Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,600 members, 7,865,452 topics. Date: Wednesday, 19 June 2024 at 06:22 PM

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (11353) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 (10754798 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London / Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11350) (11351) (11352) (11353) (11354) (11355) (11356) ... (19435) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by afrodoc(m): 1:33pm On May 13, 2021
BlueRayDick:

What those blaming zouma are doing is called "kanipe analysis".....More like "kanipe zouma passed the ball quickly or balloon the ball out when he was being pressed, shebi there won't be need for Jorginho to do that back pass na "....

They leave what happened and are busy debating what could've been (or not)

Hehehehe. Kanipe analysis is eerily similar to canopy analysis.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by PDPGuy: 1:52pm On May 13, 2021
It’s official now
UEFA has moved the UCL final to Porto and 6,000 Chelsea fans, from England, can attend the game.

Ibime and co get ready for your trip to cheer up our lads
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by User09: 2:32pm On May 13, 2021
BlueRayDick:

What those blaming zouma are doing is called "kanipe analysis".....More like "kanipe zouma passed the ball quickly or balloon the ball out when he was being pressed, shebi there won't be need for Jorginho to do that back pass na "....

They leave what happened and are busy debating what could've been (or not)

This was the same mistake that Lampard makes which used to irk a lot of us - Well at least me.

Most goals conceded , u can already see it coming from series of bad plays and inactions. He tends to focus on the action that led to the goal while forgetting the sequence and systemic issues. He then goes on to bench the player(s) responsible.

Football is a lot more dynamic than we think, One wrong move can lead to a catastrophe. The importance of coordination organization and transition and combination are taught on the training ground and largely seen on the pitch. The moment u hit a wrong note, u put the whole team on recovery mode

Almost all pundits I listened to, the coach and even us fans have Zouma culpable in that goal (at least to a large degree). It is not a coincidence. We do know what we get with the guy and his lack of on the ball skills which stifles our transitioning between defense and attack. He had the opportunity to play the right pass twice, but did the wrong thing on both occasion

Anyways on the bright side. I hope theyre all motivated to do a number on Leceister

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by macjireh: 2:36pm On May 13, 2021
I think going forward,, TT should instruct d lads never to give passes to d goal keeper unless d player is sure d keeper expects such a pass

3 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Greatihex(m): 2:38pm On May 13, 2021
Ibime:

Oh boy I sold everything as soon as I got that alert. Thankfully I caught it within 10 minutes from Telegram. And this time, I'm not buying the dip because who knows which companies will want to make environmental point now. Let me give it a few days to settle.
That's true. Thanks for the idea. I was planning to add to my hodls. I will wait and see, too.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by swiz123(m): 2:42pm On May 13, 2021
Jodera:
This one even add kepa grin grin

Kikikikiki cheesy grin

Kepa should have gone back to his right side since Zouma didn't pass the ball to him anymore. Jorginho normally wasn't supposed to pass to Kepa's left side. Players pass to their GKs strong foot without looking many times. Zouma and Kepa fuccked Jorginho.

The layman's blame falls on Jorginho. But we ain't laymen here...

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by airmark(m): 2:44pm On May 13, 2021
User09:

Almost all pundits I listened to, the coach and even us fans have Zouma culpable in that goal (at least to a large degree).

Please quote where Tuchel blamed Zouma for being responsible for that goal.

3 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by donstan18: 2:50pm On May 13, 2021
swiz123:

Kepa should have gone back to his right side since Zouma didn't pass the ball to him anymore. Jorginho normally wasn't supposed to pass to Kepa's left side. Players pass to their GKs strong foot without looking many times. Zouma and Kepa fuccked Jorginho.

The layman's blame falls on Jorginho. But we ain't laymen here...
Kepa came out for that Rumola traffic warden called Zouma. He noticed how confused he became and showed for him to release the ball and be free, but he chose to pass to Jorg who got 3 players on him already.

7 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by airmark(m): 2:53pm On May 13, 2021
donstan18:

Kepa came out for that Rumola traffic warden called Zouma. He noticed how confused he became and showed for him to release the ball and be free, but he chose to pass to Jorg who got 3 players on him already.

grin

Why not 4?

4 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by swiz123(m): 2:55pm On May 13, 2021
User09:

This was the same mistake that Lampard makes which used to irk a lot of us - Well at least me.

Most goals conceded , u can already see it coming from series of bad plays and inactions. He tends to focus on the action that led to the goal while forgetting the sequence and systemic issues. He then goes on to bench the player(s) responsible.

Football is a lot more dynamic than we think, One wrong move can lead to a catastrophe. The importance of coordination organization and transition and combination are taught on the training ground and largely seen on the pitch. The moment u hit a wrong note, u put the whole team on recovery mode

Almost all pundits I listened to, the coach and even us fans have Zouma culpable in that goal (at least to a large degree). It is not a coincidence. We do know what we get with the guy and his lack of on the ball skills which stifles our transitioning between defense and attack. He had the opportunity to play the right pass twice, but did the wrong thing on both occasion

Anyways on the bright side. I hope theyre all motivated to do a number on Leceister

All you said is 100% on point. The rookie only had eyes on those who made the final mistake.

Zouma's lack of skill only invites unnecessary pressure on us. Jorginho was telling Zouma to pass Chillwell but for some reason, he decided to pass backwards like he always does.

One day too, James' unnecessary back passes would put another player in trouble.

Sha, thank God we have a better coach now who wouldn't hesitate to throw Zouma and Kepa where they belong.

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by User09: 2:59pm On May 13, 2021
airmark:

If u listened to his extensive interview post match especially the one at 5th stand, U could almost hear it - at least I did.

Of course he wouldnt mention the players name expressly. He even avoided it when asked which player he was talking about by the interviewer and said he would be discussing with the player privately.

P.s - Feel free to disagree with me as I am not in the mood to get into an unnecessary wrangle with u
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by airmark(m): 3:07pm On May 13, 2021
User09:

[s]If u listened to his extensive interview post match especially the one at 5th stand, U could almost hear it - at least I did.

Of course he wouldnt mention the players name expressly. He even avoided it when asked which player he was talking about by the interviewer and said he would be discussing with the player privately.

P.s - Feel free to disagree with me as I am not in the mood to get into an unnecessary wrangle with u[/s]

undecided

airmark:

5 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by macjireh: 3:08pm On May 13, 2021
so many factors lead to dat goal and to d L..one of it was d lineup at d back was faulty..Mendy and our regular defenders have found a chemistry,, they hardly make such mistakes.. there's an understanding BTW rudiger and Mendy... in dat situation rudiger will give dat ball to Mendy,not jorginho and Mendy will not even leave d post to receive rudis pass...little distortions like dat is wat can easily lead to unnecessary losses and draws
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by timbros(m): 3:12pm On May 13, 2021
Airmark you get time to dey go back and forth with these guys.

For someone to say Jorginho was under pressure by 3 players in this image below means there is nothing you can say to change his view.

Someone even say Kepa should have gone back to his post quicker. Like shocked shocked shocked Kepa should just vanish and appear in the post instantly? All this twisting just to absolve Jorginho of blame. Na wao.

Say TT even blame Zouma grin grin grin

11 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by airmark(m): 3:16pm On May 13, 2021
macjireh:
so many factors lead to dat goal and to d L..one of it was d lineup at d back was faulty..Mendy and our regular defenders have found a chemistry,, they hardly make such mistakes.. there's an understanding BTW rudiger and Mendy... in dat situation rudiger will give dat ball to Mendy,not jorginho and Mendy will not even leave d post to receive rudis pass...little distortions like dat is wat can easily lead to unnecessary losses and draws

I hope you remember what happened against Sheffield, where Rudiger scored an own goal where Mendy opened to his right for a pass. Even in the gif i posted yesterday, Rudiger gave a pass to Silva when Mendy had already given him option to receive the pass.

In almost all our matches similar situations had occurred and didn't go wrong like yesterday's. In the FA cup final if Leicester press high it will happen again and they only need to pick their targets correctly. That's all.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by timbros(m): 3:18pm On May 13, 2021
macjireh:

Oga there is absolutely nothing wrong with that defence and the pass sequence. The problem is Jorginho's last pass. Finish.

If we start blaming passes that led to passes and how the sequence should have gone, if you really want to go that route, you still have to blame Jorginho. Remember that Zouma gave him a pass first. Why did he return the pass back to Zouma? Why didn't he pass to Kepa then? If he had given another person that pass, Zouma won't even get the ball again not to think of passing back to him. We can continue to trace the passes backwards to when the game started.

Bottom line is, Jorginho is at fault for that goal. He made the error.

3 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by airmark(m): 3:19pm On May 13, 2021
timbros:

For someone to say Jorginho was under pressure by 3 players in this image below means there is nothing you can say to change his view.

Someone even say Kepa should have gone back to his post quicker. Like shocked shocked shocked Kepa should just vanish and appear in the post instantly? All this twisting just to absolve Jorginho of blame. Na wao.

grin grin grin

Man said 3 players were already on Jorginho. I had to go and check how 3 players were on him, so i could go for an eye test asap.

I am still waiting for Tuchel's exact words that blamed Zouma for that goal.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 3:27pm On May 13, 2021
Greatihex:
That's true. Thanks for the idea. I was planning to add to my hodls. I will wait and see, too.

Funny enough I sold my ADA and ADA is now running on narrative that it is environmentally friendly.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by timbros(m): 3:28pm On May 13, 2021
airmark:

grin grin grin

Man said 3 players were already on Jorginho. I had to go and check how 3 players were on him, so i could go for an eye test asap.

I am still waiting for Tuchel's exact words that blamed Zouma for that goal.

grin grin grin

Anything to win arguement.

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 3:29pm On May 13, 2021
timbros:

Deeplying playmaker that cannot spin away from this. I tire oh.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Roland17(m): 3:31pm On May 13, 2021
Capaldi:

This is agenda. Even Thiago silva that was closer to the goal post than Jorginho stood still. Everybody thought it's was a sure goal already and no one expected Kepa to even reach the ball.

This is the agenda I was looking for, thankfully someone has called it out.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Unlimited22: 3:36pm On May 13, 2021
Emaprince:
You weren't even born yet that time na

grin
Omo which kind talk be this na? grin

And it's not even true.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by donstan18: 3:54pm On May 13, 2021
Tuchel is being careful and don’t want to offend any player. Even when he was being interviewed after the match and asked about the goal, you could observe that he didn’t want to call Zouma so as not to be seen as a coach that blamed his players a lot.

Na why I like Mourinho. As e dey hot, he go talk say Zouma was stupeed.

Weyre receive ball dey form Captain, pointing up and down like deaf and dumb instead of to release ball when he had a lot of free players available to receive it.

Come, go, no wait, move left, oya come take am. Even traffic wardens never mumu like this.

6 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by macjireh: 3:54pm On May 13, 2021
airmark:

I hope you remember what happened against Sheffield, where Rudiger scored an own goal where Mendy opened to his right for a pass. Even in the gif i posted yesterday, Rudiger gave a pass to Silva when Mendy had already given him option to receive the pass.

In almost all our matches similar situations had occurred and didn't go wrong like yesterday's. In the FA cup final if Leicester press high it will happen again and they only need to pick their targets correctly. That's all.
after that game against Sheffield,, we have not had any more own goals or defense errors leading to goals,,the defenders have learnt and corrected demselves...u may mention westbrom,,but d error Neva lead to an immediate goal only a red...talking about position,, rudiger was not even in his rightful position wen he got d OG...on a good day,,rudiger from his position will not make dat zoumas pass to jorginho....football is not basketball,,d better side will always win in a basketball game even if there's just one mistake goal,,a very little mistake could mean a lot in football....d manager must get his lineup right and every player must get his decisions on and off d ball right everytime,,else a good team will just lose painfully
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by donstan18: 3:56pm On May 13, 2021
macjireh:

after that game against Sheffield,, we have not had any more own goals or defense errors leading to goals,,the defenders have learnt and corrected demselves...u may mention westbrom,,but d error Neva lead to an immediate goal only a red...talking about position,, rudiger was not even in his rightful position wen he got d OG... on a good day,,rudiger from his position will not make dat zoumas pass to jorginho ....football is not basketball,,d better side will always win in a basketball game even if there's just one mistake goal,,a very little mistake could mean a lot in football....d manager must get his lineup right and every player must get his decisions on and off d ball right everytime,,else a good team will just lose painfully
Never!!! He won’t try that.

You don’t set your players up when you could have made things easy for everyone on time.

Kepa even came out for him here, but the weyre was busy forming.... “Na me hold ball, I know wetin i dey do”..

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by macjireh: 4:01pm On May 13, 2021
timbros:

Oga there is absolutely nothing wrong with that defence and the pass sequence. The problem is Jorginho's last pass. Finish.

If we start blaming passes that led to passes and how the sequence should have gone, if you really want to go that route, you still have to blame Jorginho. Remember that Zouma gave him a pass first. Why did he return the pass back to Zouma? Why didn't he pass to Kepa then? If he had given another person that pass, Zouma won't even get the ball again not to think of passing back to him. We can continue to trace the passes backwards to when the game started.

I'm not absorbing jorginho of d error...but they 3,,zouma,,jorgi an kepa have their share of d blame... our regular back will not make such error
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by SodO9: 4:10pm On May 13, 2021
Jodera:
Lol... Isn't this the exact situation between xhaka and Leno against Burnley earlier this season and most people were blaming Leno for passing to xhaka grin
Very different, Leno put xhaka in a tight position and he foolishly took the bait
This one jourginho have the whole time and space to decide

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by airmark(m): 4:16pm On May 13, 2021
macjireh:

I'm not absorbing jorginho of d error...but they 3,,zouma,,jorgi an kepa have their share of d blame... our regular back will not make such error

So why didn't you blame Rudiger for this pass to Silva, seeing that Mendy was a safer option? In fact Silva passed correctly to Mendy unlike Jorginho that almost scored.

I asked donstan18 he never answered me. His other moniker User09 claimed that Tuchel blamed Zouma, he is yet to quote where he did.

I just don't have time to bring gifs of similar passes that Rudiger, Azpi, Chris, Silva gave to players in tighter spaces and nobody criticized them.

3 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by timbros(m): 4:18pm On May 13, 2021
donstan18:
Tuchel is being careful and don’t want to offend any player. Even when he was being interviewed after the match and asked about the goal, you could observe that he didn’t want to call Zouma so as not to be seen as a coach that blamed his players a lot.

Na why I like Mourinho. As e dey hot, he go talk say Zouma was stupeed.

Weyre receive ball dey form Captain, pointing up and down like deaf and dumb instead of to release ball when he had a lot of free players available to receive it.

Come, go, no wait, move left, oya come take am. Even traffic wardens never mumu like this.

How do you know it was Zouma he was trying to protect and not Jorginho?

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by donstan18: 4:22pm On May 13, 2021
airmark:

So why didn't you blame Rudiger for this pass to Silva, seeing that Mendy was a safer option?

I asked donstan18 he never answered me. His other moniker User09 claimed that Tuchel blamed Zouma, he is yet to quote where he did.

I just don't have time to bring gifs of similar passes that Rudiger, Azpi, Chris, Silva gave to players in tighter spaces and nobody criticized them.

Mendy is right footed and will most likely flop with left if he was given that ball to clear or pass with the pressure those players were coming with, Silva was the only option left for pass and according to you and some few, it’s not TT style to clear ball unnecessarily, but start build up play.

Now tell me why Zouma delayed and didn’t pass ball to Gilmore, Kepa, Chilwell or even Jorginho on time.

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by swiz123(m): 4:23pm On May 13, 2021
timbros:

Jorginho made the error quite alright. But if we are to go by your analysis, Zouma is right to be inviting stupid pressure on this team abi? Why was he pointing like a maestro which his generation can never be when he should have just passed the ball to either Gilmour or Chillwell. When he was presented with a chance at redemption, he stupidly chose to pass to Jorginho instead of Kepa who was more free.

While we blame Jorginho, we should also endeavor to get rid of Zouma's mediocrity. I prefer brainy defenders to efulefu defenders with unnecessary akpu obi( muscle).
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by macjireh: 4:23pm On May 13, 2021
airmark:

So why didn't you blame Rudiger for this pass to Silva, seeing that Mendy was a safer option? In fact Silva passed correctly to Mendy unlike Jorginho that almost scored.

we are talking about defensive errors leading to goals,,abi did silvers pass lead to a goal? yes,,there have been near misses,,but they didn't lead to us conceding

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (11350) (11351) (11352) (11353) (11354) (11355) (11356) ... (19435) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: SirAce, popizaino(m), hateshit, Ibukzy, Geld(m), CentiLion(m) and 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.