Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,539 members, 7,812,671 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 05:18 PM

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (11550) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 (10457892 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London / Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11547) (11548) (11549) (11550) (11551) (11552) (11553) ... (19127) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by A40(m): 1:55pm On Jun 03, 2021
hensben:
Your eye don clear now, e remain raumdeuter
Now? Are you high on igbeaux or other illegal substances? Since what year have I been on Pep's neck

airmark:

Let Raumdeuter catch you.
Whether I go off for two weeks or two months your stupidity remains constant. Carry on

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by lordfalcao(m): 2:05pm On Jun 03, 2021
BlueAngel444:
Chelsea will sign neither Kane nor Haaland, I pray they do, because if not there is no point selling Abraham and buying another average Joe. It will be like losing Tomori and Lamptry to keep what we have.

Chelsea have been interested in Sancho, na him fee and salary change Chelsea mind. Chelsea opted for Havertz because instead of paying €120m for Sancho and paying him €20m per year, it would be better to sign Havertz for €70m-€80m and pay him lower than €10m per year.

Read Dortmund want €150m for Haaland and Minola is asking for €30m per year for him. Barca have signed Aguero instead, Madrid going for Mbappe, PSG are looking to Rinaldo and not a BVB player to replace Mbappe. Juve are looking to Morata and Icardi.

City could go for Haaland if Kane moves fail, even Kane would take apart from 100m, 250k per week.

United will most likely sign Sancho this summer and offer him high salary.

Na still money make we no sign Rice, if westham doesn't come down to £50m-60m, Chelsea has other options.

The only link I trust now is the Adama traore link,
which rubbish adama Traore.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by User09: 2:09pm On Jun 03, 2021
Havertz10:
British propaganda, Chelsea bought kai because he was the next young star, Lampard was the charmer that made ziyech, timo and havertz deals possible, he knows how to convince players, I will give him credit for convincing them to join

even Toni kross that rarely praises players hyped kai

I'm not sure Lampard really wanted Kai. He only convinced him after the decision was made.

Kai was a board/Abrahamovic buy.

The players Lampard really wanted were Mertens, Tarkowski, Rice and Chilwell and at some point Aubameyang

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Havertz10: 2:13pm On Jun 03, 2021
nihilistjnr:

I kuku have a subscription to the Athletic.

Let's look at the key points from their articles on the Havertz transfer.

Pic 1. He was an Abramovich buy

Pic 2. Lampard was hardly alone in contacting the boy. All the big clubs contacted him to find out if he was interested in playing for them. The boy is a good player...he's just not 100m good which is why..

Pic 3. None of the big clubs bid for him, and were waiting to price him at 60m. This is what forced Chelsea's hand. If they waited to compete against the big boys at fair market value, they would lose. There's no way an official bid would come in from Bayern for a German player, and Chelsea would have a look in.

So whilst Bayern were waiting to submit bid at 60m, Marina and Abramovich essentially overpaid by 40m, knowing that nobody else would match that bid.

That's how according to the article you quoted, we signed Havertz. NOBODY BID FOR HIM.

The Lampard call literally means nothing. Lampard's boss was the one that wanted Havertz and instructed him to make the call.
coronavirus is the stated reason we won his transfer, I have read that article before, you can't ignore the fact that if covid didn't happen, we wouldn't get havertz

Lampard called him and convinced him, Lampard is the only one that can say if he wanted him or not and he has never said that he didn't want havertz

@bolded, So you know that havertz is good and you are first in line to call him useless
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by User09: 2:14pm On Jun 03, 2021
nihilistjnr:

I kuku have a subscription to the Athletic.

Let's look at the key points from their articles on the Havertz transfer.

Pic 1. He was an Abramovich buy

Pic 2. Lampard was hardly alone in contacting the boy. All the big clubs contacted him to find out if he was interested in playing for them. The boy is a good player...he's just not 100m good which is why..

Pic 3. None of the big clubs bid for him, and were waiting to price him at 60m. This is what forced Chelsea's hand. If they waited to compete against the big boys at fair market value, they would lose. There's no way an official bid would come in from Bayern for a German player, and Chelsea would have a look in.

So whilst Bayern were waiting to submit bid at 60m, Marina and Abramovich essentially overpaid by 40m, knowing that nobody else would match that bid.

That's how according to the article you quoted, we signed Havertz. NOBODY BID FOR HIM.

The Lampard call literally means nothing. Lampard's boss was the one that wanted Havertz and instructed him to make the call.

Only because of corona. We only took advantage where we would have stood no chance.

A lot of expensive players pursuit across most clubs was dropped as a result of covid. Even Valuations dropped. Dont make this look like a Kai thing
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by nihilistjnr: 2:15pm On Jun 03, 2021
User09:

Only because of corona. We only took advantage where we would have stood no chance.

A lot of expensive players pursuit across most clubs was dropped as a result of covid. Even Valuations dropped. Dont make this look like a Kai thing

Was there Corona in 2019?

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by nihilistjnr: 2:16pm On Jun 03, 2021
Havertz10:
coronavirus is the stated reason we won his transfer, I have read that article before, you can't ignore the fact that if covid didn't happen, we wouldn't get havertz

Lampard called him and convinced him, Lampard is the only one that can say if he wanted him or not and he has never said that he didn't want havertz

@bolded, So you know that havertz is good and you are first in line to call him useless

Lampard convinced him that what?

Who was the competition?

4 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Havertz10: 2:16pm On Jun 03, 2021
User09:

I'm not sure Lampard really wanted Kai. He only convinced him after the decision was made.

The players Lampard really wanted were Mertens, Tarkowski, Rice and Chilwell and at some point Aubameyang
Lampard has never said this

All this started with kepa, Chelsea forced their way into that deal and people started to say that Lampard doesn't have a say in transfers, there are coaches and there are managers, Chelsea nowadays only appoint coaches, it's easy to say since Lampard isn't the manager, any signing that goes against British agenda isn't Lampard's choice
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Havertz10: 2:18pm On Jun 03, 2021
nihilistjnr:

did we buy havertz 2019 or 2020?

When did covid start affecting the finances of teams in Europe?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by User09: 2:22pm On Jun 03, 2021
nihilistjnr:

The timing wasnt right then in 2019. Most top clubs had 2020 benchmarked for him except of course bayern who wanted it delayed

To give a perfect illustration, We would use Halland. It is very likely most clubs stall their pursuit for him for at least 1 year for similar reasons as Kai. I am almost certain he's still a Dortmund player by the start of next year, despite what all the transfer gossip would have us believe.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by nihilistjnr: 2:25pm On Jun 03, 2021
User09:

The timing wasnt right then in 2019. Most top clubs had 2020 benchmarked for him except of course bayern who wanted it delayed

To give a perfect illustration, We would use Halland. It is very likely most clubs stall their pursuit for him for at least 1 year for similar reasons as Kai. I am almost certain he's still a Dortmund player by the start of next year, despite what all the transfer gossip would have us believe.

Nobody wanted to buy the guy at the price he was valued at simple

That's why it was only Chelsea that EVER bid for him

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Liposure: 2:27pm On Jun 03, 2021
Havertz10:
france aren't the force they were and they weren't really a force, certain players stood up, calling benzema back to the national team is enough proof that France aren't strong

Portugal has a good team but attacking positions are poor, only Ronaldo and bruno, no wingers that are exceptional but they can give top teams trouble especially with Ronaldo

If Germany escape that group, I will know that they are serious, especting Belgium to win it cause they can't waste that generation of players, get as e be
Portugal are coming with a strong attacking force. Apart from ronaldo and bruno who is a midfielder by the way, there is andre silva (second highest goalscorer in the german bundesliga), bernado silva who plays for mancity, diogo jota who has been exceptional for liverpool imo and joao felix
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Havertz10: 2:29pm On Jun 03, 2021
User09:

all the top clubs show interest in a 21 years old? Most players at havertz age are on loan and looking for their career, he was the captain of his club side, best player in the team, winning best young player in the league while playing for a team that wasn't Bayern
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueAngel444: 2:30pm On Jun 03, 2021
Havertz10:
British propaganda, Chelsea bought kai because he was the next young star, Lampard was the charmer that made ziyech, timo and havertz deals possible, he knows how to convince players, I will give him credit for convincing them to join

even Toni kross that rarely praises players hyped kai
of course lampard attracted them but what exactly is your point.

What do you aim to achieve
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by User09: 2:30pm On Jun 03, 2021
Havertz10:
Lampard has never said this

All this started with kepa, Chelsea forced their way into that deal and people started to say that Lampard doesn't have a say in transfers, there are coaches and there are managers, Chelsea nowadays only appoint coaches, it's easy to say since Lampard isn't the manager, any signing that goes against British agenda isn't Lampard's choice

No one really knows.

I think it was Ibime who once said, U could easily confirm going by Lampard body language when we were having our slump, The players he stuck by were the once who he was convinced by; On this part I agree with him.

Also listening to Redknapp speech about our summer purchases when Lampard was sacked was also a pointer
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Havertz10: 2:32pm On Jun 03, 2021
Liposure:
Portugal are coming with a strong attacking force. Apart from ronaldo and bruno who is a midfielder by the way, there is andre silva (second highest goalscorer in the german bundesliga), bernado silva who plays for mancity, diogo jota who has been exceptional for liverpool imo and joao felix
jota is a fine player, don't you think that they have too many players that play in the same position?

Bruno and felix playing together with Ronaldo looks good but can it work, all 3 like to be central
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueAngel444: 2:32pm On Jun 03, 2021
donstan18:

Chelsea will be stoopid to go for any attacking player from Bundesliga.

Them no wan learn??
Like I care undecided as long as it rubs on the faces of scummies grin heheheheehehe Chelsea should sign Sancho
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by User09: 2:32pm On Jun 03, 2021
nihilistjnr:

Nobody wanted to buy the guy at the price he was valued at simple

That's why it was only Chelsea that EVER bid for him

Because of Corona. Dont interpret it more than what it is. We were one of the few top clubs who's finances was in the +ve and still ok during the crisis
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 2:34pm On Jun 03, 2021
User09:

Lampard signings were Ziyech, Werner, Thiago and Chilwell

Havertz was board but Lampard was not in support and tried to get them to spend the money on Rice instead.

Mendy was Cech and Lollichon but Lampard was fully in support

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueAngel444: 2:37pm On Jun 03, 2021
Havertz10:
coronavirus is the reason Chelsea got him, Bayern and Madrid wanted havertz to stay for another season at leverkuson, so they can arrange funds, kai is highly rated in Germany, he joined the national team at 18

We weren't even favorites for him

Lampard personally called kai and convinced him that Chelsea are building a new team, after buying ziyech and timo, kai was convinced that he will win things at Chelsea that's why he joined

Stop spreading propaganda, people that were part of the deal both the club that sold him and club that bought him have discussed the transaction

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gGqnSKUvmbE
Which bloody virus

Bayern are selfish thieves, why do you think Alaba and Kroos left to join Madrid, they are slave drives they buy own when the player is free. Did I say buy undecided ... The idiots wanted Havertz to run down his contracts, they thought Havertz is an asshole.

Madrid had spent a lot of cash, and were saving for Mbappe. Havertz was not an immediate need of either Madrid nor Chelsea, Chelsea just had to extra cash available, and a good negotiator
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by popizaino(m): 2:38pm On Jun 03, 2021
obainojazz:
Since here quiet, make larride come give us update on the railway cool
Is it carrying passengers or ransoms for kidnappers of school children .. Probably armoury for Nigerian army to carry out Buharis killing order wink

Buhari will handle the security challenges and Osinbajo will take care of the economy in the mud grin

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueAngel444: 2:39pm On Jun 03, 2021
Ibime:

Havertz was board but Lampard was not in support and tried to get them to spend the money on Rice instead.

calm down Lampard supported Havertz signing

Even you did as well, is it Barkley or RLC that would have stayed instead undecided
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Havertz10: 2:40pm On Jun 03, 2021
User09:

No one really knows.

I think it was Ibime who once said, U could easily confirm going by Lampard body language when we were having our slump, The players he stuck by were the once who he was convinced by; On this part I agree with him.

Also listening to Redknapp speech about our summer purchases when Lampard was sacked was also a pointer
Lampard will speak one day and we will get clarity, cause everything so far is assumed especially those claims that he didn't want to buy havertz since he already had mount, cause let's be honest that's where that came from

But he was sacked because roman expected Lampard to do well with better players

And he didn't know how to use them, did he prefer some to some? I don't know but it just seems like of late only British players can catch a break at Chelsea

And every club that went in the promoting british players business haven't been successful asides Ferguson's united

Arsenal, spurs and united have all suffered because of British players hype
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 2:43pm On Jun 03, 2021
BlueAngel444:
calm down Lampard supported Havertz signing

Even you did as well, is it Barkley or RLC that would have stayed instead undecided

No he didn't.

No need when you already have Mount. Barkley and RLC are just backups.

I read a report saying he tried to convince them to divert the funds to Rice and his cousin all but confirmed later.

But when the decision is made, as a manager, you play your part and call the player to make him feel welcome.

However this is different to Werner who Lampard was calling almost every week since January till July when he signed.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueAngel444: 2:43pm On Jun 03, 2021
Kilishihunter:

Didn't Sancho move there from man city's academy?
wanted to tell him that o, but. After a second thought, didn't bother
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Havertz10: 2:43pm On Jun 03, 2021
Ibime:

source?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueAngel444: 2:45pm On Jun 03, 2021
Ibime:

No he didn't.

No need when you already have Mount. Barkley and RLC are just backups.

I read a report saying he tried to convince them to divert the funds to Rice and his cousin all but confirmed later.

But when the decision is made, as a manager, you play your part and call the player to make him feel welcome.

However this is different to Werner who Lampard was calling almost every week since January till July when he signed.
that bolded part na wetin I dey refer to na
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 2:45pm On Jun 03, 2021
Havertz10:
source?

No time. Just my memory of reports I read and statements from his cousin on TV.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueAngel444: 2:46pm On Jun 03, 2021
Havertz10:
source?
you that said Chelsea that Havertz was pushing for a move to, where not favourites, where your sauce

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by nihilistjnr: 2:50pm On Jun 03, 2021
User09:

Because of Corona. Dont interpret it more than what it is. We were one of the few top clubs who's finances was in the +ve and still ok during the crisis

That's why I asked you if there was Corona in 2019

That was the year Bayern spoke to Kai Havertz personally and even showed him where he fit in tactically, but then chose to sign Sane for 50m

Manchester United also personally spoke to Havertz according to the Athletic article but then went to sign Bruno Penandes, a number 10, for 80 million Euros in January 2020

What does Corona have to do with the fact that nobody tried to pay the price Leverkusen put on his head . Nobody of course except for Chelsea.

The big boys were waiting for his contract to wind down so that they could start pricing him at close to fair market value

Chelsea didn't want to compete and overpaid for him.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by DumaEmpire(m): 2:52pm On Jun 03, 2021
Havertz10:
Lampard will speak one day and we will get clarity, cause everything so far is assumed especially those claims that he didn't want to buy havertz since he already had mount, cause let's be honest that's where that came from

But he was sacked because roman expected Lampard to do well with better players

And he didn't know how to use them, did he prefer some to some? I don't know but it just seems like of late only British players can catch a break at Chelsea

And every club that went in the promoting british players business haven't been successful asides Ferguson's united

Arsenal, spurs and united have all suffered because of British players hype
Gbam.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Havertz10: 2:52pm On Jun 03, 2021
BlueAngel444:
you that said Chelsea that Havertz was pushing for a move to, where not favourites, where your sauce
lets wait till Lampard speaks on the issue but I know that we weren't favorites for him

He was one of those players that you can wish for but knew you can't get

Like de ligt, I always knew that he was a star but before anybody could make a move, Juventus grabbed him

See kimmich, can anybody buy kimmich? How much you wan pay?

There are players that if you have them as core players in your team, you will challenge the best of the best

If we get haaland, camavinga and pau Torres, I will start boasting then especially with tuchel cool

(1) (2) (3) ... (11547) (11548) (11549) (11550) (11551) (11552) (11553) ... (19127) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Bluelines69, CaptainStephen(m), AirBay, airmark(m) and 9 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.