Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,882 members, 7,817,596 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:14 PM

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (10909) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 (10514201 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London / Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10906) (10907) (10908) (10909) (10910) (10911) (10912) ... (19151) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Exonerate1(m): 7:34am On Feb 08, 2021
Ibime:

If you arrive as a professional with bad shooting, it can only be improved marginally. Most good shooters are known by the time they make their debut.

He was a good shooter at Inter, scored some good goals there. I don't know what Madrid did to him
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by PDPGuy: 7:39am On Feb 08, 2021
Ibime:
@ PDPGuy

Sell some of that Doge?
Na wetin I do. I have pocketed some profit
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by airmark(m): 8:15am On Feb 08, 2021
popizaino:

Busquets has paid his due oga ade abeg.

Just like Boathand. Park well.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by airmark(m): 8:17am On Feb 08, 2021
fredoooooo:

Reason why I said e no get sense , I don't even know why movement come up in the first place .. I don't know may be it's a scissors kick, Taekwando or a Tackle ... one sense no dey his head grin cheesy

I quoted you cos i knew it must be that moment you posted it. But Timbros believed i didn't watch the match because i wasn't highlighting his flaws during the match.

4 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Amoto94(m): 8:55am On Feb 08, 2021
Chelsea are now...

• 1 point behind Liverpool (4th)
• 4 points behind Leicester (3rd)
• 6 points behind Man United (2nd)
Source: LDNFootball

6 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Amoto94(m): 9:17am On Feb 08, 2021
1 - Chelsea have only conceded one goal in their first four Premier League games under Thomas Tuchel – their fewest through a manager’s first four league games in charge since Guus Hiddink in February/March 2009. Resolute.
Source:OptaJoe
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by thorrvik55(m): 9:43am On Feb 08, 2021
raumdeuter:

Thanks for checking. I just took a 2 weeks break

I am back

Welcome back.. Thoughts on "Our" Alison gifting City two free goals?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Amoto94(m): 9:48am On Feb 08, 2021
Rüdiger Appreciation

Rudiger gave away a silly own goal which definitely put the team under pressure but we can't deny the fact that he was great other than that
Passing Accuracy: 93%
Tackle Success: 100%
Ground Duels Won:100%
Aerial Duels Won: 100%
Long Passes Completed: [7/8]
Clearances 3, Blocks 2
Source: Nomifooty
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by thorrvik55(m): 9:53am On Feb 08, 2021
Amoto94:
Rüdiger Appreciation

Rudiger gave away a silly own goal which definitely put the team under pressure but we can't deny the fact that he was great other than that
Clearances 3, Blocks 2

Leave all these tins, we both know Rudiger is not it mehn..
That guy can have a good game and out of no where dash the opponent a free goal cos of his reoccurring brain farts

6 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Amoto94(m): 10:05am On Feb 08, 2021
thorrvik55:

Leave all these tins, we both know Rudiger is not it mehn..
That guy can have a good game and out of no where dash the opponent a free goal cos of his reoccurring brain farts
Should we ignore the numerous positives and dwell on the negative aspect only? Nobody is calling him prime Terry and Vidic but he gives his all which can lead to him committing blunders.

4 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 10:08am On Feb 08, 2021
Amoto94:
Rüdiger Appreciation

Clearances 3, Blocks 2

Na posts like this dey make funny players extend their stay with Chelsea when fans should have chased them out since.

8 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by thorrvik55(m): 10:19am On Feb 08, 2021
Amoto94:

Should we ignore the numerous positives and dwell on the negative aspect only? Nobody is calling him prime Terry and Vidic but he gives his all which can lead to him committing blunders.

Every player has positives.. Even Kepa Arinzebalaga has numerous positives (very good/confident with ball at his feet).. I guess we should have still stuck with him cos of his positives..

My point is if Chelsea are to get back to those glory days of dem Lampard/Terry/Drogba, Rudiger can never get us there cos of his blunders.. We can manage him for now but the Club needs to move on from him if/when the opportunity arises.

How does giving ur all relate to commiting defensive blunders that cost ur team?

4 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BikeMan: 10:24am On Feb 08, 2021
Amoto94:
1 - Chelsea have only conceded one goal in their first four Premier League games under Thomas Tuchel – their fewest through a manager’s first four league games in charge since Guus Hiddink in February/March 2009. Resolute.
Source:OptaJoe
Can’t believe Rudiger did this cry
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by timbros(m): 10:31am On Feb 08, 2021
Greatihex:
I don't understand this argument that you are trying to make. Is it that you have been watching our matches and yet have not observed what I said?

When has teams not been sitting deep against us?
Nawao.

You can't expect counter attacks from a team whose opponents sits deep. That's the area of your op that I highlighted.

We play possession football under TT, not counter attack.

Azpi was able to score from a counter only because Burnley came out during that period of the game. But for the vast majority of the game, they sat back.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Skimpledawgg: 10:32am On Feb 08, 2021
Almajirihunter:
Please can a player be taught how to shoot like Kovacics case
Cc Ibime,Skimpledawgg and the the rest guys.
Basics like shooting comes as a player develops through the playing days upto professional level. If he gets that far without it it'd be a miracle to inculcate it in his skillset.

I sincerely doubt Kova has that shooting 'thingy' in him.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Skimpledawgg: 10:33am On Feb 08, 2021
Thecassanova:

Well I believe it’s a skill that needs to be learnt at early player career with perpetual training.

For instance, a 27yo player like Kovacic can’t significantly improve his final third passes or shoots anymore. I mean what are the chances, after playing for years & not improving his shots under Mancini, Zidane, Sarri & Lampard? Even average players like Barkley has been shooting well since 20.

So sometimes imo, it’s a lost cause
Didn't see this, but you made sense.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by timbros(m): 10:41am On Feb 08, 2021
Amoto94:
Rüdiger Appreciation

Clearances 3, Blocks 2

According to airmark, we should throw all this in the bin because of one mistake.

3 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Emaprince: 10:52am On Feb 08, 2021
Mount slotted home the first goal with a great technique, yet some fools in here said it was laid on a platter of gold.

Was that a tap in? No!!! Just an excellent goal.

3 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Griffon(m): 11:05am On Feb 08, 2021
Emaprince:
Mount slotted home the first goal with a great technique, yet some fools in here said it was laid on a platter of gold.

Was that a tap in? No!!! Just an excellent goal.

You guys should stop giving that BOT room for inane arguments here. We are losing standard analysis on this board with his foolish papers stand comparisons.

6 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BikeMan: 11:21am On Feb 08, 2021
Some of you said we shouldn't hire this guy, we should have kept Frank Lampard. Lol!

6 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Emaprince: 11:33am On Feb 08, 2021
BikeMan:
Some of you said we shouldn't hire this guy, we should have kept Frank Lampard. Lol!

Stop getting ahead of yourself dude.

We should only hope that he takes us far and achieve great things instead trying to spite our legend. Lampard also had his own run of good forms. After all. He finished top 4 with dross and many young players who havent been tested or proven. Thats a very great feet which I doubt some of these coaches can attain.

I just hope your type won't be here to type trash when things goes south, because every coach must have their own taste of poor runs..

15 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by airmark(m): 12:07pm On Feb 08, 2021
timbros:

According to airmark, we should throw all this in the bin because of one mistake.

Mr Limbros, we don't need unreliable defender at Chelsea. Also, a card-happy referee would have given a pk to Sheffield when Rudiger shoved their attacker in the box in the dying minutes.

Thiago Silva should return asap to organise that defence, before Rudiger sends us back into the hot waters.

9 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by airmark(m): 12:12pm On Feb 08, 2021
BikeMan:
Can’t believe Rudiger did this cry

So it was Rudiger that did it? Immediately Thiago Silva couldn't start yesterday's match, what happened to the clean sheet with the Rudiger? lipsrsealed

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by airmark(m): 12:20pm On Feb 08, 2021
Ziyech : “It was a difficult first halfyear. Of course, I immediately started with an injury, came back, then had another injury. So things are not going the way I had hoped,” Ziyech told Ziggo Sport, as per Voetbalzone.

“But, as most know, I always believe in myself. I know what I can do, so I don't worry too much about that. The real Ziyech will be back."
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 12:45pm On Feb 08, 2021
thorrvik55:

Welcome back.. Thoughts on "Our" Alison gifting City two free goals?
Minor when you consider the greatest defender who taught Baresi was at the center of a 7 goal fiasco vs Aston Villa
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Almajirihunter(m): 12:53pm On Feb 08, 2021
timbros:

That mistake alone stains everything
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Leyqute(m): 12:58pm On Feb 08, 2021
Amoto94:
Rüdiger Appreciation

Clearances 3, Blocks 2

You forgot to add his ‘home goal’ cheesy

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibunkun1(m): 1:00pm On Feb 08, 2021
Leyqute:

You forgot to add his ‘home goal’ cheesy

Which one be home goal? grin cheesy
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by airmark(m): 1:10pm On Feb 08, 2021
raumdeuter:

Minor when you consider the greatest defender who taught Baresi was at the center of a 7 goal fiasco vs Aston Villa

Let's confirm this your assertion, using your reliable whoscroed rating.

VVD vs Ason villa

Alisson vs Man city

Bring any match in which VVD played for Liverpool and was given 3.7 by whoscored.

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 1:16pm On Feb 08, 2021
airmark:

Let's confirm this your assertion, using your reliable whoscroed rating.

VVD vs Ason villa

Alisson vs Man city

Bring any match in which VVD played for Liverpool and was given 3.7 by whoscored.

Bring any Liverpool match Allison was involved that they conceded 7 goals

9 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 1:24pm On Feb 08, 2021
swiz123:

I am still looking to see how Diaz pulled Salah back. Or is any contact now equal to a foul. Isn't football a game of body contact?

Later some folks will undermine incredible strikers like drogba and ko because a fluke like Salah has cheap goals.

Anyone who watched enough of Drogba will know he was the king of diving

Even Mourinho who coached and loved Drogba said this

"I am no longer Chelsea coach and I do not have to defend them any more," he told feelfootball.com. "I think it is correct if I say Drogba is a diver."

Salah 4 seasons fluke. In 4 seasons he might better all Drogba 10 seasons at Chelsea

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by airmark(m): 1:26pm On Feb 08, 2021
raumdeuter:

Bring any Liverpool match Allison was involved that they conceded 7 goals

We are talking about performance on the pitch. VVD never did poorly in Liverpool jersey to deserve 3.70 rating from whoscored. That's the fact you can't touch. grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (10906) (10907) (10908) (10909) (10910) (10911) (10912) ... (19151) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Leyqute(m), Khaytunechi, popizaino(m), AirBay, bolu96(m), FBS, StarchAndBanga, A001 and 6 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.