Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,814 members, 7,862,704 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 12:15 AM

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (12443) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 (10740299 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London / Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12440) (12441) (12442) (12443) (12444) (12445) (12446) ... (19411) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by izzou(m): 3:47pm On Sep 17, 2021
Roland17:

Stats also show Mustafi is better than John Terry.. His stats is one of the best in the world yet he did not make the squad for the Euros.. Well, let his stats keep being great, those who watch and interpret football outside of stats know what they see when they watch TAA..
Next year is the World Cup, the last thing TAA needs now is negative press about his performance.. As long as Southgate remains coach, he has to be solid at the back.

Southgate is not the compass for excellence. Even without TAA, he did not win anything, so...

I just find it weird that when a player is found wanting in just one match, he would be termed grave names.

Liverpool has played few games this season. How many was he found wanting apart from the Milan game? I guess you'll have to think deeply.

The guy is one of the best RBs in the world. His defensive stats is very good. His offensive stats is excellent.

No use one game dey condemn am, abeg grin

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Roland17(m): 3:55pm On Sep 17, 2021
izzou:

Southgate is not the compass for excellence. Even without TAA, he did not win anything, so...

I just find it weird that when a player is found wanting in just one match, he would be termed grave names.

Liverpool has played few games this season. How many was he found wanting apart from the Milan game? I guess you'll have to think deeply.

The guy is one of the best RBs in the world. His defensive stats is very good. His offensive stats is excellent.

Baba.. I no use one game Na.. grin grin You no watch last season? This is nothing new Na.. Irrespective of what the stats say, it’s no secret that TAA struggles defending. He is always behind the attacking threat, or lost when it comes to his positioning/ awareness.

Now, while I agree with you that Southgate is not the standard, he is still the head coach and will most likely lead England to Qatar next year. That means, he will ultimately decide who makes the squad and who gets game time. If that is the case, then TAA needs to show more on the back end..

3 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by izzou(m): 4:02pm On Sep 17, 2021
Roland17:

Baba.. I no use one game Na.. grin grin You no watch last season? This is nothing new Na.. Irrespective of what the stats say, it’s no secret that TAA struggles defending. He is always behind the attacking threat, or lost when it comes to his positioning/ awareness.

Now, while I agree with you that Southgate is not the standard, he is still the head coach and will most like lead England to Qatar next year. That means, he will ultimately decide who goes to makes the squad and who gets game time. If that is the case, then TAA needs to show more on the back end..

If his defending is "absymal" like you opined, it would definitely show in his stats.

You can not rule out his stats, because of what you think or feel we should know.

Yes, I agree he can be positioned wrongly and loses his awareness when he goes offensive, but he is still one of the Top 10 RBs in the world. He cannot be defending abysmally and still be amongst the best.

As for Southgate, he can go to the World cup with 4 Wan-Bissakas as defenders. He would not still win anything

grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueAngel444: 4:02pm On Sep 17, 2021
Almajirihunter:

Don’t know why this is funny grin grin
dunno but didn't ancelotti chase Werner according to rumors
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueAngel444: 4:03pm On Sep 17, 2021
Mecka:
Werner will be regretting ever signing for chelsea
nope he said he doesn't
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by CSTRR: 4:07pm On Sep 17, 2021
raumdeuter:

Osimhen played for Wolfsburg before going to Lille.
How will he enter Bayern team first
He has grown since then.
Besides, you can't compare wolfsburg to dortmund.
The quality of supporting cast at dortmund for haaland is significantly better than in wolfsburg.

Though I don't think osimhen is ready to lead the line for a club like bayern yet.

He needs to learn consistency.

3 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueAngel444: 4:08pm On Sep 17, 2021
Catfishing:
​When Tuchel signed for PSG in 2018, he moved to a beautiful house in 92 neighborhood.

He and his wife then hired a Filipino-born housekeeper to take care of their house.

This lady didn't count her hours and was always very professional and available to the Tuchel family.

Over time, a bond formed and one day Tuchel and his wife learned that she was working primarily to fund a major heart operation for one of her children.

Without asking himself the slightest question, Thomas Tuchel decides to fully fund the operation.

The operation went very well and the child can see the rest of his life with optimism. But that's not all.

As Tuchel is increasingly threatened with being sacked at PSG, he asks his housekeeper, what is her biggest dream in life.

She says she dreams of one day being able to return to the Philippines to have a house where she would spend the rest of her life with her family who stayed there and she misses so much.

Thomas Tuchel was later sacked by PSG and joined Chelsea, but before leaving, he didn't forget about his maid and offered her a lavish villa in the Philippines where she now lives with her family.

Amazing gesture grin

wink. @TheChelseaFC
He actually cares about people, ask Rudiger
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueAngel444: 4:11pm On Sep 17, 2021
BlueMann:
Kante is back. Who drops out tho?

Kiva had been our best plater these past two games, Jorgo had been steady too.

Don't think TT will throw Kante back in anyways. Maybe Jovacic against Spurs, then Saul & Kante against Villa.
Kante doesn't need to start before City game, he can come on as a sub, make we no hear story before man city game.

Saul can be used to give any of Kovacic or Jorginho rest
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by AnfieldFan: 4:32pm On Sep 17, 2021
Catfishing:
​When Tuchel signed for PSG in 2018, he moved to a beautiful house in 92 neighborhood.

He and his wife then hired a Filipino-born housekeeper to take care of their house.

This lady didn't count her hours and was always very professional and available to the Tuchel family.

Over time, a bond formed and one day Tuchel and his wife learned that she was working primarily to fund a major heart operation for one of her children.

Without asking himself the slightest question, Thomas Tuchel decides to fully fund the operation.

The operation went very well and the child can see the rest of his life with optimism. But that's not all.

As Tuchel is increasingly threatened with being sacked at PSG, he asks his housekeeper, what is her biggest dream in life.

She says she dreams of one day being able to return to the Philippines to have a house where she would spend the rest of her life with her family who stayed there and she misses so much.

Thomas Tuchel was later sacked by PSG and joined Chelsea, but before leaving, he didn't forget about his maid and offered her a lavish villa in the Philippines where she now lives with her family.

Amazing gesture grin

wink. @TheChelseaFC

Beautiful...
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by AnfieldFan: 4:36pm On Sep 17, 2021
izzou:

But his defensive stats is still one of the best in the world.

So how is it abysmal?

You shouldn't have bothered replying him...If he was this bad, no coach would play him irrespective of his attacking contributions...En say Arnold get poor spatial awareness grin grin grin
The guy is something else entirely...

As for being dropped for the Euros,wake up because you're likely asleep and dreaming @Roland17....
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Roland17(m): 4:37pm On Sep 17, 2021
izzou:

If his defending is "absymal" like you opined, it would definitely show in his stats.

You can not rule out his stats, because of what you think or feel we should know.

Yes, I agree he can be positioned wrongly and loses his awareness when he goes offensive, but he is still one of the Top 10 RBs in the world. He cannot be defending abysmally and still be amongst the best.

As for Southgate, he can go to the World cup with 4 Wan-Bissakas as defenders. He would not still win anything

grin

Stats must be valuable when interpreted. What is the use of the stats when he can not make the squad to Euros/ competitions? I mean, he can’t displace K. Walker, had Trippier and James picked ahead of him despite having the “stats”.. So what is the value of the stat?
This is not about what I think or feel but an agree though that was buttressed by his non selection.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Roland17(m): 4:40pm On Sep 17, 2021
AnfieldFan:

You shouldn't have bothered replying him...If he was this bad, no coach would play him irrespective of his attacking contributions...En say Arnold get poor spatial awareness grin grin grin
The guy is something else entirely...
As for being dropped for the Euros,wake up because you're likely asleep and dreaming....

Master!!! No be fight na.. I sabi say TAA Na your boy and I am not hating on him.. Infact, I like him going forward but that doesn’t mean I don’t know his weakness or his inability to improve upon them thus far.
Those weaknesses have held him back with the national team and for a player of his stature that has to be troubling.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by hensben(m): 4:43pm On Sep 17, 2021
BlueMann:
Kante is back. Who drops out tho?

Kiva had been our best plater these past two games, Jorgo had been steady too.

Don't think TT will throw Kante back in anyways. Maybe Jovacic against Spurs, then Saul & Kante against Villa.
He should start kova Jorg against Tottenham and then play warner lukaku Mount upfront.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by AnfieldFan: 4:48pm On Sep 17, 2021
Roland17:

Master!!! No be fight na.. I sabi say TAA Na your boy and I am not hating on him.. Infact, I like him going forward but that doesn’t mean I don’t know his weakness or his inability to improve upon them thus far.
Those weaknesses have held him back with the national team and for a player of his stature that has to be troubling.

Don't bother spreading uninformed opinions...You stated earlier that he has been outdone by every decent winger since he became the RB of choice...This is false as he has faced decent wengers ever since he turned 19(How many times has he been exposed?)He played almost the entirety of last season without his regular centerbacks,reined in his attacking instincts a bit,he still wasn't exposed....This guy has redefined what a RB should be...I won't bother defending him because if Klopp finds him good enough...Your opinion is irrelevant....
Though I wholeheartedly agree stats do not tell the whole story, they can be used to get a general idea of one's capabilities,great coaches make use of stats,so you shouldn't be writing them off....No wonder you refused to show me his so called piss poor defending via statistics..

For your info, Trent made the 26 man list for the Euros...
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by kushercain: 4:48pm On Sep 17, 2021
Mecka:
Werner will be regretting ever signing for chelsea

Regretting getting his first champions league?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by kushercain: 4:53pm On Sep 17, 2021
raumdeuter:

Osimhen played for Wolfsburg before going to Lille.
How will he enter Bayern team first

How old was he? Barely 19 and had health problems off field. He didn't even get mych game time and just played a season so wettin you dey yarn undecided

9 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by CAPdan21(m): 4:56pm On Sep 17, 2021
Roland17:

Stats must be valuable when interpreted. What is the use of the stats when he can not make the squad to Euros/ competitions? I mean, he can’t displace K. Walker, had Trippier and James picked ahead of him despite having the “stats”.. So what is the value of the stat?
This is not about what I think or feel but an agree though that was buttressed by his non selection.
Point of correction...TAA was selected for Euros but had an injury which made him drop out...though he sometimes lose out to fast wingers, to say he has no spatial awareness is very wrong...contrast with walker who is very suspect positionally but has very good recovery pace, yet TAA beats him in most defensive stats...that TAA is poor defensively is being overblown...
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Spy360(m): 4:57pm On Sep 17, 2021
AnfieldFan:

Don't bother spreading uninformed opinions...You stated earlier that he has been outdone by every decent winger since he became the RB of choice...This is false as he has faced decent wengers ever since he turned 19(How many times has he been exposed?)He played almost the entirety of last season without his regular centerbacks,reined in his attacking instincts a bit,he still wasn't exposed....This guy has redefined what a RB should be...I won't bother defending him because if Klopp finds him good enough...Your opinion is irrelevant....
Though I wholeheartedly agree stats do not tell the whole story, they can be used to get a general idea of one's capabilities,great coaches make use of stats,so you shouldn't be writing them off....No wonder you refused to show me his so called piss poor defending via statistics..

What you don't get is that Klopp may sacrifice his defensive frailties for his attacking prowess. Other coaches (Southgate) may not. So the fact that he still makes the match day squad for Liverpool doesn't take away his weaknesses. We all love TAA when he goes forward. But his defending is what is limiting him and making others a choice above him.

3 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by MorataFC: 4:59pm On Sep 17, 2021
raumdeuter:

The bold might not be false or lets say the difference between them is minimal
The difference between JT and Mustafi is minimal?

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by AnfieldFan: 5:01pm On Sep 17, 2021
CAPdan21:

Point of correction...TAA was selected for Euros but had an injury which made him drop out...though he sometimes lose out to fast wingers, to say he has no spatial awareness is very wrong...contrast with walker who is very suspect positionally but has very good recovery pace, yet TAA beats him in most defensive stats...that TAA is poor defensively is being overblown...

It is not overblown...It is a fallacy...If he is poor defensively, then there are no good defenders as far as the RB position is concerned...
I could post stats, but that would be Overkill..
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by AnfieldFan: 5:03pm On Sep 17, 2021
Spy360:

What you don't get is that Klopp may sacrifice his defensive frailties for his attacking prowess. Other coaches (Southgate) may not. So the fact that he still makes the match day squad for Liverpool doesn't take away his weaknesses. We all love TAA when he goes forward. But his defending is what is limiting him and making others a choice above him.

Can you back up your assertion about him being a poor defender with a factual comparison between him and any RB in the top 6 in the premier league so we can know how bad the gap is...
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by CAPdan21(m): 5:04pm On Sep 17, 2021
Spy360:

The point is what is the result of this so called defensive weakness..Liverpool has the one of the best, if not the best defensive records in the EPL over three seasons...even last season with missing defenders and injururies they still conceded less than Chelsea..his defensive stats are also top notch...so where is the proof abi is it eyeball analysis??
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by AnfieldFan: 5:07pm On Sep 17, 2021
MorataFC:
The difference between JT and Mustafi is minimal?

grin grin grin grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Roland17(m): 5:07pm On Sep 17, 2021
AnfieldFan:

Firstly, show me where I said he has been outdone by every decent winger.. If you can’t then I need you to raise your hand and call yourself a LIAR.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Roland17(m): 5:14pm On Sep 17, 2021
CAPdan21:

Baba stop the cap about the injury. According to Southgate he was dropped because he lost form and was behind Walker/Trippier/ James. His drop was not about injuries but a drop in form. A drop in form was about his weaknesses at the back.

Don’t even go there!

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by CAPdan21(m): 5:22pm On Sep 17, 2021
Roland17:

Baba stop the cap about the injury. According to Southgate he was dropped because he lost form and was behind Walker/Trippier/ James. His drop was not about injuries but a drop in form. A drop in form was about his weaknesses at the back.

Don’t even go there!
What is this one saying...TAA got injured in the last friendly before the Euros so I don't understand where you are coming from...He was definitely picked for the Euros...Go check your facts before capping nonsense
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by AnfieldFan: 5:22pm On Sep 17, 2021
Roland17:

Firstly, show me where I said he has been outdone by every decent winger.. If you can’t then I need you to raise your hand and call yourself a LIAR.

My bad, just checked now..It was Amoto...Sorry, I thought you were the same person I was having the initial discussion with...
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by izzou(m): 5:23pm On Sep 17, 2021
Roland17:

Don’t even go there!

My Oga, don't force yourself to swallow an L this evening

grin grin grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by iamoyindamola(m): 5:29pm On Sep 17, 2021
izzou:

Haba
Everyone knows TAA is the weak link in LFC defence
Be like you no they watch him against fast pace wingers how they roast him.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Roland17(m): 5:29pm On Sep 17, 2021
CAPdan21:

What is this one saying...TAA got injured in the last friendly before the Euros so I don't understand where you are coming from...He was definitely picked for the Euros...Go check your facts before capping nonsense

Where have I disputed he did not get injured? However, the injury was not the reason he was dropped. According to Southgate, Arnold had suffered a drop in form and that was why he did not make the trip..
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Roland17(m): 5:30pm On Sep 17, 2021
izzou:

My Oga, don't force yourself to swallow an L this evening

grin grin grin

Na 3 of una go share the L equally this Friday, no cheating. I go use scale to make sure say e dey even

3 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Roland17(m): 5:31pm On Sep 17, 2021
iamoyindamola:

Haba
Everyone knows TAA is the weak link in LFC defence
Be like you no they watch him against fast pace wingers how they roast him.

I Dey look all of dem as dem dey lie.. We have discussed here before that Robertson offers more in that defense in comparison to TAA. You don’t speak about TAA and talk about his defensive contribution, it’s always about his offense.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (12440) (12441) (12442) (12443) (12444) (12445) (12446) ... (19411) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.