Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,774 members, 7,831,492 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 07:43 PM

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (10144) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 (10592384 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London / Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10141) (10142) (10143) (10144) (10145) (10146) (10147) ... (19241) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Griffon(m): 10:49am On Oct 18, 2020
madrid5:
Lampard is an inferior manager to ole,what do u guys think?

The table suggests otherwise.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by OJURONGBE1(m): 11:04am On Oct 18, 2020
Elnino4ladies:
Never seen a worst defence all my life. Christensen should be bin forever.

What you people do not realise is Lampard's tactics is exposing our defence line, all in the name of playing attractive football.
Good football should strike a balance between playing high up the pitch and defensively sound to keep opposition team at bay.
His defensive records at Derby and Chelsea have been very woeful.
The way he sets out his team to play is the problem and if he doesn't change that, even VVD and Alison would have problems playing at Chelsea.
Ask yourself, Is this not the same back line the much maligned Sarri used, even played David Luiz in? was Hazard not tongue lashed for not tracking back and help his defenders?

This Havertz na Morata 2.0, I've seen into his future already grin.
I thought he was bought to be an attacking creative force like Hazard, D.Silva and Debruyne instead of rushing into the box like a striker and falling off like a paper?

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Almajirihunter(m): 11:09am On Oct 18, 2020
SyIvalord:
Ofcourse it’s selective criticism. This is one of the ways you know that Man Utd is a bigger club than Chelsea will ever be. Every one wants to talk about United because United news sells papers. If them never talk about United, mouth go dey pain them.

This Yoonited grin

7 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by madrid5: 11:13am On Oct 18, 2020
OJURONGBE1:

What you people do not realise is Lampard's tactics is exposing our defence line, all in the name of playing attractive football.
Good football should strike a balance between playing high up the pitch and defensively sound to keep opposition team at bay.
The way he sets out his team to play is the problem and if he doesn't change that, even VVD and Alison would have problems playing at Chelsea.
Ask yourself, Is this not the same back line the much maligned Sarri used, even played David Luiz in? was Hazard not tongue lashed for not tracking back and help his defenders?

I thought he was bought to be an attacking creative force like Hazard, D.Silva and Debruyne instead of rushing into the box like a striker and falling off like a paper?
nor dey talk like ode,havert score one suppose get 3 assist if mount ,pulisic and werner find their finishing boot,u still dey talk trash

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Almajirihunter(m): 11:15am On Oct 18, 2020
OJURONGBE1:

Havertz falls to often,is there no way he could get more strength...can’t even count the number of times he fell yesterday. He’s supposed to be our KDB and Bruno but he’s not strong which is surprising for a German
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Elnino4ladies: 11:34am On Oct 18, 2020
OJURONGBE1:

Did you watch Chelsea vs crystal palace Did you see how Silva coordinated the defence?? The defence lack leadership.
About Harvetz, you must be clowning. Nothing you said about him describe him.

9 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by popizaino(m): 11:40am On Oct 18, 2020
raumdeuter:

Salah is the highest goal scorer for a single season since epl started and averaged 20 goals a season in the EPL

The same place where Drogba was dropping 5 goals a season

Why is that all this strikers they played elsewhere were found wanting when they asked them to come and prove their numbers at Chelsea?

Even Torres was breaking all sort of records at Liverpool till he came to chelsea and found himself behind the same drogba dropping 5 goals a season .

Who knows if drogba could have been scoring 40 goals in epl alone with liverpool.

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by popizaino(m): 11:43am On Oct 18, 2020
raumdeuter:

At least he made the finals carrying lowly teams to it

If players like Drogba did their part and not slapping Vidic in a final

Maybe if ballack had done his own part by creating a decent chance for drogba and not dragging tackles with makalele he would have been scored and ended the before normal time .

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by popizaino(m): 11:49am On Oct 18, 2020
raumdeuter:

I told you specifically EPL, Drogba was a wasteman. How can a striker be dropping single digits for half of his tenure in the league

Drogba is a disgrace

And I am also telling you for the umpteenth time, that Chelsea under most of the manager's drogba played under was a combactive team that we barely create decent chances of strikers to score.

Yes,drogba was a disgrace disgracing bayern Munich ....

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by popizaino(m): 11:53am On Oct 18, 2020
raumdeuter:

You haven't told us why this Drogba is dropping single digit for half his Chelsea career

Have you told us why salah,Torres,lukaku numbers instantly improved elsewhere but we're poor at Chelsea ?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by popizaino(m): 11:56am On Oct 18, 2020
hensben:
Wrong sub from Lampard yesterday. I mean were leading with a slim margin and few minutes to go, why not bring in Tomori for Kai instead of Tammy.

You are this your hindsight ehnnn.
Dey Talk all this things before game now
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by OJURONGBE1(m): 12:05pm On Oct 18, 2020
Elnino4ladies:

Did you watch Chelsea vs crystal palace Did you see how Silva coordinated the defence?? The defence lack leadership.
About Harvetz, you must be clowning. Nothing you said about him describe him.

Did you watch the match against Westbrom?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by ennyjay72(m): 12:09pm On Oct 18, 2020
OJURONGBE1:

that was his first league match and he even slipped,even maldini can slip
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by OJURONGBE1(m): 12:10pm On Oct 18, 2020
madrid5:
nor dey talk like ode,havert score one suppose get 3 assist if mount ,pulisic and werner find their finishing boot,u still dey talk trash

Bro, you're sick i swear .
Can't you make a point without hurling insults?
I made an observation, which i found worrying for a player so hyped in the German league and rated as one of the generational talent, and all you could come up with is this profanity.
Mofo, you can't even string two sentences together.

3 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Elnino4ladies: 12:12pm On Oct 18, 2020
OJURONGBE1:

He played three matches for Chelsea, but yes, let's judge him with the one he made one mistake.

4 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by OJURONGBE1(m): 12:20pm On Oct 18, 2020
ennyjay72:
that was his first league match and he even slipped,even maldini can slip

True but why was his leadership skills not put to test when we conceded 3goals, which, one of them was is doing.
And another point i wanted to make is Southampton looked more organised as a team with potent attacking options than crystal palace, so forget a washed Thiago Silva.
The match yesterday was a tactical problem which has always been our fault since Lampard took over.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Elnino4ladies: 12:28pm On Oct 18, 2020
Lots of dodgy decisions yesterday.... How is this not a foul??

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by popizaino(m): 12:29pm On Oct 18, 2020
Abeg have they found JAMES NWAFOR ?

The beast who made someone's father to be turning every dead body in the river to see if he could identify his son ? cry cry cry

That beast shouldn't be allowed to escape ooo

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Melvyn11: 12:51pm On Oct 18, 2020
Sorry I just had to share this here. Messi getting exposed as the fraud he is.

Godx:

Not talking about assists. Specifically talking about Messi scoring from open play.

* In 19 la liga matches last season from January to August he only scored an open play goal in 4 matches

*1:0 vs granada
*5:0 vs eibar 4 goals
*4:0 vs mallorca scored in 93rd mins
*5:0 vs alaves. Scored twice last game of the season.

All other goals were penalties and one freekick. In the champions league too he scored only one goal from open play in 3 matches (vs Napoli). 19+3=22matches

When we add the 3 league games this season that means he has scored from open play in only 5 of his last 25games for Barca.

8 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by MorataFC: 1:00pm On Oct 18, 2020
DExponential:

My guy doesn't know when to use his hands or feet. His first attempt was stupid, the second was stupiderrrrr angry
and the third goal was stupidest grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by MorataFC: 1:04pm On Oct 18, 2020
Thecassanova:

Since Atleast 2 years we’ve seen that Zouma Christensen combo is a failed one, especially when you’ve a calamity keeper Kepa. How Lampard always fails to see this beats me. If I start my LampardOut campaign now they’ll say cool down.
Soro Soke joor tongue
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 1:05pm On Oct 18, 2020
Leyqute:

Did you even watch that match?

You laud your players for their ‘big game performance’ but neglect that same criteria when evaluating other players you don’t like. Also, ‘numbers don’t lie’- until a player you oppose scores more goals than your favorite flop.

Picky. Picky. Picky.

You don turn amala so tey everything looks like elubo to you.

O wrong nau!

Ok

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 1:06pm On Oct 18, 2020
airmark:

Maybe? You are not sure grin

Kane is also not convincing top clubs for him to still be at Tottenham. grin

Kane is in a club that made the CL final recently, abeg when Torino don make CL qualifying stage last

5 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 1:08pm On Oct 18, 2020
popizaino:

Why is that all this strikers they played elsewhere were found wanting when they asked them to come and prove their numbers at Chelsea?

Even Torres was breaking all sort of records at Liverpool till he came to chelsea and found himself behind the same drogba dropping 5 goals a season .

Who knows if drogba could have been scoring 40 goals in epl alone with liverpool.

Costa scored when he was there, Drogba was just plain useless. How can a striker be dropping single digit goals for half his time
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 1:09pm On Oct 18, 2020
popizaino:

Maybe if ballack had done his own part by creating a decent chance for drogba and not dragging tackles with makalele he would have been scored and ended the before normal time .

Ballack did his part, he even scored the first penalty but Drogba was nowhere to be found
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Greatihex(m): 1:17pm On Oct 18, 2020
Unlimited22:
Omo but this Mason Mount thing is funny o.

We had a fully fit winger on the bench, and another one on the pitch was played on his wrong side just to accommodate the world's best pressing iron grin
And he effectively rendered that wing useless. No attack was going through there.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by MorataFC: 1:18pm On Oct 18, 2020
airmark:

This is the time we need Cobham Express to deliver our messages to Lampard directly.

Also, i still don't know why Lampard couldn't start Pulisic in his most effective position - LW.

Havertz was damn tired yet he was left on the pitch to drain.

In 2wks time i will decide if i should add 'Out' to Frank's name.
So you want join our club? cheesy
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Griffon(m): 1:27pm On Oct 18, 2020
OJURONGBE1:

I believe his pursuit of Declan Rice shows that he understands the emboldened and was willing to fix it.

The 4-2-3-1, manages to combine the attacking flair of the standard 4-4-2 and the technical midfield strength of the 4-3-3. To strike that balance, he needed a central defensive midfielder (Rice) - one with adequate technical skills and great positional sense, and then a box-to-box midfielder (Kante).

We don't have that pivot. Jorginho is a weak-link in that system and Kovacic isn't a natural central defensive midfielder. So that backline, no matter the Baresi in it, would always be exposed.

Those boys are making too many individual errors because the amount of pressure on them per game is on the high side. They are lacking protection.

I'll ditch this setup for a 4-3-3 if I were Lampard, the only way I'll stick to this setup is if I had Gilmour available for selection. Na only that boy along with Kante perfectly fit Frank's idea honestly.

4 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Unlimited22: 1:29pm On Oct 18, 2020
Elnino4ladies:
Three individuals errors cost us the game yesterday.
Now let's do this.. Fvck Zouma, fvck Kepa and fvck James for that silly foul. And if you are down with them fvck you too!!!!!!
Hakim Ziyech committed that foul.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Unlimited22: 1:31pm On Oct 18, 2020
Griffon:

I believe his pursuit of Declan Rice shows that he understands the emboldened and was willing to fix it.

The 4-2-3-1, manages to combine the attacking flair of the standard 4-4-2 and the technical midfield strength of the 4-3-3. To strike that balance, he needed a central defensive midfielder (Rice) - one with adequate technical skills and great positional sense, and then a box-to-box midfielder (Kante).

We don't have that pivot. Jorginho is a weak-link in that system and Kovacic isn't a natural central defensive midfielder. So that backline, no matter the Baresi in it, would always be exposed.

Those boys are making too many individual errors because the amount of pressure on them per game is on the high side. They are lacking protection.

I'll ditch this setup for a 4-3-3 if I were Lampard, the only way I'll stick to this setup is if I had Gilmour available for selection. Na only that boy along with Kante perfectly fit Frank's idea honestly.
That's why I was baffled when Ampadu was loaned. He has the quality to play in front of the defence. And he has a magnificent passing range.

Anyway Declan Rice, Eduardo Camavinga or Boubacary Soumare might be bought.

And Gilmour will soon be back.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by popizaino(m): 1:41pm On Oct 18, 2020
raumdeuter:

Costa scored when he was there, Drogba was just plain useless. How can a striker be dropping single digit goals for half his time

Costa didn't play in a combactive system that creates less chances for the striker .

Useless drogba useless bayern Munich in front of her fans.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by popizaino(m): 1:44pm On Oct 18, 2020
raumdeuter:

Ballack did his part, he even scored the first penalty but Drogba was nowhere to be found

Others midfielders were creating chances for their strikers to put the game to bed before time but your mcm was busy waiting for penalty shoot out grin

No wonder he retired without any final gold medal in big tournaments .

Useful ballack

(1) (2) (3) ... (10141) (10142) (10143) (10144) (10145) (10146) (10147) ... (19241) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: drisham(m), Shegzdave, dostr4(m) and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.