Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,140 members, 7,867,312 topics. Date: Friday, 21 June 2024 at 01:42 PM

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (1214) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 (10762637 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London / Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1211) (1212) (1213) (1214) (1215) (1216) (1217) ... (19448) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Bimffo(m): 11:53am On Aug 17, 2015
Juve been romancing us for 2 weeks now. They wanna buy Ramires today, They wanna loan Cuadrado tomorrow.

Please bring $10-20 million, we give you both straight Up.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Chelseafan1: 11:54am On Aug 17, 2015
bigkesh:

Hope mourinho is not the 'useless' man

Mou, RA and the entire Chelsea board are all useless for not addressing the clubs deficiencies.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by bigkesh(m): 12:06pm On Aug 17, 2015
Chelsea should just open an account for Chelsea fans worldwide to pay for Ramirez and cuadrado plan ticket to Turin.........

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by landinfo: 12:25pm On Aug 17, 2015
homesteady:
lmaoooooooooooo
Hehehe U are a maaaad man...homesteady
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by bigkesh(m): 12:29pm On Aug 17, 2015
Griezmann’s release clause has been increased “significantly” from the €65m to €80m - the highest in club's history. #CFC [Marca]

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Spy360(m): 1:14pm On Aug 17, 2015
My candid opinion.

Chelsea lost because they are stereotyped. The team is structure to just defend and hope on counter. But the players weren't fit enough, so after conceding the first goal, it was a mountain to get past Man City without being decapitated. But that was exactly what happened,

Mourinho needs to buy to keep up, on a good day he would have done so; but Abram is not willing to dough out any cash. I have said it before and was attacked, Mou needs to sell to buy. His problem now is who to sell and who can buy such, again even if you sell who do you buy because there aren't much quality available in the market.

So what next?

This is the season where Mou managerial acumen will get the real test, buying titles and depending on stars won't work again, he now has to fashion out way to win just as every other manager he has insulted.

I feel he has the materials, Chelsea players were the best in the top 3 leagues in England, so why can't he use them instead of selling and loaning? Talking of Shurrle, De Bruyne, Kakuta, Solanke, Bamford, Chalobah, van Ginkel, Ake etc etc.

O I forgot Mou does not groom too, you are either groomed or boomed out.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by coogar: 1:27pm On Aug 17, 2015
Ibime:

Of everyone you named there, the only person he signed was Azpi.

Jose targeted both Costa and Matic, and had to fight to get Matic, whilst Emenalo was still protecting Torres and Mikel in their positions.

Hazard is an Abramovic vanity project. Hazard was at Lille when DD called Gervinho and asked him to put Hazard on the phone so Abramovic can speak to him, where he told him he is one of his favourite players and will offer him anything to come to Chelsea.

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/transfers/transfer-news-eden-hazard-was-convinced-by-roman-abramovich-to-join-chelsea-when-didier-drogba-called-gervinho-9129169.html

Shush if you don't know what you talking about. Chelsea had no central spine for years till Jose came and told them and got Matic, Cesc and Costa. Thats what won us the league, not the plethora of wingers Emenalo keeps chasing that struggle to finish 4th every season.

I don't care if Emenalo knows how to spot a good winger. That makes him no different from anyone playing fantasy football. What he doesn't know how to do is read a team tactically and get the players the team NEEDS.

you're a pathological liar.
chelsea and man utd had already submitted bids for hazard before didier drogba made any call to gervinho. even as at april 2012, hazard was of 2 minds. what finally convinced him was chelsea's champions league victory against bayern in may 2012. had bayern won the shoot-out, hazard would have joined man utd. when did roman become a football agent to single-handedly sign eden hazard without the blessing of his football director? you think you're in ijaw where you can lie to village peasants?

get out of here....

6 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by landinfo: 1:44pm On Aug 17, 2015
donjazet:
The major problem today was the fact that Chelsea played attacking football... Jose PLEASE bring back the bus.. Its as simple as that!! We are proud of parking the bus!!!!

U have said the truth, nothin but the truth.
Give Moanrinho this Barcelona team with Messi & co. & see him do his best by parking the bus.
Messi, Neymar & Suarez would become defenders by fire by force.
He should do something about Terry cos Zouma added pace in that game compared to Terry (forget the 2 goalz conceded in the 2nd half)
Only a full would xpect Mou to attack against the big boys-----against PSG, he also parked the bus aldough it turned out bad for him cos everyday no be christmas.
Moanrinho should stop listening to Abrahamovic thought of "good football" & go back to his style of parking the defense.

Moanrinho aka Complain.hoe is NOT Guardiola

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 2:00pm On Aug 17, 2015
coogar:

chelsea and man utd had already submitted bids for hazard before didier drogba made any call to gervinho. even as at april 2012, hazard was of 2 minds. what finally convinced him was chelsea's champions league victory against bayern in may 2012. had bayern won the shoot-out, hazard would have joined man utd. when did roman become a football agent to single-handedly sign eden hazard without the blessing of his football director? you think you're in ijaw where you can lie to village peasants?

get out of here....

How did Roman sign Torres without the recommendation of Technical Director. . . . or do you think any Technical Director in his right mind sanctioned Torres move? How do you give your blessing or denial to what Roman wants? Who are you but an employee of Roman?

GTFOH ninja. . . . from when you came here telling us Matic, Cesc and Costa are Emenalo's recommendations, I already know you know jack about the internal workings at Chelsea. Those are clear Mourinho signings that he had to push for.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nihilist: 2:36pm On Aug 17, 2015
OK now the dust has settled, let me drop my thoughts on the game.

Yes, we lost the game in the middle, but how?

Even though, both teams lined up 4231, City were effectively playing a variant 442 diamond.

Fernandinho would drop deep as the sole DM, with Sterling tucking in to play as an AM, and Toure pushing up to play as a support striker, with Silva playing slightly behind Aguero and Toure.

With Sterling, Aguero, Silva, and Toure, City's gameplan was to overload Matic/Fab and the CBs.

Navas stayed wide on their right flank and forced Azpi to stick with him, while Sagna was free to mark Hazard thoroughly

With Sterling tucking in, Iva would try to follow him, and then Kolarov would sneak up and whip in his specials. After Kolarov did this a few times, Ivanovic was forced to stay wide, and City were free to target the middle.

Next, Silva started running to Fabregas's side, causing Matic to try and follow him to the there, and leave his wing unmarked...(See Fernandinho's goal.)

The effect of those tactics, was the complete isolation of the CBs as we we all saw in the first few minutes, with Begovic making save after save after save, to the point where Aguero actually went to hail him cos he had tried.

Look at the first goal...Aguero Toure 1-2 IN THE BOX. Just shocking.

Now how could we have stopped this?

1. Play 433. By playing an extra CM, we would have been able to stifle city in the middle of the park. Because they effectively played a 3 or 4 against 2, city had the upper hand and Willian and Costa were effectively cut out of the game. I was shocked that Jose missed this, considering this was the guy that brought the extra man in midfield back to England.

Problem is we don't have a decent b2b CM outside Matic/Fab

2. Play a deadly winger. Ramires on the right was a short 1. Granted Jose played him to mark Sterling, but because he posed zero attacking threat, Kolarov was happy to ignore the malo and just keep bombing forward.

But we don't have a decent winger.

We weren't beaten by a superior team. We were beaten by our own tactical inflexibility.

When Jose saw what was happening, the best he could do was damage limitation. Terry didn't play badly, he did his best given his lack of midfield protection. So Jose subbed him for a faster CB to try and reduce the effect of Aguero. (1 wasted sub)

Cuadrado came on to try an offer the width(2nd wasted sub)

Falcao came on cos conventional wisdom States that you throw on an extra striker when you're losing the game in the dying embers(wasted sub 3)

Jose had to sub for subs sake, and not tactically because of a lack of players to implement a suitable plan B.

This game exemplifies why we need a CM and winger post haste IMO.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nihilist: 2:40pm On Aug 17, 2015
Pushing Fab to 10 is pointless as he's not agile enough, or quick enough to evade the opponents Pivot as we've seen many times.

He's at his best when he's orchestrating from deep.

We need a new CM, and Winger...and maybe a 10.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Chelseafan1: 3:19pm On Aug 17, 2015
coogar:

chelsea and man utd had already submitted bids for hazard before didier drogba made any call to gervinho.
even as at april 2012, hazard was of 2 minds. what finally convinced him was chelsea's champions league victory against bayern in may 2012. had bayern won the shoot-out, hazard would have joined man utd. when did roman become a football agent to single-handedly sign eden hazard without the blessing of his football director? you think you're in ijaw where you can lie to village peasants?

get out of here....

Spot on!!!
His tweet back then ' I am signing for the Champions league winner'
Even city wanted him too.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by bigkesh(m): 3:26pm On Aug 17, 2015
landinfo:

U have said the truth, nothin but the truth.
Give Moanrinho this Barcelona team with Messi & co. & see him do his best by parking the bus.
Messi, Neymar & Suarez would become defenders by fire by force.
He should do something about Terry cos Zouma added pace in that game compared to Terry (forget the 2 goalz conceded in the 2nd half)
Only a full would xpect Mou to attack against the big boys-----against PSG, he also parked the bus aldough it turned out bad for him cos everyday no be christmas.
Moanrinho should stop listening to Abrahamovic thought of "good football" & go back to his style of parking the defense.

Moanrinho aka Complain.hoe is NOT Guardiola
The best attacking league in the world is ? don't bother,its LA liga.....
The record number of goals scored in a season in LA lig is owned by?
Managed by?

Keep ur barber's shop analysis to yourself

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nihilist: 4:09pm On Aug 17, 2015
Kovacic signs for madrid lol
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by donjazet(m): 4:43pm On Aug 17, 2015
I have read some posts here and can't believe what I am seeing:: Any chelsea fan who is saying Mourinhno should be sacked is a BIG FOOL or clearly a plastic.. In football there are good times and bad times and being called classy is ur reaction in those bad times. Mourinho is an experienced manager and the current most successful in england and becos of a slump in form, ur calling himand our players who just won us d league 'names'. Sooo not cool. In football, trust is the key. Mourinho has his plans, I demand we trust him completely because there is no coach who is currently the master of the game. We have d best and here u are calling for his head. Shame!!!

3 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by airmark(m): 6:30pm On Aug 17, 2015
Nihilist:
Terry didn't play badly, he did his best given his lack of midfield protection. So Jose subbed him for a faster CB to try and reduce the effect of Aguero. (1 wasted sub)

I agreed with other analytical points, but the one above is off the mark. We would have lost more scandalously, had it been terry was nt ferried out quickly. He lost concentration easily and was n't match fit. The first attack launched by city exposed Terry was n't ready for the top game, begovic was the savior of that one on one with aguero. If not for begovic, the first half would have been like 4-0. Terry did couple of wrong calculations in ball interception and marking such that aguero would have converted a surprise clearing-miss by terry , only for him to hit the sudden ball awkwardly. The first goal has terry's fault written on it if you analyse it well. He did unnecessary marking out of his position, needlessly out of the box, at that moment more city players were in our box. You don't do that with attacking side like city, before he could track back to support cahill, aguero had slotted home the ball. He should have asked his midfielders to do that marking outside of the box for him. He is the captain and should be able to organize the rare well, yesterday was n't his day at all.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by lalaboi(m): 6:49pm On Aug 17, 2015
I didnt see the game but from what i have heard, we were really bad.

Lookng like we wont all that this season because we are missing quite a few things. .

Lat year, Games like yesterday, we had a solid bench that could come on and do something, assist (oscar) or score goals (Schurrle). This term we dont even have enough defenders talkless of a proper bench. Imagine just Azpi, ageiing Terry, Mr Cahill, Mr Buttocks Ivanovic(who has been found wanting in the past 2 games) and Yungin Zouma as defenders going into the season. . Just 5!. We have been very bad in pre season and it has crept into the season. We need Solid players to boost Morale, not the likes of the nonsense Colombians Falcao and Cuardrado.

Then again, Its only 2 games and we have Westbrom, Crystal Palace, before 2 heavy games in Everton Away and Arsenal Home. A win against the first 2 would boost morale a bit and if we can just beat Everton away, all this would be forgotten.

For us to do the above waht we need is at least 2 defenders (so Ivanovic and co can sit up or clear out), A Proper DM to partner Matic and a winger to help out on the right(why are we not getting Pedro??)

I wont start dissing mourinho now, he has done worse and will continue to be like that. He has won things being like that so why should he change for anyone? I'm used to his wahala, things will turn around definitely. .

@Rivals. . Na wa for una o. The party lasted almost 15pages. . Make una dey try reduce am smal small na grin

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 7:00pm On Aug 17, 2015
airmark:

I agreed with other analytical points, but the one above is off the mark. We would have lost more scandalously, had it been terry was nt ferried out quickly. He lost concentration easily and was n't match fit. The first attack launched by city exposed Terry was n't ready for the top game, begovic was the savior of that one on one with aguero. If not for begovic, the first half would have been like 4-0. Terry did couple of wrong calculations in ball interception and marking such that aguero would have converted a surprise clearing-miss by terry , only for him to hit the sudden ball awkwardly. The first goal has terry's fault written on it if you analyse it well. He did unnecessary marking out of his position, needlessly out of the box, at that moment more city players were in our box. You don't do that with attacking side like city, before he could track back to support cahill, aguero had slotted home the ball. He should have asked his midfielders to do that marking outside of the box for him. He is the captain and should be able to organize the rare well, yesterday was n't his day at all.

Terry has never been able to play highline so all this analysis na Yam. Whether Terry is fully fit or not, even a younger Terry simply lacked the speed to play highline. It happened to him many times during Scolari and AVB regime. He has never ever been comfortable with it.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Chestar5(f): 7:08pm On Aug 17, 2015
lalaboi:
I didnt see the game but from what i have heard, we were really bad.

Lookng like we wont all that this season because we are missing quite a few things. .

Games like yesterday, we had a solid bench that could come and do somthing, assist (oscar) or score goals (Schurrle). This term we dont even have enough defenders. Imagine just Azpi, ageiing Terry, Mr Cahill, Mr Buttocks Ivanovic(who has been found wanting in the past 2 games) and Yungin Zouma. We have been very bad in pre season and it has crept into the season. We need Solid players to boost Morale, not the likes of the nonsense Colombians Falcao and Cuardrado.

Then again, Its only 2 games and we have Westbrom, Crystal Palace, before 2 heavy games in Everton Away and Arsenal Home. A win against the first 2 would boost morale a bit and if we can just beat Everton away, all this would be forgotten.

For us to do the above waht we need is at least 2 defenders (so Ivanovic and co can sit up or clear out), A Proper DM to partner Matic and a winger to help out on the right(why are we not getting Pedro??)

I wont start dissing mourinho now, he has done worse and will continue to be like that. He has won things being like that so why should he change for anyone? I'm used to his wahala, things will turn around definitely. .

@Rivals. . Na wa for una o. The party lasted almost 15pages. . Make una dey try reduce am smal small na grin

actually it lasted for 20 pages undecided.....

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by dopeJemi: 7:18pm On Aug 17, 2015
Chestar5:

actually it lasted for 20 pages undecided.....

E pain am grin

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Spy360(m): 7:20pm On Aug 17, 2015
Don't blame Terry, Nihilist explained it all; the entire defensive play was shiit. Mou got his tactics wrong and only used Terry as his latest scape goat.

He even called the result fake, such a bad loser.

He would be sacked at christmas
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Chestar5(f): 7:20pm On Aug 17, 2015
Now lemme talk about my take on the match,

lack of attacking prowess - costa doesnt want to get injured or what, he didnt put much effort, i dunno about remy o whats up wit him sef... Falcao is not even a worthy striker.....

Cuadrado is not meant for the blues @ alll, does he have a goal to his name in a chelsea shirt? undecided

Ramires days are over abeg cheesy

Hazard is having lots of burden, it needs tp be reduce so he can perform well cry

Fabregas needs a special break to rest and relax is mind cos i know he can do better tongue

Oscar is my beloved wink regardless of anything

The defence also needs a sturdy addition either a LB or what...

Terry needs to retire after this season seriously, he shouldnt bother about going to america angry

Iva needs a butt reduction abeg shocked

Cahill needs a helper then zouma is still young and learning

Begovic should better know how to be independent of d defence

Finally, mourinho should know what he is doing.....

Season just started, so anything can still happen...maybe from our next game to d end of the season will mark an unbeaten run to d title cool.... KTBFFH

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Chestar5(f): 7:21pm On Aug 17, 2015
dopeJemi:

E pain am grin
cheesy

Na u know angry
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Danhumprey: 7:30pm On Aug 17, 2015
Seems like we are about to witness a repeat of what happened in 2007. '3rd season' syndrome,I think. The only difference is that,this time could be very 'special'.grin

Those familiar with Chelsea's recent history will understand what I'm saying. This is how it all started. The signs are all over,clear as daylight.

Chelsea play WestBrom next at the Hawthorns and we all know the Hawthorns ain't a good hunting ground for Chelsea.grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by dopeJemi: 7:39pm On Aug 17, 2015
Chestar5:
cheesy

Na u know angry

kiss kiss kiss
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by airmark(m): 7:41pm On Aug 17, 2015
Spy360:
Don't blame Terry, Nihilist explained it all; the entire defensive play was shiit. Mou got his tactics wrong and only used Terry as his latest scape goat.

Did nt you see a bit difference in central defence organization when terry was removed? Our midfield was in shambles, and attack was n't biting, if not, man city would nt have gone away with such win.

Meanwhile, I don't know who is asking mourinho to bid for higuain. It's like Chelsea is under a spell at the moment

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by lalaboi(m): 7:44pm On Aug 17, 2015
Danhumprey:
Seems like we are about to witness a repeat of what happened in 2007. '3rd season' syndrome,I think. The only difference is that,this time could be very 'special'.grin

Those familiar with Chelsea's recent history will understand what I'm saying. This is how it all started. The signs are all over,clear as daylight.

Chelsea play WestBrom next at the Hawthorns and we all know the Hawthorns ain't a good hunting ground for Chelsea.grin

If you are that sure, simply put your money where your mouth is grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 7:47pm On Aug 17, 2015
Danhumprey:

That is how it all started but through no fault of Joses.

Frank Arnesen and Roman were forcing Shevchenko, Steve Sidwell, Tal Ben Haim and Khalid Boulahrouz on him, and he didn't react well. It is up to them to learn from history, not Jose. He knows what the team needs, not them.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Chestar5(f): 7:51pm On Aug 17, 2015
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Chestar5(f): 7:51pm On Aug 17, 2015
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Danhumprey: 7:55pm On Aug 17, 2015
I actually think Diego Costa did a little well. Maybe not much. Or did I watch a different match?

I remember deep into the game when Costa evaded two City players in the box and then tee up Hazard who missed that clear chance to level the score. Costa trip and fall but somehow the ball got to Hazard who instantly became clueless and couldn't bury that chance.

Isn't that noteworthy enough of Costa?grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Danhumprey: 7:57pm On Aug 17, 2015
lalaboi:

If you are that sure, simply put your money where your mouth is grin
Hehehehehe!gringrin

Okay,make we bet 10naira.tongue

(1) (2) (3) ... (1211) (1212) (1213) (1214) (1215) (1216) (1217) ... (19448) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: ToyinDipo(m), rooftops, Realtord43, Unlimited22, andrewbaba44, Katcall and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.