Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,492 members, 7,819,793 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:32 PM

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (12657) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 (10536210 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London / Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12654) (12655) (12656) (12657) (12658) (12659) (12660) ... (19170) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Jodera: 4:53pm On Oct 18, 2021
raumdeuter:

Yes. In the season they broke the record they were almost 20 points leading before March
Same with Last season
Oga mi calm Down na.
Man city were official champions as at May last season not March na.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 5:10pm On Oct 18, 2021
Jodera:
Oga mi calm Down na.

This was Gameweek 26 in February with City already 14points ahead of second place

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by patrickmuf(m): 5:10pm On Oct 18, 2021
raumdeuter:

How many times has City strolled to the title and Bayern is even a better team than City
How did you come to the conclusion that Bayern is better than City? How can Bayern that were quarter finalist be better than City who reached the final?

City strolled to which title? The season Mourinho came 2nd,, Liverpool were not the force they are now...

As for last season, Liverpool who were defending champions lost all their first team CBs to injury thus Manchester City had no serious challenge on their way to winning the league...Elsewhere, Chelsea were nothing to write hole about until Tuchel happened whilst Manchester United were/are pretenders to the throne...

If City losses Stones, Dias and Laporte to injury, I don't think it will be fair on them to still expect them to win the league, that's what happened to Liverpool last season...

The other two seasons, They hit100 pts whilst Liverpool finished with 99pts meaning the league was decided in the last day of the season...And in the other, Liverpool were champions?

Madrid will also stroll win LA Liga if Atletico and Barcelona are in turmoil or out of form...

Let City win it this season with Chelsea and Liverpool in top form...I just hope the all the top teams will not suffer injuries to their top players or at most, minimal injuries let's see how it will go down...

3 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Havertz10: 5:15pm On Oct 18, 2021
Jodera:
Oga mi calm Down na.
What he meant was that city had technically won the league then, attaining the points differential was just for formalities
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueMann: 5:16pm On Oct 18, 2021
MorataFC:
Liverpool defence with Virgil van dijk (€85m) conceded 3 goals against Brentford.

Something that chalobah, Christensen and sarr that cost 0$ did for fun.

You can't hate the blues.

#copied

Omo, I just smile and heave a sigh of relief whenever I remember that Brentford match.

While they were a constant threat throughout, we kept them relatively within arm's reach till the 70th minute. I expected them to pile on the pressure, but I didn't expect them to create a plethora of chances.

Kudos to Odogwu Mendy. Kudos to the defenders as well, they did good - barring the fact that they were dominated aerially.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 5:18pm On Oct 18, 2021
patrickmuf:
How did you come to the conclusion that Bayern is better than City? How can Bayern that were quarter finalist be better than City who reached the final?

Lyon got to the CL semi finals while finishing midtable in the French league. Chelsea won the CL while finishing 6th in the league. knockout competition

City strolled to which title? The season Mourinho came 2nd,, Liverpool were not the force they are now...

As for last season, Liverpool who were defending champions lost all their first team CBs to injury thus Manchester City had no serious challenge on their way to winning the league...Elsewhere, Chelsea were nothing to write hole about until Tuchel happened whilst Manchester United were/are pretenders to the throne...

If City losses Stones, Dias and Laporte to injury, I don't think it will be fair on them to still expect them to win the league, that's what happened to Liverpool last season...

The other two seasons, They hit100 pts whilst Liverpool finished with 99pts meaning the league was decided in the last day of the season...And in the other, Liverpool were champions?

Madrid will also stroll win LA Liga if Atletico and Barcelona are in turmoil or out of form...

Let City win it this season with Chelsea and Liverpool in top form...I just hope the all the top teams will not suffer injuries to their top players or at most, minimal injuries let's see how it will go down...

All these are just flimsy excuses, Was City injury free last season? Last season City lost KdB, Aguero. Played Foden as main striker yet strolled to the title. If Liverpool had lost Salah and Mane then what will we be saying
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by patrickmuf(m): 5:30pm On Oct 18, 2021
raumdeuter:

Lyon got to the CL semi finals while finishing midtable in the French league. Chelsea won the CL while finishing 6th in the league. knockout competition

All these are just flimsy excuses, Was City injury free last season? Last season City lost KdB, Aguero. Played Foden as main striker yet strolled to the title. If Liverpool had lost Salah and Mane then what will we be saying
You claim Bayern are better than City and I asked you how you arrived at that conclusion...

Last season, when Aguero was fit, did he start games? Aguero as at last season was no longer a starter at City...

KDB being injured doesn't equate to losing all your starting CBs...The equivalent is City losing Stones, Dias and Laporte...

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Jodera: 5:42pm On Oct 18, 2021
Havertz10:
What he meant was that city had technically won the league then, attaining the points differential was just for formalities

Oh.... Okayy
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 5:48pm On Oct 18, 2021
patrickmuf:
You claim Bayern are better than City and I asked you how you arrived at that conclusion...

Last season, when Aguero was fit, did he start games? Aguero as at last season was no longer a starter at City...

KDB being injured doesn't equate to losing all your starting CBs...The equivalent is City losing Stones, Dias and Laporte...

Point is if Liverpool had lost Salah and Mane you will complain. If they lose anyone you will complain. City lost their 2 best players and managed to win yet we are saying losing defenders is the excuse for Liverpool going 5 games without being able to score
KdB is Citys best player and was lost, its the equivalent of Liverpool losing Salah I am sure you will come to complain too
Bayern is better than City everyone knows that. Look at UEFA coeffcient of teams and see where both are rated
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Havertz10: 5:48pm On Oct 18, 2021
lipsrsealed
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by airmark(m): 6:28pm On Oct 18, 2021
BlueRayDick:

I disagree with this submission. Despite teams playing low block against city as u claimed last season they won 27 out of 38 matches.....Bayern in the bundesliga won 24 out of 34 matches ; that's almost the same win-to-games played ratio if u do the maths.

Bayern didn't need to spend 1bn before walloping teas easily in that useless league.

Don't drag me away from my point. Number of wins is inconsequential here as Bayern could decide to rest their key players in some of their games since title is always in the bag before the first kick. Using number of wins is useless, especially when you ignorantly or deliberately jettisoned number of losses suffered.

BlueRayDick:

The fact that bayern dominates and wins against English team most times they meet shows the "bundesliga is crap." mantra is just banter and not a factual statement.

Bayern could rest key players for forthcoming Ucl games, while you have their Epl counterparts must play to full strenght in Epl so as not to find themselves slide into Yuropa zone. Chelsea were lucky that the likes of Kante, Pulisic came back from injur refreshed for the knockout stages.

So Bayern were supposed to always have conditioning advantage after their Xmas break.

BlueRayDick:

Saying bayern will not have it easy against Chelsea on two legs sounds more like a wish/prayer. I mean bayern humiliated Chelsea the last time they met. Even arsenal as at last season did a double against this same Chelsea na.

It is not a wish bro. On full strenght Chelsea can beat that Upemikano and robotic Sule defence. Using the Chelsea team that lost to Bayern that year to weigh their chances now, is not only ridiculous but disappointing coming from you.

5 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by patrickmuf(m): 6:49pm On Oct 18, 2021
raumdeuter:

Point is if Liverpool had lost Salah and Mane you will complain. If they lose anyone you will complain. City lost their 2 best players and managed to win yet we are saying losing defenders is the excuse for Liverpool going 5 games without being able to score
KdB is Citys best player and was lost, its the equivalent of Liverpool losing Salah I am sure you will come to complain too
Bayern is better than City everyone knows that. Look at UEFA coeffcient of teams and see where both are rated
Aguero one of City's best players how?

When he was fit, why was he still benched? At least KDB walked back into the team whenever he was fit...

When Liverpool had their first team CBs available, they were very much in contention for the title...
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 6:55pm On Oct 18, 2021
patrickmuf:
Aguero one of City's best players how?

When he was fit, why was he still benched? At least KDB walked back into the team whenever he was fit...

When Liverpool had their first team CBs available, they were very much in contention for the title...

Before last season if they ask you to name Citys best players wont you name Aguero?
As at beginning of last season if they ask you to name the best 5 City player or even best 3, wont you name Aguero?
Pep won the title in a stroll despite playing without his top players in KdB and Aguero
If Liverpool had their CBs available but not Salah or Mane, you will still complain, if it was without Allison and Fabinho you will still complain
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by CAPdan21(m): 6:58pm On Oct 18, 2021
I have said this many times, often getting flak from fellow Chelsea fans who laud Tuchel as some sort of Messiah, but the system we play is very effective, collectively, but doesn't get the best out of anyone except the defenders and keeper on an individual level.

The problem is that we have a surfeit of No.10 types and a lack of true wide players, which is what you need to get the best out of Lukaku. And the true wide players we have, basically CHO (who rarely gets a game and is used out of position at RBW mostly when he does) and Ziyech (who plays crap when he does get a game, every time he returns from injury before picking up another injury), don't get used effectively because Tuchel refuses to play any system that doesn't involve a 3-4- or 3-5- base.

So, what we end up with, more often than not, is a tight defence and an ineffective attack. But it's enough to scrape through most games. And this is where I have an issue with the fans who turned on Lampard. At least Lampard tried to find a solution that used a back 4, got an extra attacker on the pitch and used players in more natural positions.

Tuchel, on the other hand, refuses to even try anything similar, even against lower league teams in cup games or weaker PL teams. We have no Plan B. Lukaku is clearly not best suited by Plan A, the only plan we have.

We have players who can be devastating when played out wide, such as CHO on the left and Ziyech on the right, or Pulisic. Even Werner can be effective used out wide.

So, are we top of the PL? Yes. Are we picking up points? Yes. Are we equal to the sum of our parts? No, we are not. The question is, when does the manager admit that and try to play a system that does allow us to equal the sum of our parts?

No doubt I'll catch flak from fellow Chelsea for daring to utter such heresy, but I prefer reality to blind idolatry.

Copied!!...Thoughts??

3 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by patrickmuf(m): 7:03pm On Oct 18, 2021
raumdeuter:

Before last season if they ask you to name Citys best players wont you name Aguero?
As at beginning of last season if they ask you to name the best 5 City player or even best 3, wont you name Aguero?
Pep won the title in a stroll despite playing without his top players in KdB and Aguero
If Liverpool had their CBs available but not Salah or Mane, you will still complain, if it was without Allison and Fabinho you will still complain
Aguero was one of their 2 best players but whenever he was fit, he was never selected to start...

KDB struggled with injuries too but was always recalled to the starting 11 when fit...

Doesn't the above tell you KDB was a key player and not Aguero?

Aguero for his past achievements is great but that's where it ends...
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by User09: 7:42pm On Oct 18, 2021
CAPdan21:

I have said this many times, often getting flak from fellow Chelsea fans who laud Tuchel as some sort of Messiah, but the system we play is very effective, collectively, but doesn't get the best out of anyone except the defenders and keeper on an individual level.

The problem is that we have a surfeit of No.10 types and a lack of true wide players, which is what you need to get the best out of Lukaku. And the true wide players we have, basically CHO (who rarely gets a game and is used out of position at RBW mostly when he does) and Ziyech (who plays crap when he does get a game, every time he returns from injury before picking up another injury), don't get used effectively because Tuchel refuses to play any system that doesn't involve a 3-4- or 3-5- base.

So, what we end up with, more often than not, is a tight defence and an ineffective attack. But it's enough to scrape through most games. And this is where I have an issue with the fans who turned on Lampard. At least Lampard tried to find a solution that used a back 4, got an extra attacker on the pitch and used players in more natural positions.

Tuchel, on the other hand, refuses to even try anything similar, even against lower league teams in cup games or weaker PL teams. We have no Plan B. Lukaku is clearly not best suited by Plan A, the only plan we have.

We have players who can be devastating when played out wide, such as CHO on the left and Ziyech on the right, or Pulisic. Even Werner can be effective used out wide.

So, are we top of the PL? Yes. Are we picking up points? Yes. Are we equal to the sum of our parts? No, we are not. The question is, when does the manager admit that and try to play a system that does allow us to equal the sum of our parts?

No doubt I'll catch flak from fellow Chelsea for daring to utter such heresy, but I prefer reality to blind idolatry.

Copied!!...Thoughts??

Disagree heavily. Lampard was clueless and trying to force a double 8 system.

There is no system that accommodates this crop of players without his flailings. I do understand why TT goes conservative.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Havertz10: 7:47pm On Oct 18, 2021
CAPdan21:

tuchel is either going go change his formation now that we have an easy run of games to fine tune it or he wants till december and it will be bloody for him and I really want him to stay at Chelsea for long

I don't understand the man, I expected him to be smarter than this, it's disappointing, we were playing a small team and you set the team up like a mid table team, we haven't played a single game this season that I can agree that we played well, something has to change
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Havertz10: 7:52pm On Oct 18, 2021
User09:

There is no system that accommodates this crop of players without his flailings. I do understand why TT goes conservative.

even against weak teams?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by User09: 8:12pm On Oct 18, 2021
Havertz10:
tuchel is either going go change his formation now that we have an easy run of games to fine tune it or he wants till december and it will be bloody for him and I really want him to stay at Chelsea for long

I don't understand the man, I expected him to be smarter than this, it's disappointing, we were playing a small team and you set the team up like a mid table team, we haven't played a single game this season that I can agree that we played well, something has to change

Here is the thing, TT isnt a Mourinho, Allegri who play ultra defensive

Tuchel has a track record of playing quick transitions attacking football everywhere he's been, If anything, Chelsea's the outlier. I havent even seen him tinker as much in Chelsea. Something he's been notorious for all his career. Tells you he's trying to exercise a lot of caution while getting the best of our parts

At PSG, Tuchel played a lot of 4–3–3 (sometimes 4–2–2–2) with lots of overloads and plenty of style to emphasize the attacking capabilities of wide forwards Neymar and Mbappe. Especially as Neymar didnt want to play on the wing to avoid tracking back

This cannot work here cos our wingers cannot make the right moves in terms of finding space between the lines of defense and midfield to disorganize the opposition. I cant count the number of times I get pissed at CHO and James for ignoring vacant spaces in front of them only to pass the ball allowing the other team to regroup and we become predictable.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by timbros(m): 8:13pm On Oct 18, 2021
raumdeuter:

It's only people who don't watch other leagues think they don't play low blocks. Didn't Bayern lose to Frankfurt just 2 weeks ago.

Don't these epl teams play low blocks vs Man city and still get trashed?
Just last weekend Watford got trashed by Liverpool

Liverpool won Watford. Same Liverpool couldn't win Fulham, Brighton, Burnley who played low block against them. They lost all those matches with a single goal.

Southampton just held Man City couple of weeks ago. Burnley won them last season.

We see smaller teams beating the big teams all the time in EPL steady, playing low block.

Bayern cannot keep up with the physicality of EPL week in week out all season. That's just my point. I'm not saying the won't trash some teams here and there... But to consistently maintaining their form the way they do it in Bundesliga will be damn too hard. There are 4 competitions played in England. Add the December fixtures, no rest. 38 league games in England against 34 played in Germany.

Bayern will find it hard in EPL.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by timbros(m): 8:14pm On Oct 18, 2021
raumdeuter:

This season I actually want to face Chelsea. You will knockout Bayern Last season? That must be a joke

Who knocked Bayern out last season?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by CAPdan21(m): 8:19pm On Oct 18, 2021
User09:

The part u quoted is a small part of the wider idea...the way I see it either the attack start clicking soon or the title challenge will be bust when and if Chelsea defensive records worsen
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by timbros(m): 8:21pm On Oct 18, 2021
raumdeuter:

This was Gameweek 26 in February with City already 14points ahead of second place

14 points is 5 matches.

How many matches was remaining as at February?

Who mathematically crowned them champions by February?

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Almajirihunter(m): 8:25pm On Oct 18, 2021
CAPdan21:

Copied!!...Thoughts??

I’ll love to see a four man back against Norwich at least this weekend.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 8:29pm On Oct 18, 2021
timbros:

Liverpool won Watford. Same Liverpool couldn't win Fulham, Brighton, Burnley who played low block against them. They lost all those matches with a single goal.

Southampton just held Man City couple of weeks ago. Burnley won them last season.

We see smaller teams beating the big teams all the time in EPL steady, playing low block.

Bayern cannot keep up with the physicality of EPL week in week out all season. That's just my point. I'm not saying the won't trash some teams here and there... But to consistently maintaining their form the way they do it in Bundesliga will be damn too hard. There are 4 competitions played in England. Add the December fixtures, no rest. 38 league games in England against 34 played in Germany.

Bayern will find it hard in EPL.

Bayern also lost to Frankfurt 2 weeks ago, Frankfurt that hasnt won a single game before playing Bayern, Not forgetting that Bayern drew Mochengladbach

Why wont Bayern keep up with physicality of the EPL, There are teams who play Bayern physically and they end up losing like Augsburg and Union Berlin.
How is Man City able to cope and win the league titles easily? The Burnley that is very physical no be everytime dem dey collect cricket scorelines from City
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 8:31pm On Oct 18, 2021
patrickmuf:
Aguero was one of their 2 best players but whenever he was fit, he was never selected to start...

KDB struggled with injuries too but was always recalled to the starting 11 when fit...

Doesn't the above tell you KDB was a key player and not Aguero?

Aguero for his past achievements is great but that's where it ends...

Aguero was a key player until Pep decided to use a system without him. Pep was able to adjust to losing his key players like KdB and Aguero winning the league easily. Maybe Pep too should give the excuse that Liverpool was able to win the league because Fernandinh was playing CB
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 8:32pm On Oct 18, 2021
timbros:

Who knocked Bayern out last season?

PSG on away goal despite Bayern missing key players
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by timbros(m): 8:34pm On Oct 18, 2021
CAPdan21:

Copied!!...Thoughts??

After all this long epistle, the bolded is the most important thing in football. Pick point and stay at the top.

If TT is doing it right now, what else are we talking about?

This clamour for 4 at the back, if TT apply it now and start flopping, this same set of fans will start the #TuchelOut hash tag.

I don't know if there is a rule that says a coach must play 4 at the back.

4 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by timbros(m): 8:37pm On Oct 18, 2021
raumdeuter:

PSG on away goal despite Bayern missing key players

Away goal or not, PSG knock Bayern out. City won PSG and Chelsea won City...... So I can tell you that Chelsea will knock out Bayern last season.

And, do you have to add the bolded and yet Liverpool can't say its injury to their CBs that gave City the league last season?

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 8:39pm On Oct 18, 2021
timbros:

Away goal or not, PSG knock Bayern out. City won PSG and Chelsea won City...... So I can tell you that Chelsea will knock out Bayern last season.

And, do you have to add the bolded and yet Liverpool can't say its injury to their CBs that gave City the league last season?

PSG and Bayern played 3-3 and PSG won on away goal. How will Chelsea knock out Bayern? So we can say Since this season

Tottenham beat City, City beat Chelsea means Spurs will beat Chelsea but we saw the results and didnt go that way

Same way City had injury to KdB and Aguero otherwise they will have 2000 points out of 112

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by timbros(m): 8:43pm On Oct 18, 2021
raumdeuter:

Bayern also lost to Frankfurt 2 weeks ago, Frankfurt that hasnt won a single game before playing Bayern, Not forgetting that Bayern drew Mochengladbach

Why wont Bayern keep up with physicality of the EPL, There are teams who play Bayern physically and they end up losing like Augsburg and Union Berlin.
How is Man City able to cope and win the league titles easily? The Burnley that is very physical no be everytime dem dey collect cricket scorelines from City

The bolded should tell you that Fulham, Newcastle, Brighton etc can also win Bayern.

Let's face it, City have a deeper squad than Bayern. And most of City players are EPL trained already. Walker, Mahrez, Grealish, Foden (from academy), Stones, Sterling, even KDB. All these players are used to EPL already before going to City.

Don't compare City with Bayern.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by patrickmuf(m): 8:44pm On Oct 18, 2021
raumdeuter:

Aguero was a key player until Pep decided to use a system without him. Pep was able to adjust to losing his key players like KdB and Aguero winning the league easily. Maybe Pep too should give the excuse that Liverpool was able to win the league because Fernandinh was playing CB
Who asked him to use Fernandinho there when he had other first team CBs available?

You are comparing apples to oranges, City have Jesus, Sterling and Torres who can easily slot into that forward position, it's not the same with Liverpool that had all their first team options for the CB position absent for a long while...

(1) (2) (3) ... (12654) (12655) (12656) (12657) (12658) (12659) (12660) ... (19170) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: nathz45, mcdreeezy, sunnychibs(m), Whizlight(m), Thazard(m), airmark(m) and 6 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 121
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.