Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,161 members, 7,815,057 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:20 AM

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (12220) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 (10485326 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London / Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12217) (12218) (12219) (12220) (12221) (12222) (12223) ... (19138) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by timbros(m): 5:49pm On Aug 11, 2021
Wait, na £1M per week PSG give Messi? shocked shocked
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 5:50pm On Aug 11, 2021
timbros:

Morata's last touch (heavy touch) before he passed is the perfect opportunity for VVD to nip the ball off him. But he was busy organising traffic as the warden that he is...

Morata was probably shocked that shey na me this guy who taught Vidic Baresi and Maldini dey run from?
Morata only grew confident when he saw VVD running away from him
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 5:51pm On Aug 11, 2021
kendrick93:
Yeah,
first game since a 7-8months lay off in a pre season friendly.
Great point

How many months injury was he acclamatizing from here?

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by kendrick93(m): 5:55pm On Aug 11, 2021
timbros:

More like a more sharp forward line... Salah dipped form. Firmino is just being Firmino. Mane was anonymous for a large part of the season. We only started to see the lethal Mane we use to know at the tail end of the season. Jota came in firing on all cylinders then got injured.

Forget VVD. Liverpool's problem was attack.
pool were fielding a combination of Rhys Williams , Henderson, Fabinho, nat Philips at CB.
You would be dishonest if you're telling me Vandjjik won't improve that backline hence better results.
c'mon now
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by kendrick93(m): 5:56pm On Aug 11, 2021
raumdeuter:

A fit VVD Liverpool was chopping 7-2 and in 4th position

Without VVD Liverpool was able to rally back to 3rd
Liverpool were challenging for the league before he got injured.
what happened next?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueRayDick: 5:57pm On Aug 11, 2021
TheLequte:

Okay.

But how many golden boots has Henry got? And how much does Harry Kane have?

Not saying one is greater than the other. Just comparing notes.

Harry Kane would’ve been closer to Thierry H. if he’d moved to a top club 3-4 years ago.

Henry got 4 golden boots in 8 seasons, Harry has played 9 seasons now and he’s got just 3.

Let’s not forget Henry got 3 of those 4 on a stretch . Igwe was unplayable.... he racked up assists on his way and even got voted twice as EPL best player . Then again u are right , maybe if Kane has moved to a more ambitious club he would’ve posted more figures than Henry ever did

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Silentgroper(m): 6:01pm On Aug 11, 2021
iamoyindamola:
And the 49 virgins will wait for them cheesy grin
It's actually 72.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 6:02pm On Aug 11, 2021
kendrick93:
Liverpool were challenging for the league before he got injured.
what happened next?

Challenging from 4th position?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by timbros(m): 6:03pm On Aug 11, 2021
kendrick93:
pool were fielding a combination of Rhys Williams , Henderson, Fabinho, nat Philips at CB.
You would be dishonest if you're telling me Vandjjik won't improve that backline hence better results.
c'mon now

Check their goals conceded, it's similar to when VVD was around. They lost up to 5 matches by a single goal. They couldn't score Burnley, Brighton, Fulham, Chelsea etc.... All these matches were 1-0..... Are you telling me a fit inform Liverpool forward line can't score average of 2 goals in those matches?

With VVD, they concede one or 2 goals and still win the match. How come they concede one and still lost?

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by nihilistjnr: 6:05pm On Aug 11, 2021
TheLequte:

Actually you’re right about that. VVD’s timing in that clip was wrong.

At the same time there are situations where your best bet is to keep the striker at arm’s length. You lunge, you get dribbled and you concede. You delay, other defenders mop the danger away.

And in this same situation, if VVD has kept Kane at arm’s length, he’d have prevented that goal because Kane, in trying to get rid of him or get a chance to shoot, would have to slow down and the other defenders would’ve dispossessed him.

The koko? Executing an idea the right way is very important.

I think VVD is still a very good defender, although I won’t say he’s the best ever.

To snitch on you to the mods dey hungry me walahi
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by kendrick93(m): 6:06pm On Aug 11, 2021
raumdeuter:

Challenging from 4th position?
Because 5 games into the season tells us all about how the season would end?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by patrickmuf(m): 6:06pm On Aug 11, 2021
KingAlabi:

E don fortify im mentions grin grin grin
Hehehe
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by patrickmuf(m): 6:06pm On Aug 11, 2021
Jodera2:
Lol.. I tell you oo
I bin give talk for my thread concerning my team arsenal on Sunday, Patrick.muf brought an opposing view.
When I tried quoting Patrick.muf to reply me, dem ban me. Tried with this moniker, dem ban am too

Tried it on Monday again (after the elapse of the ban), as I quote am again, dem ban d 2 monikers again.

Tried it again ysydy(all with different wordings oo). As dem ban my main moniker again, omo I just free Patrick.muf quote oo grin
Juju dey work... grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by kendrick93(m): 6:07pm On Aug 11, 2021
raumdeuter:

How many months injury was he acclamatizing from here?
Isn't this the same year he won the Euro's best?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueAngel444: 6:08pm On Aug 11, 2021
timbros:
Wait, na £1M per week PSG give Messi? shocked shocked
he nets 700k per week and tax is about 40% - 50%, so it's probably more
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Griffon(m): 6:08pm On Aug 11, 2021
PAOK have attempted to take Rahman on loan but Chelsea only want to sell the player because he is in the last year of his contract. Time to drum up interests and get rid of this guy once for all.

It appears Lyon are after Bakayoko. That's refreshing.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 6:09pm On Aug 11, 2021
kendrick93:

Because 5 games into the season tells us all about how the season would end?

After 5 league games, how many clubs were challenging for the title?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by kendrick93(m): 6:11pm On Aug 11, 2021
timbros:

Check their goals conceded, it's similar to when VVD was around. They lost up to 5 matches by a single goal. They couldn't score Burnley, Brighton, Fulham, Chelsea etc.... All these matches were 1-0..... Are you telling me a fit inform Liverpool forward line can't score average of 2 goals in those matches?

With VVD, they concede one or 2 goals and still win the match. How come they concede one and still lost?
They weren't creating quality chances consistently during that run were they?
My previous post explains the balance between Liverpool having a fit VVD and how it influences their attacking structure
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by patrickmuf(m): 6:13pm On Aug 11, 2021
NinjaMetahuman:
Wrong.

Most games Liverpool lost last season after VVd left, they either got outplayed or have same goal attempt stat.
It's not like liverpool had 10 shot on goal and failed to score while opponent had just 1 and score.

Holding more possession doesn't mean they are attacking. It could just be defenders and midfielders passing at the back and middle.
Go and look at each game stats again.
Either they have same shot on goal as opponent or opponent had more.
Sometimes when you hold most of the ball, it looks like you are the one playing which is wrong. Sarriball should have thought a lot of people that.

Besides, liverpool didn't start playing teams that parked the bus last season.
They played teams and they cracked a lot of teams that parked the bus when the two back wingers were firing.

Ask yourself, why did Liverpool attack suddenly became toothless when then wing backs are not supplying the assists or dictate games?

Almost 3 seasons in a row that Liverpool had their back 3-4 intact, they won everything and attackers were churning out goals but one season the defenders had problem, suddenly the attack became toothless.

Is that coincidence or magic?
His goals and those raking long passes to Salah and Mane was also missed...

If Gomez and Matip were fit, they'd have fared better...

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueAngel444: 6:13pm On Aug 11, 2021
Griffon:
PAOK have attempted to take Rahman on loan but Chelsea only want to sell the player because he is in the last year of his contract. Time to drum up interests and get rid of this guy once for all.

It appears Lyon are after Bakayoko. That's refreshing.
Lyon along with Napoli and Ac Milan, who would have thought, Bakayoko having suitors whereas Tolisso can't find one even at €10m

Meanwhile Romelu Lukaku has just landed at Biggin Hill airport some minutes ago. This video is real and confirmed, Romelu is now in London to complete his move to Chelsea. �� #CFC ��� [chelseapulse]
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by kendrick93(m): 6:14pm On Aug 11, 2021
raumdeuter:

After 5 league games, how many clubs were challenging for the title?
Who were tipped as pre-favourites for the title into the season?
Were l"pool out of the title race five games into the season or considered strong challengers?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Havertz10: 6:16pm On Aug 11, 2021
Oh Roman, do you know what that's worth?

Kai havertz is grin

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Burtonj: 6:16pm On Aug 11, 2021
Romelu Lukaku has just landed at Biggin Hill airport some minutes ago. This video is real and confirmed, Romelu is now in London to complete his move to Chelsea. �� #CFC

��� [chelseapulse]
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by kendrick93(m): 6:16pm On Aug 11, 2021
patrickmuf:
His goals and those raking long passes to Salah and Mane was also missed...

If Gomez and Matip were fit, they'd have fared better...
You sabi
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Neobulletzz(m): 6:17pm On Aug 11, 2021
cheesy

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Roland17(m): 6:19pm On Aug 11, 2021
Amoto94:
While many have quite rightly highlighted the global nature of the conversation, it is also important to acknowledge the UK was - by far - the largest country of origin for the abusive Tweets we removed.

— Twitter UK (@TwitterUK)
cc: Ibime, Nihilistjr, Raumdeuter Donjazet, Roland17

This absolutely does not shock me. The incident with the trio of Saka/ Rashy/ Sancho will further test the efforts of the UK in managing this situation as the season is about to start. The best part is that they are all in England now. I want to see how the narratives would go when one of those 3 players are involved with any incident. I will be watching closely!
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Havertz10: 6:21pm On Aug 11, 2021
Griffon:
It's matchday, so let's get rid of all these world-war and religious shalayes. We don't read the book of Revelation in here!

Here's my predicted line-up for tonight's game: Mendy; Azpilicueta, Christensen, Rudiger; Hudson-Odoi, Kante, Kovacic, Alonso; Werner, Havertz, Ziyech.

I deliberately omitted our EURO and Copa America finalists from that XI, albeit I hope to see them make the bench.
I think that he would start 1, jorginho or silva but I doubt that they all wouldn't start and if he is going to play havertz out of position again tonight, I wouldn't even bother to watch self, if tuchel is too foolish to realise that havertz is ineffective from the left then he deserves some dragging
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by patrickmuf(m): 6:26pm On Aug 11, 2021
NinjaMetahuman:
nope stat didn't prove otherwise.

Full season with VVd
Alex had more than 20 goals contributions
Robertson also pulled good numbers.

Season without VVd they both had 7-6 respectively
Big difference.

You refused to answer, why did attackers suddenly become blunt after VVd's departure? Why did it happen right after VVd had injury?

Anyone who didn't watch Liverpool games will keep on arguing...TAA was exposed last season because he was tasked with defending more than usual, he constantly found him 1 v 1 vs opposition wingers a stark contrast from what was obtainable 2 seasons ago where his constant forays forward meant opposition wingers had to do more defensively...

Having Philips, Kabak and all the other average or below average CBs meant TAA and Robertson had to check their forward forays as Liverpool became increasingly vulnerable at the back.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by TheLequte: 6:29pm On Aug 11, 2021
BlueRayDick:

Henry got 4 golden boots in 8 seasons, Harry has played 9 seasons now and he’s got just 3.

Let’s not forget Henry got 3 of those 4 on a stretch . Igwe was unplayable.... he racked up assists on his way and even got voted twice as EPL best player . Then again u are right , maybe if Kane has moved to a more ambitious club he would’ve posted more figures than Henry ever did

Correct. But Shearer also won it back to back to back (94-97).

Players with the highest goals for a single season are

Salah - 32 goals 2018/19
Shearer - 31 goals, 1995/96
Cristiano Ronaldo - 31 goals, 2007/08
Luis Suarez- 31 goals, 2013/14
Kevin Philips- 30 goals , 1999/00
Thierry Henry - 30 goals, 2003/04
Robin Van Persie - 30 goals, 2011/12

Harry Kane’s highest ever is 29 goals. 2016/17.

And can we say no one comes close to Kane in the last decade?

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by patrickmuf(m): 6:31pm On Aug 11, 2021
raumdeuter:

Just 2 days ago, Patickmuf and larride were analyzing wage bill not knowing say na from their nyansh mess dey smell
We talked about transfer fees and wage bill but as usual, you have to narrow it down to wage bill...

In fact, it was you and swiz that brought wage bill into the conversation in a bid to undermine the achievement of Conte at Inter...
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by TheLequte: 6:32pm On Aug 11, 2021
nihilistjnr:

To snitch on you to the mods dey hungry me walahi

LooL. Bros calm down. My other account is not banned. I just haven’t used it since I created this one.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BikeMan: 6:34pm On Aug 11, 2021
Havertz10:
I think that he would start 1, jorginho or silva but I doubt that they all wouldn't start and if he is going to play havertz out of position again tonight, I wouldn't even bother to watch self, if tuchel is too foolish to realise that havertz is ineffective from the left then he deserves some dragging
Is anyone begging you to watch the match?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (12217) (12218) (12219) (12220) (12221) (12222) (12223) ... (19138) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 7 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.