Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,833 members, 7,813,783 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 06:18 PM

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (11065) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 (10466294 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London / Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11062) (11063) (11064) (11065) (11066) (11067) (11068) ... (19129) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by airmark(m): 11:48pm On Mar 14, 2021
nihilistjnr:

Official last egbe in the Nigerian trinity.

I won't lie though, this Grammy be like say dem dey do promo.

I'm a big fan of Burma, but that wasn't a Grammy worthy album abeg....

Same view from my end. I felt his African giant album more than this last one.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by hensben(m): 1:17am On Mar 15, 2021
airmark:

Same view from my end. I felt his African giant album more than this last one.
Aftican giant was more African but TAT is very mature to listen to.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by afrodoc2: 1:18am On Mar 15, 2021
olabode89:

You mean Mahrez that stopped downloading at 30%? LMAO. This life sha, Airmark was comparing Ziyansh to Bruno at the beginning of the season grin

grin
grin
grin
grin
grin grin grin grin

Ziyansh the Poundland Mahrez. That one that will be spamming crosses like a yahoo boy.

14 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by obainojazz(m): 1:49am On Mar 15, 2021
iamoyindamola:
Wizzy and burna wins Grammy
David in the mud grin grin
E ma chokkeee
Best music video for brown skin girl... more credits should go to the director then

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by airmark(m): 3:02am On Mar 15, 2021
olabode89:

You mean Mahrez that stopped downloading at 30%? LMAO. This life sha, Airmark was comparing Ziyansh to Bruno at the beginning of the season grin

Bruno the boxer or Penaldes, that always disappeared against the epl top teams?

Before Ziyech's injury we know how you scummies were all crying for missing out on him.

larride:
I’ll not forgive our useless board for not buying Ziyech from Ajax. angry

afrodoc2:

We missed out on Ziyech because our board is too slow and clueless to sign players early. Woodward prefers to drag out transfer news for months and then sign players late. Hopefully with Amad Traore that will change.

TrebleChamp:
The stupid board only wanted DNA players as recommended by Ole, Ziyech is a gifted player we could have signed for less fee. Make we pray say Dialo will give us something good when he joins...

YourBoss1:

Considering we didn't have a left winger, it's sad we didn't buy him. Like seriously incredible.

28 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueRayDick: 6:53am On Mar 15, 2021
airmark:

Before Ziyech's injury we know how you scummies were all crying for missing out on him.

What manner of vawlence is this? grin

6 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BikeMan: 7:21am On Mar 15, 2021
airmark:

Wow. cheesy

5 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by NextD18: 7:29am On Mar 15, 2021
Skimpledawg:
Happy Sunday guys...

It's my birthday. Celebrate with me cool
Heychi Beedee Bro!

Wullnp
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Emaprince: 7:32am On Mar 15, 2021
airmark:

Legendary digging!!! grin

11 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Segedinho(m): 7:39am On Mar 15, 2021
airmark:

Dis one really choke.

cheesy grin

9 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by NextD18: 7:46am On Mar 15, 2021
airmark:

How do you guys do this ffs? cheesy cheesy grin

Una dey carry people posts for head or just scroll through their posts?

11 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueMann: 8:19am On Mar 15, 2021
airmark:

Aiiiiiiiii...e restrict my airflow grin

4 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by afrodoc2: 8:20am On Mar 15, 2021
Na who chop L? The people who CRIED about missing out on Ziyansh or the people who ARE CRYING about wasting money on Ziyansh?

Those that cried for a day are now laughing at those that are crying daily.

grin
grin
grin
grin
grin
grin grin grin grin grin

27 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Skimpledawg(m): 8:57am On Mar 15, 2021
chic2pimp:

Happy Birthday Uncle.
Lol. Egbon abeg no kill me with laugh grin

Thanks boss.

Thanks everyone for the birthday wishes.
Much appreciated!

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 10:49am On Mar 15, 2021
Burna deserve am jor. That's the only Nigerian contemporary artist I can play his albums back to back, same with Harrysong.

Can't even listen to WizKid song more than once and can only listen to Davido in a party environment

11 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by airmark(m): 11:39am On Mar 15, 2021
BlueRayDick:

What manner of vawlence is this? grin

No peace for those scummies. grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by iamoyindamola(m): 11:51am On Mar 15, 2021
Ibime:
Burma deserve am jor. That's the only Nigerian contemporary artist I can play his albums back to back, same with Harrysong.

Can't even listen to WizKid song more than once and can only listen to Davido in a party environment
Harry what shocked shocked

4 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by nihilistjnr: 12:18pm On Mar 15, 2021
Ibime:
Burma deserve am jor. That's the only Nigerian contemporary artist I can play his albums back to back, same with Harrysong.

That's because Burna is a UK artist. Thats the culture you can relate to, especially as a PH boy

WizKid and Davido make Lagos-specific music. If you buy into Lagos culture, then you will prefer them, especially WizKid, to Burna.

9 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 12:27pm On Mar 15, 2021
nihilistjnr:

That's because Burna is a UK artist. Thats the culture you can relate to, especially as a PH boy

WizKid and Davido make Lagos-specific music. If you buy into Lagos culture, then you will prefer them, especially WizKid, to Burna.

You miss am. Nothing to do with culture.

I'm a lyricist first and foremost.

WizKid and Davido lyrics and rhyming patterns are not beyond the capacity of a primary 2 pupil.

Burna is a superb lyricist, multisyllabic rhymer, and can handle any which way the music goes whether ragga, Afrobeat or Hip-Hop. Burna skill on ragga rap alone is in contention with Damian Marley, he outraps 99% of Jamo artistes even in ragga. WizKid come dey try sing in Jamo accent and can't even get the accent right.

WizKid and Davido are Uber talentless in my eye, na just producers and synthesizers dey package their final product.

9 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by nihilistjnr: 12:39pm On Mar 15, 2021
Ibime:

WizKid and Davido lyrics and rhyming patterns are not beyond the capacity of a primary 2 pupil.

Burna is a superb lyricist, multisyllabic rhymer, and can handle any which way the music goes whether ragga, Afrobeat or Hip-Hop. Burna skill on ragga rap alone is in contention with Damian Marley, he outraps 99% of Jamo artistes even in ragga.

WizKid and Davido are Uber talentless in my eye, na just producers and synthesizers dey package their final product.

Na why I say na Lagos-culture Vs UK culture.

Lagos culture is about flexing a vibe...everybody lives for the weekend, and so the top music is overwhelming tailored towards the club.

Burna's music isn't made for the Nigerian market. His frequent collaborators are Stormzy, Ed Sheeran, etc..so his content is very different.

When Beyonce was looking for a vibe, she called WizKid for a reason. When Drake was writing One Dance he actually invited Burna to feature on the track but then cut his part and kept WizKid.

Lagos culture is the flexing party culture. If you buy into that culture Burna can never be your favourite over Wizzy and Davido. This is a statement of fact - Burna is more popular outside Naija than at home.

Of course Burna is more lyrical...but that's because he's a UK artist going for UK market first.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 12:41pm On Mar 15, 2021
nihilistjnr:

Na why I say na Lagos-culture Vs UK culture.

Lagos culture is about flexing a vibe...everybody lives for the weekend, and so the top music is overwhelming tailored towards the club.

Burna's music isn't made for the Nigerian market. His frequent collaborators are Stormzy, Ed Sheeran, etc..so his content is very different.

When Beyonce was looking for a vibe, she called WizKid for a reason. When Drake was writing One Dance he actually invited Burna to feature on the track but then cut his part and kept WizKid.

Lagos culture is the flexing party culture. If you buy into that culture Burna can never be your favourite over Wizzy and Davido. This is a statement of fact - Burna is more popular outside Naija than at home.

Of course Burna is more lyrical...but that's because he's a UK artist going for UK market first.

You talking current music. Burna has been my favourite since his first album before he branched into UK. His Afrojuju vibe also has nothing to do with UK. I'm not even into UK music at all.

WizKid vibe na just producer vibe. A good producer can take another artist and recreate the same vibe.

3 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by nihilistjnr: 12:51pm On Mar 15, 2021
Ibime:

You talking current music. Burna has been my favourite since his first album before he branched into UK.

WizKid vibe na just producer vibe. A good producer can take another artist and recreate the same vibe.

One other thing I will add is that Burns calls back to an era that you remember.

When liked to party dropped, that was a call back to Shabba Ranks both in style and in the visuals.

In Twice as Tall this guy sampled Hip Hop Hurray and featured naughty by nature. He also did a song about Onyeka Onwenu. Did a song about Michael Jordan.

He's calling back to the late 80s and early to mid 90s to a time that I'm sure YOU remember, but was also long before many of the youth today were even born.

He's channelling Fela. He's using UK slang. He's referencing Shank - Julie. He's speaking Patios.

No doubt his content is far more lyrical than Davido and Wizzy, but naturally he's speaking things that you can relate to.

Oya imagine yourself shout Tule jare or everywhere stew. grin it's not even just street music that Davido and WizKid make...it's Lagos-street. It's Yoruba street. If you're not from Lagos or don't buy into Lagos street culture, you will never accept them...but bro those guys are the polished versions of the streets of Lagos.

17 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 1:01pm On Mar 15, 2021
nihilistjnr:

One other thing I will add is that Burns calls back to an era that you remember.

When liked to party dropped, that was a call back to Shabba Ranks both in style and in the visuals.

In Twice as Tall this guy sampled Hip Hop Hurray and featured naughty by nature. He also did a song about Onyeka Onwenu. Did a song about Michael Jordan.

He's calling back to the late 80s and early to mid 90s to a time that I'm sure YOU remember, but was also long before many of the youth today were even born.

He's channelling Fela. He's using UK slang. He's referencing Shank - Julie. He's speaking Patios.

No doubt his content is far more lyrical than Davido and Wizzy, but naturally he's speaking things that you can relate to.

Oya imagine yourself shout Tule jare or everywhere stew. grin it's not even just street music that Davido and WizKid make...it's Lagos-street. It's Yoruba street. If you're not from Lagos or don't buy into Lagos street culture, you will never accept them...but bro those guys are the polished versions of the streets of Lagos.

You just get am. All his vibe that appeals to me from Jazz to AfroJuju to Ragga to early 90s HipHop and RnB, Burna get high level of proficiency in it.

Davido also channels 90s RnB in spots in his songs which is why I find him more bearable than WizKid.

WizKid na just razz guy wey dey try form but him formings just bring out the razzness in him. He has no cultural depth. Even when he sing in ragga accent, he will be mispronouncing words. Maybe na Shina Peters that one dey channel, e no consign me.

10 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by odizeey(m): 3:07pm On Mar 15, 2021
E don tey.
Salute to the house.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 3:08pm On Mar 15, 2021
Skimpledawg:
Happy Sunday guys...

Happy birthday bros
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Obere4u: 3:22pm On Mar 15, 2021
Skimpledawg:
Happy Sunday guys...

Happy birthday Sir
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Greatihex(m): 3:41pm On Mar 15, 2021
Akiko ndị mgbu!!! Akiko mama Ngozi na ndị yard.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by hensben(m): 4:37pm On Mar 15, 2021
Ibime:

Burna is a superb lyricist, multisyllabic rhymer, and can handle any which way the music goes whether ragga, Afrobeat or Hip-Hop. Burna skill on ragga rap alone is in contention with Damian Marley, he outraps 99% of Jamo artistes even in ragga. WizKid come dey try sing in Jamo accent and can't even get the accent right.

Wizkid tried in this his last album. Davido na strictly Nigeria type of songs, they lack lyrical content. Burna is too good though, his songs are full of content.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Skimpledawg(m): 5:35pm On Mar 15, 2021
raumdeuter:

Happy birthday bros
Thanks egbon

Obere4u:

Happy birthday Sir
Thanks baba

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueMann: 6:12pm On Mar 15, 2021
I don't understand...Hazard got injured again?

So he even came back?

This level no funny again...Which kain issues be this na sad

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueMann: 6:14pm On Mar 15, 2021
iamoyindamola:

Harry what shocked shocked

grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueMann: 6:17pm On Mar 15, 2021
Forget trolling, this is really sad. The physios at RM get some explaining to do, but he has to take the blame for the terrible way he showed up at Real. Guess this is what happens when you don't look after yourself as a pro footballer. cry

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (11062) (11063) (11064) (11065) (11066) (11067) (11068) ... (19129) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: HOMOTOYOSI10, forgiveness, 100smile(m) and 8 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.