Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,100 members, 7,867,159 topics. Date: Friday, 21 June 2024 at 11:33 AM

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (10639) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 (10762140 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London / Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10636) (10637) (10638) (10639) (10640) (10641) (10642) ... (19447) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by afrodoc2: 12:20pm On Dec 28, 2020
SyIvalord:
Good day bluus.
I just want to remind you all that Chelsea is shit

Words on marble. cheesy

5 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by dammywapes(m): 12:22pm On Dec 28, 2020
You ready yet? grin

4 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by CapitalCee(m): 12:24pm On Dec 28, 2020
patrickmuf:
I remember when those guys use to spam our thread with pictures of Kai, Werner, Silva, Chilwell, Ziyech and Mendy every day...

How I wish Chelsea were in Arsenal's position sef. Nonsense and new signings...

Dont worry yourself they are still getting there. They wont know what hit them. They have some really tasty fixtures coming up. I dont see them getting more than 5 points in in possible 15. Specially their match versus Fulham will be more harder than what people think.

I use to work close to Craven cottage before its a walking distance from Stanford Bridge so they are rivals and neighbours. It will be tough for Chelsea.

7 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nezzjnr: 12:25pm On Dec 28, 2020
See analysis on Werner cheesy cheesy cheesy

Make una kuku sign Morata to unlock am na

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by popizaino(m): 12:27pm On Dec 28, 2020
FBS:
Re the match, what can I say, even the Leeds vs Burnley match was more interesting. Burnley, of all teams even though lost, moved the ball faster and with purpose compared to the uninspiring, boring, inconsistent and brainless football on display by Lampard and his players. Lampard is the only manager still learning the trade despite having all the required tools. He will need time to get things consistently right.
As of now and 1 on 1, Arteta >> Lampard.
Argue with your keyboard.

The bolded is just my major worry now.lampard and his men needs to sit up.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by User09: 12:32pm On Dec 28, 2020
Chelsea fans, Honest question?

Who do you think is the bigger prospect between Cho and Abraham?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by DExponential(m): 12:40pm On Dec 28, 2020
Almajirihunter:

This cannot be said enough, you know he’s not going to trap the ball and he doesn’t disappoint. The closer Werner is to the goal post the less confident he seems
One option is to play him as a ST and that means Havertz will have to play behind him. With both of them out of form, the other option na bench.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by DExponential(m): 12:44pm On Dec 28, 2020
User09:

grin. Just pray that another club doesn't sign CHO. People just criticize him and forget about the injury he had.

3 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by popizaino(m): 12:46pm On Dec 28, 2020
Amoto94:

Mount is undroppable the work he does is too important though it may not be too pleasing on the eyes but it leaves others the license to operate.
Werner's and Tammy can and should play together because they complement each other well what we to work on is our passing between the lines and quick switch of play. How many through balls did our attackers receive in recent games? Absolute mediocre numbers. Also, Reece James and Chillwell should stop bombing forward at the same time because this will create numerical superiority for our opponents since our midfielders of late have been finding it difficult to track runners and losing possession in dangerous areas.

It's no secret that mount is useless if we keep coming up with this pressing theory to defend him.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by FBS: 12:51pm On Dec 28, 2020
popizaino:

The bolded is just my major worry now.lampard and his men needs to sit up.
That's the main issue here. The team is just so inconsistent from game 1. Time to step up.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by NewDelhi(m): 12:52pm On Dec 28, 2020
User09:

Na question be this? Abraham doesn't have a potential. He doesn't look like that player that can improve. CHO on the other hand has alot of potential in him. CHO is that sorta player that would get snapped up by a smaller club , establish himself there for like 3 years before a big club snaps him up and Chelsea will end up regretting. Just like how KDB left Chelsea and went to werder Bremen and Wolfsburg to make a name for himself.

Abraham on the other hand is that sorta plater that will be shipped to a lower club who will end up getting relegated to the championship. He will spend the rest of his career there with them. Abraham is a very dull striker. He doesn't fit the role of a target man

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by sod09(m): 12:53pm On Dec 28, 2020
afrodoc2:

Na your mama dey cap dust.
Bloody hell grin

3 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Thecassanova: 1:02pm On Dec 28, 2020
DExponential:
Our play is basically cross and nod. I was happy when Lampard said he was going to rest Chilwell and James. We don't create through the middle anymore. Major culprits are Kante, Zouma and our FB's.
Kante's passing range is limited. He doesn't scan well enough, rarely plays line breaking passes or through balls. If you press him, he simply passes the ball to our CB's.
Zouma has similar issues . He slows down our build-up by at least 3-4 secs.
Oga Wetin consign Kante that plays DM with creating chances & through ball from the midfield. We already know Kantes game. The culprits are mainly our attacking midfielders, Mount & Kovacic kai.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by User09: 1:06pm On Dec 28, 2020
DExponential:

grin. Just pray that another club doesn't sign CHO. People just criticize him and forget about the injury he had.

I think so too.

CHO is suffering at the expense of Abraham
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Lana1(m): 1:07pm On Dec 28, 2020
popizaino:
January will determine if i will start a personal campaign against lampard,if he doesn't address our current predicament with quality signings . A manager can only get my suupport if you lose beautifully and not the manner at which we lost yesterday .
This one still wants more signings after 230m spent already. grin grin
I thought Chillwell, Wenemighty and Havenot were the quality signings y'all were waiting for?

7 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Lana1(m): 1:12pm On Dec 28, 2020
afrodoc2:
That Marina Graverobber did Chelshit a bad thing walahi.

She bought a 4-4-2 striker and a 4-2-3-1 no10 for a team that plays 4-3-3.

She wasted over 100m pounds and her fans were hailing her for not wearing pant. Mehd o!
grin grin

5 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Lana1(m): 1:14pm On Dec 28, 2020
DExponential:
Our play is basically cross and nod. I was happy when Lampard said he was going to rest Chilwell and James. We don't create through the middle anymore. Major culprits are Kante, Zouma and our FB's.
Kante's passing range is limited. He doesn't scan well enough, rarely plays line breaking passes or through balls. If you press him, he simply passes the ball to our CB's.
Zouma has similar issues . He slows down our build-up by at least 3-4 secs.
Oshey x-ray machine

4 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by iamJ(m): 1:18pm On Dec 28, 2020
Mount truly doesn't play trough balls, both above or on the ground, his passes are generic

The only thing he does, is to press and ginger forward like someone with purpose then make a simple pass, take corners and free kicks, pose well to look important

This season is gone, they will either beat us or we draw, if we win, it will be luck, any team that knows what they are doing will beat chelsea easily, we are playing like feeder teams, crosses and stupid movements

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 1:25pm On Dec 28, 2020
User09:

Son is a different class of player to Werner. He likes to take on players and dribble; all classic attributes of a winger. Werner doesnt and cannot beat the defense from the wings, So why should Frank keep deploying him to the wings?

How about just trap the ball and pass, then make runs into space like Richarlison and co? Who asked him to dribble? Simple trap and pass, he can't. Oya score one on one with keeper, he can't. If he can't trap, pass or score one-on-one, please remind me why you want him to play striker again? Will he not need to do these things as basic elements of CF play?

Stop making excuses for a player out-of-form. On a normal day when in form, he is even able to dribble decently on the wings sef

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by madrid5: 1:33pm On Dec 28, 2020
User09:

Even when Cho is available.

Lampard's already done it a few times this season
at the beginning of the season this brexit pep was playing duds like mount and havertz over CHO on the flanks

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by madrid5: 1:35pm On Dec 28, 2020
Ibime:

How about just trap the ball and pass, then make runs into space like Richarlison and co? Who asked him to dribble? Simple trap and pass, he can't. Oya score one on one with keeper, he can't. If he can't trap, pass or score one-on-one, please remind me why you want him to play striker again? Will he not need to do these things as basic elements of CF play?

Stop making excuses for a player out-of-form. On a normal day when in form, he is even able to dribble decently on the wings sef
on your last paragraph I think you may be right I remember werner dribbling at the biggining of the season,he dribble with so much energy against Southampton,Brighton and co,he has form so bad e nor fit trap ball,but lampard suppose bench am start Hudson na
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by nihilistjnr: 1:36pm On Dec 28, 2020
FBS:
Hope you all had a good Christmas break. I had a good one, went Jet Skiing. Absolute fun, it was awesome. Now I'm thinking of buying one. cheesy
Any recommendations?

You go Odessa ni?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by User09: 1:58pm On Dec 28, 2020
Ibime:

This I agree with.

Added to a loss of confidence given all those misses.

Missing lots of chances are really common territory with strikers - Aguero, Aubameyang, Salah, Suarez... Not getting the chances are bigger worriers for strikers

Here is my theory though, he gets more chances and more goals - I would even wager more misses playing CF.

The Werner criticism is not justified given he hasnt been setup to succeed - Isnt he supposed to be our long term striker.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by User09: 2:04pm On Dec 28, 2020
madrid5:
at the beginning of the season this brexit pep was playing duds like mount and havertz over CHO on the flanks

Which is why I asked who the bigger prospect is between Abraham and Cho

I've never even heard of a top club who wants Abraham
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by User09: 2:21pm On Dec 28, 2020
iamJ:
Mount truly doesn't play trough balls, both above or on the ground, his passes are generic

The only thing he does, is to press and ginger forward like someone with purpose then make a simple pass, take corners and free kicks, pose well to look important

This season is gone, they will either beat us or we draw, if we win, it will be luck, any team that knows what they are doing will beat chelsea easily, we are playing like feeder teams, crosses and stupid movements

I really dont understand the obsession with this.

I mean, What's the point of pressing if u dont know what to do with the ball when you get it. Yet our midfield is one of the most easily bypassed in the league. Someone tell me what the benefits of these presses really are
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Smellymouth: 2:53pm On Dec 28, 2020
We are here again, Lord we are here again, holy ghost come and take control.

Amennnnn!!!!

6 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 3:01pm On Dec 28, 2020
FBS:
Hope you all had a good Christmas break. I had a good one, went Jet Skiing. Absolute fun, it was awesome. Now I'm thinking of buying one. cheesy
Any recommendations?

Which kain freezing water you dey go jetski inside this winter?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 3:04pm On Dec 28, 2020
User09:

I really dont understand the obsession with this.

I mean, What's the point of pressing if u dont know what to do with the ball when you get it. Yet our midfield is one of the most easily bypassed in the league. Someone tell me what the benefits of these presses really are

Same reason Bernardo Silva used to press like Bobby despite not knowing what to do with it, and Pep always played him. Pressing in an attacking team is fundamental in modern football. The player pressing usually doesn't win the ball but the opponent makes mistake and gives it to his teammate. Good percentage of goals in football come from this.

3 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by User09: 3:34pm On Dec 28, 2020
Ibime:

Same reason Bernardo Silva used to press like Bobby despite not knowing what to do with it, and Pep always played him. Pressing in an attacking team is fundamental in modern football. The player pressing usually doesn't win the ball but the opponent makes mistake and gives it to his teammate. Good percentage of goals in football come from this.

Yeah...

However, Does this apply to our team?

What is the opportunity cost of having a presser in the team

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 3:40pm On Dec 28, 2020
afrodoc2:
That Marina Graverobber did Chelshit a bad thing walahi.

She bought a 4-4-2 striker and a 4-2-3-1 no10 for a team that plays 4-3-3.

She wasted over 100m pounds and her fans were hailing her for not wearing pant. Mehd o!

Maybe if she don wear pahint, things for different now

Next time no be only pahint, she go wear boxers and tight jeans sef

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (10636) (10637) (10638) (10639) (10640) (10641) (10642) ... (19447) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: BlueRayDick, afrodoc2, zeusis(m), Vischy and 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.