels. 50kg is an okay weight, and you will not have any problems getting pregant when the time comes. Even - with my 6'1 frame and 100+ kg weight, without make up, people think I am younger than I really am . Also act maturedly, all these combined, no one should look downn oN you anymore

2 Likes

Re: Weight Loss/gain For Ladies Trying To Conceive by Nobody: 6:57pm On Apr 22, 2012
nefertitiram,
Metformin is very good for weight loss but im sure your efforts were a huge addition.
I will start the protein thing tomo
I am already cooking a batch of beans with a tin of sweet corn and sardine- ope its not prohibited??

Also,soaking beans for the moi-moi,i intend to put smoked fish and eggs in it to make it palatable.Please no one should say its wrong eeee...
Re: Weight Loss/gain For Ladies Trying To Conceive by ebony13: 7:10pm On Apr 22, 2012
@ Seanbell....lwkmd!!! ure jst too funny....
Re: Weight Loss/gain For Ladies Trying To Conceive by Nobody: 7:14pm On Apr 22, 2012
ochuko eja: I'm kinda ashamed to say this cos this sounds like a weight loss forum. But I'm 22 years and 5ft plus but I weigh 50kg after meal n fully clothed. Dis has made me look so yung people don't believe I'm a graduate and they don't take me serious at my work place either. I eat, though not swallow but any other food. Rice, cake, bread, icecream, matter of fact I'm a junk addict but still no weight. How do I add weight? P.S becos of dis I don't meet serious guys as everyone sees me as a baby.

Takes you seriously. Work on that, habit and not weight.
Re: Weight Loss/gain For Ladies Trying To Conceive by ochukoeja(f): 7:17pm On Apr 22, 2012
@seanbell I always slimfit ALL my clothes coupled with d fact I'm tall its hard getting trousers my length. and @nerfetiti thanks but even with make up I look like a kid playing dress up. But. I guess I'll jus manage n hope d coming years will be better.
Re: Weight Loss/gain For Ladies Trying To Conceive by ochukoeja(f): 7:19pm On Apr 22, 2012
ferdiii:

Takes you seriously. Work on that, habit and not weight.

I'm working on that now. More boning, less smiles n play.
Re: Weight Loss/gain For Ladies Trying To Conceive by nefertitiram: 7:20pm On Apr 22, 2012
SeanBell: nefertitiram,
Metformin is very good for weight loss but im sure your efforts were a huge addition.
I will start the protein thing tomo
I am already cooking a batch of beans with a tin of sweet corn and sardine- ope its not prohibited??

Also,soaking beans for the moi-moi,i intend to put smoked fish and eggs in it to make it palatable.Please no one should say its wrong eeee...

You go girl, you can never have too much protein! But after 2 days you may start to feel very tired and drowsy, but don't relent. Then you can have 1 cheat day in a week to have just a little carb meal. Little being the watch word! Good luck!
Re: Weight Loss/gain For Ladies Trying To Conceive by Hebrewwoman1: 7:47pm On Apr 22, 2012
@Rocksqueen your absolutely right. I lose weight only when i travel and away 4rm home cos my Dh is not into all these diet plans, you have to feed him correct food. I dont balme him tho, he has no problem with food cos he's very active. Right now am not home but when i get back i'l try and not eat evrythng i serve him.

Smeone mentioned almost evry food having oil in it but my mum makes her soup without oil, cos really palm oil just gives the soup colour and not taste persay. She uses red bell peppers(in ibo its calld tatashe) to give her soup color. And quite frankly it works and is an amazing way to drastically reduce your oil intake.

@Seanbell, another thing about losing weight is not just the quantity of food your eating each day but how ur spreading it out throughout the day. Portion control is about playing small games with you head. Its not about breakfast, lunch and dinner, its about eating thruout the day but very little. I lose more weight when i eat about 6 times a day. 6 times may sound a lot but if you eat healthy you should be fine.
The first thing i learnt from my personal trainer was to eat with smaller sized plates. Cos when you dish food into a big sized plate, you tend to put more cos the plate wil still be looking empty if you put small food. But if your plate is small, before you know it, the plate is almost full. But remember you must not always clear your plate. I remember growing up my mum always made us finish the food in our plate cos she hated wasting food...lol

Then before you dish the food, divide the plate with your eyes in half, one half hould be filled with friuts and vegetables (more veggies than fruits) and the other half with carbs and protein.
The reason i do not recommend cutting out carbs totally from your diet is cos the body needs carbs,it provides the body with the energy it needs for physical activity and for proper organ function. The only thing to know is that some carbohydrates are better than others.
For example, brown rice if far better than white rice(personally i cant eat brown rice), wheat pasta is better than white pasta. Whole grains are very good too. i try to eat whole grains evry morning. You can get whole grains from cereal (will be indicated on the box), whole wheat bread, i cant remember if oatmeal has whole grains or not (you can look it up) but i knw it has a lot of fiber and is very good for breakfast.

Another way to cut out carbs is to eat you fruits as opposed to drinking it. An orange has 2 times as much fiber and half as much sugar as a 12 ounce glass of orange juice.

The reason why losing weight is so hard is because healthy food does not taste good. If brown rice could taste like white rice, or if wheat bread can taste like white bread.
There is smethng addictive about sugar and oil...thats why we are all here...Lol.

1 Like

Re: Weight Loss/gain For Ladies Trying To Conceive by agiboma(f): 7:57pm On Apr 22, 2012
great thread i actually want to loose 20 pounds i already lost 50 pounds. although we are just ntnp right now but i still would not mind loosing the weight to get back down to my pre pregancy size,
Re: Weight Loss/gain For Ladies Trying To Conceive by nefertitiram: 8:13pm On Apr 22, 2012
Hebrew woman:
@Rocksqueen your absolutely right. I lose weight only when i travel and away 4rm home cos my Dh is not into all these diet plans, you have to feed him correct food. I dont balme him tho, he has no problem with food cos he's very active. Right now am not home but when i get back i'l try and not eat evrythng i serve him.

Smeone mentioned almost evry food having oil in it but my mum makes her soup without oil, cos really palm oil just gives the soup colour and not taste persay. She uses red bell peppers(in ibo its calld tatashe) to give her soup color. And quite frankly it works and is an amazing way to drastically reduce your oil intake.

@Seanbell, another thing about losing weight is not just the quantity of food your eating each day but how ur spreading it out throughout the day. Portion control is about playing small games with you head. Its not about breakfast, lunch and dinner, its about eating thruout the day but very little. I lose more weight when i eat about 6 times a day. 6 times may sound a lot but if you eat healthy you should be fine.
The first thing i learnt from my personal trainer was to eat with smaller sized plates. Cos when you dish food into a big sized plate, you tend to put more cos the plate wil still be looking empty if you put small food. But if your plate is small, before you know it, the plate is almost full. But remember you must not always clear your plate. I remember growing up my mum always made us finish the food in our plate cos she hated wasting food...lol

Then before you dish the food, divide the plate with your eyes in half, one half hould be filled with friuts and vegetables (more veggies than fruits) and the other half with carbs and protein.
The reason i do not recommend cutting out carbs totally from your diet is cos the body needs carbs,it provides the body with the energy it needs for physical activity and for proper organ function. The only thing to know is that some carbohydrates are better than others.
For example, brown rice if far better than white rice(personally i cant eat brown rice), wheat pasta is better than white pasta. Whole grains are very good too. i try to eat whole grains evry morning. You can get whole grains from cereal (will be indicated on the box), whole wheat bread, i cant remember if oatmeal has whole grains or not (you can look it up) but i knw it has a lot of fiber and is very good for breakfast.

Another way to cut out carbs is to eat you fruits as opposed to drinking it. An orange has 2 times as much fiber and half as much sugar as a 12 ounce glass of orange juice.

The reason why losing weight is so hard is because healthy food does not taste good. If brown rice could taste like white rice, or if wheat bread can taste like white bread.
There is smethng addictive about sugar and oil...thats why we are all here...Lol.

No wonder I have been feeling so tired. But I am trying to reduce elevated insulin levels chracteristic of PCOS. The less carbs I eat, the less insulin I produce. With time, it will get normal. So for m, carbs seem to be my enemy.
Online forums say my liver will convert the fat in my body to energy, so I can live without further energy from carbs.
Beans has a measure of carbs, so I console myself with tht but it doesn't feel the same way as the quick fix energy from Coke!☹ or a plate of eba and egusi soup!
Re: Weight Loss/gain For Ladies Trying To Conceive by Nobody: 8:48pm On Apr 22, 2012
Thanks hebrewwoman and nefretiti
Points noted.
I'm already sweating when i remember the task at hand tomorrow..

ebony,hehehehehehehe.werrin man go do?

ochuko dear,being grown up and taken seriously isn't just about looks,boost your confidence and beef up your appearance as much as you can..you are even tall ontop,kaii!! do you know what you havee?I am a mere 5 feet 5 inches but i no dey shake(except in certain circumstances like if snake confront me,omo na run be that)..I always have at the back of my mind that the worst a person can tell me is no,so i always go for what i want and I almost always get it.CONFIDENCE makes me feel taller,in your case it will make you feel fatter.
Curve or no curves,tell yourself you are hot!If pants are too short for you fold the edges a bit and you will have cropped pants or even the peg leg pants then strut ya stuff.Everything is style as long as you carry it with confidence.
If my waist too thick arrange am with a bold belt to give it a thinner appearance.If thigh and belle too thick,find spanx,if b o o b dey fall pack with wonderbra,if bum flat,there's bum pad,if boobs small push up bras or use socks hehehehehe.There is a cure for everything these days menn.
Re: Weight Loss/gain For Ladies Trying To Conceive by Nnelucky: 8:50pm On Apr 22, 2012
Uhm.. For those of you trying to put on weight i suggest you try the drug periactin, its just an antihistamin but it works wonders in gaining weight. I started it two months ago and i've already gained 10kg. Most importantly eat much, eat late at night, plenty of juice and fatty stuffs. People are still asking what i did to myself. Hope it works for you too.
Re: Weight Loss/gain For Ladies Trying To Conceive by enkay10: 9:35pm On Apr 22, 2012
I envy those of u tryn 2 lose weight. I'm 5ft plus, hav 3 children right now i'm 3mnt pregnant.can u imagine i weigh 50kg.but i normally weigh 55 in my last trimester bt wen i put 2 bed i com bak 2 50. Pls help me wat do i do. ppl dnt tak me serious at all.dey dnt evn blieve i'm married not 2 talk of 3 children. 2 d xtent dat wen dey want 2 ask after my husb.dey say 'where is ur daddy'.pls i need help urgently.esp in dis pregnancy wat do i do 2 gain weight?
Re: Weight Loss/gain For Ladies Trying To Conceive by udoka2: 10:04pm On Apr 22, 2012
Seanbell infact u shd hv become a comedian LMAFgrin Hebrew woman has made a valuable point. We shd aim at WL that's is enduring, something that wl become a lifestyle. There is no point loosing d weights in one week and still gain it back, As we know it wl be hard to totally take out carbs for life, I suggest we aim at portion control,however more of viggies and fruits.
Seanbell u really no like me if iu shd take away swallow. Don't worry I go funkyfy am, plenty veg with small portion of wheatmeal

Less than 8hrs to gOooooooooooooo
Re: Weight Loss/gain For Ladies Trying To Conceive by VENUSS(f): 10:30pm On Apr 22, 2012
hi ladies, my own opinion we must not starve our selves please. me i cant do the all beans routine.some sugestions.
morning meals; whole wheat bread and juice fruit juice, fried vegetable egg and oat,akara and millet or sorhgum pap,breadwith egg and soy milk, or just fruits in the morning.
in know of somebody that take just watermelon or pawpaw in the morning or at night and a healthy not too heavy meal in the afternoon and it worked for her.
afternon meals;wheat flour semo with vegetable soup, or any soup of your choice, baked or boiled potatoes with roasted fish and vegetable salad, rice and vegetables, moi moi,beans, chicken with vegetables. you can try a variety of diffrent vegetables. from spinach, ugo water leaf. saintleaf.pumpkins, gardenegg soups, moringa leafs etc. cos there are alot of veges i dont know there english name but i hav tried dem make i no come miss yan for here . for evening you can drink/eat your soups and kidney, liver, fish. take more fruits; like avocado, watermelons, paw paw or a mixed fruit salad will do.
for snacks or cravings; tigernuts/ tigernuts milk, soy beans cheese with vegees, cashew nuts, popcorn, choacolates -what ? did i hear choacole... yes you heard well.. but do you finds on choacoltes and get back to me.ginger drinks, zobo[purple hibiscus]juice woaw how i love it with alot of ginger in it. take note , not to eat late at night especially when eating heavy meals. and drink aloy of water.
Re: Weight Loss/gain For Ladies Trying To Conceive by argent(f): 11:11pm On Apr 22, 2012
Great thread you have here. Am not ttcing now, but I plan to get married this year n will love to lose some kgs. I presently weigh 100kg and I want to get pregnant immediately am married. So am signing up for the weight loss and will also enter my log here.
Re: Weight Loss/gain For Ladies Trying To Conceive by chioma134: 11:32pm On Apr 22, 2012
weight=106kg
height=1.74m
BMI=35(morbidly obese)
I just saw this post. I'm ready to be part of this team. But d weight makes me lazy. Wonder how I'll be able to prepare moi-moi on a daily basis. Tried severally to lose weight in d past but always dropped out max 1 week. I hope having a support group in this forum will help. Also ttc my 2nd baby,and had been wondering why it's so difficult. God help us all.
Re: Weight Loss/gain For Ladies Trying To Conceive by nefertitiram: 12:22am On Apr 23, 2012
chioma134: weight=106kg
height=1.74m
BMI=35(morbidly obese)
I just saw this post. I'm ready to be part of this team. But d weight makes me lazy. Wonder how I'll be able to prepare moi-moi on a daily basis. Tried severally to lose weight in d past but always dropped out max 1 week. I hope having a support group in this forum will help. Also ttc my 2nd baby,and had been wondering why it's so difficult. God help us all.

Please check out Venuss post up there, her meals ideas are so on point. Welcome aboard, we will all make it tigether
Re: Weight Loss/gain For Ladies Trying To Conceive by Nobody: 1:25am On Apr 23, 2012
Enkay,nnelucky has answered your post very very well.

Chioma134,argent
Welcome..many articles have said to lose weight before ttc.It is never too early smiley

Venus
Thanks for your post,very very nice..Will add some things

udoka,
Blame TTc,all i do is smile nowdays to try to forget all the stress

I have peeled my beans for the moimoi,i have precooked my plain beans too.Carrot and cabbage on stand by.Apples-check,Kiwi-check,fruit juice-check(but it has sugar,is it acceptable?).Will buy grapes,bananas,spinach and avocado.

FOR EXERCISE
dumbells-check
skipping rope-check

I intend to start running next month but don't want to over do so i won't distabilise my cycle..

It's one twenty three am and since i am awake,I OFICIALLY WELCOME US TO THE STRUGGLE- grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Weight Loss/gain For Ladies Trying To Conceive by udoka2: 8:56am On Apr 23, 2012
seanbell you wont kill person... Have a blessed diet day all.

Just to point out something from previous posts.. We should eat to nourish our body for the baby, so endeavour to eat foods for TTC.. for me l am TTC this month so have to be conscious of it. my goal and our goal should be to eat healthy and something that will be a lifestyle even when the desired body weight has been achieved.

I have read that soy milk is not good as well as low fat diary products not good for TTC, cos ur body needs all the nutrients for a healthy baby... I keep saying portion control.. na my problem bi this shaa, l tend to eat like man sometimes.. will be logging in later...
Re: Weight Loss/gain For Ladies Trying To Conceive by mrskem09(f): 9:41am On Apr 23, 2012
@ Nefetitiram Please my sister, i need the menu recipe for the no carb diet, 8kg in one week that will take me weeks to achieve. I also have pcos and really want to loss weight that fast. Target weight lost is 50kg.So help me God. did some yoga exercises last nite and i love it. not a fan to vigorous type. it sure got me sweating really hard.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-tVXfEStevY

1 Like

Re: Weight Loss/gain For Ladies Trying To Conceive by Hebrewwoman1: 9:43am On Apr 23, 2012
Another important tip for trying to lose weight, NO EATING OR DRINKING AFTER 6PM. With the exception of WATER.

And yes, let's make this a lifestyle change, nuttin too drastic that we can't continue in the long run. Its about being consistent, you can't lose weight and then go back to eating unhealthy foods. We need to be realistic.
Re: Weight Loss/gain For Ladies Trying To Conceive by udoka2: 9:54am On Apr 23, 2012
Execrise: Knacksongrin (sorry friends got a temp dip today, as l said am ttc this month so wont be doing any physical exercise by this time of my cycle)
Breakfast: Oath meal with whole milk, no sugar (its white oath, so dont think its really good, will check out for whole grain oath.. so wont be taking it again until l see that of whole grain.
Re: Weight Loss/gain For Ladies Trying To Conceive by Sike(m): 9:55am On Apr 23, 2012
Hmmmm
Re: Weight Loss/gain For Ladies Trying To Conceive by Classique27(f): 10:16am On Apr 23, 2012
My height is 5.2 and weight is 51. I've been trying to add weight for years instead I reduce or maintain d one I have. Any tips for me?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (83) (Reply)

Dream Says Lot About Your Life Knows Yours Interpretation / The Advantages And Disadvantages Of Masturbation / I Need To Put On Weight, Please Help!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.