Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,576 members, 7,861,737 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 06:15 PM

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (11350) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 (10733692 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London / Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11347) (11348) (11349) (11350) (11351) (11352) (11353) ... (19397) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by airmark(m): 11:37pm On May 12, 2021
donstan18:

Zouma caused everything. He did.

Rewatch that goal and see the mess he created by holding the ball and getting Jorg choked when he had 4 options earlier.

Even pundits like Ian Wright and some few analyzed and confirmed his fvckery. He messed up.

I hope you saw that image i attached. There was nothing wrong in the pass given to him as they have been drilled by Tuchel on how to receive and break from high press in tight spaces. In fact Jorginho wasn't even in a tight space there.

Go and watch the match and see how our defenders passed to Gilmour and Jorginho, in fact all our midfielders in tight spaces and nobody blamed anybody as none didn't result in goal.

The blame is only on Zouma because of Jorginho's error, and i can tell you for free that Tuchel will definitely not blame Zouma.

7 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by airmark(m): 11:41pm On May 12, 2021
Ibime:

lol. Just seen the goal.

Deeplying playmaker without a half-time

That goal is 99% on Jorginho

Even in Naija, you go dey hear 'check your side mirror' before you receive pass so you won't mess up with the ball.

5 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by donstan18: 11:42pm On May 12, 2021
airmark:

I hope you saw that image i attached. There was nothing wrong in the pass given to him as they have been drilled by Tuchel on how to receive and break from high press in tight spaces. In fact Jorginho wasn't even in a tight space there.

Go and watch the match and see how our defenders passed to Gilmour and Jorginho, in fact all our midfielders in tight spaces and nobody blamed anybody as none didn't result in goal.

The blame is only on Zouma because of Jorginho's error, and i can tell you for free that Tuchel will definitely not blame Zouma.
My point exactly. He played a huge part in Jorg’s error when he had opportunities to avoid it.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by fredoooooo: 11:42pm On May 12, 2021
Roland17:

Because of ordinary 1-0 na him u dey high like dis?

I no vex , e no get meaning grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by hensben(m): 11:46pm On May 12, 2021
donstan18:
Werner, Kante, Rudiger and Mount.

These players just dey give me better hope against Leicester.
Mendy too
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by airmark(m): 11:46pm On May 12, 2021
donstan18:

My point exactly. He played a huge part in Jorg’s error when he had opportunities to avoid it.

We are not saying the same thing.

That's how they were trained to play from behind and in such manner, so that when they break with the ball, the opponents would have more players beaten in our half and their defenders in trouble.

You can't tell me that you never shouted 'kick out' while fearing that opponents were about stealing balls from us in tight spaces before today.

3 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by donstan18: 11:47pm On May 12, 2021
hensben:
Mendy too
Yea, I even forgot the main man. cheesy
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by donstan18: 11:49pm On May 12, 2021
airmark:

We are not saying the same thing.

That's how they were trained to play from behind and in such manner, so that when they break with the ball, the opponents would have more players beaten in our half and their defenders in trouble.

You can't tell me that you never shouted 'kick out' while fearing that opponents were about stealing balls from us in tight spaces before today.
In your opinion, Zouma did no wrong wasting time, delaying the game when he had options?

In your opinion, Jorg was the right person to give the ball when he got it?

Omo eh!

4 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 11:50pm On May 12, 2021
donstan18:

We play that pass many times a game. The expectation there is to give it to the keeper if you can't do a half-turn

He fücked up the pass to the keeper partly because he has no confidence in his half-turn. A better midfielders first instinct will be to feint for the half turn and spin out. If he has confidence in doing that, he won't rush to pass to the keeper like the ball is a hot potato and fück his pass up

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by popizaino(m): 11:50pm On May 12, 2021
airmark:

You guys are funny. I had seen Jorginho receiving passes in tighter situations than below and decided well. I was surprised to be seeing you guys blaming Zouma as if even in this match all our defenders didn't make similar passes in tight spaces to break the presses.

Jorginho is the sole carrier of this blame and he knows it.

grin grin grin

I was surprised they were blaming zouma too, I don't know how people take dey watch ball sef. The mumu no look and just went on to pass to the back . Coward of a player. When you have a penchant for passing to the back at any slightest provocation, this is what is bound to happen grin .

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by popizaino(m): 11:54pm On May 12, 2021
Ibime:

lol. Just seen the goal.

Deeplying playmaker without a half-turn

That's even more annoying when people try to name him among world renowned deep playmaker like pirlo,alonso,Carrick etc. This guy suck at the basic ability of deep playmaker. No pressure whatsoever but gave the ball away .

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Botfuss: 11:55pm On May 12, 2021
May the Good Lord perfect what He has started on Saturday. grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by User09: 12:01am On May 13, 2021
User09:
TT says he sensed the rhythm and intensity of some players were missing in training yesterday and blames himself for still starting them.

He Accepts full responsibility for the loss and blames himself for the plenty of changes

After rewatching the TT post match interview and reading some of his other comments. Looks like the main culprit of his blame is Zouma

Make of that what u may
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Greatihex(m): 12:04am On May 13, 2021
How did this clown become a billionaire for goodness sake. This guy is doing everything to discredit crypto and make it look like a joke.

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Neobulletzz(m): 12:05am On May 13, 2021
Ibime:

We play that pass many times a game. The expectation there is to give it to the keeper if you can't do a half-turn

He fücked up the pass to the keeper partly because he has no confidence in his half-turn. A better midfielders first instinct will be to feint for the half turn and spin out. If he has confidence in doing that, he won't rush to pass to the keeper like the ball is a hot potato and fück his pass up
Watch the goal from here, Zouma had options too, he was partly at fault

It could have been avoided

https://twitter.com/cfcpys/status/1392599056103481344?s=21
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by airmark(m): 12:07am On May 13, 2021
popizaino:

grin grin grin

I was surprised they were blaming zouma too, I don't know how people take dey watch ball sef. The mumu no look and just went on to pass to the back . Coward of a player. When you have a penchant for passing to the back at any slightest provocation, this is what is bound to happen grin .

I first thought it was a joke when Dayo quoted some people and tagged me.

3 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Neobulletzz(m): 12:09am On May 13, 2021
airmark:

I first thought it was a joke when Dayo quoted some people and tagged me.

It could have been avoided if Zouma had pass earlier

Watch it from here

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by airmark(m): 12:13am On May 13, 2021
Neobulletzz:

It could have been avoided if Zouma had pass earlier

Watch it from here

Yes just like every other goal scored could have been avoided but i won't blame him for trusting Jorginho with that pass because he showed up for it and not heavily marked when he received it.

4 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by donstan18: 12:13am On May 13, 2021
Ibime:

All these would have been avoided if Zouma had released that ball earlier. He messed up.

He’s the root cause of everything and now I know why TT tossed him aside for Rudiger.

6 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by donstan18: 12:15am On May 13, 2021
Neobulletzz:

Watch the goal from here, Zouma had options too, he was partly at fault

It could have been avoided

Omo e tire me mehn!

How can someone watch that goal and not blame Zouma for being stupid and indecisive.

3 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Greatihex(m): 12:16am On May 13, 2021
Ibime:

I know say you go chop and swallow the guy today.
If your favourite player make that kind mistake now, you no go devour am like this grin grin grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by donstan18: 12:17am On May 13, 2021
The mumu Zouma had a lot of options and time to release the ball, but was busy doing nothing and pointing hands up and down.

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by airmark(m): 12:20am On May 13, 2021
We had seen so many of such passes in tight spaces in past matches and they handled them properly and nobody blamed the passers for putting receivers under pressure.

Only God knows what would have happened to the ball passer if Kante had fumbled this pass against Madrid and it led to a goal. But now, Zouma must be blamed for Jorginho's error.

4 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Greatihex(m): 12:21am On May 13, 2021
donstan18:
Arsenal wan run Chelsea straight 3 wins.

Nke gini kwanu?? cry
nke ndị ji code mmadụ.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Greatihex(m): 12:34am On May 13, 2021
Spy360:
If Chelsea wins the CL, they should hand the trophy to Arsenal if they have any shame. They beat you twice.
See this one wan steal trophy. Follow the process and get to the final and win it. There is no other way to do it, sir

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by airmark(m): 12:44am On May 13, 2021
Ibime:

As if i was the only one seeing such passes in our past matches.

Now i know i am not insane. grin

3 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by SodO9: 6:03am On May 13, 2021
Ibime:

lol. Just seen the goal.

Deeplying playmaker without a half-turn

I don't understand why your guys will still blame zouma or kepa
Jourginho is the sole culprit

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Tochex101(m): 6:09am On May 13, 2021
Still the situation could have been avoided....Zoumas body language is suspect.
You always know what he is about before he releases the ball, with Rudiger your assured of passes through the channel, long balls over the top like his beautiful assist weeks ago, driving runs e.t.c.
I'm very very disappointed.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 6:30am On May 13, 2021
airmark:

You guys are funny. I had seen Jorginho receiving passes in tighter situations than below and decided well. I was surprised to be seeing you guys blaming Zouma as if even in this match all our defenders didn't make similar passes in tight spaces to break the presses.

You are looking at Jorginhos error in isolation.

Last season against Arsenal when Kante slipped and let Martinelli through on goal, I remember watching Lampards post match conference where he implied the goal was scored long before Kante slipped. If Emerson had been better positioned to stop the initial counter attack, Kante would have had no reason to fall.

This was the same scenario yesterday. Yes, Jorginho messed up but if Zouma had simply released the ball early, Jorginho would not be making that pass.

The image you attached reminds me of the one Dayo posted when Benzema scored us in the first leg. grin

You can always find many of those pictures but when you watch the actual game, you realise it does not tell the whole story at all.

4 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Almajirihunter(m): 6:48am On May 13, 2021
All I know is I’ve seen that type of passes a lot of times but never led to a goal, ask yourself if Gilmour or Kovacic was in same position would it lead to a goal, 30 year old spineless player. Zouma did what I see lots of CB’s doing and their respective DM’s handle them

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Almajirihunter(m): 6:51am On May 13, 2021
airmark:

Yes just like every other goal scored could have been avoided but i won't blame him for trusting Jorginho with that pass because he showed up for it and not heavily marked when he received it.

A good halfturn and he’ll slot that ball to Gilmour in the space between Elneny and the other guy. He’s so basic you don’t even expect any brilliance from him.
Who noticed after the goal Gilmour was pushed backwards to that number 4 position

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by timbros(m): 7:14am On May 13, 2021
airmark:

I am surprised all what I read here about Zouma being the cause of that goal. Like, seriously? shocked

Look at the space Jorginho have to make a decision. Kepa opened for Zouma to pass to him but Zouma choosed to pass to Jorginho. So these guys are telling me that a player of Jorginho's calibre shouldn't know Kepa's position when the pass is coming to him? Even when he got the pass, was he that choked not to raise his head to know where to place the pass?

I just dey weak for wetin people dey write here. Jorginho has the blame. No one else.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (11347) (11348) (11349) (11350) (11351) (11352) (11353) ... (19397) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: andrewbaba44, Jamiuokolla, Katcall, a4turitoroman, oliverano, incredible70(m), BlueMann, Debroslink, fredoooooo, Ellexy and 8 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.