Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,311 members, 7,867,812 topics. Date: Saturday, 22 June 2024 at 02:46 AM

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (12444) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 (10765909 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London / Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12441) (12442) (12443) (12444) (12445) (12446) (12447) ... (19456) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Amoto94(m): 5:34pm On Sep 17, 2021
Édouard Mendy’s Premier League form so far this season -

• 3 clean sheets from 4 games
• 1 goal conceded (penalty)
• 16/17 shots on target saved (94% save percentage)

5 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by patrickmuf(m): 5:35pm On Sep 17, 2021
iamoyindamola:

Haba
Everyone knows TAA is the weak link in LFC defence
Be like you no they watch him against fast pace wingers how they roast him.
I no know why he want argue...TAA is defensively poor...

Hendo and the CBs na them dey cover for am.

3 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by iamoyindamola(m): 5:35pm On Sep 17, 2021
Roland17:

I Dey look all of dem as dem dey lie.. We have discussed here before that Robertson offers more in that defense in comparison to TAA. You don’t speak about TAA and talk about his defensive contribution, it’s always about his offense.
You know rashford for Scummy United, he dan finish the guy no be small grin grin
I like Arnold alot(FPL wise) but when he bomb forward he they give defenders work especially VVD that one will be looking for reinforcement
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by zeusis(m): 5:36pm On Sep 17, 2021
Roland17:

I Dey look all of dem as dem dey lie.. We have discussed here before that Robertson offers more in that defense in comparison to TAA. You don’t speak about TAA and talk about his defensive contribution, it’s always about his offense.
the 2nd goal against AC Milan robbo tracked back, made the goal like clearance before Diaz swept it in
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by iamoyindamola(m): 5:37pm On Sep 17, 2021
patrickmuf:
I no know why he want argue...TAA is defensively poor...

Hendo and the CBs na them dey cover for am.
That guy suppose they see rashford for dream

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by CAPdan21(m): 5:37pm On Sep 17, 2021
Roland17:

Where have I disputed he did not get injured? However, the injury was not the reason he was dropped. According to Southgate, Arnold had suffered a drop in form and that was why he did not make the trip..
TAA was not dropped for the Euros but world cup qualifiers when both he and Liverpool were going through a dry patch...he was picked for the Euros Oga.. Swallow your L with ice water
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Amoto94(m): 5:41pm On Sep 17, 2021
23 - Most clean sheets in all competitions by teams in Europe's big five leagues since Thomas Tuchel's first game in charge of Chelsea:

23 - Chelsea
16 - Man City
15 - Sevilla, Monaco
14 - Lille, Man Utd
Source: OptaJoe

6 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by CAPdan21(m): 5:41pm On Sep 17, 2021
iamoyindamola:

You know rashford for Scummy United, he dan finish the guy no be small grin grin
I like Arnold alot(FPL wise) but when he bomb forward he they give defenders work especially VVD that one will be looking for reinforcement

You say TAA is poor defensively bring proof..na shalaye we just dey hear...no stats support this position...na to bring rashford and zaha of three years ago when Arnold was barely 19 to support themselves
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Skimpledawg(m): 5:43pm On Sep 17, 2021
Amoto94:
Édouard Mendy’s Premier League form so far this season -

• 3 clean sheets from 4 games
• 1 goal conceded (penalty)
• 16/17 shots on target saved (94% save percentage)
Dem swear clean sheets for Mendy cheesy
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by CAPdan21(m): 5:44pm On Sep 17, 2021
TAA is Eboue the 2nd, Van dijk is a traffic warden yet Liverpool still has the best defensive records over the past three seasons...Na only ebuka baba fit run this one
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by izzou(m): 5:44pm On Sep 17, 2021
iamoyindamola:

Haba
Everyone knows TAA is the weak link in LFC defence
Be like you no they watch him against fast pace wingers how they roast him.

If I bring defensive stats of RBs around the world, what position do you think TAA would sit on?

Please be specific. Don't answer shakushakuly

grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by izzou(m): 5:46pm On Sep 17, 2021
Roland17:

Na 3 of una go share the L equally this Friday, no cheating. I go use scale to make sure say e dey even

Show me a reliable link where Southgate dropped TAA because he dropped form, and I'll swallow this L with a chilled bottle of White wine

grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by iamoyindamola(m): 5:57pm On Sep 17, 2021
izzou:

If I bring defensive stats of RBs around the world, what position do you think TAA would sit on?

Please be specific. Don't answer shakushakuly

grin
Bring it out please
Btw this is Arnold v wan bissaka mainly defence last season
I won't use walker or Reece James here

3 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by izzou(m): 6:00pm On Sep 17, 2021
iamoyindamola:

Bring it out please

I have not said he's the best. I asked a simple question because you guys said he's defensively poor

If we bring out the stats of RBs in the world, what position would TAA sit on?

Na simple question be this na grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by iamoyindamola(m): 6:02pm On Sep 17, 2021
izzou:

I have not said he's the best. I asked a simple question because you guys said he's defensively poor

If we bring out the stats of RBs in the world, what position would TAA sit on?

Na simple question be this na grin
I don't know na, I can only compare him with the notable RBs in EPL
That's why I said bring it out so far we are rating base on defense and not attack
And yes he's very very poor defensively

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Roland17(m): 6:04pm On Sep 17, 2021
CAPdan21:

TAA was not dropped for the Euros but world cup qualifiers when both he and Liverpool were going through a dry patch...he was picked for the Euros Oga.. Swallow your L with ice water

Oga just stop with this amala you are turning..Southgate had already made it clear he was behind the guys picked ahead of him.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by AnfieldFan: 6:04pm On Sep 17, 2021
CAPdan21:

You say TAA is poor defensively bring proof..na shalaye we just dey hear...no stats support this position...na to bring rashford and zaha of three years ago when Arnold was barely 19 to support themselves

You d mind dem...Rashford dribbled him 3 years ago, na wetin dem still d talk....

To make dis thing factual...I've told them to bring any RB of their choice in the top 6 let's compare and see how poor he really is.....Them begin dance breakdance.....One is still confidently claiming Arnold didn't make the Euros...This can only be the result of following LiveScore's because of bet ticket instead of watching live to enjoy the game.. grin grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by iamoyindamola(m): 6:05pm On Sep 17, 2021
Izzou should we start comparing him with EPL RBs before we go global grin
This is him versus ayling
Be like you go drink L belleful today

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by AnfieldFan: 6:08pm On Sep 17, 2021
iamoyindamola:

Bring it out please

For someone who's very poor defensively, those are definitely not poor defensive stats, infact,they are clearly above average....
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by iamoyindamola(m): 6:09pm On Sep 17, 2021
AnfieldFan:

For someone who's very poor defensively, those are definitely not poor defensive stats, infact,they are clearly above average....
k

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by AnfieldFan: 6:09pm On Sep 17, 2021
iamoyindamola:

Think of it this way, Tackles and tackle success percentage....
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by AnfieldFan: 6:10pm On Sep 17, 2021
Roland17:

Oga just stop with this amala you are turning..Southgate had already made it clear he was behind the guys picked ahead of him.

Oga rest

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by CAPdan21(m): 6:10pm On Sep 17, 2021
Roland17:

Person wey dey turn Amala say na me dey turn Amala..you said TAA was not picked for EUROS because of poor form I told you he was picked but got injured which is true...Last question: was TAA picked in the final squad for Euros?? Yes or No...Nor dey turn amala
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by CAPdan21(m): 6:16pm On Sep 17, 2021
iamoyindamola:
You do know that the stat you posted for ayling was better than wan bissaka abi..so if the so called best defensive RB in the world cannot compete with ayling I don't know the point you are trying to make..or should I bring walker and cancelo let you see how TAA defensive stat is better than theirs??
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by iamoyindamola(m): 6:16pm On Sep 17, 2021
AnfieldFan:

Think of it this way, Tackles and tackle success percentage....
Lailai
Where is the stat you promised me
Remember I said he's the weak link in lfc defence and he's poor defensively, for you to counter this you are suppose to compare him with other RB for us to see if I am lying or saying the truth.
We know TAA is a beast going forward inshort he's the No1 sure guy but defense
Key word- defense
Am waiting for your stats
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by izzou(m): 6:17pm On Sep 17, 2021
iamoyindamola:
should we start comparing him with EPL RBs before we go global grin

These stats do not show he's very very poor defensively (like you said)

My point is that you guys are just exaggerating, and also intending to turn your exaggerations to a fact.

The guy may not be excellent defensively, buy he's not very poor defensively.

He may be the weakest link in the Liverpool's defence (In Patrickmuf's voice), but that doesn't mean he's very poor defensively.

Even without his offense stats, his defens stats are very okay for an RB.

Do you understand my point now?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by izzou(m): 6:19pm On Sep 17, 2021
Roland17:

He personally called you or he sent a text?

I'm waiting for the link, my chief.

The wine don cold oh grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by AnfieldFan: 6:21pm On Sep 17, 2021
iamoyindamola:

Lailai
Remember I said he's the weak link in lfc defence and he's poor defensively, for you to counter this you are suppose to compare him with other RB for us to see if I am lying or saying the truth.
Key word- defense

So far this season...

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by AnfieldFan: 6:23pm On Sep 17, 2021
iamoyindamola:

Lailai
Key word- defense

The stats you posted for Bissaka...What percentage of his tackles were successful compared to Arnold?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by iamoyindamola(m): 6:23pm On Sep 17, 2021
izzou:

My point is that you guys are just exaggerating, and also intending to turn your exaggerations to a fact.

He may be the weakest link in the Liverpool's defence (In Patrickmuf's voice), but that doesn't mean he's very poor defensively.

Bros he's poor, put him in a team like arsenal, Leeds, or any team that have confused CBs they will chop goals die.
He's failing in his primary duty that's why he's a defender that's why I wanted you to compare him with others

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by patrickmuf(m): 6:23pm On Sep 17, 2021
izzou:

Saying that Klopp needs to deliberately set up to cover for him was spot on by Roland17. Liverpool have the best wing backs in the league so, a switch to 3 5 2 will really favor them more so than Chelsea as it will mask the defensive lapses of TAA whilst promoting his attacking play...

3 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Roland17(m): 6:43pm On Sep 17, 2021
patrickmuf:
Saying that Klopp needs to deliberately set up to cover for him was spot on by Roland17. Liverpool have the best wing backs in the league so, a switch to 3 5 2 will really favor them more so than Chelsea as it will mask the defensive lapses of TAA whilst promoting his attacking play...

God bless you Patooooooo. I don leave the thing for them. This is what I was trying to help them see until dem begin see am as hate.

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (12441) (12442) (12443) (12444) (12445) (12446) (12447) ... (19456) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: AirBay, raumdeuter, Datakey and 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.