Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,654 members, 7,865,631 topics. Date: Wednesday, 19 June 2024 at 10:08 PM

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (10017) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 (10755582 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London / Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10014) (10015) (10016) (10017) (10018) (10019) (10020) ... (19436) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by FBS: 11:49am On Sep 30, 2020
Ibime:
Make una pipe low. Chelsea fans too dey jump jump. Una blood too dey hot.

Make 10 games pass first before we cast judgement considering injuries, late signings, lack of preseason and dud goalkeepers, 10 games is the point at which we go know how far.

10 games kwa? Is you joking or what? No one can watch the way we play and be happy. 10 games is a long time in football.
The earlier we can string together a number of wins the better otherwise them boys could be affected mentally. Alonso, Kepa are already in that zone.. Lol..
A win against CP is a must.

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by FBS: 11:50am On Sep 30, 2020
nateevs:

The way he threw Mount like a child
lol. grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 11:50am On Sep 30, 2020
MrColdsweat:

Weak points in defense of the amateur lampard.
Sarri got these same players to play compact possession football. Under sarri, Chelsea has zero problems with build-up.

Sarri got these same players to win a continental cup.

What is lampards approach?

Can you tell me what the team does repeatedly that we can agree to be a part of lampards strategy?

At least when you watch hasenhttl, you see high tempo attacking possession football and tactically aware defenders who almost keep the offside trap perfectly.

When you watch potter of brighton, you see how they keep the ball perfectly to force the opposition out of their positions.

When you watch ancellotti, you see the compact defending with 4-4-2, you see how they waste no time in buildup or bypassing a press. They transit from defense to attack with just 4 passes unlike other team who spend so much time passing the ball out from the back.

Tell me, what do you see the Chelsea team do repeatedly that you can claim to be part of lampard's strategy?

This is incorrect. A lot of personnel problems required change of Lampard pattern from game to game in the 2nd half of last season that made you think he has no pattern. It is actually adapting the style of play to the personnel, not lack of pattern.

Lampard pattern was set in the first half of last season, a high pressing, high attacking team. Abraham's injury forced the tactics to adapt away from high pressing because Giroud cannot fulfill that function. Let Graham Potter be forced to use Glenn Murray and you will see Brighton pattern of play change.

On the attacking front, it is the managers job to get players into scoring positions. Lampard does that and frequently. The chart below shows we had the 2nd highest expected goals last season behind Man City. It is the quality of the finishers that will actualise that XGF into actual goals.

On the defensive front, expected Goals Against (XGA in the chart below) is also very good in comparison. The quality of the Goalkeeper and the defenders will actualise that XGC into low goals conceded. Another personnel problem that confused you is Lampard changed to back three for personnel reasons which disrupted the usual pattern of play. This is because Lampard saw his keeper is useless, his left-full back Alonso is useless defensively, Kante is always injured meaning midfield protection is gone and Rudiger is full of brain farts. That is just a manager trying to reduce risk from personnel problems from game to game to survive the short-term which you interpreted as a lack of pattern. Sarri never had the level of problem with Kepa that Lampard faced. Sarris Kepa and Lampard Kepa are two different players. Also Sarri did not face the same Kante injury problems.

You also say Ancelotti has distinct style of play. Where were you when Ancelotti was having personnel problems last season when Tom Davies and Sigurddson turned his midfield into highway for any team to score 4 goals against them.

Now Ancelotti has solved his personnel problem, you are attributing it to pattern of play. Where was his pattern when his personnel were weak?

Don't confuse personnel issues with lack of pattern.

Lampard will be judged by me when the error players have been replaced in the starting 11. I'm talking Alonso, Kepa, Jorginho, Rudiger, Chris primarily.

Does he get his players in scoring position to have high XG? Yes. Does his defence have low XGA? Yes. That's the managers job done. You are just judging on player errors, for example because 2 players made 3 brain farts against West Brom and Emerson made another brainfart yesterday.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by TalabiAudu: 12:01pm On Sep 30, 2020
Barkley out. cheesy

Alonso, Kepa, Rudiger, RLC, Jorginho nexts

Then Declan Rice in to cement that spot from shakushaku Kovacic

4 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 12:01pm On Sep 30, 2020
Ibime:

This is incorrect. A lot of personnel problems required change of Lampard pattern from game to game in the 2nd half of last season that made you think he has no pattern. It is actually adapting the style of play to the personnel, not lack of pattern.

Lampard pattern was set in the first half of last season, a high pressing, high attacking team. Abraham's injury forced the tactics to adapt away from high pressing because Giroud cannot fulfill that function. Let Graham Potter be forced to use Glenn Murray and you will see Brighton pattern of play change.

On the attacking front, it is the managers job to get players into scoring positions. Lampard does that and frequently. The chart below shows we had the 2nd highest expected goals last season behind Man City. It is the quality of the finishers that will actualise that XGF into actual goals.

On the defensive front, expected Goals Against (XGA in the chart below) is also very good in comparison. The quality of the Goalkeeper and the defenders will actualise that XGC into low goals conceded. Another personnel problem that confused you is Lampard changed to back three for personnel reasons which disrupted the usual pattern of play. This is because Lampard saw his keeper is useless, his left-full back Alonso is useless defensively, Kante is always injured meaning midfield protection is gone and Rudiger is full of brain farts. That is just a manager trying to reduce risk from personnel problems from game to game to survive the short-term which you interpreted as a lack of pattern. Sarri never had the level of problem with Kepa that Lampard faced. Sarris Kepa and Lampard Kepa are two different players. Also Sarri did not face the same Kante injury problems.

You also say Ancelotti has distinct style of play. Where were you when Ancelotti was having personnel problems last season when Tom Davies and Sigurddson turned his midfield into highway for any team to score 4 goals against them.

Now Ancelotti has solved his personnel problem, you are attributing it to pattern of play. Where was his pattern when his personnel were weak?

Lampard will be judged by me when the error players have been replaced in the starting 11. I'm talking Alonso, Kepa, Jorginho, Rudiger primarily.

Does he get his players in scoring position to have high XG? Yes. Does his defence have low XGA? Yes. That's the managers job, not to be judged because 2 players made 3 brain farts against West Brom and Emerson made another brainfart yesterday.
I am no Chelsea fan but stumbled upon your post. Well, good coaches can lose it and that is why even good coaches get sacked sometimes. His analysis of the Chelsea team was for this season but your response was defending the Chelsea of last season. This season is different as obvious to us all and if we judge Lampard by this season's performance so far, he has been terrible. It's not always about the players, the choice of who to play, what position to play, what approach to each match matters alot. So far Lampard has given a bad account of himself on and off the pitch and needs to step up or go for the sake of good football.

7 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by eph12(m): 12:01pm On Sep 30, 2020
Nezzjnr:
Eph12 u don dey support Chelsea?? shocked shocked
weedtaker:
eph12? Confusion in enemies camp cheesy
chidexxy007:

eph12 kwa grin grin
Sniper4real:

eph12 keh?
Omo see confusion cheesy cheesy

I can literally feel the pain he's going through cheesy cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Thecassanova: 12:02pm On Sep 30, 2020
Skimpledawg:
Barkley moves to Villa on loan.

I really hope thecassanova guy would take this well
Only Lampard will loan out a decent squad player that can drive the ball forward & contribute greatly to our attack and keep Kovacic the activity former with pointless dribbles & backpasses.

Our 433 with Kante as lone DM & 2AMs is out of the window. My LampardOut campaign just got more triggered.

7 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by CSTRR: 12:06pm On Sep 30, 2020
Thecassanova:

Only Lampard will loan out a decent squad player that can drive the ball forward & contribute greatly to our attack and keep Kovacic the activity former with pointless dribbles & backpasses.

Our 433 with Kante as lone DM & 2AMs is out of the window. My LampardOut campaign just got more triggered.
Kova is not good enough for the first team.

He is a squad player at best.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 12:21pm On Sep 30, 2020
Truthspoon1:
I am no Chelsea fan but stumbled upon your post. Well, good coaches can lose it and that is why even good coaches get sacked sometimes. His analysis of the Chelsea team was for this season but your response was defending the Chelsea of last season. This season is different as obvious to us all and if we judge Lampard by this season's performance so far, he has been terrible. It's not always about the players, the choice of who to play, what position to play, what approach to each match matters alot. So far Lampard has given a bad account of himself on and off the pitch and needs to step up or go for the sake of good football.

His accusation of lack of pattern is from last season, unless you want to tell me 4 games is enough to draw his conclusion which speaks more of a jump jump personality than any rational analysis.

This season we played Liverpool where you would adjust your pattern to contain them anyway and lost to a red card. We played West Brom where 3 brain farts put us behind but the attacking play the manager has worked on brought us back in the game. The other two games have been OK.

So what exactly are you talking about this season, except to tell us your blood is hot. We have had two weeks preseason and the players brought in to eliminate our error players are really yet to take to the pitch so the old players are still making brainfarts as expected.

3 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Skimpledawg(m): 12:29pm On Sep 30, 2020
Thecassanova:

Lmao. Calm down man cheesy
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by popizaino(m): 12:36pm On Sep 30, 2020
Sulele04:
The penalty defeat yesterday have exposed a lot of trolls and plastic fans.
you guys could not stand by the club,manager or players when we lost so i dont want to see any of you here when we win.
(ennyjay72 popizano hensben eph12 bunch of fair-weather fans)
i don mark una name when we start winning you guys can go masturbate to lampardout for all i care, just avoid here.

grin grin grin

I'm too certain you don't like and support lampard more than I do,so chill. My stand is simple and remains the same and that is play well,play well.I can endure losing as there can be only one winner in football, but what I frown at is not playing well and losing.if we dominate our opponents from start to finish and we end up losing you will never see me calling out lampard even if we relegate.Lampard should make us dominant on the ball with vertical penetrative passes,quick transition of the ball from the defence to attack,and if we end up losing,we will be calling out the players and not the manager.

Before someone would quote me to tell me about time and gelling he should tell me the numbers of years it took Brighton manager to get his team playing well.

4 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueAngel444: 12:57pm On Sep 30, 2020
Skimpledawg:
Barkley moves to Villa on loan.

I really hope thecassanova guy would take this well
I pray he does well and makes England team.

Aaaa, so na RLC go stay. Watching this season in 3D cool
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Lana1(m): 1:00pm On Sep 30, 2020
Shey Mendy come baff for pitch ni? grin grin

13 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueAngel444: 1:02pm On Sep 30, 2020
Ibime:

Lampard will be judged by me when the error players have been replaced in the starting 11. I'm talking Alonso, Kepa, Jorginho, Rudiger, Chris primarily.

Does he get his players in scoring position to have high XG? Yes. Does his defence have low XGA? Yes. That's the managers job done. You are just judging on player errors, for example because 2 players made 3 brain farts against West Brom and Emerson made another brainfart yesterday.
Wow shocked posts like this should be getting like 40likes

But u will be seeing many likes on trash and trolls. Finally no be likes they make post get point.

Worth the read cool

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueAngel444: 1:04pm On Sep 30, 2020
TalabiAudu:
Barkley out. cheesy

Alonso, Kepa, Rudiger, RLC, Jorginho nexts

Then Declan Rice in to cement that spot from shakushaku Kovacic
hmm, should Lampard still be given another player. Anyway shey na £40m dem wan use buy Rice, e dey ok

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueAngel444: 1:07pm On Sep 30, 2020
popizaino:

grin grin grin

I'm too certain you don't like and support lampard more than I do,so chill. My stand is simple and remains the same and that is play well,play well.I can endure losing as there can be only one winner in football, but what I frown at is not playing well and losing.if we dominant our opponents from start to finish and we end up losing you will never see me calling out lampard even if we relegate.Lampard should make us dominant on the ball with vertical penetrative passes,quick transition of the ball from the defence to attack,and if we end up losing we will call not the players .

Before someone would quote me to tell me about time and gelling he should tell me the numbers of years it took Brighton manager to get his team playing well
soooo Chelsea did not play well yesterday undecided?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by eddie7: 1:18pm On Sep 30, 2020
BlueAngel444:
soooo Chelsea did not play well yesterday undecided?
Did they win?

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by ennyjay72(m): 1:24pm On Sep 30, 2020
Lana1:
Shey Mendy come baff for pitch ni? grin grin
whivh kind habit be this grin

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueAngel444: 1:33pm On Sep 30, 2020
RLC will also leave Chelsea soon

Be like Rice is definitely coming to Chelsea
And Lampard wants to move ahead with 4-2-3-1

Kante, Kovacic, Jorginho and Rice
With 2 AMs Havertz and Mount.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueMann: 1:33pm On Sep 30, 2020
Ibime:

Bless you. In summary, let the team be at full strength and let them play together for some time, the manager's ideas will start to show.
I still have some issues with him in terms of selecting personnel - e.g using Abraham against a team that sits deep instead of Giroud who could provide better link up, and using Giroud against a team with a less conservative approach instead of Abraham that can stretch the defence better. I also don't know why Mount completed that game last night.
But all in all, it's too early to be calling for his head. People blood just dey hot.

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueMann: 1:38pm On Sep 30, 2020
Thecassanova:

Not at all. Havertz and Mount, that's always been the plan.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 2:16pm On Sep 30, 2020
Ibime:

XG is the biggest bullshit analytical tool in modern football statistics.....

A person gives a chance to a rating based on a range of things. Different people have different ways of measuring xg. It's not the be all and end all stat, it's subjective and people don't treat it as such....

XG is pointless drivel. The only stat that ever matters in football is the full time score,chikena..

5 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueMann: 2:18pm On Sep 30, 2020
I guess that means RLC stays?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 2:22pm On Sep 30, 2020
If error from players no dey ball,how goal wan come......Reece james wey score bullet from outside the box,na error from defender or midfielder too wey no close am up now....

All goals came as a result of an error from a player not doing his job well....

4 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by weedtaker: 2:37pm On Sep 30, 2020
Which kind epistle ibeme write for there so? grin grin

7 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Melvyn11: 2:38pm On Sep 30, 2020
Hensben come and Carry your fraud from my club please and to Madrid5 I repeat , come end of season if hazard don't produce anything sensible we shall wear one trouser.

9 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Obere4u: 2:39pm On Sep 30, 2020
weedtaker:
Which kind epistle ibeme write for there so? grin grin

Him dey vex dey type....

Lol.... See wetin Mount and Odoi cause
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Thecassanova: 2:43pm On Sep 30, 2020
BlueMann:

Not at all. Havertz and Mount, that's always been the plan.
No depth. We will be playing over 40 games, any injury to either we’re back to square one. Can’t bank on RLC.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Godx: 2:54pm On Sep 30, 2020
Melvyn11:
Hensben come and Carry your fraud from my club please and to Madrid5 I repeat , come end of season if hazard don't produce anything sensible we shall wear one trouser.

This may be the worst transfer in football history considering his fee, expectations and he was in the last year of his contract, cost around 140m and has just 1 goal.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueAngel444: 3:04pm On Sep 30, 2020
BlueMann:
I guess that means RLC stays?
person way dem talk say dey go offer am with Rudiger on top Rice matter grin

Lampard said it will be good for RLC to play regularly and believes he could have a big future in the club. So loan fi dey on the cards for am
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by MorataFC: 3:09pm On Sep 30, 2020
Sulele04:

ordinary carabao cup penalty exit u start to dey shout lampardout. when lampard wins champions league this season i wonder what you will shout.
DUMB TROLL.
if lampard qualify for semi, I will paint this place with money. grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by madrid5: 3:20pm On Sep 30, 2020
Melvyn11:
if you mention my monicker again,na thunder go fire you,I don warn you oh

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (10014) (10015) (10016) (10017) (10018) (10019) (10020) ... (19436) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Ibukzy, Caicedobets(m), PendragonVII, nateevs(m), Ijustwantto and 8 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 96
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.