Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,321 members, 7,846,435 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 04:15 PM

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (10640) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 (10667672 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London / Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10637) (10638) (10639) (10640) (10641) (10642) (10643) ... (19316) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by swiz123(m): 3:42pm On Dec 28, 2020
User09:

I really dont understand the obsession with this.

I mean, What's the point of pressing if u dont know what to do with the ball when you get it. Yet our midfield is one of the most easily bypassed in the league. Someone tell me what the benefits of these presses really are

This is not true.

when we were in form, opponents could go a 90 minutes without a shot on target. When every player press accordingly, you deny opponents the chance to put together meaningful passes without being dispossessed. That's why Chelsea were so dominant in possession.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by iamJ(m): 3:51pm On Dec 28, 2020
User09:

Yeah...

However, Does this apply to our team?

What is the opportunity cost of having a presser in the team
Bernardo Silva is more productive than mount, that guy is fond of throwing in names to cultivate his stories

How can you compare mount and Bernardo Silva, In every metric mount is a below silva, every, ask him how many goals mounts so called pressure has provided? If anybody has used pressure to force goals, its backley

The positions that mount does the pressing is even funnier, useless places, he just does it so he appears like a hard worker to people

I have looked at that guy properly so many times, I know eye service players when I see them, very useless player but acts like he is useful

No team, none is interested in mount, it's not because chelsea wouldn't sell him, its because he is useless, no coach has ended a game against us and singled out mount as a solid player, none, the guy no even factor when them dey discuss tactics

Mount wouldn't start for Aston villa, imagine even on national level, English national team supporters despise the guy, ex footballers had to come out and ask people to stop hating on him, very useless player

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by afrodoc2: 3:54pm On Dec 28, 2020
Ibime:

Which kain freezing water you dey go jetski inside this winter?

It is summer here.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 3:56pm On Dec 28, 2020
afrodoc2:

It is summer here.

Na you I quote? Or did FBS move to Australia?

4 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by iamJ(m): 3:56pm On Dec 28, 2020
swiz123:

This is not true.

when we were in form, opponents could go a 90 minutes without a shot on target. When every player press accordingly, you deny opponents the chance to put together meaningful passes without being dispossessed. That's why Chelsea were so dominant in possession.
na this kind plan we need to win champions league, we have never been in form oga

Never

Not once since Lampard became coach did I expect a win with confidence

Under even Solari self, some matches you can close your eyes, Lampard try it and you are down by 3

All our victories always felt like luck, we will be leading 1 nil and una go dey panic for here, form indeed

Leeds luck
Sheffield we struggled, ziyech had to perform magic to bail us
Westham, we played nonsense and got lucky

Whenever we meet good teams they beat us, don't you wonder why?

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 3:59pm On Dec 28, 2020
Mason mount 2020-21 stats 14 apps 1 goals 4 assists bernardo silva 2020-21 stats 8 apps 0 goals 0 assists
one is a midfielder one is a wingforward.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 4:21pm On Dec 28, 2020
User09:

Yeah...

However, Does this apply to our team?

What is the opportunity cost of having a presser in the team

What opportunity cost? My friend stop talking like a learner. If you are not pressing in modern football, you are not doing anything.

What's the opportunity cost between a Wijnaldum and a Coutinho?

3 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by OJURONGBE1(m): 4:33pm On Dec 28, 2020
Thecassanova:

Oga Wetin consign Kante that plays DM with creating chances & through ball from the midfield. We already know Kantes game. The culprits are mainly our attacking midfielders, Mount & Kovacic kai.

Hypocrite
Leave Mason Mount alone .
How many goals & assists does the duo of Kovacic & Jorginho have? undecided
Even your fraud Havertz, how many impact has he had on our games?

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by OJURONGBE1(m): 4:37pm On Dec 28, 2020
iamJ:
Bernardo Silva is more productive than mount, that guy is fond of throwing in names to cultivate his stories

How can you compare mount and Bernardo Silva, In every metric mount is a below silva, every, ask him how many goals mounts so called pressure has provided? If anybody has used pressure to force goals, its backley

The positions that mount does the pressing is even funnier, useless places, he just does it so he appears like a hard worker to people

I have looked at that guy properly so many times, I know eye service players when I see them, very useless player but acts like he is useful

No team, none is interested in mount, it's not because chelsea wouldn't sell him, its because he is useless, no coach has ended a game against us and singled out mount as a solid player, none, the guy no even factor when them dey discuss tactics

Mount wouldn't start for Aston villa, imagine even on national level, English national team supporters despise the guy, ex footballers had to come out and ask people to stop hating on him, very useless player

Hater!
Most players would easily adapt & shine in Guardiola's style of play. If Mason Mount were to be in a Man City team, he would be a Superstar.
What else do you want from this lad?
He scores, lay assists, win balls, sometimes start goal bound attack. How many times has he got injured? He's a super fit player.
Let your Kai Havertz do half of what homeboy has done . They're of the same age grade.

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by iamJ(m): 4:55pm On Dec 28, 2020
runtime:
Mason mount 2020-21 stats
14 apps
1 goals
4 assists
bernardo silva 2020-21 stats
8 apps
0 goals
0 assists

so mount is better than Bernardo silva

Only on nairaland
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by User09: 4:56pm On Dec 28, 2020
runtime:
Mason mount 2020-21 stats
14 apps
1 goals
4 assists
bernardo silva 2020-21 stats
8 apps
0 goals
0 assists

All from corner kicks. Put it in context

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by iamJ(m): 5:02pm On Dec 28, 2020
OJURONGBE1:

Hater!
Most players would easily adapt & shine in Guardiola's style of play. If Mason Mount were to be in a Man City team, he would be a Superstar.
What else do you want from this lad?
He scores, lay assists, win balls, sometimes start goal bound attack. How many times has he got injured? He's a super fit player.
Let your Kai Havertz do half of what homeboy has done . They're of the same age grade.
gist

Why is nobody mentioning mounts name as a golden boy or a potential world beater?

When havertz was 19, he was already being hailed as a potential great

Mount was battling for places at derby county, havertz is internationally more recognized than mount

Even on fifa, havertz is 84 mount is 79, e get why, people that watch players know what's up
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by User09: 5:08pm On Dec 28, 2020
Ibime:

What opportunity cost? My friend stop talking like a learner. If you are not pressing in modern football, you are not doing anything.

What's the opportunity cost between a Wijnaldum and a Coutinho?

What we lose as a unit given that we insist on deploying him in the midfield because he's a presser. - Creativity, sticking to one formation,

U still didnt answer the question why our midfield gets easily bypassed
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Almajirihunter(m): 5:08pm On Dec 28, 2020
User09:

Go and take corner kicks out of KDB and Fernandez assists
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by iamJ(m): 5:11pm On Dec 28, 2020
Almajirihunter:

Go and take corner kicks out of KDB and Fernandez assists
your guy has 99% of his assist as corners and kdb has 18%

Stop to they argue anyhow abeg
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 5:11pm On Dec 28, 2020
iamJ:
gist

Why is nobody mentioning mounts name as a golden boy or a potential world beater?

Mount was battling for places at derby county, havertz is internationally more recognized than mount

Even on fifa, havertz is 84 mount is 79, e get why, people that watch players know what's up

Put Mason Mount for transfer and the price will shock you. Na transfer interest make Havertz name dey ring.

https://tribuna.com/en/chelsea/news/2020-06-08-cies-football-observatory-mason-mount-more-expensive-than-lionel-messi-as-chelsea-graduat/

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by iamJ(m): 5:12pm On Dec 28, 2020
Ibime:

Put Mason Mount for transfer and the price will shock you. Na transfer interest make Havertz name dey ring.

https://tribuna.com/en/chelsea/news/2020-06-08-cies-football-observatory-mason-mount-more-expensive-than-lionel-messi-as-chelsea-graduat/
mason mount is more expensive than messi?

Shame no catch you share that link

6 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by User09: 5:13pm On Dec 28, 2020
OJURONGBE1:

Hypocrite
Leave Mason Mount alone .
How many goals & assists does the duo of Kovacic & Jorginho have? undecided
Even your fraud Havertz, how many impact has he had on our games?

Let me put this your stat in proper context .

In 71 games, Mount has only created 3 assists from open play in Chelsea, every other thing you see there is from set pieces

Funny you mention Kovacic and Jorginho - Did you forget that they dont play in advanced areas of the pitch like Mount

7 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Almajirihunter(m): 5:14pm On Dec 28, 2020
iamJ:
gist

What has hafeez done at Chelsea
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 5:14pm On Dec 28, 2020
iamJ:
so mount is better than Bernardo silva

Only on nairaland
Point to my post where i said mount is better than bernardo.
you said bernardo is more productive than mount i brought stats you are now telling me rubbish.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 5:16pm On Dec 28, 2020
iamJ:
mason mount is more expensive than messi?

Shame no catch you share that link

Transfer values are based on age and length of contract. Your response doesn't shock me as you have shown that you are a very shallow thinker. The kind of person that will say Werner should play second striker and also Havertz should also play second striker, all within the same team, meanwhile forgetting hardly any big team plays with second striker and we have better wingers like Pulisic and Ziyech to accomodate over playing a 2 striker formation

5 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 5:17pm On Dec 28, 2020
User09:

This agenda will work for others but not for me. mount has 4 assists whether through corners or not e no concern me.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by MacZrino: 5:18pm On Dec 28, 2020
You get time the answer Jude the Nillionaire, Lmao.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by MacZrino: 5:19pm On Dec 28, 2020
Person wey dey think through anus, Lmao.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by iamJ(m): 5:19pm On Dec 28, 2020
Comments cheesy

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 5:19pm On Dec 28, 2020
User09:

U still didnt answer the question why our midfield gets easily bypassed

Midfield is not getting bypassed on the left side, only on the right side where the lazy Havertz occupies.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by iamJ(m): 5:20pm On Dec 28, 2020
Ibime:

Transfer values are based on age and length of contract. Your response doesn't shock me as you have shown that you are a very shallow thinker. The kind of person that will say Werner should play second striker and also Havertz should also play second striker, all within the same team, meanwhile forgetting hardly any big team plays with second striker and we have better wingers like Pulisic and Ziyech to accomodate over playing a 2 striker formation
so talent doesn't matter?

You aren't very bright, are you?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 5:21pm On Dec 28, 2020
Ibime:

iamj nah troll.
you suppose don know am by now.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by iamJ(m): 5:24pm On Dec 28, 2020
User09:

Let me put this your stat in proper context .

In 71 games, Mount has only created 3 assists from open play in Chelsea, every other thing you see there is from set pieces

Funny you mention Kovacic and Jorginho - Did you forget that they dont play in advanced areas of the pitch like Mount
3 in 71 games for an attacking midfielder, even championship teams wouldn't accept such stats but Chelsea fans are obsessed with getting a terry 2.0 by all means, james, Gilmor and Odoi are ok

Abraham and mount are pathetic, I know that he will start both in a few mintues

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by iamJ(m): 5:25pm On Dec 28, 2020
runtime:

iamj nah troll.
you suppose don know am by now.
my argument doesnt support yours

I'm automatically a troll cheesy

Wisdom grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 5:30pm On Dec 28, 2020
iamJ:
so talent doesn't matter?

You aren't very bright, are you?

Who is the olodo here? I brought that to show you that Mount is highly valued in World football to counter your statements that Mount is a nobody. Na transfer rumours make you put Havertz as great talent. If you put Mount on market, don't be surprised to see the same valuation as Havertz.

You were mocking a report stating that a 20 year old Mount will cost more than a 33 year old Messi who has 6 months left on contract. In your village, who is supposed to hold more value between the two? I'm sure you saw Mbappe there as the most expensive player which is of course due to his age advantage over Messi and co. It does not shock me that your brain is unable to process multivariate information, which is why you want to play two second strikers in Chelsea without thinking of the rest of the team. You should stick to single-dimensional arguments if your brain can't cope with holistic thought. Someone will be debating with you, assuming that everyone has the same level of understanding, not knowing some people are amoebas.

6 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 5:31pm On Dec 28, 2020
iamJ:
my argument doesnt support yours

I'm automatically a troll cheesy

Wisdom grin
Which yeye arguement undecided.
you that before any of our match starts you will post " i hope we lose today"," i want us to lose so that lampard will be sacked".

no you are not a troll you are a pest.
lmfao grin.

(1) (2) (3) ... (10637) (10638) (10639) (10640) (10641) (10642) (10643) ... (19316) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: afrodoc2 and 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.