Stats: 3,153,530 members, 7,819,907 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:17 AM

Weight Loss/gain For Ladies Trying To Conceive - Health (48) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Weight Loss/gain For Ladies Trying To Conceive (197995 Views)

Pregnant After Trying To Conceive (ttc)?pls Come In To Chat/share With Others!! / Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC / How To Conceive A Baby Boy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (45) (46) (47) (48) (49) (50) (51) ... (83) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Weight Loss/gain For Ladies Trying To Conceive by Honiepie24: 7:01pm On Aug 25, 2013
@amy dear u r most welkom,@funmi u r sweeter dan sugar,tnk u for dat beautiful post,hugs.@favouredgal hw r yu getting along?hope jadarees is ok.happi sundae everyone
Re: Weight Loss/gain For Ladies Trying To Conceive by Honiepie24: 7:04pm On Aug 25, 2013
@amy dear u r most welkom,@funmi u r sweeter dan sugar,tnk u for dat beautiful post,hugs.@favouredgal hw r yu getting along dear?has d bump started showing?@twin chick wats 4 sundae?am on ma way to ur house.hope jadarees is ok.happi sundae everyone
Re: Weight Loss/gain For Ladies Trying To Conceive by Honiepie24: 7:40pm On Aug 25, 2013
@funmi whole milk wud hv bn better,but 4 d fact u r watchin weight,pure almond is most preferable.i ve added a link.
http://www.couponersunited.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/almond.png
Yu cn get it @ shoprite.
Re: Weight Loss/gain For Ladies Trying To Conceive by favoredgal: 8:01pm On Aug 25, 2013
@ honey....Lol@ beginning to show! Il be 5 weeks tomorrow...im having on and off cramps and peeing for africa.

Fingers crossed that i'l escape morning sickness
Re: Weight Loss/gain For Ladies Trying To Conceive by Honiepie24: 8:25pm On Aug 25, 2013
Congrat favgal.count down has bgun,u r lucky d mornin sickness isnt buggin u.i hear ppl who experience cramp nd pain durin deir monthly pee dnt hv pain or difficulty @ all durin pregnancy nd delivery.btw,wat type of birt wud yu want?natural delivery or epidural completely painless delivery?
Re: Weight Loss/gain For Ladies Trying To Conceive by SurefunmiOluwa(f): 9:14pm On Aug 25, 2013
Honiepie where can ℓ̊ get this Almond milk in Lagos? Thank ϔσu somuch for always been there
Re: Weight Loss/gain For Ladies Trying To Conceive by Honiepie24: 9:25pm On Aug 25, 2013
@funmi u r alwayz welkom.shoprite shud hv a range of it,from sweetend to unsweetened,and diffrent flavours too.
Re: Weight Loss/gain For Ladies Trying To Conceive by favoredgal: 10:14pm On Aug 25, 2013
Epidural o!
Re: Weight Loss/gain For Ladies Trying To Conceive by Honiepie24: 10:17pm On Aug 25, 2013
Hahahahaha i don laff die,so u r also afraid?so are actually goin to go 4 d epidural or is it a wish?
Re: Weight Loss/gain For Ladies Trying To Conceive by MackieB(f): 11:16pm On Aug 25, 2013
@Honiepie...this one no be afraid matter o. I agree with favoredgal, epidural all the way. I remember when I had my daughter, my husband and I agreed that it would be a natural birth, when labour started (Jesus is Lord) I take my eye see my ear. I was I'm terrible pain and didn't go beyond 5cm dilation, i later started screaming for the epidural, and while it was being prepared, i was shouting for them to hurry up, and at a point my baby became distressed and I had to have an emergency CS. Not trying to scare anybody here, cos people have natural births everyday, but it didn't work for me. At the end of the day, it's what works well for the baby.

So sorry for the long post.
Re: Weight Loss/gain For Ladies Trying To Conceive by favoredgal: 11:56pm On Aug 25, 2013
By Gods grace im booking epidural upfront...iv had more than my own share of writhin in pain in addition to stooling and vomitting every month....if labor pain is anything like the menstrual cramps i have i shudder to even think...anyways will cross that bridge when i get there!

@mackieb...how old is your baby?
Re: Weight Loss/gain For Ladies Trying To Conceive by MackieB(f): 12:37am On Aug 26, 2013
@favored gal... My baby is 18months old.
Re: Weight Loss/gain For Ladies Trying To Conceive by MackieB(f): 12:44am On Aug 26, 2013
@favored gal...menstral cramp is child's play compared to labour pain. When I first got to the hospital and told them no epidural, the nurse looked me in the face and said "darling you will not receive any award if you want to go through that pain since there is an easy way out". I wish I listened earlier.
Re: Weight Loss/gain For Ladies Trying To Conceive by twingirls: 12:48am On Aug 26, 2013
Favoredgal, don't allow me post my e-mail i beg, its my full name, its going 2 be real expo.
I can post my  pin or even fone no instead. Tanks as i await direction on way forward from you.you made me ‎=))laffº°°º≈wanº°°º≈condemnº°°º≈myº°°º≈jawº°°º≈ sha, U̶̲̥̅̊ never see labour U̶̲̥̅̊ book epidural! My case was like Mackieb o, i was begging ‎Fø̲̣̣я̅ cs after 19hrs labour at 4cm, 4 my 2nd baby, i was spared d pain. Na Cs sharp! But it doesn't work like dat always, my sis has 30mins labour, anor born ‎Fø̲̣̣я̅ ambulance sef, tot labour pain was jedijedi. See life?

Sure, Honey, Amy a̶̲̥̅̊₪d̶̲̥̅̊ Ĵüڪ† winnie how diet na?

Favoredgal, hope U̶̲̥̅̊ are eating well? Nutritious food o! I trust you sha, eat well now dat ⌣̶·̵̭̌·̵̭̌✽̤̈̊м̤̣̲̣̥̈̇ό̲̣̣̣̥я̲̣̣̥и̲̮̣̥̅̊ɪ̣̝̇и̲̮̣̥̅̊g̲̣̣̣̥✽̤̈̊·̵̭̌·̵̶̭̌⌣ sickness tarry.
Today's log
Bf- brown rice a̶̲̥̅̊₪d̶̲̥̅̊ fish stew
Lunch- unripe plantain flour + bitterleaf soup
Dinner- lots of grapes

Drinks- chilled greentea
Re: Weight Loss/gain For Ladies Trying To Conceive by obeyyourhealth(m): 1:02am On Aug 26, 2013
WAYS TO SHED OFF 10 POUNDS IN A
WEEK.

Weight is an issue that almost everyone
struggles with. Safe for the genetically gifted
members of the population that can eat what
they want and not exercise and yet still stay
in shape, everyone else has to practice
proper care to maintain a relatively desired
shape of their body. The vain nature of
people has probably been the main cause for
why so many people are so caught up in what
the scale says. In a society that greatly
values the attractive qualities of people,
being out of shape can make one an object of
ridicule and disinterest.

As unpleasant a reality as it is that superficial
qualities are improperly valued, such is the
case. It is almost an inevitable aspect of
society. The value people put on their weight
of course goes beyond just the superficial
fare. It is also a measure of great health to
be in the proper range of weight for one's
body type. Being in shape not only makes
one more attractive but it also enables them
to be more active and to partake in many
more endeavors. That is the gift of self-
discipline but not many have the patience for
it.

A week is a short time to accomplish
anything of real significance. Seven days are
after all not long at all, especially in this new
fast paced world. How is one then expected
to accomplish something significant such as
to lose ten pounds in such a brief period of
time. The key then lies in the two most
effective ways of losing weight no matter how
long a period of time allotted.

Those are of course to exercise and to
maintain a proper diet. Unless one plans
on spending an entire week in the gym, it
seems to be too short of a time period for
one to exercise and still expect a severe dent
in their weight figure. Exercise can still help
though. It is always wise to spend an amount
of time staying active and moving those
muscles. At the very least exercising can
keep one busy and take their minds off food
which is another key element if one is to lose
10 pounds in a week.
The diet is a key element if one wishes to
drop those ten pounds quickly. The first step
is with breakfast and the food for this time of
day includes 2 eggs without salt. Excluding
the salt prevents water retention. Lunch will
entail the consumption of leaner proteins
such as turkey. Turkey served with some
vegetables can be a filling option for those
looking to drop pounds.
This can also work as a dinner option.

The
essence of the diet is to limit carbohydrates
and consuming lean proteins so that one can
feel full without eating as much. It is also
recommended to avoid sweet foods during
this time and to also drink lots of water.
Losing 10 pounds in a week may seem like a
very daunting proposition, but it is
achievable. The key lies in exercise, a low
carbohydrate diet and the right amount of
discipline to achieve this goal.

For More Information, kindlyvisit.

www.obeyyourhealth..com

Follow us on Twitter: www.twitter.com/
obeyyourhealth

Like us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/
obeyyourhealth

HEALTH IS WEALTH.
Re: Weight Loss/gain For Ladies Trying To Conceive by Honiepie24: 8:14am On Aug 26, 2013
morning sis,hws everyone?my darlyn favouredgal,hope our baby is kickin well?yu all make me laff,twin,mackie nd favoured so yu ladies are eyein my direction,pain is one fin i find extremely difficult to endure.that was y i created a thread on painful nd epidural birth,so as to hear ppls views nd opinion,after effect on both mum nd baby etc.pls join me on that thread,so ppl cud also learn,loads of ppl r scared of d procedures,d xcrutiating pain of natural birth or d after effect of epidural.if anyone has gone tru any of d process pls share wit us on dat thread,hmmm i salute twin chick,u don drop 2! Already,chineke muo!congrats ma lov,share d blessin.off to d shower brb.
Re: Weight Loss/gain For Ladies Trying To Conceive by Moyinoluwa83: 10:23am On Aug 26, 2013
@all goodmorning o. I hope everyone is fine. I missed you but nobody even asked after me. hmmmmm. cry

Its been a while i posted my log but i have been eating well sha, but ehm ehm, i had coke yesterday o, I was at the cinema and couldn't resist coke and pop corn. smiley

@Iyabetajos, how are you? I hope you are fine. Please pop in to say hello.

@favoured girl, 5 weeks already. Don't worry you wont have morning sickness by God's grace. Amin

Today's Log

Breahfast-oats
Re: Weight Loss/gain For Ladies Trying To Conceive by Honiepie24: 10:59am On Aug 26, 2013
@moyin dear,ouch sowie,i kept feelin sumone waz missing.welkom bk sweetheart.am sure yu r tops.cheerz.
Re: Weight Loss/gain For Ladies Trying To Conceive by MackieB(f): 12:13pm On Aug 26, 2013
Good morning all. @Honiepie...I might not be much help on that tread, cos I didnt have the epidural. I was totally knocked out with gas as soon as I got to the operating room cos the baby's heart beat was dangerously low, and with epidural you'll need to wait for sometime for it to start working. I didn't have that time.
Re: Weight Loss/gain For Ladies Trying To Conceive by twingirls: 3:53pm On Aug 26, 2013
Honey, i need to check ϔ☺ΰя̩̥̊ blog, i had epidural twice a̶̲̥̅̊₪d̶̲̥̅̊ dia was no afterpain whatsoever, but  second one was very difficult, but God took control, maybe  wil meet people wt similar exerience dat can shed light

My sis, God don do 2 boys ‎Fø̲̣̣я̅ me o, i pray God favored me with 2 girls, or even one or any sex sef!  Ĵüڪ† love children a̶̲̥̅̊₪d̶̲̥̅̊ dh wldnt hear of adoption.

Moyin, aw darling, i never knew i dint ask of you, must be an oversight, i certainly dint forget U̶̲̥̅̊ dearie.

Iyabejijos! Werin now? I Fø̲̣̣я̅ use pm but i no sabi, i miss you ehnn! How my twins?

Amy, Sure, justwinnie, muma, Mackieb, how dis dieting now? Una don loose anything ‎Fø̲̣̣я̅ scale?
Re: Weight Loss/gain For Ladies Trying To Conceive by justwinnie: 7:41pm On Aug 26, 2013
@favoredgal abeg no just make me laugh..na so u fear reach? ℓ☺ℓ @honeypie I had an elective cs when I had my boy due to his size(4.7kg) so I didn't really experience the labor pains even though I wld ve love to... Bt I dnt think dis epidural stuff is an option here in naija. Its either natural delivery or CS. @mackie nd @twinsgirl re u guys in nig? if yes which hospital advised epidural for u
Re: Weight Loss/gain For Ladies Trying To Conceive by Honiepie24: 9:15pm On Aug 26, 2013
@twin tnx darl,i responded to ur post,wonder y it dint reflect.congrats once again on ur boyz,hmmm u got a ful house already,happi 4 ya.@winnie dats gud.pls peepz wat eva b d birth procedure yu experienced,lets her it,weda cs,natural or epidural.honestly we ve heard loads of fairy tales regardin pregnancy,labour nd post natal xperience,so we need a clear insight from peepz who will genuinely discuss the tips and tricks of conception,labour nd delivery.everyone is welkom,pls join me on d thread,lets get talking.happi to announce i lost 3kgs in 2dayz nd half,based on one serving of greek yougourt,two servings of fat free milk nd and 500calorie meal.got a weightloss blog with a doctor to answer all our weightloss difficulties,i intend to make it as intrestin as possible,offcourse nt without ur support.lov ya all.
Re: Weight Loss/gain For Ladies Trying To Conceive by muma(f): 9:52pm On Aug 26, 2013
M̶̲̥̅γ̲̣̣̥ log
BF; fertility tea wit milk
LU; unripe plantain
Dinner; wheat ǻn̶̲̥̅̊ԃ soup
Fruits; banana and garde egg
Nuts; walnut, boiled gnut
Re: Weight Loss/gain For Ladies Trying To Conceive by MackieB(f): 10:14pm On Aug 26, 2013
@justwinnie...i live in US.
Re: Weight Loss/gain For Ladies Trying To Conceive by prettyLee01: 9:31am On Aug 27, 2013
Hi my name is Lee,am half malaysian nd half american,can I please join this forum?I am ttc in over a year,and has constantly kept adding weight,my gy adviced to lose weight as soon as possible but truely it hasn't being easy at all.am married to a nigerian and we live between london and america and offcourse you know how much africans especially my husband loves kids.am scared I might lose my husband.pls I need your help,am willin to start weightloss diet in order to hav a child.am I welkom?
Re: Weight Loss/gain For Ladies Trying To Conceive by amynimas(f): 11:15am On Aug 27, 2013
@prettylee u ar very welcome feel free with us,start somewhere in loosing ur weight it wiL really help,it has helped many people here in achieving prego,gud luck.@iyabetajos and favouedgal how are u peeps doing hope u ar bouncing in da lord.@twingal how body naw sure its moving well ,my dear thanx for asking of meooo for few days naw I hv been troubled bu ulcer no be small thing ooo even though I eat frequently naw I still watch my weight I was able to lose 2kg.ulcer is stil troubling me keeping me wake at nite.@ all the prego mamas hope u peeps ar doing great.luv u all.
Re: Weight Loss/gain For Ladies Trying To Conceive by amynimas(f): 11:17am On Aug 27, 2013
@ honiepie24 I dey hail ooo ur company is encouraging.
Re: Weight Loss/gain For Ladies Trying To Conceive by Honiepie24: 12:22pm On Aug 27, 2013
Morning sis,hw waz ur night?@prettulee u r welkom dear,wishin u a short successful stay,@amy tnx darl,apprciate u too.take banana last fin to bed or fist fin in d mornin,drink plain milk also to soothe d walls of ur intestine and dnt eat garri.sowie dear.pls can we schedule a short prayer 4 our missin preggos iyabeta,favoredgal and muma whom d devil is trin to tk her joy,today @ 4pm(nigerian time)it wont b late to pray 4 dem wen eva incase u miss out in todays prayers,lov yu all,may God hear your prayers as we remember dem specially today.@ jadarees wats up wit u,plz show up.abi na belle full mata?wink.
Re: Weight Loss/gain For Ladies Trying To Conceive by amynimas(f): 1:26pm On Aug 27, 2013
@honiepie ok dear thanks for d idea but waitooo is plain milk ok for ttc.Great idea u hv here yes the prayer and time is ok.God will surprise u for this idea cos for sure when we pray for others we also receive our own blessings@ all pls let all participate in the prayer 4pm dats d time.God bless u all.
Re: Weight Loss/gain For Ladies Trying To Conceive by MackieB(f): 1:54pm On Aug 27, 2013
You are welcome prettylee.
Re: Weight Loss/gain For Ladies Trying To Conceive by Nobody: 2:50pm On Aug 27, 2013
From begining of this thread no weight again person. Pls my own is weight gain.

Any sister in the house with me?

Or anyone with foods for adding weight n also ttc friendly can help. I don't like my look.

I don't mind if all the shokosunas here give me the little fat they wana shed. Lol.
Re: Weight Loss/gain For Ladies Trying To Conceive by MackieB(f): 3:38pm On Aug 27, 2013
See life o. Am trying to loose, and prettyrosefave is trying to add. It is well, I really wish I could transfer some of my fat to you. It is well dear, wish you the very best.

(1) (2) (3) ... (45) (46) (47) (48) (49) (50) (51) ... (83) (Reply)

Dream Says Lot About Your Life Knows Yours Interpretation / The Advantages And Disadvantages Of Masturbation / I Need To Put On Weight, Please Help!