Stats: 3,153,280 members, 7,818,941 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:42 AM

Weight Loss/gain For Ladies Trying To Conceive - Health (79) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Weight Loss/gain For Ladies Trying To Conceive (197940 Views)

Pregnant After Trying To Conceive (ttc)?pls Come In To Chat/share With Others!! / Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC / How To Conceive A Baby Boy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (76) (77) (78) (79) (80) (81) (82) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Weight Loss/gain For Ladies Trying To Conceive by Zheemub(f): 12:02pm On Sep 17, 2016
Glad to be here.
But am breastfeeding, can I start weight loss programme.?
Am weighing 98kg at d moment and will like to loose about 25kg.
Re: Weight Loss/gain For Ladies Trying To Conceive by Fvine: 1:04pm On Sep 18, 2016
ozycy:
Am here too. I ve been mis eating anyhow somedays courtesy hubby.
Am loosing weight shaa. Just my tummy. The tummy have refused to go inside permanently. Even after using tommy belt and achieving flat tommy, the moment I rove it and after some days, the tummy becomes big again even dou not as big as before.
What do I do about this stubborn tummy fat. I just love flat tummy.
Please which one is tummy belt? Is it the electric type that vibrates? If that's it, didn't know that thing works oh! Abeg make I go bring my own out from Wardrobe dust am grin Bought it years ago when it was the rave, used it somehow somehow, felt it wasn't working and just dumped it. Please confirm. I need flat tummy like kilode. I've lost enough weight but my tummy still dey show himself. Lol
Re: Weight Loss/gain For Ladies Trying To Conceive by Fvine: 1:07pm On Sep 18, 2016
Zheemub:
Glad to be here.
But am breastfeeding, can I start weight loss programme.?
Am weighing 98kg at d moment and will like to loose about 25kg.
Yes you can but nothing drastic so that your baby gets full nutrition. My suggestion will be healthy eating, lots of water and Aerobic exercises like walking, jogging, dancing and other whole body movements. Also do portion control while eating healthy. Try to eliminate refined sugar from all you eat. With these, you'll definitely record some good changes. Take care of you, baby, hubby and your family.
Re: Weight Loss/gain For Ladies Trying To Conceive by Fvine: 1:18pm On Sep 18, 2016
An update on my journey:
Height: 5ft 7in
At my heaviest last year 2015 I weighed : 94kg
At my lightest in Feb 2016, 1 month after Open Myomectomy: 77kg
Went up to : 86kg as at August due to not so healthy eating and Fertility drugs
Today 18th Sept 2016: 78.5kg and a Size 12/10. The journey continues.
1st Goal Weight: 77kg or Size 10 whichever that comes first.
Next Goal Weight: 75kg or Size 10 whichever that comes first
3rd Goal Weight : 70kg or Size 10 whichever that comes first.
Final & Main Goal : UK Size 10 which is US Size 6 and a Size S.

Body measurements are a more ideal way of checking compared to weight/scale which is why am more focused on Dress Size than weight. I got into a GAP Jean Size 10A which is the only Size 10 cloth I have currently but don't know if na UK size 10 or US Size 10 be dat. Was supposed to go buy UK Size 10 Jean yesterday as a form of measurement but life happened. Hopefully next weekend and I fit into it perfectly.

The Ministry is Moving! Keep Walking Slow and Steady and you'll definitely reach your destination. I must be Healthy and Sexy! Gbam!
Re: Weight Loss/gain For Ladies Trying To Conceive by ozycy: 11:40pm On Sep 18, 2016
Fvine:

Please which one is tummy belt? Is it the electric type that vibrates? If that's it, didn't know that thing works oh! Abeg make I go bring my own out from Wardrobe dust am grin Bought it years ago when it was the rave, used it somehow somehow, felt it wasn't working and just dumped it. Please confirm. I need flat tummy like kilode. I've lost enough weight but my tummy still dey show himself. Lol
Hahhhha, just normal post partum belt.
Re: Weight Loss/gain For Ladies Trying To Conceive by ozycy: 11:52pm On Sep 18, 2016
I can comfortably wear my size 6, 8 dresses. Dunno if na UK Abi US. These dresses became almost impossible to zip up but now I fit into them perfectly except for my protruding belle.

Today's food

Morning pop corn. Longer longer
4pm: small rice plus salad
Night: small rice plus salad.
Re: Weight Loss/gain For Ladies Trying To Conceive by Fvine: 11:30am On Sep 19, 2016
ozycy:
Hahhhha, just normal post partum belt.
ok. thanks for responding
Re: Weight Loss/gain For Ladies Trying To Conceive by Fvine: 11:32am On Sep 19, 2016
ozycy:
I can comfortably wear my size 6, 8 dresses. Dunno if na UK Abi US. These dresses became almost impossible to zip up but now I fit into them perfectly except for my protruding belle.

Today's food

Morning pop corn. Longer longer
4pm: small rice plus salad
Night: small rice plus salad.
Wow! Welldone. I throw way salute for you. So what's your goal? and what's your height?
Re: Weight Loss/gain For Ladies Trying To Conceive by ozycy: 11:42am On Sep 19, 2016
Fvine:

Wow! Welldone. I throw way salute for you. So what's your goal? and what's your height?

I think am finally reaching my target except for my semi protruding belle even though it have reduce a bit compared to b4 (will strict sit-up work for it ? I dey fear to do sit-up, no such strength but I believe if I start atall, I will so so be used to it and loving it)

And I will like to loose a little fat from my arm. Christian mother hand tins lol. It's even better than before but will want to loose just a little fat there.

I really don't want to loose more fat on my thigh/ laps cos am cool with the size now, make I no come slim the one wey be say Jean trouser no go fit me again.

I haven't checked weight cos my scale is bad but I guess I should be weighing 72 or less now wink
Re: Weight Loss/gain For Ladies Trying To Conceive by fruitfulvine: 10:12am On Sep 21, 2016
Hi all, I have been mia, busy busy and too tired to post and because I was not posting, I cheated too much, I don repent o. posting keeps one in check

Fvine, ozcy, kingsmama and everyone, let's do this,we can

Yesterday's meal

Breakfast: Lemon water/green tea/two slices of Bread

Lunch: Moi moi /fish

Dinner: Fish and lots of vegetable soup

Re: Weight Loss/gain For Ladies Trying To Conceive by fruitfulvine: 10:25am On Sep 21, 2016
Fvine:
An update on my journey:
Height: 5ft 7in
At my heaviest last year 2015 I weighed : 94kg
At my lightest in Feb 2016, 1 month after Open Myomectomy: 77kg
Went up to : 86kg as at August due to not so healthy eating and Fertility drugs
Today 18th Sept 2016: 78.5kg and a Size 12/10. The journey continues.
1st Goal Weight: 77kg or Size 10 whichever that comes first.
Next Goal Weight: 75kg or Size 10 whichever that comes first
3rd Goal Weight : 70kg or Size 10 whichever that comes first.
Final & Main Goal : UK Size 10 which is US Size 6 and a Size S.
Body measurements are a more ideal way of checking compared to weight/scale which is why am more focused on Dress Size than weight. I got into a GAP Jean Size 10A which is the only Size 10 cloth I have currently but don't know if na UK size 10 or US Size 10 be dat. Was supposed to go buy UK Size 10 Jean yesterday as a form of measurement but life happened. Hopefully next weekend and I fit into it perfectly.
The Ministry is Moving! Keep Walking Slow and Steady and you'll definitely reach your destination. I must be Healthy and Sexy! Gbam!

Hi, this has really encouraged me to keep pushing, thanks for sharing Dear. The ministry is really moving, I must be healthy and sexy too o. I love your spirit, keep it up

Re: Weight Loss/gain For Ladies Trying To Conceive by Zheemub(f): 11:23am On Sep 21, 2016
Fvine:

Yes you can but nothing drastic so that your baby gets full nutrition. My suggestion will be healthy eating, lots of water and Aerobic exercises like walking, jogging, dancing and other whole body movements. Also do portion control while eating healthy. Try to eliminate refined sugar from all you eat. With these, you'll definitely record some good changes. Take care of you, baby, hubby and your family.
Thanks a lot. It's appreciated.

Re: Weight Loss/gain For Ladies Trying To Conceive by Fvine: 3:12pm On Sep 21, 2016
So am done with my Master Cleanse which lasted for 12days before my supporters (Hubby & Training Teamies @ work) turned to detractors and withdrew their support.

I decided to add Exercise to my lifestyle but hold up, its just for 30 days grin, Exercise is just not for me except if its dancing or walking or the unstructured forms of exercise.

So I started this 30day Squat Challenge, 30 Days Abs Challenge, Exercise to Banish love Handles. I also have gone back to my Sweet Sweet Way of Eating / Way of Living which is Zero Carbs (Carnivore). I love being a Carnivore. No weight gain at least and I get to enjoy all the Meat, Fish, Fatty Suya, just wateva, in so far its an animal and edible then why not.

Breakfast - I didn't have breakfast but I sha licked about 20gm of Butter and a few pieces of boiled G.Nuts . The cold butter was calling my name. Thank goodness, its Carnivore approved. But the G.nuts, Noooo. Against the Carnivore Lifestyle but its my weakness.

Lunch: Fried 1/4 Chicken. Planned on 2 Chicken Quarters but I was too full after the 1st and decided to eat the 2nd for Dinner

Dinner: 1/4 Chicken and maybe 3 small pieces of fried Ram Meat.
Re: Weight Loss/gain For Ladies Trying To Conceive by sundayope: 7:30pm On Sep 21, 2016
Al Kenouz is your ultimate solution for home and business protection. Our HSE friendly solutions are designed to guarantee your satisfaction, comfort and protection in all perspectives...
Re: Weight Loss/gain For Ladies Trying To Conceive by ozycy: 11:14pm On Sep 26, 2016
fruitfulvine:
Hi all, I have been mia, busy busy and too tired to post and because I was not posting, I cheated too much, I don repent o. posting keeps one in check

Fvine, ozcy, kingsmama and everyone, let's do this,we can

Yesterday's meal

Breakfast: Lemon water/green tea/two slices of Bread

Lunch: Moi moi /fish

Dinner: Fish and lots of vegetable soup
You are so right. The posting actually makes one to be on track. Nobody wants to give a bad report wink. But when not posting, we just cheat. sad
Wetin I chop today again sef. #thinking#
Morning lipton tea and cabin biscuit
Afternoon boiled yam and tomato stew
Evening long walk
Night: small golden morn with milk.

Fvine does the boiled groundnut aid weight gain? I eat it a lot these days.

Re: Weight Loss/gain For Ladies Trying To Conceive by momoftheyear16: 5:00am On Oct 01, 2016
A beautiful day to you all.

I am glad to discover this thread after I struggled to put on a size 12 gown. I have been in self denial but no more. I need to lose weight.

Currently,
Height - 1.72m
Weight - 76kg
Target weight - 65kg or a size 10
BMI - 25(last I checked)

I'm open to suggestions. I used to be constipated all the time. I would not go for days(14days was my highest record) but since I started taking DIM plus, I go every morning.
I have tried:
Lemon & ginger - But lemon is now very expensive in my area so opted for lemon & ginger tea...Anyway, I didn't lose anything.
ACV - First thing every morning....no change...suffered bloating instead.
Cucumber juice - I now throw up(sorry tmi) at the thought of it.
I think my biggest issue is FOOD. I love to eat everything grin. But since last month, I eat just b/fast and moderate lunch then taste DHs food at night...all before 7pm. I also juice cucumber & dates...taste better. First thing every morning.

Can't wait to start a new plan this month. I must shed 10kg. cheesy
Re: Weight Loss/gain For Ladies Trying To Conceive by jumietop: 8:17am On Oct 01, 2016
Has any one heard about Trucare fertility clinic in VI? I heard they are the best
Re: Weight Loss/gain For Ladies Trying To Conceive by Fvine: 11:50pm On Oct 02, 2016
ozycy:

You are so right. The posting actually makes one to be on track. Nobody wants to give a bad report wink. But when not posting, we just cheat. sad
Wetin I chop today again sef. #thinking#
Morning lipton tea and cabin biscuit
Afternoon boiled yam and tomato stew
Evening long walk
Night: small golden morn with milk.

Fvine does the boiled groundnut aid weight gain? I eat it a lot these days.
No it doesn't. It's healthier than the roasted one. Moderation is key though.

Re: Weight Loss/gain For Ladies Trying To Conceive by Fvine: 11:54pm On Oct 02, 2016
momoftheyear16:
A beautiful day to you all.

I am glad to discover this thread after I struggled to put on a size 12 gown. I have been in self denial but no more. I need to lose weight.

Currently,
Height - 1.72m
Weight - 76kg
Target weight - 65kg or a size 10
BMI - 25(last I checked)

I'm open to suggestions. I used to be constipated all the time. I would not go for days(14days was my highest record) but since I started taking DIM plus, I go every morning.
I have tried:
Lemon & ginger - But lemon is now very expensive in my area so opted for lemon & ginger tea...Anyway, I didn't lose anything.
ACV - First thing every morning....no change...suffered bloating instead.
Cucumber juice - I now throw up(sorry tmi) at the thought of it.
I think my biggest issue is FOOD. I love to eat everything grin. But since last month, I eat just b/fast and moderate lunch then taste DHs food at night...all before 7pm. I also juice cucumber & dates...taste better. First thing every morning.

Can't wait to start a new plan this month. I must shed 10kg. cheesy
Dates + Cucumber = Weight Gain. It's actually a weight gain solution Tested and trusted. At least you know good is your problem so watch watch you eat. Do away with Sugar and refined Carbs. Good luck.
Re: Weight Loss/gain For Ladies Trying To Conceive by Fvine: 11:59pm On Oct 02, 2016
jumietop:
Has any one heard about Trucare fertility clinic in VI? I heard they are the best
No comment. I just dey waka pass.

But please carry this your kwenshion go IVF/IUI thread the same way you posted on the TTC thread. Yes lots of women!en here are TTC but here we focus on weight loss and weight gain and not TTC. Abeg don't come and push me out of Nairaland completely as I don exit the TTC thread to have my sanity with this thread helping me a lot with that. Tankio! Don't Menshion.

Re: Weight Loss/gain For Ladies Trying To Conceive by momoftheyear16: 6:12am On Oct 03, 2016
Thanks for that info. I read it somewhere that it's for weight loss that's why I considered it. Will switch to something else.
Pls, aside watching food intake, what else works so I can begin the routine?

Fvine:

Dates + Cucumber = Weight Gain. It's actually a weight gain solution Tested and trusted. At least you know good is your problem so watch watch you eat. Do away with Sugar and refined Carbs. Good luck.
Re: Weight Loss/gain For Ladies Trying To Conceive by jumietop: 3:43pm On Oct 03, 2016
Fvine:

No comment. I just dey waka pass.

But please carry this your kwenshion go IVF/IUI thread the same way you posted on the TTC thread. Yes lots of women!en here are TTC but here we focus on weight loss and weight gain and not TTC. Abeg don't come and push me out of Nairaland completely as I don exit the TTC thread to have my sanity with this thread helping me a lot with that. Tankio! Don't Menshion.
I heard Trucare is having its IVF promo for now and it's way cheaper than other centers with good results. Know of about 4 people who have gotten pregnant this year through them.
Re: Weight Loss/gain For Ladies Trying To Conceive by momoftheyear16: 8:29pm On Oct 03, 2016
Sorry o...

But you sound like an autobot.

jumietop:

I heard Trucare is having its IVF promo for now and it's way cheaper than other centers with good results. Know of about 4 people who have gotten pregnant this year through them.
Re: Weight Loss/gain For Ladies Trying To Conceive by RocksQueen: 3:37pm On Oct 04, 2016
Hello dearest sisters
Its been a while I logged on...but I have missed you all sorely!

Please may I join you? I was shocked to find that my weight was over 95kg last weekend. Knew I had put on weight but 95kg ke??.... please allow me to join your team my sisters. embarassed
Re: Weight Loss/gain For Ladies Trying To Conceive by RocksQueen: 3:49pm On Oct 04, 2016
I am full of admiration and in awe of the ladies here. Honestly if I can try half of what you are doing I will be my ideal size.

The spirit is willing but the throat is weak! How do I do away with my favourite meals...I have used BFing to deceive myself for so long now....but as I finally climbed the Scales on Saturday, the scales fell off my eyes...so its official.....I am fat! cry

Please even if its to be posting my meals as a motivation to control myself...I dont mind sis.

Re: Weight Loss/gain For Ladies Trying To Conceive by Nobody: 4:28pm On Oct 04, 2016
knock ... knock ...
pls I seek Fvine. kiss
Just came to say hello and check up on you, Sis. Take care
Re: Weight Loss/gain For Ladies Trying To Conceive by Fvine: 5:44am On Oct 09, 2016
Loisemm:
knock ... knock ...
pls I seek Fvine. kiss
Just came to say hello and check up on you, Sis. Take care
Runs in. Ayam here, Ayam here. xoxo my darling Sis. I appreciate your asking after me. I haven't come into Nairaland for a long while now, but am doing great. 1st Oct was my Anniversary and guess what? it was the 1st happy and fun anniversary we're having since we got married. TTC has always been at the centre of the past Anniversaries. Either running tests or having a Drs appointment or just thinking. But because am no longer actively ttc, both of us didn't even remember ttc and just had a blast. I even got breakfast in bed and hubby gave me a bath afterwards, he hasn't given me a bath in a long time and I just felt loved and like a child again without any worries. We prayed and thanked God for his mercies and all he has done for us. Still not actively trying.

May God bless you and everyother Mum and Dad here, Amen. You all are always in my prayers.

Re: Weight Loss/gain For Ladies Trying To Conceive by Fvine: 7:33pm On Oct 10, 2016
RocksQueen:
I am full of admiration and in awe of the ladies here. Honestly if I can try half of what you are doing I will be my ideal size.

The spirit is willing but the throat is weak! How do I do away with my favourite meals...I have used BFing to deceive myself for so long now....but as I finally climbed the Scales on Saturday, the scales fell off my eyes...so its official.....I am fat! cry

Please even if its to be posting my meals as a motivation to control myself...I dont mind sis.
You're welcome back Momma. It's good that you've realised how much weight you've added and the need to shed it. thats the first point in weight loss. Post away and we shall give our 1 cent advice and full support as we all navigate and say no to unnecessary body fat. Kisses to your Bubba.

Re: Weight Loss/gain For Ladies Trying To Conceive by Zheemub(f): 9:46pm On Oct 11, 2016
@Fvine, av been reading about the ketogenic lifestyle. How achievable is it? No carbs at all?
How do I go about it?
Note: still breastfeeding.
Thanks for your Time.

(1) (2) (3) ... (76) (77) (78) (79) (80) (81) (82) (Reply)

Dream Says Lot About Your Life Knows Yours Interpretation / The Advantages And Disadvantages Of Masturbation / I Need To Put On Weight, Please Help!

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73