Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,220 members, 7,818,756 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:34 AM

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (12049) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 (10527221 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London / Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12046) (12047) (12048) (12049) (12050) (12051) (12052) ... (19166) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Havertz10: 7:18am On Jul 18, 2021
I don't understand schurley cheesy

All these cohbansexual people wouldn't kill me with laugh

We have academy players, that are constantly watched, if any is good enough, the manager is informed and he brings him to the first team

They are scrutinized and measured for value

Other players that are bought, were bought because they were better than what we have, haaland is better than all the strikers in our academy, if he needs time to settle in, we would understand, academy players wouldn't get such leeway because they haven't proven themselves to be good enough for such patience

How can you compare buying the finest player available in the market to players from our academy, I don't even understand the arrogance from Chelsea fans about cobham, only Terry can be labeled a success, mount is proving to be another overhyped cleverley, how many Ballon d'Or winners are from our academy, they win most youth cups because they are mixed with other expensive good players that were gotten from other youth teams, our academy is no different from others, make una dey calm down with the hype, besides a good player is a good player, if we see one, nobody argues about it, that's how solanke was hyped, people were wailing when he went to liverpool, where is solanke today?

Is he conquering the world?

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by afrodoc2: 7:35am On Jul 18, 2021
Havertz10:

We have academy players, that are constantly watched, if any is good enough, the manager is informed and he brings him to the first team

There he is scrutinized and measured for value

Other players that are bought, were bought because they were better than what we have, haaland is better than all the strikers in our academy, if he needs time to settle in, we would understand, academy players wouldn't get such leeway because they haven't proven themselves to be good enough for such patience

How can you compare buying the finest player available in the market to players from our academy, I don't even understand the arrogance from Chelsea fans about cobham, only Terry can be labeled a success, mount is proving to be another overhyped cleverley, how many Ballon d'Or winners are from our academy, they win most youth cups because they are mixed with other expensive good players that were gotten from other youth teams, our academy is no different from others, make una dey calm down with the hype, besides a good player is a good player, if we see one, nobody argues about it, that's how solanke was hyped, people were wailing when he went to liverpool, where is solanke today?

Hmmm
Oro pesi je
Very true. How many Ballon d’Or winners or even podium finishes.

6 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by swiz123(m): 7:47am On Jul 18, 2021
OJURONGBE1:

Enough of this, Swiz!
Regardless of what you think of that lad, he did a lot better putting on the Chelsea shirt with pride and scored few critical goals when we needed them than £60m Morata.
When Morata was squandering chances, loosing empty nets goalbounds, did you criticize him this much?
Leave the boy alone. Whether he make it at Chelsea or leave for opportunities elsewhere. He will always have my support.

Morata as a player is much more better than Abraham. He suffered confidence crisis at Chelsea and I was really mad at him... I was even more infuriated with the way he usually fell like a sack of potato, spoiling our link ups. But even at all this, I knew he is talented, just like Fernando Torres was.

I don't like Abraham because he spoils our flow and also doesn't have any talent to make up for it. All he does, hopes to do and wants do is hang around the box hoping for some cheap tapin from crosses. I can never applaud you for playing that way.

Talent always speaks for itself, that's why Morata left for ATM, then Juventus -- all big teams. Even Torres with his lack of form went back to ATM.

Question is, who wants to buy Abraham?? All big and semi big clubs have seen what I saw, which by the way is glaring

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 7:54am On Jul 18, 2021
cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Dost42(m): 8:04am On Jul 18, 2021
Havertz10:

Other players that are bought, were bought because they were better than what we have, haaland is better than all the strikers in our academy, if he needs time to settle in, we would understand.
Imagine having a finisher as greenwood,good on both foot,From academy.ours is just hype job
Abraham is just a poacher,every other thing is not good enough
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Exonerate1(m): 8:05am On Jul 18, 2021
donstan18:

How many top clubs tried signing Kane at 21?

Abraham is a very useless player. Most times I wonder how that Niqqa made it as a pro talk more of playing for a big club like Chelsea

Rather focus the time and effort on Borja who's actually the better player in every aspect

3 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by swiz123(m): 8:41am On Jul 18, 2021
Havertz10:

There is nothing worse than self deceit..

When Chelsea were banned from making transfers and a rookie manager hired, I feared for the worst. However, I was looking forward to seeing Mount, Tomori and James whom fans said were great players. I never looked forward to Abraham cos I had seen enough of his football or lack of it at Swansea and Villa.

Aside Tomori being a bit lightweight and suffer from some lack in concentration, I personally felt he was a great defender. Actually, my opinion was that it was Zouma who influenced his lack of concentration.

For Mount, he showed promises and I had little complain about him, probably because I didn't expect much from him as it was his first try... However, my expectations have increased and he must improve to match it.

I was James' biggest hypeman on Twitter before now. Early last season, I hyped him as the best RB in the league. I honestly didn't believe Trent Arnold was better than him as I felt he was a more complete full back... However, his repeated rubbish performance during the last days of Lampard and throughout TT's time has forced me to change my opinion.

Truth is, most of our academy players are not good enough to be core players in the team, especially in this era where other top European teams have quality players manning all their positions. How do we compete favourably if out of misplaced sentiment we choose to promote inferior talents.

The only person I have high hopes for is Billy Gilmour... I just hope he develops as planned.

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by airmark(m): 8:54am On Jul 18, 2021
Na wa o.

All these people saying 'Abraham is very useless', 'Abraham is not a footballer', Abraham is this and that. Where were these people when he was scoring goals in 2019/2020? What is wrong with having a poacher when the team already have creative players behind him?

Abraham may not be who we need and might have regressed, but calling him useless is just like calling a toothless Lion with claws, a domesticated cat.

11 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by lordfalcao(m): 9:07am On Jul 18, 2021
swiz123:

Chelsea won everything with Mikel. Ramires was instrumental in our first UCL win.

Jorginho has delivered UCL in his meager 3 years and hopefully, the league will follow.

Your opinion holds no weight. You can buy a club in Ogbomoso and start your kponkpon academy... Leave Chelsea decisions for those who matter
which one be kpon kpon academy abeg grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Almajirihunter(m): 9:08am On Jul 18, 2021
swiz123:

Morata as a player is much more better than Abraham. He suffered confidence crisis at Chelsea and I was really mad at him... I was even more infuriated with the way he usually fell like a sack of potato, spoiling our link ups. But even at all this, I knew he is talented, just like Fernando Torres was.

I don't like Abraham because he spoils our flow and also doesn't have any talent to make up for it. All he does, hopes to do and wants do is hang around the box hoping for some cheap tapin from crosses. I can never applaud you for playing that way.

Talent always speaks for itself, that's why Morata left for ATM, then Juventus -- all big teams. Even Torres with his lack of form went back to ATM.

Question is, who wants to buy Abraham?? All big and semi big clubs have seen what I saw, which by the way is glaring

Morata as a Chelsea player is much more better than Abraham undecided
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Almajirihunter(m): 9:09am On Jul 18, 2021
swiz123:

There is nothing worse than self deceit..

When Chelsea were banned from making transfers and a rookie manager hired, I feared for the worst. However, I was looking forward to seeing Mount, Tomori and James whom fans said were great players. I never looked forward to Abraham cos I had seen enough of his football or lack of it at Swansea and Villa.

Aside Tomori being a bit lightweight and suffer from some lack in concentration, I personally felt he was a great defender. Actually, my opinion was that it was Zouma who influenced his lack of concentration.

For Mount, he showed promises and I had little complain about him, probably because I didn't expect much from him as it was his first try... However, my expectations have increased and he must improve to match it.

I was James' biggest hypeman on Twitter before now. Early last season, I hyped him as the best RB in the league. I honestly didn't believe Trent Arnold was better than him as I felt he was a more complete full back... However, his repeated rubbish performance during the last days of Lampard and throughout TT's time has forced me to change my opinion.

Truth is, most of our academy players are not good enough to be core players in the team, especially in this era where other top European teams have quality players manning all their positions. How do we compete favourably if out of misplaced sentiment we choose to promote inferior talents.

The only person I have high hopes for is Billy Gilmour... I just hope he develops as planned.

What’s your opinion on Ziyech and Werner
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by swiz123(m): 9:21am On Jul 18, 2021
Almajirihunter:

What’s your opinion on Ziyech and Werner

Ziyech is still being overwhelmed my the speed of play in England. That fine boy football he played in Holland still dey him body. I can't tell if he is slow or just lazy. If he can't realize that spamming crosses doesn't work in England then he should be sold. However, I would want him to be given another season to prove himself cos he is a talented player.

Werner is an annoying player who due to a reason or two, you can't call entirely useless. He is useful against teams that play high line. The question is, how often are we going to play such teams? If we sign a striker, then Werner would immediately become surplus to requirement. I personally don't like players who don't possess the requisite skill a footballer should posses. Left to me, Werner should be used to entice BVB to let go off Haaland

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by popizaino(m): 9:26am On Jul 18, 2021
Ibime:

The guy was talking about Naira billionaires.

Nigeria has 3 dollar billionaires listed on Forbes. I will personally add Danjuma, OBJ and Jonathan to that list to make six.

What about Atiku?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by DumaEmpire(m): 9:34am On Jul 18, 2021
airmark:
Na wa o.

All these people saying 'Abraham is very useless', 'Abraham is not a footballer', Abraham is this and that. Where were these people when he was scoring goals in 2019/2020? What is wrong with having a poacher when the team already have creative players behind him?

Abraham may not be who we need and might have regressed, but calling him useless is just like calling a toothless Lion with claws, a domesticated cat.
Emphasis on the bolded sums up what we are all saying.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by donstan18: 9:45am On Jul 18, 2021
DumaEmpire:
Emphasis on the bolded sums up what we are all saying.

But Abraham is better than Werner and Harvertz in that top9.

You go still doubt this one? cheesy

6 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by DumaEmpire(m): 9:57am On Jul 18, 2021
donstan18:

Ofcourse. Abraham for bible is a legend and father of all nations cool

9 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by donstan18: 9:58am On Jul 18, 2021
DumaEmpire:
You are just not being honest.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Almajirihunter(m): 10:11am On Jul 18, 2021
swiz123:

Ziyech is still being overwhelmed my the speed of play in England. That fine boy football he played in Holland still dey him body. I can't tell if he is slow or just lazy. If he can't realize that spamming crosses doesn't work in England then he should be sold. However, I would want him to be given another season to prove himself cos he is a talented player.

Werner is an annoying player who due to a reason or two, you can't call entirely useless. He is useful against teams that play high line. The question is, how often are we going to play such teams? If we sign a striker, then Werner would immediately become surplus to requirement. I personally don't like players who don't possess the requisite skill a footballer should posses. Left to me, Werner should be used to entice BVB to let go off Haaland

Good point here I must say
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Havertz10: 10:20am On Jul 18, 2021
He is aware of his abilities and knows how to use them

Kai this boy is good grin

5 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Havertz10: 10:21am On Jul 18, 2021
DumaEmpire:
cheesy
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by izzou(m): 10:32am On Jul 18, 2021
donstan18:

So you go pick Abraham before Havertz?

undecided

3 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by User09: 10:47am On Jul 18, 2021
Hi @ Havertz10, take a look at Chelsea current wage structure. Imagine adding Haaland at 500k to the below

https://salarysport.com/football/premier-league/chelsea-f.c./
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Greatihex(m): 10:56am On Jul 18, 2021
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Amoto94(m): 10:58am On Jul 18, 2021
Yesterday’s friendlies:

Bochum 3-1 Dortmund
Rangers 2-2 Arsenal
Koln 3-2 Bayern
Leyton Orient 1-1 Tottenham
PSG 2-2 Chambly

… Chelsea 6-1 Peterborough.
We Move
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueAngel444: 10:59am On Jul 18, 2021
Unlimited22:

100m plus Abraham. A bit much, especially for someone who turns 28 imminently, but we might have to pay it. He has like 5 top level years left, enough time to train or find a replacement.
I agree, if Tottenham takes £50m plus Abrahamcheesy
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by donstan18: 10:59am On Jul 18, 2021
izzou:

So you go pick Abraham before Havertz?

undecided
As a top9

3 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by izzou(m): 11:01am On Jul 18, 2021
donstan18:

As a top9

angry angry angry

Stop the trolling

5 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueAngel444: 11:06am On Jul 18, 2021
donstan18:

Harvertz is naturally not a striker, he’s slow and sluggish, zero speed, not physical, i don’t see him doing well for us, especially as a false 9.
I see you are back in your clown costume
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by User09: 11:07am On Jul 18, 2021
Havertz10:

This one was another fool.

Never really knew what fans saw in him. The idiot believed in his own hype so much complaining about bench time only to go to Liverpool and still warm their bench. Stalled negotiations so bad that we had to let him go for free
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 11:14am On Jul 18, 2021
donstan18:

I doubt Jonathan being a $Billionaire.

When I saw Jonathan god son bidding over $100m for PHCN DISCO in South East during PHCN privatisation, I knew Jonathan is a billionaire. Add the hundreds of millions being attributed to Deizani and the fact one of Deizanis fixers is holding $250m (the one who abandoned his properties in New York and living on a Yacht), then their main benefactor GEJ must have hammered to pieces

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Amoto94(m): 11:17am On Jul 18, 2021
[color=#000099][/color]
User09:

This one was another fool.

Never really knew what fans saw in him. The idiot believed in his own hype so much complaining about bench time only to go to Liverpool and still warm their bench. Stalled negotiations so bad that we had to let him go for free
In 2017 I think he won the Golden Ball at U-20 World Cup and it's only logical for him to take the next step in his career and wanting out if not guaranteed minutes at Chelsea. Solanke is better than Abraham technically, that his decision backfired doesn't mean that he wasn't good as at the time he was hyped
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueAngel444: 11:22am On Jul 18, 2021
airmark:
Na wa o.

They are all bunch of idi.ots that prey on people when they are down or when questions are raised about them.

Na this kind id.ots go edit player for PES give them 99 for everything ask you make you follow them bet.

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (12046) (12047) (12048) (12049) (12050) (12051) (12052) ... (19166) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: AirBay, Theuniverse and 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.